NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Thanks @trooworld - yep I’ll track at least something today - I promise 👍. I’m also going to drink enough water today. I’ve started reading Red Mars which is the first of a trilogy that DH didn’t really get into. I’ve liked it mostly so far, although I’m in a bit of a tedious descriptive stage right now so I’ve not been reading as much as I could. Hope work went smoothly and that you did a few laps of those buildings.

@cbabie trampolining is awesome exercise!! It is also excellent for mood regulation and pick-me-up. We had to leave our 15ft behind when we moved last year and we all miss it. I have done it as a sport a couple of decades ago. I still love to have a bounce at the trampoline park when I take the kids, but I’m more careful of my body now and since the kidlets arrived I have to …..er……wear protective underwear 😂🫤🙄.

@theslightedgeforever That sounds a great plan to exercise. How did it go? Oh I hadn’t thought about getting a mini trampoline - wonder if I could use that in the house? (Our new neighbours are crap so I avoid being outside which I hate and resent tremendously 😡😢). I’m going to have a look at the workouts and see if it would work for me - thanks for the tip ! Great decision to do the carrots 👍 ✅
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,868 Member
    @cbabie Oh the trampoline sounds like good exercise!

@theslightedgeforever Thanks. I haven't read that one, but I love Kristin Hannah. Great job with the carrots. I look forward to your insights about journaling. Wow, great loss!

@Tamevv Yay! Is Red Mars sci-fi? It sounds like it should be. :) Work was busy but it went smoothly. I didn't get to do the laps because of some work situations/business but I'll try again today.

Hi all. Work was really busy yesterday, there was someone out sick for which I had to cover their reference desk shift. I didn't snack at all. I had yogurt and berries for breakfast but usually that doesn't keep me full. Lately, I've been putting ground flax seed, chia seeds, honey and peanut butter in it and that keeps me full until almost noon. I ate 7 servings of fruits and vegetables yesterday. That's the most I've had in a long while.

Water yesterday: 80 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,211 Member
    @tamevv I did do the exercise like I said. I did Pahla B video for the first time and I was surprised with the 20 second intervals it got my heart rate up but it did. I had my mini trampoline in my bedroom for a while.

@trooworld Sounds like you had a really good day with your food.

Today seems like a do nothing day so far. Well I guess that's not true. I cleaned my bedroom so I need to give myself credit for that.
  • Tamevv
    edited November 2022
    Howdy. Tracked yesterday till mid agftetnoon then gave up Hasn’t been a great start good wise today but I’ve tracked it and my head is happy so that’s a plus 😊.
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever I did. Thanks! Yes, give yourself credit for cleaning, that's exercise too!

@Tamevv I'm glad yesterday was better for you.

Hi all. I had a pretty good day yesterday. I tracked and drank a decent amount of water. I tracked. The only thing was that I went over because I had some peanut brittle. My husband took a bag of it out of his backpack, it was a total surprise, I wasn't planning on it. And I wanted to try it. So, over I went. Today, I will be over, too, but it is because my dinner salad is really high in "bites". It's healthy foods I am eating today so I don't feel bad.

Water yesterday: 60 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi, well, we got our first snowfall of the season yesterday. About 3". Looks pretty, but I am not ready for it!!

@theslightedgeforever Cleaning definitely counts as exercise! I have gotten back with things pretty well. Doing my walking & exercise in morning the last 3 days, getting more water, & yesterday I figured out what I want to try for calories.

@trooworld Good job with your water! Ooh, peanut brittle! So glad dh quit making it (decided it was too hard on his teeth, lol). It was just too hard to resist! Good job with tracking also!

@tamevv Good job with tracking, keep it up. I think that helps so much, but I have to do it before I eat. If I do it after, I am usually over my goal. We try to see our dd & gkids in OK often, even though it is a 7 hour drive to get there. Not sure if we could fly, we would definitely rack up frequent flyer miles then. Our other dd & family live about 10 minute drive from us, but we had to leave where we had lived for over 40 years & move closer to them. (It was almost a 2 hour drive before we did, lol) The other upside is that it did put us closer to OK also. The gkids are so busy now that we don't see them as much as I would like. Sometimes I joke that we saw them more before we moved, but it was usually us doing the driving then.

Re: figuring out what I want to try about calories: I have been eating my exercise calories (like MFP expects you to), but have been going way over. So I tried figuring out what my maintenance calories will be at goal weight & am going by that & ignoring exercise calories. & also figured out weekly ones, so if I go over some days, I know how much to cut back the next. (within reason that is, I have a minimum that I will not go under. I definitely believe you have to fuel your body)

Well, not much more for now. Have a good week.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Morning all, I am not going to try to do personals today. I have had a rough couple of days. I pulled a muscle in my back playing on the trampoline..UGH...then with me trying to fix my back with heat and then later meds...I took 2 prescriptions by accident that were not compatible ( I skimmed read the label). stupid is as stupid does..... I thought one was like Advil, NOT... ended up in the ER. You know my life is NEVER boring. LOL

I just plan on doing nothing but recouping, reading and playing "quietly" with Baby girl.

I will go through and read later on all the post. Sorry that I haven't been here every day. MY grandson went back to Alaska today, so things "should be" settling...LOL. I am sure smh that God knew I hated to be bored and thus...here is my life.

Cbabie
  • Tamevv
    @cbabie Oh wow that is eventful! A restful day definitely sounds in order. Hope it is a great one for you 😊
  • Tamevv
    Just can’t seem to keep things under control this week 😡😢🫤😒🙄🤦‍♀️

I have at least made an effort at tracking the past few days and water has been good. Exercise is going strong but food choices are letting me down. *sigh*. Tomorrow is another day.
  • trooworld
    @RetiredAndLovingIt Wow, I miss seeing the snow but not being out in it. Oh that's good your DH stopped making peanut brittle, it would be even more hard to resist if it were homemade! Sounds like you gave a lot of thought to the calories situation. Yes, you have to fuel your body!

@cbabie Oh my gosh, wow, I'm glad you are okay now. That must have been scary. LOL your life is definitely busy I think he listened!

@Tamevv I'm kind of having a rough week, too. :( You are giving it a fight, which is good.

Hi all. I didn't do too good yesterday for a multitude of reasons, some of it being emotional eating. As the wise @Tamevv said, today is a new day. I hope to do better. I am off tomorrow, my husband and I took the day off and we are going to the zoo.

Water yesterday: 30 oz

• cbabie
    Morning all, I did track yesterday and stayed within my calories. I am still kind of fighting nausea, but otherwise sore back and trying to make life work.

@trooworld I had to laugh when you said you were going to the zoo, I said TO MYSELF, now I know why I don't like to go to the zoo...I live in one. (in reality I just don't like animals). I know who doesn't like to go to the zoo... I hope you have a good time!!!!

@tamevv Yes tomorrow is another day and so is the next day..LOL. The good thing is that you keep trying...that is baby steps to being successful!!

Sorry gotta run...baby crying

Cbabie
  • Tamevv

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!

I did a hard workout this morning, sun is shining, day activities with my youngest - NO MORE CRAP!!!

💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪

• trooworld
    edited November 2022
    @cbabie Yay for tracking and staying within your calories! LOL...you are funny! Well, I guess if you don't like animals, you wouldn't like the zoo lol.

@Tamevv YES!!!! 100%!!!

Hi all. I lost 0.4 lbs this week. I guess that's better than gaining. Last night, we took our pug to a pug meetup. It was at a place that is a bar/restaurant that was specifically created to allow your pup to come with you. It's called "The Dog Society". It was so much fun! The dogs are allowed off-leash in certain areas, there are obstacle courses for the dogs, corn hole and other games for the humans, puppachinos for the pups (along with other foods like plain hamburger patties) and human food for the humans. We just had a beer. Today is the zoo.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

• cbabie
    Morning all, still fighting the back issues and then add nausea to it...so much fun I am having. I did track yesterday and was a little over my calorie goal. The good news is that I stopped there, I could have EASILY went to the kitchen and ate more comfort food...LOL

@trooworld Yea on the loss and so glad you got to enjoy your pup with other pups. Sounds like it was a relaxing time.

@Tamevv You are on point!!

Cbabie

• Tamevv
    Yesterday was a success - finally a breakthrough. Scale showed a gain this week but the way things had been going it had to come eventually. I still feel like I’m on dangerous ground food-wise so hoping to stay focused this week. I have increased the height of my step for workouts and I’m on 97 days of closing all my watch rings. I’ve done a bit more strength work this week and generally feeling good physically. But I’m actually really hungry right now so am off for breakfast. Have a great weekend everyone 👋
  • trooworld
    @cbabie I'm sorry you are still dealing with your back and nausea, that's no fun. Great job, stopping eating at your limit! It was a relaxing time.

@Tamevv I'm on dangerous ground, too. And Thanksgiving is this week here. :( Great job with the exercise and closing all of your rings!

Hi all. We had fun at the zoo. Afterward, we came home and ordered a pizza. It was an hour late and I was starving by the time it got here but I had 2 slices only, which is good for me. After that, I did some Christmas crafting with my Cricut...ooh the alliteration there! lol I have to go get Thanksgiving groceries today which I am not looking forward to. I feel nauseous, cbabie. I drank too much wine last night, though, that's my problem! :D

Water yesterday: 30 oz

1iyw58slgd30.jpg
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,211 Member
    This will be really quick since I need to go play cards with my dd. This will be the first time since I got back home. I had a friendsgiving dinner last night with some friends. Very healthy meal actually. We opted for roast beef since everyone will be having turkey for Thanksgiving. Then some wonderful roasted vegetables and salad and biscuits. Dessert was pecan pie with homemade ice cream. I usually don't like that kind of pie cause it's too sweet but the ice cream helped with that. I was over for the day by 165 cals. :/ Oh well, moving on. oh just remembered the butter on the biscuits. Good thing I didn't put the jam on like I wanted to.

So back to business.
  • senoritafloridita
    senoritafloridita Posts: 79 Member
    Hi, I used to do WW and was on the boards there before they got taken down. Would love to follow along here. Been on Nutrisystem for 29 days now, it’s the only thing in years that’s working! Hope everybody’s having a good Saturday.
  • Tamevv
    Okay, so it’s 6:30pm and I have to burn another 200cals to close my rings. One or two days away from the 100 day streak. Pretty determined, but also have had a couple of glasses of wine which is very unusual - I’m pretty much a non-drinker but just felt like it today. Anyway so am about to have family TV time them bedtime routines. Can see myself on the bloomin elliptical at 8:30 tonight trying to get it done. Stay tuned……
  • Tamevv
    @senoritafloridita. Hi!! 👋👋