Shape Shifters Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2022

Replies

• Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 525 Member
    Pw 215.4
    Cw 216.8

Yep, you know Thanksgiving was a thing this year. Ugh. This was regular stuffing...not low sodium stuffing. I admit I love stuffing at the holidays but damnit the sodium and I could taste the sodium in it. I was able to flush out a lot of the sodium yall but it's still there obviously. But...it is what it is and this too shall pass.
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 375 Member
    JenHul
    Monday weigh in
    PW: 175.6
    CW: 175.5
    LTD: -6.7

Nov 21 steps= 9859
    Nov 22 steps= 10,021
    Nov 23 steps= 10,714
    Nov 24 steps= 11,995
    Nov 25 steps= 10,556
    Nov 26 steps= 8762
    Nov 27 steps= 6156

Have a great week everybody!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,037 Member
    Hi SS....You have a new member joining your wonderful team........Please welcome @TexanMom8152
  • Susanna527
    Susanna527 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Susanna527
    Weigh-In: Mondays
    PW: 201.2
    CW: 200
  • Susanna527
    Susanna527 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Hi SS....You have a new member joining your wonderful team........Please welcome @TexanMom8152

Welcome!!! 🙂
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,099 Member
    qsldkc9i63sn.jpg

Welcome @TexanMom8152 and so glad you found us. Take a few minutes and introduce yourself and tell us a little about what you hope to accomplish with the team in December and beyond! I'm Jessica, your Captain. I also manage our Step Challenge, so if you're fitbit walking/running junkie as many of us are, let me know if you'd like to participate in our step challenge. Just let me know your first name for the chart, your daily step goal you hope to achieve and tell me your favorite place to walk this time of year and you're in! You can find our step chart on the main fat2fit page where you probably registered...scroll down and find the spreadsheet for November, then click on that link. Find the tab for Shape Shifters (our team) and once you see the weigh in chart with all of our names listed, scroll directly beneath that chart and you'll find the Step Challenge chart.

Take time to go back to page one of this chat thread for Nov and read our FAQ which should answer many of your questions. If you have other questions after reading that, just post here in the chat thread and we'll do our best to find answers for you.

On behalf of the whole team and our two wonderful Motivatores, @PatriceFitnessPal and @angiemarie28 WELCOME!

Good luck in December and Happy Holidays!
    Jessica :blush:
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 525 Member
    Welcome @TexanMom8152
  • nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 148 Member
    @TexanMom8152 Welcome to the group!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,037 Member
    Hi SS .... You have another new member joining your awesome team ... Please welcome @krissmisskross :)
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 912 Member
    My steps
    11/26 10,178
    11/27 11,195
    11/28 9,898
    I'm having to use Google Fit as my Garmin activity tracker has been sent for repair.It only records from my mobile phone so unless I have it on me it doesn't record,which is why my steps are lower.So I've found a money belt this morning to clip round my waist.I can now track all my walking & dancing etc 🙂
    A warm welcome to Shape Shifters @TexanMom8152 & @krissmisskross
    Hope you get all the support you need to reach your fitness goals.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,323 Member
    edited November 2022
    @TexanMom8152 & @krissmisskross — We’ll be introducing ourselves in more detail once the December Chat space opens for our Shape Shifters team but feel free to let us know how we can best support you in achieving your nutrition and fitness goals.

What motivated you to sign up for the F2F group challenge? Have you set some goals for the coming month?

I reached my goal weight in September 2021 and stayed within my maintenance range until last week. On Thursday, I weighed in at 131 so I’ve decided to stay in the

So, I am concentrating on better tracking of my meals and adding more protein to improve my macronutrient balance. I’m also hoping to increase my strength and flexibility.

Today, I signed up for a winter conditioning class that my rowing crew group hosts during the off season, when we can’t row on the river. I’m going to set some phone alarm reminders to build the habit of joining yoga sessions at the local YMCA near my house, too. Let’s get those goals, Shape Shifters!!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,178 Member
    Daily step goal: 7,000
    Sun 11/27: 10,313
    Mon 11/28: 12,890
  • jessicakrall8
    JessicaKrall8
    Monday weigh-in
    PW: 303.7
    CW: 306.0

Not sure what happened…was posting ladt night and my hitting SEND didn’t work…oh well here it is…lots of work to do 😳🙄
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,262 Member
    Steps:
    11/27 5,880
    11/28 3,635
    Steps low yesterday - I had a 10hr meeting and was exhausted by the end of the day
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,323 Member
    edited November 2022
    @TexanMom8152 - How tragic! I’m so sorry to hear the devastating news your son’s roommate received the day before he was going to see his Dad and celebrate the holiday together with your family. I’m sure he found comfort in being welcomed by your family and appreciated the support you provided during such a difficult time. I’m sure it was not easy to make emergency travel plans/changes during the Thanksgiving holiday period. I’m sure this experience will feel heavy for your son and add to your stress, too.

Feel free to bring your stress and emotions here instead of eating. It sounds as though you could really benefit from the week’s challenge to add self-care to your routine.

You can bookmark the Self Care Bingo game by selecting the ribbon (top right corner) once you link to the page here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10878493/november-week-5-group-challenge-self-care-for-holiday-stress#latest
  • jessicakrall8
    Another very busy day...only 2 of us on my team were there...boss and me. One colleague out sick after returning from vacation and other colleague on vacation this week. I'm just trying to make it until Friday and then I'm on vacation! WOOHOO!

Hit my step goal of 35 intentional miles for November! WHOOOOHOOOOO!!! Go Jessi, Go Jessi, Go Jessi, Go Jessi! :blush:

Hope ya'll had a great day!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    qp84zi554axv.jpg
    Hi SS .... You have another new member joining your awesome team ... Please welcome @krissmisskross :)

Hi @krissmisskross and welcome to our team! Please take time and introduce yourself and go back and read from pg 1 of this thread our FAQ file. It's the second posting. Let me know if you have any questions and we will try to find you answers. I'm Jessica, your Captain and I've been here for over five years. This group is very helpful, kind, accepting and motivating. I hope you'll find that to be the case as well.

On behalf of the whole team and our two wonderful Motivators, @angmarie28 and @PatriceFitnessPal , make yourself at home!

Good luck in December!
    Jessica :smile:
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 526 Member
    edited November 2022
    @jessicakrall8 congratulations on getting your walking done this month
    Crazy busy for work again, wow. You are going to need that vacation.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,262 Member
    edited November 2022
    Current Maintenance Weigh In
    This is down from where I was over the weekend after Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday and Thanksgiving lunch on Sunday
    Drinking my water being mindful of my food choices and Beachbody Fire & Flow- today was Day 4 Functional Flow with mini bands along with the journal activity
This discussion has been closed.