WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2022

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,080 Member
    Karen the weighted blanket is a great idea! I’ll check into getting him one.

💕 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,553 Member
    Morning ladies
    Nasty cold..but wearing a mask and still watching Miles.. and have my nephrologist appointment this afternoon come hell or high water...

I'm sorry you're sick. Let us know how your appointment goes. I have one scheduled in February. Has anyone made dietary recommendations for you to follow?

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,956 Member
    I started logging my water. There is room for improvement!

Annie in Delaware
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Worked so no formal exercise. I will probably go to the gym tomorrow a.m. and use the stairstepper. Then I just need to stop at BK for about ½ hr

Ornaments – we have one that we put on the tree every year. Vince bought it when he was 7! So you know that it’s over 60 years old

Tracey – OH NO, that broken ornament. I would be crying for sure. We have a tree made of macrame that MIL made

Lanette – regarding predicting weather, another thing the weather channel might do is look out the window.

Allie – good luck at your appt.

It’s cleared up (was raining this morning) so I think I’ll go for a walk but just around the block since I really don’t want to walk in wet grass.

Oh, water is dripping again at BK. Jerry jury-rigged it to help that water doesn’t get into the food. Not sure how much that helped. It still dripped down on me. I was laughing to him (this makes him feel good) that I was going to attach my umbrella to my hat.

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited November 2022
    Today is November 30th & it is the last day of this month. Tomorrow will be December 1, 2022. I’m looking forward to it. 🎄
  • Anniesquats100
    This is my third day on the mango smoothie version of my diet. Do I look skinny yet? Lol I am doing better at intelligent snacking. Today I had a tilapia filet for 100 calories where I used to eat cookies. I won't weigh myself until Friday though.

I microwaved the mango chunks this time to make it easier on my little blender. The resulting drink is still chilled but not icy. So that works.

Off to do some walking. My shoulder is much better, just gently sore instead of yesterday's huge tweaks of pain. But I'm still holding off on the yoga and dumbbells until next week.

I ordered some dishes from Amazon. It feels weird to take over that function from my mother, but it's just another step in the transition.

Annie in Delaware, who has a pot roast simmering for dinner.
  • exermom
    Allie - I hate those stupid bracelets, too. They can just ask me my name, they really don't need to scan. Last time I was at the hosp. they did cut it off for me

Michele NC
    who is off to bowling
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,636 Member
    Back from the Dr.. sheesh what a hairy rainy windy drive home.. but got here safely.. made myself some tomato rice soup and took some cold meds.. im tucked in now with Alfie..
    Like the new Dr.. he is 1/2 my age lol but nice and my levels have been stable for a couple of years so i get bloodwork and go see him in 4 months..
  • Anniesquats100
    Yay Chispas! I wish I could walk six miles! I can do thirty minutes, so maybe a mile and a half.

I tried tracking my water today, and fell short. Usually I finish strong right before a deadline, but that would mean big gulps of water right before bedtime. Nope.

Annie in Delaware
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,877 Member
    :) My two hour nap this afternoon was delightful and threw my schedule off. Here is the new thread for December. See you there.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10878775/women-ages-50-for-december-2022/p1?new=1
  • exermom
    Allie – so glad the MD appt. went so well. Sorry you had such a hairy drive, tho

Going to go to the gym tomorrow

katla – how wonderful for you!

Michele NC
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,553 Member
    This is fantastic news, Katla. I am so happy for you!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,431 Member
    Yay Chispas! I wish I could walk six miles! I can do thirty minutes, so maybe a mile and a half.

I tried tracking my water today, and fell short. Usually I finish strong right before a deadline, but that would mean big gulps of water right before bedtime. Nope.

Annie in Delaware

Keep trucking, you’ll get there
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    Allie - I hate those stupid bracelets, too. They can just ask me my name, they really don't need to scan. Last time I was at the hosp. they did cut it off for me

Michele NC
    who is off to bowling

Data Integrity.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,927 Member
    I’ve speed read the last few November pages.

Katla: 👍🏻 That is such good news👌🏻

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

💕💖💕 to all

☘️ Terri