Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2022

Replies

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    @DrewsAnna --- sending you ((healthy vibes)))
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @shaunarlr83 Good job with the hike! Good luck with the filing, I hope it goes smoothly. Hugs!

@Katmary71 Yeah, unfortunately, we end up eating leftovers for a day or two afterward, it's like eating 3 Thanksgiving meals! That's annoying and not right about someone taking the disabled parking without having a sticker or placard. Yay for your pants fitting better! Good luck with the yoga challenge.

@DrewsAnna We have a Frigidaire fridge, we love it. Hey, it's all good...broken in is good! :) I hope you don't get sick. Bad timing!

Hi all. Work went by so slowly yesterday and it is likely to go by slowly again today. I just don't want to be there lol. Not eating the best right now, which is bad because Thanksgiving is going to be another bad eating day(s).

Thanksgiving Challenge (11/4-11/24) Goals:
    - track 90% of what I eat ✅
    - drink 50 oz of water each day ✅

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,113 Member
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 192.6
    CW: 188.4
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,113 Member
    @19shmoo69 - Oh how I freaking LOVE Tim Hawkins! That was fantastic!

Hey everyone...I've been sick since last Thursday and haven't been doing much of anything other than sleeping, hacking and sneezing. Ears plugged up on me on Saturday...finally popped one open this morning. I'm sure that is what contributed to my 4# loss...so it might go back up a pound or two next Sunday. I'm supposed to leave in the morning to head to Virginia to visit my son and DIL. I might have to break it up into 2 days so I can stop and rest overnight (it's a 12+ hour drive). Just now feeling a little motivated to get everything packed and ready to go. For my American Friends, have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    happysquidmuffin
    Weigh in: Tuesday
    PW: 136
    CW: 138

Ugh my weight has been doing such weird things since I’ve been sick with a sinus infection for the past 10 days now. Today I’m just about better though. Happy I made it to the leaderboard! And we did great as a team too! Not going to keep tracking my steps here; just not sure what’s the point since I don’t think it’s being recorded or anything. Sorry I am still only briefly skimming posts. Wishing best of luck to Teresa; I saw she has to leave for now. Calorie-wise I should have hit 135 by now. Watch for a crazy woosh when my body decides I’m definitely not sick anymore lol. Or maybe not, since it’s Thanksgiving this week.
    Happy Thanksgiving 🍁 I’m grateful for all of you.
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 512 Member
    User: FushiaKat
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 142.2
    CW: 141.8

I got hearing aid's last Thursday. I like them but there is a lot to learn about them. There is an app that controls the volume and other settings like noisy environments. Today everybody sounds like they are in a cave or maybe I'm the one in a cave. I was given very little instructions on how to put them on, take them out or clean them. I have never worn hearing aids before they take some getting used too. But I can hear better.
    I've been staying on track for the most part, eating an egg in the morning when I just don't have any energy. I'm leaving for a doctor's appointment in five minutes.
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    @19shmoo69 That video had me cracking up!!! OMG.... 😂😂😂

@vegan4lyfe2012 if you don't mind me asking, where are you?

Hey y'all! I slept all day yesterday, I got up for awhile then went back to bed early. I got up feeling alright this morning. I did a 30 min workout with my friend. Then, I did some Thanksgiving prep for a little while. Wound up taking a nap this afternoon because I was feeling blah again. Now, I'm sucking on sore throat drops and my sinuses are really bothering me. I will take cold/flu medicine next couple days, then maybe go to the Dr if I need to.

Tomorrow, I'll finish cleaning and prep before the big day and feast 🦃🍰🙏🏼

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Thanksgiving Challenge:
    1) 10,000 steps everyday ✔️
    2) Track my food everyday ✔️ (except Thanksgiving day)

Day 22, I'm thankful for being well enough to be productive.
  • trooworld
    @19shmoo69 LOL! You are back! I'm so glad to see you and your humor!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Well done on the loss! I'm sorry you are sick. Have a great time with your son and DIL. Happy Thanksgiving!

@happysquidmuffin Our bodies do weird things when we are sick. Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

@FushiaKat Congrats on the loss! I'm glad the hearing aids help.

@DrewsAnna Oh gosh, I hope you feel better. Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi all. Our Thanksgiving Challenge ends tomorrow. I wish all the Americans a Happy Thanksgiving! I'm grateful for this group.

- track 90% of what I eat ✅
    - drink 50 oz of water each day ❌

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,480 Member
    @DrewsAnna I hope your body keeps fighting, take care! Animals are the best when we don't feel good.

@trooworld I'm having the same problem eating well with Thanksgiving around the corner, at the worst it's on this weekend right?!

@19shmoo69 I loved that, I sent it to a few people!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Oh no, hope you feel better! That's a pretty long drive not feeling way.

@happysquidmuffin You may have that crazy whoosh, it's been known to happen! I was feeling good about fitting into my jeans but it's short-lived with Thanksgiving tomorrow plus I went out with a friend for ice cream last night.

@FushiaKat Kat, have you tried looking on YouTube about your hearing aid? I've been amazed at what I can find on there, there just may be someone explaining how to use it. You're doing awesome, I saw your drop on my feed earlier!

Hi team, happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends on here! I went out last night for a pumpkin pie sundae with my friend who texts me ice cream pics, you wouldn't believe it even with a photo, I don't eat sugar much so the sugar rush almost triggered a panic attack in the restaurant, luckily I had my micro current machine on the setting that gets my body out of fight-or-flight and I didn't freak out in Leatherby's but after that passed I thought I was going to throw it up. I'm definitely NOT having what had to have been 5 scoops covered in caramel and whipped cream ever again, I'll stick with a small Blizzard or a scoop. I was up feeling lousy all night but had a TON of energy for my workout this morning! Bill texted that he got off work 4 hours before I was expecting and on his way, I had towels and sheets in the dryer that I was waiting for to take a shower and was in my sweaty workout clothes measuring spices for my cheesecake I'm taking tomorrow and freaked out a bit since I had my entire day scheduled. Tomorrow Bill's meeting the parents at my brother's for Thanksgiving, not expecting any problems. We're going to do a hip yoga workout for 5 days while he's here if anyone would like the link, just let me know Have a great holiday!
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    @19shmoo69 - thank you for making me laugh out loud!!! I needed that in this moment!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my wonderful friends here, I am still so very busy, but I miss each and everyone of you and cannot wait until I can catch up for real. Have a great time with all of your loved ones.
  • DrewsAnna
    edited November 2022
    @19shmoo69 That is to funny, love it 😂😂

Hey y'all! I've been a very busy gal today, and tomorrow most of my family will be here. It's gonna be crazy & chaotic and I can't wait. I've seen a couple of you wishing your "American" friends a happy holiday. That has really peaked my interest. Where is everyone from? I'm was born in Bremerton, Wa but, I'm a military brat so, I have spent time in a lot of southern states. When I was 16, I made my way back to Bremerton, Wa and I've been here ever since. I'm 57 now.

Thanksgiving Challenge:
    1) 10,000 steps everyday ✔️
    2) Track my food everyday ✔️ (except Thanksgiving day)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL 🦃🦃

Day 23, I'm thankful for all of you 🙂

• trooworld
    @Katmary71 Right! Oh gosh, I'm sorry about the incident in the restaurant. That must have been awful. That's nice that Bill was able to get off early. I left work early, too, I was supposed to get off at 11:30 but I left at 10:30 because I was feeling anxious about all the prep for today. Happy Thanksgiving!

@shaunarlr83 You too! Hugs!

@19shmoo69 HAHAHA!

@DrewsAnna I'm from Southern California. Actually, originally from Ohio but have been out here since 1994/5. Have a great chaotic fun day today! :)

Hi all. Again, Happy Thanksgiving! My husband and I did most of the prep work yesterday so we have very little to do today to get ready, just bake some things we prepped yesterday as well as bake the turkey. Have a great day!

- track 90% of what I eat ❌
    - drink 50 oz of water each day ✅

• GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    edited November 2022
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 137.7
    CW: 137.5
    I’m in (Northern) Virginia, getting ready for a very low key, no frills Thanksgiving, with only the 4 foods the 3 of us voted for 😂😂

Happy Thanksgiving (or Thursday) to all!

ETA- @vegan4lyfe2012 - in the name of my state I apologize for the + in the 12h+ drive, which is always our I95 (think of 10 teenagers on TOM in the same room).
  • DrewsAnna
    ekaa8qc5nwxh.jpg
    tyrb4zc22t0b.jpg
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 466 Member
    Hello my friends, once again a quick check in. I am tracking this week and have been staying on course. Definitely not on track as far as activity goes. This cold is definitely lingering. Any physical exertion and it sends me into fits of coughing, even talking too much will get me coughing. Today was a better day though and i have high hopes for tomorrow:). Many people have told me that this cough lingers for 4-6 weeks, it’s going around. My daughter and son in law are moving this weekend, so i will have my grandkids for the full weekend, I’m looking forward to it! They haven’t been here in a month, due to illnesses, things are looking up:)
  • DrewsAnna
    edited November 2022
    DrewsAnna
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    PW: 154.9
    CW: 154.9

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!! I'm beat and my feet hurt so bad the pain is going all the way up my legs. Totally worth it though. I was surrounded by all my kids and a few that have called me "Mom" for years. All of my grand beauty's were here. It was loud, crazy and a bit chaotic and so much fun.

Day 24, I'm so very thankful for my family more than they will ever know.
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Hi

davidji82
    weigh in day Friday
    PW:241.4
    CW:238.7
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    Friday weigh in
    cornanda
    PW: 171.5
    CW: 173.5

+2

I was down all week, this is just Thanksgiving fluff. I'm jelly of those of you who lost on the Friday after Thanksgiving weigh in.
This discussion has been closed.