Shape Shifters Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2022

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    Hey ya'll...another incredibly busy day...sick colleague was back but by 11am had to go home...fever...other colleague still on vacation so it was just me and the boss and lots of trouble tickets! I'm exhausted. Feet are hurting today...going to bed now. Got another full two days to get through.

Hope ya'll had a great day!
    Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    edited December 2022
    I hope you were able to get some rest and feel refreshed today @jessicakrall8. Here’s today’s weigh in:

Name: PatriceFitnessPal
    Weigh-in Day: Thursday
    PW: 130.5
    CW: 130.3

SW: 168
    LTD: 37.7

I’m looking forward to a fresh start with the new month. Best wishes, Shape Shifters!
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 192 Member
    Welcome to this amazing group, @TexanMom8152 and @krissmisskross !
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 192 Member
    pedal__power
    Fridays
    PW: 197.4
    CW: 196.6

Checking in a day early as we have friends visiting tomorrow and through the weekend. I'm finally fully recovered from being sick and had a good week of exercise. Did lots of walking, went for a couple jogs and enjoyed several ice times coaching my youngest's team and playing with my with my women's team. However, my diet was not stellar this week and I snacked on junk food every day and got back in old habits of unnecessary snacking late at night :( I suspect the lower weight today is because I was dehydrated this morning after playing hockey last night.

Patrice, I'm appreciating your encouragement about setting goals. I'm feeling like I need to set some for December and will have a think about those for my intro post. But, wow, I can't believe it's December 1st today!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    Started the new month by a half mile walk this morning and two mini walks this evening...total of 1.28 miles. I'm going to keep my goal at 35 miles of intentional walking this month because my feet are really giving me grief lately, so I don't want to push and be in too much pain.

Busy day at the office today, so hoping for a lighter one tomorrow...cross your fingers for me!

Jessica
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,782 Member
    Angmarie28
    Wednesdays
    Previous weight-167.2
    Current weight-168.8
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,782 Member
    Hey everyone, its been an incredibly long week. Half my residents are super sick and now its hitting staff. We had 3 people out sick Tuesday, so i worked 9 hours short staffed, then we had someone quit suddenly that day, so they were desperate for someone to cover her over night shift, no one responded, so they asked me to, which i did, but im exhausted still, but cant sleep, and now i thing i might be comong down with the crud, ugh. Hopefully its just from being over worked, and not the sickness going around.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,542 Member
    Steps (sorry for the long list)
    26 Nov: 15.089
    27 Nov: 15.061
    28 Nov: 14.824
    29 Nov: 14.652
    30 Nov: 14.424
    1 Dec: 14.310
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    @angmarie28 - It’s always amazing to me when medical supervisors push health practitioners to work such long hours! They know more than the average person how harmful it is to work on limited sleep. We’re in a real crisis in the health and education fields due to burnout, overwork, and ignoring what we know about good practice. At least young people seem to be insisting that we change the system to create more life balance. I don’t think quitting on the spot (like your co-worker did) is the answer but we need to work together to find better solutions following everything we are learning from our experiences with COVID and research on productivity, etc.

@jessicakrall8 & @Pupowl — Great job on the steps/ walking. I’m thinking about getting a watch that tracks my activity in the new year — because you all motivate me so much with your consistent movement! I don’t usually like things on my wrist but I’m not so averse that I can’t stand it. I know I’ll get used to it once I wear it awhile. My husband gets irritated that the one he bought requires frequent charging so I’ll also have to build the habit of charging it while I’m sitting at the computer. I’m interested in monitoring my sleep more accurately so I prefer not to charge it at night. We’ll see —

@pedal__power - I’m glad you’re feeling better and back in the ice. I love hearing about your hockey team. I would love to play — so inspiring!
    I’ll look forward to seeing what goals you decide to set. Yesterday, I didn’t do too well with my new goals for the month, which I’ll cover in my next post —

Best wishes, Shape Shifters!

• PatriceFitnessPal
    For the month of December, I am concentrating on (1) better tracking of my meals, (2) adding more protein, and (3) increasing my strength and flexibility.

(1) I tracked well through lunch so I’ll just need to keep that momentum while improving my tracking later in the day. Right now, I’m not worrying about whether I exceed my calorie target or not; I just want to face it and keep tracking, so I can reflect on what’s happening.

(2) This mirrored my tracking. I had a decent balance of protein in the morning and decided to add peanut butter to my banana when selecting a snack, but I didn’t meet my protein goal as I moved through the day. My target is 20 percent protein so it wasn’t too bad at 17, so I’ll continue to work on this area.

(3) Although I signed up for a winter conditioning with my rowing group, I’m injured right now. So, I showed up on Tuesday (first day) to pay the fee but scheduled a massage and acupuncture instead of joining the workout sessions this week. I’m glad the treatment is covered by my insurance - except for the co-pay - because I already hate missing exercise classes that are already paid. Staying healthy can feel expensive but it’s still a lot cheaper than being unhealthy! I think it’s interesting that I injured my back/hip after I gained weight beyond my target range 🤔🧐🤔 …

I also said I was going to set some phone alarm reminders to build the habit of joining yoga sessions at my gym, but I haven’t done that yet. Yoga will be a good way to improve my sciatica and get some exercise while I recover. So, I’ll set those alarms right now! Let’s get those goals!!
  • Pupowl
    @PatriceFitnessPal
    I really like my fitbit. Probably one of the best purchases of my life. It has made me a lot more active than before. I charge mine in the evening before bed when my stepgoal is met. It usually lasts around 6/7 days on a full charge. I hate wearing any kind of jewelry and never owned a watch, but the fitbit wasn't a bother for me so you should be fine. I would say that the elastic fabric bands I got from amazon are much more comfortable than the original rubber bands. Less sweaty too.
    Good luck with your December goals and I hope your injury will go away soon!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,151 Member
    Daily step goal: 7,000
    Tue 11/29: 18,400
    Wed 11/30: 18,659
    Thu 12/1: 10,755

• frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,151 Member
    edited December 2022
    frankwbrown
    November week 5
    Weigh in day: Friday, December 2
    PW: 229.1
    CW: 231.4 ( gained 2.3 lbs; 1.0%) this week
    LTD: ( gained 5.8 lbs; 2.6%) this month

I'm really disappointed in myself this month. December won't be any easier as I have a brother coming to visit for a week and then there's Christmas coming up. But I'm determined to get back below 230 at least.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Mulecanter
    Friday
    PW: 223
    CW: 223
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    @SavageMrsMoose

Friday

PW: 166.0
    CW: 166.4

change of scale, vacation, birthday, travel.... Not too bad all things considered!
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 271 Member
    @jessicakrall8

first name: Sharon
    favorite place to walk: Coleman Park or The Mall
    daily step goal: 5000
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    Morning all and thank you for the warm welcomes.

My name is Julie and I live in Keller, just a little north of Fort Worth. I'm 54, soon to be 55, have been married for 33 years and have an 18 year old son (Jason) at Texas Tech. I'm looking to lose weight to be more healthy and more mobile. During Covid, my position was converted to a remote work from home. On the plus side, the commute is very easy. On the minus side, access to the refrigerator and pantry didn't do me any favors.

Tuesday is my weigh in day, and I know that I am not part of the game yet, but wanted to share as I am a bit higher that the number I gave yesterday when signing up.

CW 244.2

As part of our weight loss journey, we purchased a new scale that does the whole body statics. I don't know how accurate they are but it is cool to see the changes.

2vel9grm8efv.jpg

Thanksgiving was a rough time for us, we had gone to our house close to Lubbock for the week. Jason's dorm roommate was going to spend the holiday with us. His dad called on Tuesday to see if he could come out as well and we said the more the merrier. His dad was killed in a car accident on Wednesday morning. We spent the rest of the day Wednesday, trying to get Jason's roommate home. Jason is going to be driving in next weekend for the funeral on Saturday. My goal for the next few weeks is to not stress eat.

I am looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Julie, we are neighbors! I live in north FW and my kids both went to Keller Central HS. I am so sorry to hear about the accident-I know that had to be so difficult for all involved.

I haven’t been on here much lately-stress, injuries and a bedroom makeover project have pulled me off track. Realistically, I am going to be treading water at best during December so I’m probably not going to be on here much until January. But we need to become buddies!

• cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 197.5
    CW 196.5
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl
    Saturday weigh in
    PW: 226.6
    CW: 225.7
    Again not great. I had two bad days this week on Wednesday and Thursday. Wed was mostly emo eating and Thur I was just constantly hungry, but I did track everything that day. I wasn't sure I would be able to get a loss at all this week, so I am relieved it at least went down a bit. I am a little behind schedule now so I will try to have perfect food days for the whole of December. I had only 6 days over my calorie goal for November so I think I can do it!
    Steps 2 Dec: 14.579
    I would like to join the step challenge again as usual with 14.000 steps, thank you.
    Happy Saturday everyone <3
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 907 Member
    Izzyred9400
    Sat weigh in
    PW 137.8
    CW 136.6
    My steps,a bit lower than normal.I wasn't well on Wednesday & spent most of the day in bed.Ive also had some worrying symptons & had to check in with the dreaded gynaecologist.Nothing too serious thank God got to go back in 6 weeks time.
    My steps
    11/29 5,356
    11/30 2,139
    12/1 10,716
    @jessicakrall8 please could you put me down for the December Step challenge 14,000 steps.Hopefully my Garmin activity watch replacement will arrive soon.
This discussion has been closed.