Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2022

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    @hlnnan Hi there, way to go on getting your diet on track! What kind of exercise do you like to do?

@Cornanda Way to go on doing your exercise, hope you were able to do it today too. How was your eating today?

@gemwolf110 I like the idea of a turkey to tree challenge, what will you be doing for it? Glad you're tracking, that's wonderful!

@soaness Hi Hanna! You sound like you're starting off well with tracking and logging, I look forward to chatting with you.

@trooworld Yay for more veggies and water, you're doing great!

@Tamevv Hope your self analysis day goes well, I started out typing how I wondered it if it was a good or bad thing but you'll figure it out I'm sure. Yes the pretzels are dangerous especially because at Trader Joe's it's only 5-6 servings but Costco sells a huge bag so I'm scared to walk by it if I go there!

@FushiaKat Have a great week Kat! My hairdresser lost his hearing suddenly and has a hearing aid in one ear, it is more complicated in how we hear than one would think.

@happysquidmuffin Woohoo, gym twice today and stay away from that sugar and it's the beginning of a new streak, you got this! That was me yesterday (minus the gym), I still want to munch but now I have a streak to continue and you will too!

Hi team, hope you all had a great day! I'm having a bad pain day and trying to not stress eat, I'm going to head back to my room for the night to read in a few. Got some Christmas shopping done earlier and picked up a bunch of stocking items which were mostly candy at TJ Maxx, when I was checking out she said I must have the munchies pretty bad which is pretty funny since I had so much junk but alas all I got for me was wrapping paper and a face scrub. I'm definitely aware of it all being in the house though so this will take some willpower. Have a great Wednesday, this week is flying already!
  • hlnnan
    hlnnan Posts: 19 Member
    Hi @Katmary71, thanks 😊

I like and would benefit from strength training but I also like walking and cycling.

Due to a shoulder injury and problems with my hips and one knee I am currently having to stick to pilates and painkillers!

I have very little muscle (always been that way) and I know that more of it would help me the most.

My plan has recovery exercises every day but most of the time I feel self conscious and so I don't do it!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    @Tamevv - I did eat well and complete my exercise for tuesday. I quit tracking a long time ago. I was doing pretty well and still managing to lose without it. Right now I'm thinking I may have to return to doing it. That should be good motivation for me to clean up my act.

@19shmoo69 - I love starting the day with coffee and a funny joke. :)

@trooworld - I decided to have salad for breakfast yesterday and was thinking about you and how you don't like breakfast foods.

Yesterday was good- salad for breakfast, salad for lunch, stir fry for dinner! Now rinse and repeat for today!

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @Tamevv Did you track and drink your water yesterday?

@FushiaKat Those are all great NSVs. That's interesting about your hearing aids. I'm glad you got it adjusted properly.

@happysquidmuffin Congrats on the loss! Sounds like you are doing well.

@19shmoo69 HAHAHAHA! That's hilarious.

@Katmary71 Thank you! I'm sorry you are having a lot of pain. I hope it lessens today.

@Cornanda I'm glad you had a good eating day yesterday and yay for the exercise. I've never tried salad for breakfast, I may have to try that!

Hi all. I woke up in the middle of the night with a raging migraine. I had a headache for 2 days prior to the migraine, I guess it finally decided to show up. I am very exhausted today. I took medicine but it took about an hour to take effect. It's going to be a very long day today at work. I ate well yesterday and tracked all my food. I still didn't drink enough water.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    Hi MS... Another new member joining your amazing team ... Please welcome @jamaicanlady :)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    @hlnnan Oh no, sorry to hear about the shoulder injury and hip and knee issues! I have to modify everything I do so I get it, it's frustrating! Are you feeling frustrated at home by yourself doing exercises? I used to, after doing it for awhile it wore off but I was real uncomfortable at first. If you're in public doing them most people are focused on themselves and probably aren't really paying attention but I know when you're self conscious it feels like a spotlight is on you.

@Cornanda Very healthy day yesterday, way to go!

@trooworld Good luck getting through today, I hope the medicine kicks in and you aren't feeling nauseous, take care.

@jamaicanlady Welcome to Slimpossibles, can't wait to get to know you!

Hi everyone, hope you all had a great day! I got up and wasn't feeling well so did arm cardio instead of regular chair cardio then cut back stretching and strength training. I had my pain clinic appointment and agreed to have a spinal cord stimulator trial which I've been saying no to for over 25 years. He's hopeful it will help movement in my feet as well as pain which has been rough lately. Unfortunately he's leaving the clinic I'm at after today so he won't be doing it and I liked him so I'm bummed about that. I've been worried about getting one and if it didn't work out there's a lot of people whose insurance won't remove them from their bodies and I've had issues with anything foreign in me so it was a big concern and he said he'd fight to get it done if I needed it. There isn't even a new doctor yet and I need MRIs and a psych eval even before the test so it's not until probably Spring. Food was great, really wanted to eat all the candy stocking stuffers or stop for ice cream but I'm here drinking tea with stevia instead. Have a great night.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @hlnnan Hi there, way to go on getting your diet on track! What kind of exercise do you like to do?

@Cornanda Way to go on doing your exercise, hope you were able to do it today too. How was your eating today?

@gemwolf110 I like the idea of a turkey to tree challenge, what will you be doing for it? Glad you're tracking, that's wonderful!

@soaness Hi Hanna! You sound like you're starting off well with tracking and logging, I look forward to chatting with you.

@trooworld Yay for more veggies and water, you're doing great!

@Tamevv Hope your self analysis day goes well, I started out typing how I wondered it if it was a good or bad thing but you'll figure it out I'm sure. Yes the pretzels are dangerous especially because at Trader Joe's it's only 5-6 servings but Costco sells a huge bag so I'm scared to walk by it if I go there!

@FushiaKat Have a great week Kat! My hairdresser lost his hearing suddenly and has a hearing aid in one ear, it is more complicated in how we hear than one would think.

@happysquidmuffin Woohoo, gym twice today and stay away from that sugar and it's the beginning of a new streak, you got this! That was me yesterday (minus the gym), I still want to munch but now I have a streak to continue and you will too!

Hi team, hope you all had a great day! I'm having a bad pain day and trying to not stress eat, I'm going to head back to my room for the night to read in a few. Got some Christmas shopping done earlier and picked up a bunch of stocking items which were mostly candy at TJ Maxx, when I was checking out she said I must have the munchies pretty bad which is pretty funny since I had so much junk but alas all I got for me was wrapping paper and a face scrub. I'm definitely aware of it all being in the house though so this will take some willpower. Have a great Wednesday, this week is flying already!

They have 3 different activities every day. Like push ups, plank, crunches, circuit workouts. It’s small but crazy how out of shape I have become. Used to be able to do an 8 minute plank back when I was in the best shape of my life. Now 30 seconds seems a lot.
  • trooworld
    @jamaicanlady Welcome to the team!!!

@Katmary71 Thanks, I made it okay, very tired but I made it! :D It sounds like you have good reason to be concerned but I hope the stimulator helps. Great job, resisting the candy and ice cream!

Hi all. I was pretty busy at work yesterday so no time to be tired. I have another headache this morning, not a migraine, but it could be the start of one. :( At least I am working from home today so I don't have to dress up for work. Below is something about binging. I think it's helpful. Have a great day!

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"

cteknw405dis.jpg
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Two days in a row right at calorie goal, and weighing a pound less (136.5). Today will be day 3 of sticking to the plan! I went to the gym this morning, and hopefully I will wake up early enough tomorrow to go again in the morning before the rest of my family needs me, haha.
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member

Weekly check in
    PW: 74.7
    CW:73.9

Surprised at the loss but I’ll take it.

Yesterday I didn’t get to the strength work - and by “get to” I mean completely forgot 😔. Obviously that has not worked into my habitual routine yet- must figure out how to get it in. How did you all go with exercise yesterday? I’m looking at you @Cornanda and @Katmary71 ?

@katmary71 I’m the opposite - i much prefer working out at home - waaaaay to self conscious to go public. I go super red in the face and huff and puff and sweat a lot. Plus the logistics - at home I can slip in a full workout without having to add travel time. Also, just read your other comment and great work on exercise and food!! So how about today? Repeat success?
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Since I still cannot post pictures here I'll have to describe it.
    I made a large batch of cloud bread. Spread it on a cookie sheet.after baking it I spread some Alfredo sauce and added some cheese and toasted it. Removing it from the oven I rolled it long wise (like a swiss roll or sushi roll).
    It's a large Alfredo pizza roll.
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Hi all
    Weigh in day Friday
    PW: 238.7
    CW: 235.6
  • Cornanda
    @trooworld - I hope those headaches go away FAST! I like the HALT thing you posted.

@Tamevv - I too skipped my strength work out yesterday. I did walk an extra 15 min. My excuse was that I didn't sleep great, but I know I could have managed it. Let's make a pact to get our planned strength workouts in next week. My days are Tuesday and Thursday. I do step on Mon/Wed.

@happysquidmuffin - Yay for day 3! Is your streak still going?

@19shmoo69 - sounds yummy!

@DrewsAnna - Sending you hugs. Maybe try to take some time and process this? I'm an emotional thinker and eater. Sometimes long walks with lots of thinking or journaling help me sort out what the real issue is and then I can deal with it.

It's FRIDAY! Hubby and I took today off. We are going to a nature area for a nice walk, and then lunch and some errands. When we get home, I'l try to tackle some stuff on my To Do list that aren't done. Should be a nice relaxing start to the weekend.

Lisa
  • Cornanda
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 173.5
    CW: 172.3

:smile:
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 137.7
    CW: 138.2
  • trooworld
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 231.0
    CW: 226.0

LTD: 22
  • trooworld
    @happysquidmuffin Yay!!! Way to be consistent!

@Tamevv Congrats on the loss! Can you set a reminder on your phone or post a sticky note somewhere, maybe on the fridge or bathroom mirror to remind you about the strength work?

@19shmoo69 That sounds amazing! Are you doing keto or low carb or just like cloud bread?

@DrewsAnna Thank you! Mine isn't big anymore lol, we don't really have a dining room to take over in our condo so we put some of the village stuff on the tiny table built for 2 and this year, we put some stuff on the end table as well. We aren't done or I'd post a pic. My hubby is in charge of the village (with a little input from me), I hate hiding the cords lol so I let him do it. Yes, definitely post a pic!!! I'm sorry you are getting stressed and depressed, it can be hard to care about your health when you are in that state, when I feel that way I get into survival mode and just do the bare minimums to survive it. I'm so very sorry about your dad. I had a strained relationship with my dad, too, and when he died, I hadn't talked to him in over a year (my choice and I don't regret it), so I can relate to your post. I also had mixed emotions, I thought I would be relieved when he died (we had a very toxic relationship). I'm so sorry and big hugs to you. <3

@davidji82 Great loss, congrats!

@Cornanda Congrats on the loss! Thank you! I felt better after some coffee, doesn't everyone, right @19shmoo69? Yay for a Friday off!!! I love your plans, it sounds really relaxing except the to do stuff lol. I'm glad you've got the day off.

Hi all. My head got better and then in the afternoon, the handyman came to put up the drywall in the bathroom so that was good. I lost 5 lbs this week, all the weight I gained last week except 0.2 lbs. I'm very happy about that. Have a great day!

• shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Yay! I’m finally caught up!

@trooworld - yes the begging me to change my mind has come in many many waves. I’m not waivering, I was able to file but he messed up the consent form by writing nonsense on it while drunk, I may be able to get another one but it could just turn into a complete waste of my time and money….we shall see.

@19shmoo69 - I always wanted to try the cloud bread but never did…might have to give it a go!! Any recommendations??

@DrewsAnna - I’m so sorry friend and can totally relate, I anticipate the same when my father passes. Funny thing is I now live less than 3 miles from him but we haven’t talked 5-10 time in the past 20 years and even fewer than that the previous 15! Hugs my friend. Take as much time as you need to process these emotions.

I am so sorry to all who have been sick or hurting. My family has been racked with the flu and viral colds, mom has been coughing everyday. I rarely get sick thank God.

Packing and moving today and tomorrow, I am back on track with logging and goal hitting although I didn’t get my steps in yesterday but was very active, just confined to a small space, but we got my moms living room all set up and I ended up rearranging the furniture in her spare room to make it a bit more spacious.

Going to try to find my weighin notebook and do an over all update before the night is done!!! Let have a great December friends!!!
  • hlnnan
    hlnnan Posts: 19 Member
    @Katmary71
    You do much better than me! I am self concious about exercise even in only my own company :s but as you say it should fade if I persist. I am only trying exercises at home and walking af the moment.
This discussion has been closed.