What's on your mind?

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,531 Member
    It bothers me that this emoji doesn't walk forward 🚶‍♀️ whyyyy???
    She is reheating her fries
    Or on her way to the freezer to get ice cream
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    Wondering what it's like to wake up feeling refreshed from a solid night's sleep.

I wanna be that person that doesn't need 3 alarms, doesn't hit snooze 5 times, doesn't need a big cup of slap me in the *kitten* face when I roll outta bed.

Is that too much to ask?!
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Wondering what it's like to wake up feeling refreshed from a solid night's sleep.

I wanna be that person that doesn't need 3 alarms, doesn't hit snooze 5 times, doesn't need a big cup of slap me in the *kitten* face when I roll outta bed.

I get up right away & then take an hour to get moving. The only time I feel refreshed is when I can sleep as long as I want without guilt & without interruption. That has happened approximately three times in the past 25 years. I am so *kitten* exhausted most of the time & it’s pure will & stress that keep me moving. Most days I fantasize about a nice dark hobbit hole where there are no obligations & I can just lie still & quiet. TMI?
  • Peachesnstuff

I get up right away & then take an hour to get moving. The only time I feel refreshed is when I can sleep as long as I want without guilt & without interruption. That has happened approximately three times in the past 25 years. I am so *kitten* exhausted most of the time & it’s pure will & stress that keep me moving. Most days I fantasize about a nice dark hobbit hole where there are no obligations & I can just lie still & quiet. TMI?

Not at all. I could have easily written this word for word....minus the dark hobbit hole 😂
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,132 Member
    My first volunteer driver should be fun on Monday. The wife of the man I'm taking was super chatty and will be coming along pluses I get to drive them downtown so I can go see the Christmas windows or maybe even go skate
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    I need to find balance. My ability to get too attached to my dying patients is really weighing heavy on me.

I know no other way, it's who I am as a person and would want the same care for anyone that I loved.

It's hard not to take my work home with me at the end of the day.

If I find myself in that position, it is a person like you I pray for to take care of me 🤗🤗
  • Peachesnstuff
    Tigg_er wrote: »
    I need to find balance. My ability to get too attached to my dying patients is really weighing heavy on me.

I know no other way, it's who I am as a person and would want the same care for anyone that I loved.

If I find myself in that position, it is a person like you I pray for to take care of me 🤗🤗

This is so damn sweet. Thank you!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member

My mother was a registered nurse and worked nights. Sometimes she'd be called to special--stay in a dying person's room. I once asked her if she was afraid to be there when a person died. She looked at me and said "No, I consider it a privilege to be there, and to comfort the family".
  • TwitchyMagee
    There comes a time when you just have to let go & allow people to wallow in their own ignorance
  • TwitchyMagee
    I made a mistake at work today & I didn’t know it was a mistake at the time & this is why I shouldn’t be allowed to make decisions & now I get to feel this pressure in my chest for a week
  • Peachesnstuff
    I made a mistake at work today & I didn’t know it was a mistake at the time & this is why I shouldn’t be allowed to make decisions & now I get to feel this pressure in my chest for a week

☹️♥️
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,031 Member
    edited November 2022

Tbh - most of the chit I’ve learned from any job is by ducking something up- now during your year end review you can list not afraid to make mistakes as a strength - that my friend is a silver lining
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited November 2022
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Tbh - most of the chit I’ve learned from any job is by ducking something up- now during your year end review you can list not afraid to make mistakes as a strength - that my friend is a silver lining
    I will never not be afraid to make mistakes

ETA: & I think most bosses want you to be afraid to make mistakes
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

I will never not be afraid to make mistakes

ETA: & I think most bosses want you to be afraid to make mistakes

And most bosses don’t know chit 🤷‍♂️
  • cowsfan12
    SF really getting Robocops - like what In dafaq we doin ??
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,132 Member
    I had a bunch of Lego points to use!!!! Hooray for free Lego, got some fun sets for some toy drives I needed toys for
  • TwitchyMagee

I think I need to take a lot of this back because it’s not completely true. I think I’m having some depression right now which is darkening my perspective. Honestly, when I guard my boundaries around sleep and I’m careful about caffeine I do feel quite refreshed after a good nights sleep. It requires work though and I’m not very good about being consistent with it.

• IslandGal3
    IslandGal3 Posts: 224 Member

Hugs ♥️