Reason to smile today

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,960 Member
    Ah, memories of learning cursive. In third grade, my school said, "we'll START teaching cursive after Christmas." Over Christmas break, my family moved to a new city in a new state. First day of school, the teacher says, "Now that you've had two months to practice cursive, I expect EVERYTHING in cursive from now on." After I picked up my jaw from the floor, I went about teaching myself how to write cursive by looking above the blackboard at the example letters, one at a time, all while trying to simultaneously learn the new material being thrown at us. Setup my own mixture of cursive and print which was fast enough to take notes, but "good enough" for the teacher to accept. Eventually I went back and learned the "proper" cursive, and if I take my time I can write very flowingly, but if I'm in a hurry I still lean on my mangled mashup.
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    edited November 2022
    i taught my kids cursive and they mostly write that way now if not typing. my daughter is dyslexic and cursive is really helpful for that bc of the start/stop points of each letter being uniform.
    I love this kind of brain workaround. You done good. and you teaching it to your child gives me such a good warm feeling

My kids were homeschooled for many years and I tried to teach them all cursive. I still have a chart up in my kitchen. My oldest two have the worst handwriting I’ve ever seen apart from their father. My youngest, who had the least homeschooling, is teaching it to himself & isn’t too bad. I feel like
    there might be a strong genetic component.
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,506 Member
    Spending half of my day with my favorite person. It was so perfect ❤
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,960 Member
    Actually tuned in to the first moments of the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade for the first time ever. Always before I end up remembering about halfway through.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,187 Member
    Taking a friend skating today. I haven't seen her in years since she moved to the USA. It was so much fun
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,464 Member
    qg6nq1u21kmy.jpeg

My son took his wife to a cottage rental place in the woods in the southeastern part of the state for her birthday this weekend.
    He just texted that they had arrived.
    😂
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    All those multiple charged to my bank that I was complaining about? I simply typed my complaint into the help chat with the website where I made the purchase and they took it upon themselves to cancel the orders under my account. This is perfect because I had one more cart under ‘guest’ so I will still receive the items I wanted but not duplicated.
    I thought this was going to be a complicated nightmare but it turned out so well!
  • Luxduca
    Luxduca Posts: 979 Member
    Waking up next to one of my kids this morning! Huge smile
  • OpheliaCooter
    I was frantically running around at work and when I came back to my cart there was a little cake sitting there. My coworker from yesterday put it there bc I mentioned I like them. 🥰 The flight attendants and the cleaners know him by name so he’s a good one.
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    I woke up feeling indifferent. This is a peaceful feeling considering the roller coaster of hell I've been on for two weeks
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    edited November 2022
    I woke up feeling indifferent. This is a peaceful feeling considering the roller coaster of hell I've been on for two weeks
    Indifferent to an undeserving person or situation is cool but look out for life apathy & numbness. ❤️
  • Alinouveau2
    Helping people out.
  • OpheliaCooter
    Gift cards from work! At least it isn’t a pizza party!
  • Alinouveau2
    Almost done!
    And mt last group today was fun
  • Alinouveau2
    Helping people out
  • SunflowerQueen36
    SunflowerQueen36 Posts: 1,272 Member
    My secret Santa at work got me Reese's Trees 😍 Hubs brought me coffee to the office ☕🖤 Its Taco Tuesday 🌮 So many reasons!!!!