Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• JillyBurg7
    JillyBurg7 Posts: 473 Member
    When we kept chickens they had an outside run but at night went into a large shed. Dad had to walk down the garden to lock them in each night. Actually the garden was great during the day but became a spooky place at night with trees casting shadows etc. and it didn't help that we had an outside toilet. A normal toilet but in its own little brick house. I think I did the 4 minute mile haring down to that lavatory past the spooky trees etc. I must have been 7 and dad christened it Laco Solus after a plain on the moon. He installed a hurricane lamp partly to stop it freezing up and a large mirror facing the bowl. I was terrified looking in that mirror and seeing a distorted yellowy reflection of me! However a visiting nurse asked if she could use our Laco Solus once and said she'd never been in an outside loo that was warm from the lamp and a mirror to help adjust your cap. Alas, the outside toilet went the way of the dodo with after war improvements when we used the smaller bedroom to install a nice new chilly bathroom. To be honest, I preferred the bath in front of the kitchen fire but that was before I was a teenager!
    Apparently I've a multi coloured shower cap coming JACKIE. Mike said little choice at the store but I'm glad it hasn't got printed yellow ducks. If you all aren't fastt asleep by now enjoy the weekend.
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,023 Member
    Happy Saturday! :) Count me in on how nice it is to hear from you Patsy and know that things should be better with your children and grandchildren at the helm. None of us want to become independent but we must admit at times we do need help with some things. I, for one cannot lift anything heavy and even though I have an Oreck light weight vacuum my rug is too thick and hurts my back. Thus I have Bryanna clean my house. Once she is established in a salon and works full time I will have to hire a cleaning lady but I am fine with that. At least we are still mobile and moving and grooving.

Jackie, I assume you have done this from your IPhone correct?
    Open the Settings app
    Tap on your name
    Scroll down to iCloud
    Tap on Manage Storage
    Choose Change Storage Plan
    Select a new storage plan that best suits you
    I bought the 99 cents a month and it seems to be enough and I have loads of pictures on my phone.
    If I remember I transfer them to my computer but not too often.
    Babe does have AFib but goes to two different cardiologist and of yet haven't suggested a pacemaker.
    This immune disease is horrible but no one seems to be able to help him. The new cardiologist was going to put him on a trial but since we had to cancel we won't know anything until next month.

Lin, I had to cancel his appointment because he was too dizzy to go down the stairs. I knew living on a second floor would be difficult for him but hopefully his dizziness gets better and next summer we will find a new place either to rent or buy.

Anne, I have told my children that this year I will not be giving them cash for Christmas and next year not for birthdays either. I have nine grandchildren, 1 have a great granddaughter on the way and my son's finance has three young granddaughters which will be my step great grands and I will continue to give them present and/or cash.
    They all agreed that they have enough money and don't need mine and giving to the grandchildren is perfect. It will be hard for me to do because I love giving but every year they say stop so this year I am listening. (I hope)

Paying bills, family zoom call and Church are on the agenda today. Have a good day.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Thank goodness! Our grandson fixed the iPads. I am so dependent on the iPad. When something goes haywire with it, I am totally distraught. I have an iPhone but it is still a mystery to me. I need to lean more about their features.

It remains very chilly. I think rain is coming next week.

My current job is to complete our mail change. We are changing to home delivery. We have dropped our P.O. Box after using it 30 years. It is like saying goodbye to an old friend. Then comes notifying all the companies and banks etc. John is totally crazed about this. One of the things about dementia, is the way little things become enormous and almost beyond dealing with. There are times when he is relaxed and back to his normal self. Then there are times when ……….

Another challenge to devise ways to create an atmosphere that will accommodate happy times for us and the family. Getting older doesn’t mean we stop needing fun and laughter. I think I can do that. Being silly, telling jokes, playing games, listening to music, singing , flowers everywhere! That is my current plan.

Anne: love the shower cap. Never wore one….but I can see they would be useful. I dive into the shower and suds up daily. Thus my hair is a constant wreck.

Jackie: our chicken pen and hen house was not pretty but it served the purpose. A large fenced in area with a hen house and nest boxes for the ladies. They presented us with wonderful eggs most of the year. A few months of rest then in early spring boom! Lots of eggs. Oddly my grand had a radio in the henhouse. We listened to music when we gathered eggs and cleaned out the henhouse. Not my favorite but it was my weekly job. Like Anne’s father, we had to shew them into the hen house at night and let them out at daybreak. Thank goodness that was not my job. I am not a morning person. But I did have my favorite little feathered friends. A black and white hen who flew up on my shoulder whenever she saw me. Naturally her name was Penny.

Lin: hope your friends are recovering. These viruses are mean and hang around for a long time. And yes! You are right my iPad is getting old. How can that be ? It seems I just bought it!

Sandy: my advice to to start looking for that condo now. These places are hard to come by. Prices are coming down and it takes a long time to close and move. And it is a very pleasant thing to do on a Sunday afternoon…go through the realestate listings to see what’s available.

Hello Barbie and Diane.
    Patsy☘️
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,902 Member
    <3
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,069 Member
    Good evening. Both of my friends emerged today. One just started to post but I have no idea what was going on. Still no cat pictures today. 🤷🏼‍♀️

My friend with Covid apparently got up for a while today and I got a couple of messages.

Sandy, I am sorry Babe wasn’t able to keep his appointment. It would be lovely to get back to ground level once again so I hope you will be able to find a property that will be suitable. My dad never got anything but drugs for his a fib. A friend had multiple ablations and somehow all straightened out and she is walking everyday now, miles and miles and miles.

Patsy, I know, those devices get old at a faster rate these days! My newest device was purchased in 2019 for gosh sakes. I am glad your grandson got everything straightened out for you! Wonderful.

Jackie, I have lost you on a prior page. Did you get a complaint registered regarding the missing plastic? Or did it show up? I received an order today and there are two items in it that I did not order. 👀. I hope to get the other items I ordered soon.

Anne, interesting story about your outdoor facilities. I have only lived in houses with indoor plumbing. I used outdoor facilities when attending Girl Scout camp and Church camp and when tent camping. That is not much for a lifetime.

Barbie, hi!

Diane, hope all is well in your world.

Take care everyone.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

I have no idea what type of biscuit or cracker that is, hope it didn’t make anyone hungry.

7g0ic795aglm.jpeg

• JillyBurg7
    Looks like a McVitie digestive biscuit to me LIN. I have one each afternoon with my mid afternoon tea.
    My pet chicken was Monica Mary PATSY. As a chick dad thought her a cockerel and named her Montie after British General Montgomery but she proved him wrong and became Monica Mary.
    Just got up to snow and oatmeal. Bleary eyed so more later.
    Anne, Zzzzzzzzz
  • Sandydur
    Happy Sunday! :) Very cold but sunny day. A good day to stay in and just chill. Tomorrow is Lisa's 40th birthday and I am going to help Rob since the little ones are off from school. I am bringing some birthday decorations and will have the kiddos draw some pictures for mommy's birthday. Rob will get some balloons and a cake and we will decide what to eat once I am there. I bought her a funny sweatshirt and also will give her some cash. As mentioned this is the last year for presents for my adult children and their spouses.
    3ilxmx7wvvm1.jpg

My baby will be 50 on the 29th and Rob will be 51 on the 30th. My daughter will be 58 December 30 and that will be the end of the gifts. Am I being mean or practical? Maybe I will continue with birthdays but not Christmas, that might make more sense. Sorry jabbering to myself. lol

I am watching the 4th season of The Crown and although Jackie and Anne have told us there are many non truths I still enjoy the show. They have a new actress portraying the Queen and the actress portraying Princess Diana looks very much like her. I always loved Diana and felt she got a raw deal from Prince Charles. Please don't tell me she was not well liked because it would break my heart.

On that note I will say have a good day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • JillyBurg7
    Mike took one look at the weather and decided to stay home. I cooked breakfast sausages, fried onions, homemade gravy, mashed potato and veggies. Very tasty although I say it myself!

Had a conversation with Bean. A bit one sided, but we've decided we are staying home as well.

I believe Mark and Mary Jo are staying home.

So, a lovely quiet Sunday with no hammering etc. I might watch a movie and cook muffins.

Yes, off to cook muffins,
    Bye, Anne.
  • jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,680 Member
    It was a beautiful start to the day but once again, stormy clouds appeared over the horizon as we arrived to walk the moors. Almost made it round but got hit by heavy rain and hail that at one spot had me tucking Betty under a gorse bush for protection. Hail bounces off George’s coat but I could tell Betty was getting stung! It did brighten up later so I spent an hour in the greenhouse potting up two dozen strawberry plants. Since then I’ve set the fires and sipped cups of tea!

When I first adopted hens, rescues from a battery farm, I was still working which often meant late shifts and in the winter months I slid down my garden to shut and secure the hen house door, then in the morning repeated the slide to open up. This was before the house and hens were placed in a fenced chicken run so Mr Fox was never far away. You can imagine my delight when I discovered battery operated door openers although it took me some weeks to trust it. The first one I bought wasn’t always reliable but these days plastic housing protects the inside and it means the chooks feel safe and warm once the door shuts. I would love to adopt a playmate for little Storm because she tends to be ignored by the bigger girls but think it too risky as bantams are known to fight.

Sandy, thank you for running through the ICloud procedure. I do follow that but think PayPal security text messages get in the way when I choose to pay. I’m going to try going into my PayPal account to cancel the text confirmation just while I try one more time. I will not comment about Diana other than quote “Hell hath no fury etc….” and hopefully the series will show how we now know the BBC reporter who interviewed her for that infamous tv chat used forgery and deception to get her to open up. It’s a shame she didn’t live to know the truth. That sweatshirt for Lisa did make me giggle.

Patsy, I’m guessing you have all sorts of fun ideas up your sleeve to maintain John’s sense of calm. Music, games and laughter are certainly the best way. Nothing like nostalgia to remind us of the good old days that are still with us going forward.

I watched the Netflix movie The Wonder last night that was certainly different. Based in Ireland in the mid 19th century so all a bit dark and moody but I did enjoy it.

A cosy Sunday for you Anne with bangers and mash… perfect. Yes, that’s certainly a McVities digestive but I’m naughty and buy the dark chocolate range.

Lin, I have messaged the seller of the plastic sheets to let them know I’m still waiting for delivery. I kept it polite but did mention it has caused a delay in the job they are needed for. The company does have a good rating on eBay so if they did despatch last Monday as stated, the courier is to blame. That Tea Makes Everything Better cup appeals to me so I did a Google search and found it for sale on Amazon but I now have to be sensible because I have a kitchen cupboard full of cups and mugs!

Oven on and ready for baked fish and sweet potato.

Stay warm everyone.
    Jackie 🥰
  • Sandydur
    I must say if nothing else I am learning a lot about English History. If the series is correct I now know about Edward the VIII and Mohamed Al-Fayed and how Diana met Dodi. I am only on episode 4 so at least it is holding my interest probably the same way JFK did with all his indiscretion's.
  • linder4866
    edited November 2022
    Good evening. We had a bit nicer weather today, sunshine and some snow melted. Yes! I watched online church, did some reading and worked on cards of course. Texted with several people and zip, the day is over. A friend was supposed to call me this afternoon but she did not. That happens a lot. She is always on overload.

Sandy, it sounds as if you are enjoying that series. Does it wrap up this season? And I love that sweatshirt. Excellent find!

Jackie and Anne, thanks for identifying the treat!

Jackie, so good of you to stay civil with the seller. I hope everything gets settled soon. I think about your hens and hope they are safe and no Mr. Fox is lurking anywhere near your property.

Patsy, I hope more progress is being made on improving your lives. Also, hope the changes with the Post Office go smoothly. I have been looking at iPads online since it is Black a Friday sale time. I saw several things I liked on the Target site but nothing on Walmart—almost everything they advertised was from resellers, not their merchandise, and the items were refurbished or rebuilt. No thank you.

Anne, I hope you enjoyed making muffins!

Well, there is a Charlie Brown retrospective of some sort on soon and I want to see if it is interesting.

Take care everyone.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

4jhm41wfwslb.jpeg

• JillyBurg7
    Good morning everyone. I've just eaten my oatmeal with a small handful of sultanas and a small handful of walnuts. Sometimes I chop up a banana to add instead of the S and Ws.

Anyway it got me thinking about diet these days. I'm not talking about our little group but the general population. When Maria was still around I noticed her blue box was full of empty boxes for pizzas and other bought ready made meals. Delicious I know because I've occasionally bought them. But could it be that the Western world is eating too much of ready made food? We seem to be having such an increase in health problems. I found out recently that I am allergic to yeast. I'm okay with pastry if no yeast is added. Anyway I stopped eating bread about 6 weeks ago and haven't had an allergic reaction since. Bloating and severe cramps that really hurt.

I really enjoyed the English bangers and mash etc yesterday with lovely mashed potatoes with added butter and milk. AND I get to eat leftovers today. Michael said he enjoyed his homemade fish and chips. I've tried bought shepherds pie but honestly it didn't taste half as good as my homemade. So I for one will be eating homemade stews, meat pies, fish cakes, well you name it from now on. I just wondered if it had crossed anyone else mind that todays woes could be related to the modern trend? And what manufacturers put in their food to make it delicious.

JACKIE, I'm going to watch the Netflix movie you recommended. I started it last night and it does look rather dark and moody. Bean tends to sleep in the afternoon so it's a good time to view. I've noticed we seem to eat similarly but I can't find chocolate coated digestives over here, just the plain. Made in the UK as are Jacobs cream crackers, but I gather there is some trouble "at mill" as workers clamour for a better living wage. Two Jacobs are my morning snack!

You will gather yesterday was pretty quiet which got the grey cells working about food and additives.
    Sorry.
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Happy Monday! ❤️ Got to the kiddos house early to sit so Rob can get some work done. Need his help putting up my decorations but have time. Just checking in and saying good morning.

Sandy
    One Day at A Time
  • linder4866
    edited November 2022
    Hello, busy morning. Addressed a few more cards and made a trip to the post office. It is so nice the weather is warmer and sunny! A friend called and we had a long conversation about how her husband’s cancer treatment is going, her very close friend who she cancer treatment has not been successful, a disagreement with a fellow fitness class attendee last week, and then she got started on how I need to live my life rather than letting it pass me by. Today I couldn’t take it and told her she can do what is right for her and I will do what is right for me. I wasn’t complaining, whining or being sad about what I don’t have in my life. Hey, it worked, she got off my back! 😊

I was just asked to take on a card project in partnership with another lady. It is for our church. I just sent back an email to ask for some more information. I would be glad to do something but I would rather split the project, half hers, half mine unless the numbers are crazy we will see. 👀

I haven’t had breakfast yet so I guess I will make some brunch. Hee-hee!

Anne, I think it goes beyond food, the water is not the same, all of our soaps and toiletries are full of chemicals, etc. I remember my mother-in-law complaining about pots and pans that would cause cancer (due to non-stick surfacing). Yep.

Sandy, off you go. The kids will have fun with you there.

Oh, and my friend who didn’t call yesterday afternoon, called last evening and got me up to date on all the details. She was often on the verge of tears. It is a rough time for the entire family.

I think it is time for a cup of tea and a rummage through the refrigerator. I was going to make carrot and raisin salad. Might still do that.

Be safe everyone.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

A pachyderm or elephant
    gd0fgg0h9tll.jpeg

• JillyBurg7
    Boy JACKIE, that WAS one dark movie, but as you say I liked it as well. Sort of glad I'm not Irish and living in Victorian times though.

Jilly the Beano is indeed fast asleep. I can't wait for LINs weather to drift over because its been jolly cold here. Oh and good for you Lin. Why do other people think they know us better than we know ourselves.

Digestive biccy and cup of tea time,

Cheerio, Anne.
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Good afternoon. It is partly cloudy and chilly but that’s okay. Sweater weather.

We continue to rearrange and re-rearrange our new situation. It is a work in progress. The mail (as you may have suspected) is not going smoothly. But it will eventually get sorted out. A change of address from P.O. Box to rural delivery is almost too much for our local post office to comprehend. Then there is the on-going effort to get John to a different doctor and a specialist. That will be a huge thing to accomplish. I would like it to happen.before it is a matter of extreme necessity. Whew! I hate sounding so controlling. We have the trash cart situation and Walmart orders under control. Still hunting housecleaning help. The tree trimmers are coming on the 30 th. I am going to need Damon’s help on arranging lawn care and maintenance. Damon has set up these things called dots that call him if there is a problem. He is trying to manage these aging parents and a very demanding job. As well as a odd romance in another continent.

Sandy: the things that Damon set up are great maybe Babe could have one for emergency communication if he is alone. They are not expensive.

Anne: my gran used to talk about the horrible things that happened in Ireland and how there was this migration to America. Things were better but not much! As a young Irish lass she married a rough German guy they moved to Texas and started a ranch. Hard work but my gran was a peach! Lovely long red hair just like Maureen O’Hara. She could sing and play piano and milk the cows.

Lin: I have a friend who is like your friend. She knows how my life should go. She is so busy solving my problems she hasn’t worked on her own issues. I have to believe
    they mean well. It must be a coping measure when they feel overwhelmed. I think you handled things beautifully.

Jackie: at this point you must be very glad you have your log burner. I still remember the wonderful aroma of beans slowly simmering on my grans wood stove. She also stirred up skillet cornbread to go with it. Right now our wood stove is more correctly a trash burner.

Even though my knee might complain, I am off to try to vacuum part of the house. Little at a time but progress is key!
    Patsy☘️

• jacAth3
    Rain, rain and more rain here in Britain. Hail beating against my window woke me about 6am and my day didn’t get much better. A short doggy walk round half the block because both George and Betty were unhappy wearing their rain coats and quickly decided to guide me back home. I did sympathise in my head to toe waterproofs that didn’t make walking particularly pleasant or easy splashing through running streams but I didn’t want to drive off to my dentist appointment without first giving them some exercise. Lots of problems on the roads with flooded sections slowing everything and then, about halfway to Plymouth, I found myself caught up in a long traffic jam and no sign of cars coming in the opposite direction so I tuned in to a local radio station and heard the road ahead was closed due to flooding so after phoning the dentist to explain why I wouldn’t be able to get to him,I managed a u-turn in the traffic and drove home. It did stop raining for about 15 minutes late afternoon so I chose the break to clean out the hen house so they are dry and cosy.

Anne, I did wonder if the film was based on a true story because what with the potato famine, times were extremely dark in Ireland. Two previous movies I watched last week were modern but still dark in their own way so I had been looking for something uplifting… I got that one wrong! Dark chocolate digestives are my favourite teatime treat and the chocolate only coats one side so I feel I’m allowed.
    I’ve never really enjoyed processed food and maybe eat pizza twice a year. Everything else I cook from scratch because I like to know what I’m eating. Labelling of packaged food has improved over the years with a clear traffic light system on the front showing measurements of ingredients that can’t be missed and levels of salt, sugar and fats reduced through government legislation. I think losing Home Economics classes in schools was a big mistake because so many younger adults don’t know how to cook and Type 2 diabetes is on the increase amongst them.
    My gas cylinder for the cooker hob ran out as I cooked my supper this evening and the pouring rain put me off going out to change over to the full one but I managed a baked potato, baked beans, tomato and slice of Italian ham as an emergency meal. I do have an emergency kettle in a cupboard for just such nights so didn’t miss out on cups of tea%!

I’ve moved myself up to my bed in order to avoid a late night chase between George and a mouse that Brady must have brought in earlier. It ran into the snug and under the tv stand so I knew it would be impossible for me to catch it so instead said bedtime to my sleeping pooches and they immediately got up and went to the door for their late night garden visit. A very quick visit because the rain is as heavy as ever.

Patsy, you certainly don’t come across as controlling but I do understand that what you are now having to deal with in order to achieve calm and with it, comfort, is beyond difficult and hence stressful. You gave your kids life when you and John brought them into the world so they will definitely be relieved to be able to assist if you let them, and it seems you are, good girl!

Quite right Lin, no one knows better than ourselves why we do what we do or how we choose to live. I’ve a friend whose life mission seems to be to tell everyone what they are doing wrong but if it’s aimed at me I say with a smile, it’s my business to do whatever I like!

Little room for me but I’ll try to get some sleep!

nme9vy3r8iqq.jpg

Jackie 🥰
  • OhDD65
    OhDD65 Posts: 177 Member
    As our chilly evenings are setting in I am again learning how to dress. LOL Toasty feet no problem with some great slippers, but had to pull out my bulky zippered sweatshirt to put on over my top and comfy jeans. Legs cold now, so grab what is near by (my husbands robe) and I am finally warming up. 73 inside with 45 outside at 9 pm. Definitely at this age I am not fond of winter months though I do love our orange, red and gold trees right now. Nothing knew....I have been this way during winter for years.

Our few packages seem to be behind on their arrival times. Instead of during the am we get them between 7 and 9 pm. Like others we want to grab them before its getting too dark since others on occasion come up missing in the neighborhood. With distances in involved and the ages of the grandkids now we are considering sending $$ off to the families so the adults can buy what they want and the kids can have money to find something they want. That is pretty much what everyone wants now. It is the birthday presents for our sil and our granddaughter both a few days before Christmas that has me wondering what to do. Already had 2 Nov birthdays and 2 Jan birthdays to come. It just seems more difficult getting things this year.

Thinking back onto my family Christmas traditions as a child our tree usually came as a cut tree from the Boy Scouts of America lot where my Dad and brother volunteered yearly. 5 feet tall every yr placed on a box, which we decorated with the German glass ornaments, multi colored Christmas lights and depending on the year the colored paper rings which we assembled with white paste in school or popcorn which we strung to decorate the tree or later silver icesicles. We usually decorated the tree about the 15th of the month and it was down by New Years. Being the eldest of 4 kids another thing I recall was making some Christmas tree cookies using a Spritz cookie maker (German I believe). We had a black lady that would come to the house about one a week to help my mom with chores since she worked. One of her tasks one year was to help my sister and I make cookies using this. Once we got the hang of it it went well.....LOL 13 dozen cookies worth. We were just having too much fun. Needless to say that was the last time that was done.

Patsy....glad to hear that you are getting some help from your family organizing your home to make things easier for you all. Plus getting some of those outside jobs done by others too. Hopefully you are able to keep warm enough during some of your chillier days. Stay dry, warm and safe in your little bungalow.

Hello to Lin, Anne, Jackie, Barbie and Sandy. Thinking of everyone. Need to run,

Diane

• Sandydur
    edited November 2022
    Happy Tuesday! :D Heat wave going into the 50's. Sounds like a good day to cover my table and chairs on my balcony to get ready for the snow. I also want to go for a blood test to recheck my thyroid. The doctor gave me an order to go at my convenience by November 15, so I better get it done.
    Lisa was surprised with her decorations, dinner and gifts. Always love making people happy.
    I go for my colonoscopy next Monday and am already dreading the prep involved. At least the pills are better than the liquid although there is tons of water to be consumed. Will be glad when it is done.

Diane, good to hear from you and sorry about your "cold" weather. Come to Chicago in January when the temps are below zero. Just kidding, I know when you live in a warm climate 45 degrees is very cold.
    As mentioned I send monetary gifts to my family except for the little ones. Lisa tells me what to buy and I order from Amazon. Robby this year wants a gift card for Roblex so his will be simple. Charlie and Max are done although hoping to catch a better price on Max's StarWar's figures. Scored with Charlie's as found it $40 cheaper with Walmart's Black Friday early days.

Jackie, what an adorable picture of your sleeping fur babies. Did you manage to find room for you?
    I don't blame you for canceling the dentist, with your narrow roads I would be afraid to get caught in so much traffic. Your little cottage seems to be more like a little farm with so many chores from cleaning hen houses to changing tanks. You keep yourself busy and moving which is always a good thing.

Patsy, not sure what Dots are unless you mean Amazon Alexa Dot. I do have Alexa but as far as I know you cannot call 911 with it only the people on your contact list. So if Babe were to fall he could tell Alexa to call Sandy and then I could call 911. I did the same for my SIL in Arizona so she feels safe and has someone to call if she falls.

Anne, I never pay attention to people who tell me how to live my life after all it is my life.

Lin, I am sure you handled that lady with grace, I don't think you have mean bone in your body.
    I hope the card project is something you can handle and enjoy.

Time to get moving and grooving. Have a great day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• jacAth3
    Another rainy day that just went on and on. A pedicure was booked for 11am so I didn’t walk with the pooches first thing because I didn’t want us to get soaked. Ellen arrived and we had a cheerful catch up while she pampered my feet and before she left I gave her a jar each of crab apple jelly, quince and apple jelly and the Dutch apricots in brandy as a thank you gift for Christmas. My next appointment isn’t until early January. Time then to walk and although it didn’t rain constantly it seemed to every time I slipped my hood off!
    It was definitely a stay at home day so I decided to make a batch of carrot and sweet potato soup and used the slow cooker because the gas cylinders were still waiting to be changed over. Well, that turned out to be a fun job in the rain because whoever delivered and installed the now empty cylinder had tightened the connector so tight I couldn’t undo it. Luckily I have my dad’s heavy hammer and 1940’s British steel spanner that I removed from his shed so attacked the bolt with a surge of adrenaline and managed to loosen it then attach the full one. So, my gas hob is up and running again and the electric energy guzzling kettle is back in its cupboard.

Sandy, I woke up this morning with an aching back and hip so must have slept awkwardly but do remember George jumping on my moving feet and growling at some point in the night before he jumped off the bed and moved into the spare room! Brady obviously found the poor little mouse too but I won’t go into details!

Bedtime for me but I will insist on my own space tonight and hopefully ease the aches. Nothing planned tomorrow which is just as well as the torrential rain will continue but at least the reservoirs should be filling up nicely.

Jackie 🥰