Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2022

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    @Jactop @shaunarlr83 @vegan4lyfe2012 @happysquidmuffin Way to go on the losses!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Thank you, I am! What the heck about the scooter lol. That sounds awful! I probably would have let a cuss word slip. ;) I think God would definitely forgive you. Good idea to trust the system. I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week, either. Enjoy your work from home day!

@Katmary71 Yeah I think I bought the wrong size but it may also be the style, they are skinny jeans and they are really skinny lol. I'm feeling better but a little tired by the end of the day. Thanks for asking. I'm glad you had fun with Bill. Wow that's a great deal on the fruit! Sorry about the bad sleep.

@DrewsAnna That sounds like a challenge, the veggies. I hope you can find a method to prepare them that helps you like them better. I'm glad you had nice weather for a walk with your best buddy.

@megnolia82 How'd you do on tracking your calories yesterday?

@Cornanda Hahaha! Darren would definitely appreciate that! Keep fighting the good fight!

@TeresaW1020 Good luck with the Medicare stuff. I don't know why they have to make it so complicated when the recipient is older.

@FushiaKat Wow, congratulations! That's a really pretty advent calendar.

Hi all. I'm feeling a lot better. Things are going well, I'm tracking and drinking enough water.

Thanksgiving Challenge (11/4-11/24) Goals:
    - track 90% of what I eat ✅
    - drink 50 oz of water each day ✅

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 475 Member
    Thanks so much everyone for the well wishes! Today I am actually starting to feel a bit better, my temperature has come down and my cold feels like it is loosening up a bit. My son was able to get me some fruits and veggies at a grocery store near his place and he has come over to take Vannie for her daily walks. He is a very good man!
    This is a picture of what the grocery store look like when I went in that day. There was an abundance of wilted, asparagus, and kale.😩

f4nhhvc7bghp.jpeg

horwvvt3wzzd.jpeg
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    @DrewsAnna I'd love to see pictures of where you and your best buddy walk one of these days! Playlist of short dances:
    Playlist of walking videos with a few goodies thrown in:

@happysquidmuffin Haha, way to go on beating Shauna! That's too funny, when I did the step challenges here (which wasn't fair since I was using my arms once I relapsed at first) there was someone who kept going 100 steps over mine at the last minute, I'd go to bed thinking I won and would see I lost by just enough so she could win the next morning. I had all these great ideas on how I'd win that made my nephews crack up but I had to dial down my competitiveness and let it go. Congratulations on your new low!

@Cornanda Interesting about when your daughter leaves, it's like our old days of emotional eating breaks through at least for me. I think knowing your husband will say something is definitely helpful with being at home.

@trooworld So glad you're doing well!

@Laurelfit57 I'm glad you're feeling better, your son sounds wonderful. Holy cow your grocery store definitely looks like the beginning of Covid, scary.

Hi team! Not much new here, had an appointment for a dental cleaning followed by imaging to get my fake tooth to wear while my gum heals from the missing tooth (still there but it's loose as the post broke) which was more than I expected. Rest of the day was mostly taking it easy, had another tough night so aside of my workout I haven't accomplished much. Have a great Thursday, this week is flying by!
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    edited November 2022
    @Katmary71 Thank you for the video's I'll be giving them a try :)

Hey y'all! Today was a good day. I did a 30 min "Walk, Run, Lift" workout and this workout literally kicked my booty. I earned 56 active zone min., from the workout and another 12 throughout the day. That's 68 active zone min., in the history of active zone minutes, this is the first time in one day I have earned "68" of them.
    We got a new (to us) oven range today so, tomorrow I'll probably be getting ready for the range to come in and be getting some cleaning done before Thanksgiving. I also need a rest day. My leg muscles are already a little sore.
    Tomorrow is my weigh in, I'm hoping for a positive outcome.

Thanksgiving Challenge:
    1) 10,000 steps everyday ✔️
    2) Track my food everyday ✔️ (except Thanksgiving day)

Day 16, today I'm thankful for sore muscles. No pain, no gain.

p2jo31k539ss.jpg

• trooworld
    @laurelfit57 I'm glad you have your son's support and are feeling a bit better. Oh gosh, that is a sad produce department! Wow. Looks like they have quite a few green onions, too lol.

@Katmary71 Thank you! Me too! This week IS flying by.

@DrewsAnna Wow, great work with the exercise! Congrats on 68 active minutes!!! ((( SKINNY VIBES ))) for weigh-in!

Hi all. I am doing okay, I had some emotional eating yesterday but today I feel better so it's all good. I think I will try a Pahla B workout video on YouTube this morning. Today is like my Friday: I am off tomorrow, my husband and I are going to the zoo.

- drink 50 oz of water each day ❌

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Katmary71
    @DrewsAnna The walking ones ended up not showing on here, I had them private and couldn't share them, here you go: Sounds like you had a fun workout, sounds challenging!

@trooworld Have fun with Pahla B! I like her, I do her seated ones often.

Wow not many posts, hope you all are doing well, I'm on an hour early but didn't realize how many of us post at night. Nothing exciting on this end, did my workout and did some work, spent time in the yard, then read so pretty mellow. I finally got the last air fryer (one for Mom and one for brother) so I can delete all the Black Friday apps off my phone so I'm not getting so many notifications! I'm still stuck on my nephews, grrr. Have a great Friday!
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna
    Weigh in: Thursday
    PW: 155
    CW: 154.9

I have worked really hard, I can't believe I only lost one tenth of a pound. I'm very disappointed. Maybe next week will be better.
    I didn't do any actual "exercise" today but, I did get 10,000 steps in.

Thanksgiving Challenge:
    1) 10,000 steps everyday ✔️
    2) Track my food everyday ❌ (except Thanksgiving day)

Day 17, today I'm thankful for my "new to me" range. It's nice to have something that works right!

• davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Hi all

davidji82
    weigh in day Friday
    PW:241.4
    CW:241.4
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,004 Member
    Friday weigh in:
    Cornanda
    PW: 170.8
    CW: 171.5

+0.7
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Good morning! It's with a heavy heart that I've decided to leave this lovely group. I'm hoping it's temporary and that I will be back! My husband's dementia has so many increasing demands on my time now that he has three different therapists a week, along with his other doctor appointments. Work at the church is very busy and I just found out that my niece and her three kids are moving here next month and that is going to create a whole lot of extra chaos. Soooo, I'm a bit overwhelmed and this morning as I sat and looked at my calendar, I knew that I need to simplify at much as I can right now.

I have loved being a part of the Slimpossibles for these past few years! I will continue to pray for you all that you meet your health goals and continue to support each other as you always do. I will miss you and hopefully, you will see me back once life calms down. If you can offer up a prayer for me and my family, I will appreciate it. <3

@broncobuddee please take my name off the spreadsheet for now. Thank you! :)
  • trooworld
    @Katmary71 I ended up doing a Leslie Sansone, but I'm definitely going to do a Pahla B soon! I'm impressed you've gotten so much of your Christmas shopping done. My husband doesn't get his bonus until Christmas eve, so we are usually scrambling to get our gifts last minute!

@DrewsAnna I'm sorry the scale didn't reward your efforts. That's always a bummer. Hopefully the scale will catch up next week. Hugs.

@TeresaW1020 I'm so very sorry, Teresa. We will miss you. I hope you come back soon. I wish you the best with Joe and the rest of your growing family. Hugs.

Hi all. I lost 0.4 lbs this week. Not a great amount but the scale is going in the right direction. I did a Leslie Sansone workout yesterday. It was only 15 mins but at least I did something.

Last night, we took our pug to a pug meetup. It was at a place that is a bar/restaurant that was specifically created to allow your pup to come with you. It's called "The Dog Society". It was so much fun! The dogs are allowed off-leash in certain areas, there are obstacle courses for the dogs, corn hole and other games for the humans, puppachinos for the pups (along with other foods like plain hamburger patties) and human food for the humans.

We are going to the zoo today. I can't wait!

- drink 50 oz of water each day ✅

• trooworld
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW: 226.2
    CW: 225.8

LTD: 22.2
  • Ftofit
    Ftofit Posts: 160 Member
    Username: ftofit
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW: 162.8
    CW: 161.2
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 285 Member
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 240
    CW: 238
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Friday Weigh in
    PW: 73.9
    CW: 74.7

Bit of a gain this week. Not a huge surprise but disappointing nonetheless. Feel like I’m heading back towards the right track though, so hopefully a better food week coming. Exercise still going strong - i increased the height of my step for aerobics this week and am at 97 days for closing all my rings every day.
  • Katmary71
    @DrewsAnna Hugs my friend, hope next week there's a bigger drop than you're expecting, I know it's frustrating.

@TeresaW1020 You and Joe and your family will be in my prayers, I hope you're able to return, please keep in touch! Big bear hug, hope to see you back here when things calm down. We're always here if you want to drop in and touch base or say hi, you're always part of this family.

@trooworld I must've done a Pahla B walking one but don't recall for sure, definitely did lots of Leslie and some Jenny Ford! I do like Pahla's gentle personality a lot. The Dog Society meet-up sounds like a blast! Have fun at the zoo!

@Tamevv That's an awesome streak of closing your rings! Thought of you today doing my side sit-ups!

Hi team! Same old stuff going on here, work, working out, and reading wishing for spring to hurry up. Been reading a lot, kind of in an anti-social mood. Have a great Saturday!
  • DrewsAnna
    @trooworld The dog society sounds like so much fun. I wish they had something like that around here. Have fun at the zoo.

Hey y'all. Well, I got a "new to me" range. I didn't do any actual "exercise" yesterday but, I was busy helping to get the new range installed. I love it, it's so pretty. The couple we bought it from only had it for a couple months. So, it's practically brand new. I also, pigged out a lot yesterday. I didn't make any good food choices but, today I did a little better. I've been tired today so, I decided to rest and hang out with one of my grand beauties that couldn't go to daycare today. I posted a link to my new range. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles but, for me, it's perfect.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/f3o1PmqNLFySBzGc8

Thanksgiving Challenge:
    1) 10,000 steps everyday ❌
    2) Track my food everyday ✔️(except Thanksgiving day)

Day 18, I am thankful for my grand beauties. There's nothing sweeter than hanging out with your babies, baby....

• trooworld
    @Ftofit @davors19 Congrats on the losses!

@Tamevv It's rare to have losses every week, very rare. I think you are doing great. Those are awesome NSVs! Congrats!

@Katmary71 I'll have to check out her walking videos and also Jenny Ford's walking videos. I've never done those either. The Dog Society was a blast! Thanks! I'm sorry you are in an anti-social mood. I get that was sometimes, too.

@DrewsAnna It was so much fun! I got to meet a lot of little puggies and their owners. Thanks! Congrats on the new range, that's exciting! Just in time for the big day, eh? Wow, that sounds awesome, brand new pretty much. I didn't see your range but I finally saw your best buddy!!! He's adorable! Thanks for sharing.

Hello all. I had a great quality-time day yesterday with my husband. I wasn't successful with food but I did get a good amount of walking in at the zoo. After that, we ordered a pizza to be delivered. It was an hour late! I was so mad and starving. I also did some Christmas crafting: I made Christmas cards and gift card holders with my Cricut Maker. The cards aren't as nice as @vegan4lyfe2012 's but they will do! :D Today, I am drinking black coffee because I am getting my bloodwork done this morning and have to be fasting. I rather prefer my coffee with cream. Here's a pic from yesterday of one of the lions up against the glass. So majestic. Also, some of the crafts I did.

- track 90% of what I eat ❌
    - drink 50 oz of water each day ❌

ssz9laruzra8.jpg
    kn5hr7h8bloa.jpg
    krnq7bsxq8l0.jpg

• GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 137.7
    CW: 137.7
    @TeresaW1020 -so sorry to hear that. Wish you all the best. Hugs.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in week: 3
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 225.6
    Todays Weight: 224.4
This discussion has been closed.