Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2022

Replies

• DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    @shaunarlr83 Oh girl, I'm so sorry to hear this. You did the right thing. I'll pray for you.

@TeresaW1020 Your Christmas tree is beautiful!

@trooworld I hope you feel better soon.

Hey y'all, I forgot to check in here yesterday! I got a new laptop/tablet 2in1 yesterday. So, I'm sure you can guess what I've been doing. Today, I did some moving around though. I did a 30 min workout weighed, measured and logged all my food.

Thanksgiving Challenge: (Monday)
    1) 10,000 steps everyday ❌
    2) Track my food everyday ❌ (except Thanksgiving day)

Day 7, yesterday, I was thankful for my husband who spoils me.

Thanksgiving Challenge: (Tuesday)
    1) 10,000 steps everyday ✔️
    2) Track my food everyday ✔️ (except Thanksgiving day)

Day 8, Today, I'm thankful for shelter & heat because it's really cold outside.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,004 Member
    @shaunarlr1983 - I'm so glad you escaped that horrible situation and I wish you all the best going forward. Will be praying for you.

@TeresaW1020 - your tree is gorgeous! Hope Joe's doing OK and that you had fun with your sis

@trooworld - oh no! feel better!

@Katmary71 - my husband and I think a trip to the dollar store is exciting lol!

Just a quick pop in- hope I didn't forget anything important!

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,852 Member
    @Katmary71 Thank you! Yeah, it's definitely not easy to cook and clean when you are sick. That's too bad about the concert.

@FushiaKat Congrats on your first place win!

@DrewsAnna Thank you! Congrats on the new laptop/tablet, that's exciting!

@Cornanda Thank you!

Hi all. Still sick. Hope to contribute more tomorrow.

Thanksgiving Challenge (11/4-11/24) Goals:
    - track 90% of what I eat ❌
    - drink 50 oz of water each day ✅

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers, I really am so happy. When I tried to leave in August I didn’t stick with it bc I felt I had no support. Not from y’all, I wasn’t being 100% transparent, but I had reached out to a couple of womens help places just because I needed advice and felt they weren’t very helpful or supportive. This time I feel so much love and support and even without it I know I’m happy and I can do this no matter what!

About 6 months ago my daughter had applied for some income based apartments and yesterday my mom and I got to take her to put the deposit down on her very own first place. It’s here in the town we are all staying back in (my home town) and she lives across the street from my oldest niece and only 4 blocks from my brother! It feels so great to be back close to family again. My mom and i drove my aunt and uncle to the city so he could get an eye surgery taken care of and then picked up some groceries. I helped her make a taco pizza recipe she has been wanting to try and my little brother came out to eat dinner with us and my son!!! I let myself have more carbs than I really wanted but it was the first real meal I’ve eaten in 3 days. I still stayed under calories so all is good. We talked about his gym in town and he said he hasn’t been going bc his key wasn’t working and that I had reminded him he needed to text the guy so I told him to tell him his sister wanted to sign up too. I ended up getting myself and both my kids a membership and we went ahead and knocked out a quick workout. After Fridays huge workout day I was super sore from those side bends so I’ve just been doing them weightless as more of a stretching exercise but last night I bumped up the weight to a 20lber. with a row! When things settle in and I have more of a schedule I will check out their classes that they offer sometime.

Looking forward to more family time and getting some things taken care of then I start job hunting. I’m really excited to work. I wasn’t allowed to have a job these past 13 years.
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    @trooworld I’m sorry it’s the yucky flu. Hugs feel better soon.

@Katmary71 I’m excited for you and your weekend ahead!

@TeresaW1020 I love your tree!!! I’ve done the ribbon for the last 10 years or so but it’s never looked that pretty!!

Have a great day everyone!!!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,526 Member
    @FushiaKat Oh green chili chicken stew souns amazing! Congratulations on first place for the Halloween contest! I was thinking about you today in the yard, glad to hear you're doing well. The Advent calendar sounds really fun!

@DrewsAnna Congrats on the new laptop! Sounds like you aced the day!

@Cornanda The Dollar Store is pretty fun!

@trooworld great job on the water, stay nourished and get well!

@shaunarlr83 I'm so glad you're feeling supported right now, that will help so much especially being surrounded by family. You're doing some killer workouts! Classes are pretty fun, try everything you can there! I was real intimidated by the stair treadmill and it was my favorite thing to do when I was in remission. I like classes too, I hope you find some favorites.

Hey hey gang! Had a great workout this morning then went on an adventure to get my Mom an air fryer at Target and dummy me didn't look up reviews until I got home. I stopped at Trader Joe's for some things and luckily an employee passing out samples asked me if I wanted one right when I realized I'd waited too long to eat and my blood sugar was low so I said yes and that got me through the register and home, don't try to beat low blood sugar like me (my vision was off and I was anxious and skipped breakfast, it's pretty obvious looking back but I'd checked to see if one of my lens was missing because it was so hard to see). I put a granola bar in my purse but I won't be leaving the house again without eating in the morning. I have a lot to do in the yard and can't finish work as one website's been down for a week so did what I could there. Not much else going on, have a great Thursday! It's been a month since I saw Bill so I'm excited for him to get here tomorrow night!
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    @shaunarlr83 dang girl. That’s rough. I’m so sorry. Keep moving forward. You deserve to be happy and safe.
  • DrewsAnna
    Hey y'all! I got off to a very low start today but, after a short nap I was able to get moving. I got in a workout and a full body strength afterwards. I'm curious if any of you like Leslie Sansone "Walk at Home" videos? I really like them a lot. They get the sweat flowing.

Thanksgiving Challenge: (Tuesday)

Day 9, Today, I'm thankful for music. Nothing gets my "feelers" going like music!
  • trooworld
    @shaunarlr83 That's too bad about the women's places not being helpful. You would expect them to be supportive and helpful both. That's great your daughter got her first place! I'm glad you have family around to support you. Yay for a gym membership! I'm excited for your new life, hugs! Thank you, I hope to feel better too.

@Katmary71 Thank you! I'm glad you were able to remedy the low blood sugar situation, that sounds dangerous. Enjoy your time with Bill!

@DrewsAnna I LOVE Leslie Sansone videos! For a while, I signed up for her membership (which is really affordable) and so I did the videos through my smart TV through her app. I really liked it. Yes, gets the sweat flowing and is doable.

Hi all. I tracked yesterday, yay me!!! I'm not really feeling much better but I am going to attempt working from home today. I don't think I will make it all day but I will work as long as I can. I ate my first non-starchy veggie all week last night and it didn't go well. I'll be more careful. :O

Thanksgiving Challenge (11/4-11/24) Goals:
    - track 90% of what I eat ✅
    - drink 50 oz of water each day ✅

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    PW 10/24/2022: 219.4

Check in weight (10/31/2022): 222 UGH
    Check in weight (11/7/2022): 222
    Check in weight (11/14/2022):223.2
    Check in weight (11/21/2022):
    Check in weight (11/28/2022):

I'm sorry I have be out of pocket. My new role at work is kicking my rear!

I hope everyone is having a nice November. I am trying not to let stress get the best of me, but as you can see by the numbers, stress is winning :neutral:
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 138.7
    CW: 137.7
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,526 Member
    @DrewsAnna I still have Leslie VHS routines! I loved them and all the ones on YouTube when I was in remission, hope to do them again one day! I still have some on a Playlist, she has a mellow enough personality that I love her.

Hi team! Got my workout in and my hair's done, Bill will be here soon and I have stuff for a stir fry ready but I had the meat on defrost for too long and it's almost cooked, hopefully it won't be gross! Not sure how much I'll be around this weekend since I haven't seen Bill on a month, only thing planned so far is Costco. Have a great weekend and slay those goals!
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna
    Weigh in Thursday
    PW:157.2
    CW: 155

@trooworld I have the app to, sometimes I throw it up on the t.v. and other times I'll go into the spare room and let hubby have the t.v.. I really like the app because it has so many choices. I hope you feel better sooooon.

@Katmary71 Have a fantastic weekend.

Hey Y'all, I had a very productive day in the yard. I cleaned up 💩💩 so my best buddy can have a clean restroom 🤣😂 and raked up leaves. Sent hubby to Quiznos for dinner. I'm already a little sore and I'm tired. It was great to spend some time out doors. My best buddy ran around in the leaves for a little bit. His idea of helping and my idea of his helping are obviously 2 different ideas. I wound giving him some treats so I could rake the leaves. Lol, I love my best buddy 😊

Thanksgiving Challenge:

Day 10, I'm thankful that I got to get outside and get some fresh air (well, after I cleaned up the 💩💩) It wasn't to cold and it wasn't raining.
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Hi all
    davidji82
    weigh in day Friday
    PW: 242.5
    CW: 241.4
  • Cornanda
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 171.5
    CW: 170.8

• Cornanda
    Son's birthday today- a lovely chocolate cake is in the house, likely two or more dinners out next week, Thanksgiving after that, I'm in "WHY BOTHER?!" mode.

Someone talk some sense into me please.

Lisa
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 201.0
    CW: 199.8

• trooworld
    @davors19 Congrats!!!