What irks you today?

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    When someone says "we need to talk later."

Nope! We'll talk rn because I'll be throwing up in the bathroom for the next several hours.

If i tell someone we will talk later its for their benefit because it means we are in a situation where the talk may be embarrasing and its a conversation not meant for others to hear. If they get persistent about talking right then and now, ill do it and if they feel a certain way about it its on them.

If someone says it to me, my response is sure, ill let you know when im available, come see me then.

I'd prefer to know what exactly it is we need to discuss, otherwise my mind immediately goes to "*kitten*, it's something bad." Then I start to worry.

"We need to talk later" is much to vague for me.

Yep.. my mind also goes to "its something bad" immediately.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    When someone says "we need to talk later."

Nope! We'll talk rn because I'll be throwing up in the bathroom for the next several hours.

If i tell someone we will talk later its for their benefit because it means we are in a situation where the talk may be embarrasing and its a conversation not meant for others to hear. If they get persistent about talking right then and now, ill do it and if they feel a certain way about it its on them.

If someone says it to me, my response is sure, ill let you know when im available, come see me then.

I'd prefer to know what exactly it is we need to discuss, otherwise my mind immediately goes to "*kitten*, it's something bad." Then I start to worry.

"We need to talk later" is much to vague for me.

My boss likes to leave for the day, then immediately send me a meeting invite for 9am the next morning, in his office, with just the title "Discussion". And no other comments.

I used to worry about it, but after 25 years of working for the guy, I realise that it's just his weird style.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    That my partner peeled away as I was walking out with all my carts. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Cater the flight yourself then. There is no way I could have went faster. Plus, he could have communicated something to me, anything at all. Nope, just leave. I’ve only been in the exact same spot putting my carts together. It’s not like I was hard to reach. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
  • OpheliaCooter
    That my partner peeled away as I was walking out with all my carts. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Cater the flight yourself then. There is no way I could have went faster. Plus, he could have communicated something to me, anything at all. Nope, just leave. I’ve only been in the exact same spot putting my carts together. It’s not like I was hard to reach. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Actually somebody else pulled the truck away so I no longer am mad at my work partner but at the no face person who pulled the truck away. 😌
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member

Actually somebody else pulled the truck away so I no longer am mad at my work partner but at the no face person who pulled the truck away. 😌

wynp5vrhu2iy.gif
  • OpheliaCooter
    glassyo wrote: »

wynp5vrhu2iy.gif

You know what? It is pms week so I may as well. 😂
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    My supervisor screwed up my schedule and I'm sitting in a parking lot for the next 1.5 hours before I go to my next case. It's cold, it's windy and rainy. I could totally be out walking, but instead I'm curled up like a pretzel in my car.
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Energetic people
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,025 Member
    Energetic people

😬
  • TwitchyMagee
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Energetic people

😬

Calm your *kitten* down & pace yourself ❤️😂
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited December 2022
    I was craving a fountain soda yesterday so I went to the kwik fill but my soda tasted moldy & I had to throw it away. Then I bought one from McDonald’s and it too tasted moldy. Is it me? Or is no one cleaning the lines anymore? McDonald’s fountain soda used to be so good. I’m sad & irked & drinking my diet soda from a bottle
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,025 Member
    I was craving a fountain soda yesterday so I went to the kwik fill but my soda tasted moldy & I had to throw it away. Then I bought one from McDonald’s and it too tasted moldy. Is it me? Or is no one cleaning the lines anymore? McDonald’s fountain soda used to be so good. I’m sad & irked & drinking my diet soda from a bottle

Prolly not just you
  • Peachesnstuff

I can't drink more that two sips of soda, any carbonated drink makes me feel swishy and bloated. The only time I drink it is with pizza, even then I order it and take two sips before tossing it
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member

Ew. I buy fountain drinks twice a day (well, for one I do the Circle K Sip n Save deal. $5.99 a month for one free drink a day) and don't think they've ever been moldy. The worst (and I finally found my limit) was yesterday's no ice and slightly warm soda. The condensation has been broken but I'm fine with that.
  • TwitchyMagee
    glassyo wrote: »

Ew. I buy fountain drinks twice a day (well, for one I do the Circle K Sip n Save deal. $5.99 a month for one free drink a day) and don't think they've ever been moldy. The worst (and I finally found my limit) was yesterday's no ice and slightly warm soda. The condensation has been broken but I'm fine with that.
    Oh no! The ice is the best part!
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,521 Member
    edited December 2022
    I bought a new suitcase thinking it would be in between - size wise - the two I already own. Got home and discovered it's exactly the same size as my smaller one. Now, not only do I have to make a return either today or after I get back on the 16th, but I still need a slightly bigger suitcase than what I currently own. I'm concerned my big suitcase is too large for taxis (and some hotel elevators!) in Europe... and my smaller one is too small for 6 days worth of clothes.) Small irk, but still...
  • SunflowerQueen36
    SunflowerQueen36 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Even tho it is Friday - I am very irked that I was able to work from home yesterday, but had to come in to the office today.
  • TwitchyMagee
    People up my butt on line at DG
  • Peachesnstuff
    edited December 2022
    People up my butt on line at DG

What's DG?? I want one