WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2022

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,676 Member
    Morning Ladies
    About rolling veins.. gosh after my surgeries every darn day they were coming in doing blood draws ,I would cry because if you dont get a good phlebotomist ,your in for it and they would come in at 5 am every morning to wake you up.. rolling small veins is what I have. I did have a port in my neck for awhile but they wanted that out and not use that.
    Geesh I don't even want to think about it all.yikes..
    Enough about that..
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    <3
    Betsy in NW WA
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Grateful for...
    17-*knowledge-that I really do have everything I need
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    This would be ideal! And might indeed be what I'll be doing. :)

8dshaacb2dwh.png

Machka in Oz

Yes, that does indeed sound absolutely perfect!

Tina in CA
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    :)
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,939 Member
    I am still testing positive for Covid. How long does this last? I am going stir crazy. I have not really been sick other than the cough. No fever, no loss of taste or smell, I woke up yesterday morning feeling so good. I just knew I was going to have a negative test. Nope. Not yesterday. Not today. I am supposed to deliver certificates to my lay servant academy on Saturday. That may not happen now. I have two associates taking care of the classes, but the certificates need my signature and theirs. If Dave tests positive for as long as I have, we may have to cancel Thanksgiving. We still have a week. I am ever hopeful!

Kim, I confess I missed your original post about the extent of yours and your mother's cookie making venture. Thanks to someone, Machka, I think, who quoted it so I could catch up with the conversation. I think I missed it originally because it was in a spoiler and I was skimming to catch up. I am proud of you for baby-stepping the reduction of the job while still acknowledging your Mother's feelings about it. I get where she's coming from. This is a tradition that is important to her. I always appreciate the gift of consumables, myself, because we can enjoy them and then they are gone. If it is too much, we can always share with others after the gift-giver is gone. I would never, ever, in a million years reject someone's gift outright. People and their feelings are always the most important thing to me.

I am seriously back on my eating plan. I think I have established boundaries that I can follow most days. One day at a time, but yesterday was a successful, boundary-following day. For anyone who is interested, I'll put my boundaries in a spoiler.
    Primary boundaries: 3 meals a day + 1 snack. Secondary boundaries: 2 meals are 1/4 plate protein, 1/4 plate complex carb, 1/2 plate veggies. 1 meal is a smoothie made with plant based protein powder, fruit, veggies, fat, fiber and non-dairy unsweetened milk. Snack is high protein, usually some kind of protein bar like Aloha, or cheese, meat stick, fruit and nut-butter, that kind of thing. Nothing considered a carb unless it is fruit. macro goals: 1800 calories or less (it's usually more like 1600), protein 90 grams or more. Yesterday I had 120 grams of protein. If I reach a point where I stop losing weight, I will revisit the number of calories. My goal is to create a calorie deficit, but not a big one. I used my goal weight times 12 to come up with 1800. Too much of a calorie deficit creates cravings and causes me to binge. I know this about myself. Another secondary boundary is that I can have dessert in small portions in social situations only.
    My diary is open to my friends, so if anyone wants to look at my food choices and comment, I'd welcome the feedback. I was doing really well following this plan at this time last year, but it got derailed with my father's illness and I haven't gotten back to it.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,429 Member
    My Christmas presents to my brother and DSIL are sorted as I've just donated to the food bank they requested. :D I thought they would need the money before Christmas. The choice of donation makes all of us very happy. <3

My flowers for an early birthday present for the same DSIL are due to be delivered today. They are off to Rome the day after her birthday, for a combined birthday/25th anniversary holiday, so I've sent them 10 days early. :) Mustn't forget to post cards next week. Will put it in my calendar as I've mentally dusted it off. ;)

I'm going to have an early Sushi meal tonight before my pottery session. Hooray! DH doesn't like sushi, so it's a great opportunity. He is going to cook his signature chicken stew for himself and we will have the leftovers tomorrow night.

Lots of love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Its nice to have meals exclusively yours.👍🏻💖. It makes the experience that extra special! Every so often I have a sushi night, with California rolls, edemame, gyoza and good strong tea, or a beer.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,780 Member
    <3