• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Weigh-In

Username - mari_moulin
    Weigh in day - Saturday
    Weigh in week - 2
    Previous weight - 225
    Current weight - 220.6

Almost got it back down to what I weight 2 weeks ago. It’s so much harder to lose than to gain 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,893 Member
    Weigh-In

Username - mari_moulin
    Weigh in day - Saturday
    Weigh in week - 2
    Previous weight - 225
    Current weight - 220.6

Almost got it back down to what I weight 2 weeks ago. It’s so much harder to lose than to gain 🤦🏻‍♀️

Awesome loss :)

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,070 Member
    The November Week 3 Group Challenge is live and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, November 13th. Please join us as we prepare for the upcoming holiday season as we do a 7-day No Gym Workout! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10877711/november-week-3-group-challenge-no-gym-workout#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :blush:
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    PW 149
    CW 150.6

UGH I am so annoyed. I just keep losing and regaining the same 1-2 lbs.

And, I just had some bloodwork done - my cholesterol is elevated but not enough to go on meds thank God. But my docs advice is so vague and annoying. I'm told to avoid fast food, fried food and refined sugar and work out 30 min x 5 days a week. I don't eat fast food. Rarely fried food. What specifically does it mean to avoid refined sugar? And I DO work out 30 min x 5 a week if not more.

I just want to roll my eyes. She didn't ask what my habits are now but just assumed they are bad. I want to do things to lower it but without more specific instructions I don't know what to do differently.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Jpedno wrote: »
    PW 149
    CW 150.6

And, I just had some bloodwork done - my cholesterol is elevated but not enough to go on meds thank God. But my docs advice is so vague and annoying. I'm told to avoid fast food, fried food and refined sugar and work out 30 min x 5 days a week. I don't eat fast food. Rarely fried food. What specifically does it mean to avoid refined sugar? And I DO work out 30 min x 5 a week if not more.

I just want to roll my eyes. She didn't ask what my habits are now but just assumed they are bad. I want to do things to lower it but without more specific instructions I don't know what to do differently.

Basically skip desserts and reach for a piece of fruit is what I read
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    PW 149
    CW 150.6

This just frustrated me. I don’t understands how doctors always assume we are not being healthy or give us the all the same script they tell all their patients just to get us out and move on to the next patient. Obviously there are changes we can make to better our health but we don’t all fit in the same box. I think maybe a nutritionist would give better advice.
  • Sorry im late with the weigh in, ive been away to Yorkshire for a conference this week, with lots of free food so have gained back a few pounds, but still within my maintenance goal

PW-161.4
    CW-163

@lindamtuck2018 or Megan_smartiepants1970- could you send me the link for the maintenance group please, i couldn't see it, many thanks
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
    @lindamtuck2018 or Megan_smartiepants1970- could you send me the link for the maintenance group please, i couldn't see it, many thanks

Hi Dee - I'm jumping in here about the "maintenance group". There is a thread that is not very active, but still holds a lot of interesting information, but you will mostly be right here with your team. The "Goal Zone" is part of every Fat2Fit team - maintaining is a lot like losing and hopefully you'll continue to inspire your teammates to join you and work towards keeping the body you have worked so hard to build.

Here is the old thread - feel free to post there - it will be great to re-awaken the discussions. I'll post it to the other teams with maintainers as well. Keep up the good work!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10803339/goal-zone-maintenance-chat#latest

This is fun for anyone to read - whether you're already maintaining or just dreaming about it!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

k6gnqd7dgdhu.png
    33zlakq53zan.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    7c9qo5mzylv8.png

By Pounds
    jlw4heg6k5ux.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    e8xle3vkb5f7.png

By Pounds
    mr7olfcklhrr.png
    f4n07i3v8zwn.png

Team Winners
    8796kc463tay.png
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 852 Member
    Great job everyone!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,474 Member
    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    Strength training is going well. Lol so looking forward to my upper body not being stiff or sore anymore. I had it in my head that I was going to gain weight if I started strength training but I'm quickly realizing that was nonsense.

That’s great. We have weights in the community room here. I am going to see if the doctor will allow any strength training. It’s so good for you.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Weigh-In

Username - mari_moulin
    Weigh in day - Saturday
    Weigh in week - 2
    Previous weight - 225
    Current weight - 220.6

Fantastic loss! You are right. The pounds are easier to find then lose.

PW 149
    CW 150.6

I have a dietitian who helps me with both diabetes and cholesterol information. Are you able to see one?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Steps: 2,375
    Exercise: ✔️
    Sleep: ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️
    November Badge: 3/10

Weight did drop a bit this morning. Still under the weather. Hubby got me Halls and cold medicine yesterday.

• lindamtuck2018
    Congratulations @mari_moulin @missGYST @tahm42
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited November 2022
    n5s5bti2vv9i.png

Here is my friendly Sunday reminder of the people's steps I need for November Week 2 ... Please have them in no later than Tuesday evening ( 11/15) so that I can post the results on Wednesday morning ...Thanks for your cooperation :)

@aneedlecraft 11/6 - 11/12
    @Jpedno 11/7 - 11/12
    @red1185 11/7 - 11/12
    @Bluetail6 11/6 - 11/12

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Congrats @mari_moulin, @missGYST @tahm42 for being our top 3 weight loss losers this week ...Great job ladies :)
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    @lindamtuck2018 I hope you're feeling better soon! I've been sick on and off for the past month too. What a pain!

@Megan_smartiepants1970 you too - I hope your pain is lessening or at least it's warming up by you so the cold isn't exacerbating it. Here are my steps for 11/7 on.
    11/7: 8,106
    11/8: 7,873
    11/9: 11, 623
    11/10: 9,001
    11/11: 6,107
    11/12: 8,778

Thank you!
  • IP2021
    IP2021 Posts: 85 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Here are my steps:

0gmlywl7c9bv.jpg