• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,520 Member
    barbiecat wrote: »
    5975yg9mrrfe.jpg

Lmfao !
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,045 Member
    edited November 2022
    Lisa my sister had that problem when they had a home in the country. We have had that problem around here too lately. We live near a one hundred and eighty acre park. I think they must think they can survive on rabbits. They forget we have fox and coyote in the park. For some reason the dogs tend to be pit bull mixes. I wrote about this about a month ago where one of the pit bulls attacked a dog and a woman who was trying to help the dog. Fortunately we do have animal control here. It is so sad for the dogs. I agree you can't take them in. Where it really becomes a problem is when they form packs to survive that is where your local police need to be involved for everyone's safety. Feral cats have also sometimes been an issue here. They go after the birds when they are nesting because they are easy prey.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Debbie so sorry you fell! Hope it all cleans up well.

Karen I too love your brother's painting! You did such a great job getting him moved.

Mary Congratulations on the new phone! Hope it brings joy.

Being an introvert is part of why you all, my online friends, are so valuable. You are available when I feel outgoing, and quiet when I need that. And no driving! Such a lovely relationship. Thank you.

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    Evening ladies
    I am tucked in and tired..but so happy to be here.. all and all is well.. im going to sleep soon..
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 433 Member
    Annie: I seldom drive on the Interstate. I can only keep up 70mph for about a half hour and then I get tired.

RVRita: Maybe the Coca Cola is raising my blood sugar and then the sugar drops and I feel poorly.
    Maybe I can find Elton's John's concert on Utube

DLFK202000: The fall sounds terrible. I am so sorry.

Grandmallie: I hope you feel better as the vacation moves along.

Beth: I love The Dance by Garth Brooks

Tracey: I wish I was so creative! I am glad you are enjoying your crafts!

Heather: Exercise, writing, rest and good food sounds wonderful. I have heard some people follow the 4 G's...God, gardening, grandchildren and the gym!

I did go out and do my errands today! I am ready for my son and daughter in law and their 3 dogs!
    I have plenty of food. I wanted wreaths on the house....as a splurge ....I have never done this before and my DH said he would go outside and look a them. But alas the wreaths I ordered are suppose to arrive Thanksgiving Day! So I will have them for Christmas!

I think I am more into decorations for the holidays then food and gifts!

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,329 Member
    Machka-your nose does look like it healed well-its good you are a healer-will help in next phase.

Barbie-I think we need to celebrate holidays with what is meaningful to us-I think it is great you and Jake celebrate healthy eating together!

Allie-hope you feel better.

Debbie- I hate it when I pull a klutz move-but it happens to everyone-hope they get you in.

Karen-wonderful picture-his soul comes through.

Annie-you are just so upbeat!

I suffered one miscarriage early on (maybe 6 weeks) in between my two boys. I have always been convinced that was the girl my husband wanted. That was tough enough-I can't imagine carrying to term. My niece did (they knew would be stillborn). They named him and he is part of the family.

One more day of work. I hate budget time-I will be working on it Thanksgiving day and again on Sunday-but that's ok-one time a year and you can't do it too early due to funding notices, etc.

Time for kitchen cleanup and get lunch packed for tomorrow. Thought about doing some work, but will feel better with some pick up done so I don't get behind.

Have a good rest of day.

Take care all,

Ginny n Ohio
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,936 Member
    ginnytez wrote: »

I suffered one miscarriage early on (maybe 6 weeks) in between my two boys. I have always been convinced that was the girl my husband wanted. That was tough enough-I can't imagine carrying to term. My niece did (they knew would be stillborn). They named him and he is part of the family.

Take care all,

Ginny n Ohio

I had a miscarriage at 13weeks- my only pregnancy. Former hubby and I talk about it sometimes. We both feel it was a girl but of course don't know. He already had her name picked out. Heidi Henrietta(his last name starts with H). I liked the Heidi but wasnt sure on the middle name. We talk about the what if's.
    Would we have stayed together/ What she would be like now as an adult/Would we be grandparents---

years of fertility treatment including shots/blood tests/surgeries but they didn't work
    Blessed to have my son whom we adopted at 1 1/2 weeks old.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    edited November 2022
    Debbie I am so sorry that you had such a terrible fall. It sounds like you will be relaxing for the next few days. I’m sorry that you are going to be unable to eat for a few days. Were you planning a Thanksgiving supper? If so, you can chop up the turkey very fine and mix it with potatoes and gravy and stuffing. I used to do that for my kids when they were young. Where there’s a will, there’s a way.

Allie I’m glad that you made it to the Cape safely! Have a great time with Doris.

💕 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    I fear my desire to be a hermit is only going to increase as I age, which can be detrimental. However, I truly hate trying to be someone I am not or don't want to be. Years ago, I forced myself to do activities with people, such as hiking, but I really didn't enjoy it then and I enjoy it even less now. I'd just rather be alone.

Tina in CA

I think it's vaguely possible that extroverts made up the idea of being a hermit as being detrimental so they'd always have people to talk to... ;) It may well be true that hermits are the healthier of the two.

People exhaust me, even the ones I love, and sometimes even on the phone. Love being this age, so I can finally say - "Gotta go!" without excuse or making a future date. I stand it as long as I can, and then I leave. Or, as in most cases, I simply don't do it at all.

Later,
    Lisa in AR

Agreed! There is something incredibly relaxing about being alone.

I am much more productive when I am left alone too.

M in Oz
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Sue - have a wonderful visit with your family.

Heather - I am learning to enjoy my alone time and have started to miss it if I don’t get enough. I seem to have the perfect balance going on right now.

Machka - I love Christmas music as well.

Ginny - I am very familiar with Presque Isle. I am from Woodstock in NB, which borders Houlton. I grew up in the Saint John River Valley, Hartland. One of my fondest memories of my paternal grandfather is a trip “over ‘cross”. We crossed in Presque Isle and went to one of the big department stores. He bought my brother and I a sled that looked like a snowmobile our Dad owned. I have a picture of us on that sled. I should find it.
    I wondered when you said Northern Maine if I would know where you were talking about. It’s a Small World.

We did a Christmas gift exchange at work this year. I’m very glad because the last two years we have all bought for each other in the Leadership team.

The Manor gives gifts to all the staff and we as the Leadership team have to sign each card

Karen - your brother is very talented.

Debbie - that sounds so painful. I hope you are able to get healed and fixed fast.

Barbie - I love that meme.

I have to get some more done on my stocking so will have to finish catching up tomorrow.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,936 Member
    edited November 2022
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Debbie I am so sorry that you had such a terrible fall. It sounds like you will be relaxing for the next few days. I’m sorry that you are going to be unable to eat for a few days. Were you planning a Thanksgiving supper? If so, you can chop up the turkey very fine and mix it with potatoes and gravy and stuffing. I used to do that for my kids when they were young. Where there’s a will, there’s a way.

Allie I’m glad that you made it to the Cape safely! Have a great time with Doris.

💕 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota

Having Thanksgiving at our friends- she is cooking salmon, smoked ribs and mac and cheese.
    I am doing meat/cheese platter, veggie platter, steamed broccoli and some desserts.
    Will see how I feel tomorrow as to what desserts I bring(may have dh pick up something)
    Salmon and mac and cheese I will be able to eat. No way on the ribs or the raw veggi
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,814 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    I signed up for the Secret Santa at work. I figured I would ... it's a bit of fun at the maximum limit is $15.

So I will be buying one present this year.

I also got my granddaughter something and may add to it if something appeals to me before mid December.

As for presents I will get ... there will be something for about $15 from my Secret Santa! :)

I'll also have time off work. That will likely be the best present!

Machka in Oz

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    Debbie your menu sounds great. I love Mac and cheese! Be careful and it sounds like you should be fine. I’ll be praying for a speedy recovery. Sorry that happened to you.

💕Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    I plan to spend time with dh as soon as I can get transportation. I haven’t had a visit with him for a day or two and I miss him.