Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2022

Replies

• shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    I still have a lot of reading to do to catch up entirely but thank you all for cheering me on.

@megnolia82 - Thank you so much dear!! 🤗 I feel so guilty when I can’t keep up too and I’ve also slacked off on my goals. We will climb back up out of this rut soon enough!!!

@happysquidmuffin - you did great!!!

@TeresaW1020 - hugs and prayers and I will miss you! You helped me set off in a different direction!!! Enjoy your time with your family however chaotic it may become and find peace. Happy Holidays!

@vegan4lyfe2012 - I’ll have to message you sometimes to vent. I never thanked you properly for the Halloween card and decided I will start by sending you back post cards when I do get to travel in the future!!! One day I hope to travel near you!

Sunday we had more errands to run so I did some last minute packing trying my best to fit everything I would need into my day pack, it was raining when I flew out Monday, and rained all night in Louisiana! I ordered pizza to be delivered to my Air BnB and snuggled up and watched Netflix enjoying the peace and quiet. Tuesday morning the precipitation moved out and I first hiked nearly 7 miles in City Park then hopped on a bus to explore the French Quarter. The temps slowly dropped throughout the day as the wind became more fierce but I got to see a ton. I Ubered out to Jean Lafitte National park to hike some more before dark then went back to see some things at night. I rode a street car and ended up with over 17 total miles of walking. Definitely a place I would want to go back to with friends! As soon as I got back Wednesday we went to work moving everything so my mom could get her new floors installed. They look great! She is still sick but she helped me get two room if my house packed up and ready to be moved. I got my tooth pulled yesterday! We’ve eaten out with my uncles 3 times this week and our family dinner is tomorrow so I’ll undoubtedly show a gain this week. I haven’t been back to the gym, hiked with my people, continued on with my Beachbody workouts or my thanksgiving goals but I did catch back up on all of the stretching exercises I missed this last week. I’m ready to be completely moved and move on to holiday fun with my family!!!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    @TeresaW1020 - I will miss you lots and lots. I will continue to pray for you and Joe and am sending you a big, giant hug.

Lisa
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,099 Member
    The November Week 4 Group Challenge is posted and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, November 20th. Please join us for a Sweet and Savory Recipe Exchange kicking off the holiday season. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10878123/november-week-4-group-challenge-sweet-and-savory-recipe-exchange/p1?new=1

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :smile:
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 478 Member
    It has definitely been another crazy week. My mom has been struggling with her blood pressure being high. I took her in to the ER and after a thirteen hour wait, they did some test and found out one side of her heart is slightly thicker and is due to years of high blood pressure. So things are now on the right track. Unfortunately after that prolonged time in the ER my cough came back with a vengeance and I am sicker again. Not tracking my food but I don’t have access to chips and ice cream bars🙃
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh in week: 3
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 213
    Today's Weight: 213
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Weigh-In

Name - bethanie0825
    Day - Friday
    PW - 239
    CW - 239

Ever stalled and even tho you stay under calories and have starting moving intentionally? Just frustrated.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,550 Member
    @DrewsAnna Your dog is adorable, must be something exciting outside! I clicked on it twice then scrolled down to see if I understood correctly but am happy to see your beautiful pup! Congratulations on the new range!

@trooworld I'm sure your cards are beautiful (they are, looking at them now)! I love the Santa one. I'm so glad you had a great time at the zoo with your husband. Good luck with the tests! Aw, beautiful lion.

@shaunarlr83 You sound super busy but it's all good stuff! I'm glad you're almost moved out, I think the holiday fun with family is just what you need right now, I'm so glad you have them.

@laurelfit57 Oh no I'm sorry to hear your cough is worse though I'm glad your Mom is getting help. Get well soon!

@bethanie0825 My longest stall was about 5 weeks, instead of losing half a lb a week I dropped 5lbs at the end of it which was my biggest drop ever but for those 5 weeks I kept cutting back more and more and was insanely frustrated! I hope your plateau ends soon.

Hi everyone! Weekend is flying by, I'm still spending most of it reading when I can though I did work out and do some cleaning and gardening too. A friend does weekend challenges and I tried out the start of a 5 day hip challenge that I roped Bill into doing with me later this week (he joined MFP too), hopefully it will go well. When I do child's pose my hips always pop back into place so figured I can use some flexibility there, it doesn't hurt but I'm concerned about future issues. On track with Thanksgiving goals and doing good with food, I'm cutting back so I can eat what I want on Thanksgiving. Have a great Sunday everyone!
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Hey y'all! Lol, I'm sorry about the picture mix up. I thought I had also copied the link to the range but, apparently I didn't. Lol, my best buddy is always looking out the window. He also watches t.v. and when he sees an animal on t.v. he goes running to the window looking for that animal. He just cracks me up. I've never had a dog like him, he has the personality of about 3 sugared up toddlers. I just love my best buddy. His name is Chipper but, he thinks its best buddy.

Today was kind of a weird day. It started out that I was supposed to go shopping with my daughter but, her daughter is really sick so, we rescheduled till tomorrow. So, I decided I needed to do some house work to get ready for Thanksgiving. Instead some friends came over. Leslie Sansone was mentioned so, we wound up doing a short 15 min workout and a short 6 min full body strength. Lol, I showed her the app, my "Walk at Home" collection (which is actually pretty small) and the two of us just had so much fun. Tuesday morning, my friend and I are gonna do a workout together. I'm excited to have someone to work out with once or twice a week. So, motivating!!!

My food choices were not good but I'll get back on track tomorrow.

Thanksgiving Challenge:
    1) 10,000 steps everyday ✔️
    2) Track my food everyday ✔️ (except Thanksgiving day)

Day19, I'm thankful for all the wonderful friends I have in my life.

I think this is the link to the picture of my new range. If not I'll just post it from my phone.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/viPhxBFESqZAKNn49

• Cornanda
    @laurelfit57 - oh no! Hope you feel better soon. After 13 hours in the ER you deserve a ((BIG HUG))
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,880 Member
    @gemwolf110 Congrats on the loss!

@shaunarlr83 That sounds like a nice rainy night! Yay for hiking in NOLA! Wow, that's a lot of walking and hiking, go you. Lots going on in your world, eh?

@laurelfit57 I'm glad you got your mom on the right track. That's a bummer about the wait and I'm sorry about her high blood pressure/heart trouble. Oh no about the cough!

@bethanie0825 I've been there. It is very frustrating. Hang on, hopefully next week you'll show a loss.

@Katmary71 Thank you! I did have a great time. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

@DrewsAnna Chipper is so cute! I'm glad you had a mix-up with the photos, I have been wanting to see a pic of him. :D I'm glad you had fun with your friend. How cool to do a workout with your friend! Wow, your new range looks really nice. You are going to do some good cooking on that for sure, thanks for sharing! What brand is it?

Hi all. I went grocery shopping yesterday for Thanksgiving + yesterday's and today's dinners. The total bill was as much as our budget for a whole week! I couldn't believe it. I'm so upset. Oh well. It's the holidays. I didn't do much yesterday besides grocery shopping. Today will likely be unproductive as well.

Thanksgiving Challenge (11/4-11/24) Goals:
    - track 90% of what I eat ✅
    - drink 50 oz of water each day ❌

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,211 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

u4kfvognamxh.png
    5c3uni5ojew4.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    wsp0an9qyhwk.png

By Pounds
    ixqnf8b5m8oa.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    4wnlc8f9emlj.png

By Pounds
    1h7fb5csp7jy.png
    tv3h5a8je3lu.png

Team Winners
    w1p2ydkq2p2e.png
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 478 Member
    edited November 2022
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 150
    CW: 147.7
    Goal Wieght 135-140

Feeling a bit better today. I tracked today, was a bit over but at least I tracked:)
  • Katmary71
    @DrewsAnna At least it was just your pup and not a Boudoir photo or something! He sounds like an awesome dog! Chipper is an adorable name. I'm so glad you have a workout partner a few times a week, that's wonderful!

@laurelfit57 I didn't catch how long you were in the ER, that's nuts! Way to go on tracking!

@trooworld It's crazy how high food has gone plus the turkey shortages made things go up too. Are you having Thanksgiving at your house? If so I hope the leftovers stretch into the week a bit.

Woot woot Mission Slimpossibles is 2nd place, way to go team!

@happysquidmuffin leading the pack with shaunarlr83 and @Ftofit close behind, way to go you amazing losers! :)

Weekend's over, here we go into a new and challenging week! My parents were here earlier and of course in the middle of a Sunday the 90 minutes my folks are here my Mom's air fryer was delivered. I made her hide in case the box showed what it was, frankly she told me she wanted it so she'd know as soon as she saw the big box plus I had to hide the one I got my brother because she would think it's hers. Having a laptop issue and need to take it in, I'm hoping it won't take long as it's what I use to keep up here. So my brother's having Thanksgiving and invited Bill who was so touched he traded Thanksgiving and is now coming Wednesday for the rest of the week. It will be his first time meeting my folks, some of my SIL's family will be there too. Finished my weekend challenge and my Thanksgiving goals, the challenge helped with the stretching and weights and I did listen to hang drums for a bit in the tub. Let's have an awesome Monday!
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 364 Member
    So sorry I didn't post yesterday. Hubby had an issue so we spent some time at the ER. He's so much better now. Thank you Jesus!!!

November
    Weigh in Day: Saturday

C. W. 259.5
  • Cornanda
    edited November 2022
    @askewcr - Glad your hubby is better!

@trooworld - your pug dinner sounds fun! And your cards are beautiful. I'm sick of everything being so expensive!

@DrewsAnna - Chipper sounds like a great dog!

@Katmary71 - Yay! A nice long weekend with Bill!

@shaunarlr1983 - your trip sounds like just what you needed to clear your head a bit and refresh your soul!

@bethanie0825 - I'm frustrated right now too, but I know I'm not doing everything I need to do and the question is WHY?! When you are doing everything you are supposed to do and it's not working it soooooo frustrating! Hang in there.

My house is clean, my daughter arrives tonight and will stay until Friday. Thanksgiving will be just the 4 of us. I'm looking forward to this week. Only 3 days of work!

Lisa
  • trooworld
    Congrats to the whole team for getting 2nd place on the leaderboard by percentage AND pounds! And special shout-outs go to @happysquidmuffin, @shaunarlr83, and @Ftofit for leading the way! Way to go!

@laurelfit57 Yay for feeling better and congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 I know, right??? No, we are making a bunch of food and taking it over to my brother-in-law's apartment. We are having a Friendsgiving on Saturday though. Yeah, the leftovers will stretch a bit but that's a bad thing for the weight lol. Oh gosh about the delivery! That's great that Bill will be here most of the week. I hope your family likes him.

@askewcr I'm glad your hubby is okay.

@Cornanda Thank you! Yeah, it's getting ridiculous. Everything is going up in price. :( I hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving! Enjoy the time with your daughter.

Hi all. I had wanted to do some Thanksgiving prep yesterday but didn't end up doing it, instead I did more crafting. At least that kept me from eating lol.

Thanksgiving Challenge (11/4-11/24) Goals:
    - track 90% of what I eat ✅
    - drink 50 oz of water each day ❌

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • trooworld
    For the Americans in the group... :)

ja78qpnqwcqt.png
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    ⚖️WEIGH IN⚖️

Weigh day Monday
    Previous weight - 182.2
    Current weight - 184.6

Totally anticipated this gain!!

Hiked for over two hours yesterday with my kids and brother after our family get together!

Today I’m filing the divorce papers (had to get a new copy of my birth certificate first) tomorrow will be packing more stuff and soon I need to get a job!!! I’m hoping to get back in the gym this evening!! Will try to catch up completely with you all also! Sending love to everyone!
  • Katmary71
    @askewcr I'm so glad to hear your husband was helped and is doing better.

@Cornanda have a wonderful time with your daughter!

@trooworld That's true about leftovers being bad for the waist, I didn't think of that! Spending the day crafting sounds relaxing and rewarding as well, I think it's a great choice.

@shaunarlr83 Hope you make it to the gym, you're so active it's amazing! Love right back atcha my friend.

Hi everyone! I got up early and did my workout then headed to Trader Joe's, I usually leave the disabled spot for other people and was tempted to do it especially having to park so far then seeing someone without a disability sticker or placard take it I was super annoyed! It was crowded but I got in and out fast plus I bought another box of Candy Cane Lane green tea which I love, wish I'd stocked up more on Harvest Blend as it's almost gone. I crushed the gingerbread cookies for my pie crust last night to make sure I didn't need to buy more after munching on them. I've been good at cutting back as my pants were tight and they fit well today so I'm happy about that. Not much else is new, going to start a yoga challenge with Bill when he gets here Wednesday. Have a great Tuesday everyone!
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    edited November 2022
    @trooworld it's a Frigidaire, and yes, it is going to get broke in on Thanksgiving. Lol, it probably won't look so brand new anymore. 😂😂

Hi y'all! I shopped all day yesterday and was so tired that I fell asleep as soon as I got home. Today has been a very lazy day. I'm fighting something with all my might, I have way too much to do, I absolutely can not get sick right now especially since Thanksgiving is in a few more days. Grrrr..... timing 🫤

I have plans to workout with my friend and then there will be lots housework & prep.

Thanksgiving Challenge:
    1) 10,000 steps everyday ❌
    2) Track my food everyday ✔️ (except Thanksgiving day)

Day 21, my best buddy, he has stayed right beside me all day because he knows I don't feel good.
This discussion has been closed.