What's on your mind?

Replies

• OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Bruh, these boys in catering are a different breed than the ramp. Much nicer and helpful. I’m not used to people helping me. People are talking to me and saying hello. I think I’ve been better at being social too. Plus everyone’s been asking me if I’m married and/or have kids which I’m not/don’t so I feel like that might be a motivador for some. I don’t mind!
    FrEsH mEaT
    I noticed the other girl who started here with me has a fan club too. 😂

👹👹👹👹👹<~the boys plotting
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    Wondering what it's like to wake up feeling refreshed from a solid night's sleep.

I wanna be that person that doesn't need 3 alarms, doesn't hit snooze 5 times, doesn't need a big cup of slap me in the *kitten* face when I roll outta bed.

Is that too much to ask?!

I think i would annoy you. I dont sleep much at all but i think its good sleep because i wake up pretty easily and fairly alert every morning. I get up everyday between 4 and 4:30am to start my day with a workout and take care of my animals before work. Its my favorite part of the day. i think maybe thats why getting out of bed alert and usually in a good mood happens for me. I know for those first 2 plus hours of the day its all my time and nobody is looking for me or needing anything. By 7am my day becomes fast moving and chaotic and and i no longer have that "me" time. I think sleep is good but i enjoy being awake more. Especially early mornings.

Annoy? No
    Jealous? Yes

I suffered through years of insomnia after losing my Dad. My sleep pattern was - lay down, stare at the clock til I fell asleep, wake up an hour later, stare at the clock for a few hours...by 3 a.m. I'd just give up until I needed to get ready for work. Averaging about 2 - 3 hours of sleep, which wasn't sufficient for a clear head.

Things have definitely improved, but I toss and turn a lot during the evening. I think I just need to hit the floor running...or accept the fact that this is just the way it's going to be for me. It's a huge improvement, but it's not ideal.

Thats tough going. I get about 5 to 6 hrs sleep a night. Getting only 2 or 3 would be rough. Im sorry for the loss of your dad, and im sorry you deal with insomnia. Those things feeding off each other must be torture. I wish i was smart enough to have solutions for you, but i commend you fighting through it and at least getting some sense of improvement. Im hoping it continues. I have a lot of respect for you.
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    Wondering what it's like to wake up feeling refreshed from a solid night's sleep.

I wanna be that person that doesn't need 3 alarms, doesn't hit snooze 5 times, doesn't need a big cup of slap me in the *kitten* face when I roll outta bed.

Is that too much to ask?!

I think i would annoy you. I dont sleep much at all but i think its good sleep because i wake up pretty easily and fairly alert every morning. I get up everyday between 4 and 4:30am to start my day with a workout and take care of my animals before work. Its my favorite part of the day. i think maybe thats why getting out of bed alert and usually in a good mood happens for me. I know for those first 2 plus hours of the day its all my time and nobody is looking for me or needing anything. By 7am my day becomes fast moving and chaotic and and i no longer have that "me" time. I think sleep is good but i enjoy being awake more. Especially early mornings.

Annoy? No
    Jealous? Yes

I suffered through years of insomnia after losing my Dad. My sleep pattern was - lay down, stare at the clock til I fell asleep, wake up an hour later, stare at the clock for a few hours...by 3 a.m. I'd just give up until I needed to get ready for work. Averaging about 2 - 3 hours of sleep, which wasn't sufficient for a clear head.

Things have definitely improved, but I toss and turn a lot during the evening. I think I just need to hit the floor running...or accept the fact that this is just the way it's going to be for me. It's a huge improvement, but it's not ideal.

Thats tough going. I get about 5 to 6 hrs sleep a night. Getting only 2 or 3 would be rough. Im sorry for the loss of your dad, and im sorry you deal with insomnia. Those things feeding off each other must be torture. I wish i was smart enough to have solutions for you, but i commend you fighting through it and at least getting some sense of improvement. Im hoping it continues. I have a lot of respect for you.

This means a lot to me. Thank you for such kind words.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,154 Member
    My boy introduced me to a girl today at his art festival!!!!! She was cute....and tall. I never felt short until I got around teenagers
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,039 Member
    I miss 24hr Walmart - waiting til 6 to open is not optimal for my day - c’mon man -
  • Peachesnstuff
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    I miss 24hr Walmart - waiting til 6 to open is not optimal for my day - c’mon man -

Shopping at 6 a.m.? Go tf back to sleep!! 😂

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    I just heard a fellow say I ain’t the worlds manliest man and he wasn’t trying to paraphrase the kinks but I’m going to have that song in my head rest of the day
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,154 Member
    My boy just reminded me of when we walked in the Santa Claus parade, the parade marshal marshalling my group was so strict. He wanted us perfect for going by the tv cameras and the children's hospital 😂
  • cowsfan12

My daughter needed some crap for a bake sale and didn’t tell me til this morning- so… but either way I was already up and workout complete - before 6 😉
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,647 Member
    edited December 2022

My daughter needed some crap for a bake sale and didn’t tell me til this morning- so… but either way I was already up and workout complete - before 6 😉
    That's a perfectly good reason to be at Walmart at 6am.
  • Peachesnstuff

Such a great Dad ❤️
  • Peachesnstuff
    edited December 2022
    Ya ever wanna buy a large pizza and just eat the crust?

Me neither!
  • cowsfan12

Me neither!

No but I do wanna eat the damn thing myself
  • Peachesnstuff

Me neither!

We have several places here that offer you a free t shirt if you eat the whole pie

C'mon ova
  • cowsfan12

Me neither!

We have several places here that offer you a free t shirt if you eat the whole pie

C'mon ova

Challenge accepted

• Peachesnstuff

Me neither!

C'mon ova

Challenge accepted

Only if I can keep the shirt, and sit 6 inches from your face as your stuffing it. Eye contact!!!
  • TwitchyMagee
    6k21y6jxrubf.jpeg
  • Peachesnstuff
    6k21y6jxrubf.jpeg

Wtf is this? Brisket?????
  • TwitchyMagee
    6k21y6jxrubf.jpeg

Wtf is this? Brisket?????
    Rouladen