I want to be consistent with this!

Wanting to learn more about what food choices are best as a vegetarian while getting all of the necessary proteins, fats, and carbs!

Replies

• Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    I'ma huge proponent of CICO, eat your calories, get your protein, and make sure you don't overeat. Getting in as much protein as we need is hard, unless you're a fan of choking down endless chicken breasts, no matter how perfectly juicy they're cooked.

At some point your body turns into the cookie monster and.. om nom nom nom
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,721 Member
    I've been vegetarian for over 48 years: It isn't difficult to get enough protein IMO (even with zero chicken breasts 🤣). And protein isn't the only important thing, of course.

Logging what you eat makes it easier to get good overall nutrition, so MFP is a good tool.

This is a useful resource for science-based nutritional advice:

https://veganhealth.org/

There's a lot of biased nonsense on the web about vegan/vegetarian nutrition - more advocacy than science - but this one is good, for vegans and vegetarians alike.

Best wishes!
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 522 Member
    I'm a vegetarian eating a whole foods plant based diet. Feel free to send me a friend request. No, it's not hard to get enough protein at all.
  • Highmtnlady68
    Highmtnlady68 Posts: 19 Member
    My brother was having the same issue trying to get his protein levels up. He did his research and now does a protein shake. I looked on “Pinterest” and got dozens of shake recipes and food recipes that add protein shake powder.