60 yrs and up

Replies

• ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Pdc654 wrote: »
    I reached a milestone today. I have finally reached a healthy BMI of 24.9. It feels so good after being so heavy for so long. When I started my BMI was 41.8. That's into Obese level 3. While I know there are many issues around relying on BMI as a guide, to have finally reached a healthy weight means so much.

That's amazing!! Congratulations from the bottom of my heart ♥️
  • Pdc654
    Pdc654 Posts: 317 Member
    Thank you @ridiculous59.
  • BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,254 Member
    I reached a milestone today. I have finally reached a healthy BMI of 24.9. It feels so good after being so heavy for so long. When I started my BMI was 41.8. That's into Obese level 3. While I know there are many issues around relying on BMI as a guide, to have finally reached a healthy weight means so much.

Fantastic! You go girl 😉🥰 👏 👏
  • Pdc654
    Thank you @BCLadybug888
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    @ridiculous59, thanks for the welcome! Sounds like we both love being out in nature. Your perfect retirement day and mine are very similar!

It's so funny you mentioned "forest bathing." I read about it a while ago, and I find it amusing that it has become an "official thing," as if it were something new and earthshaking.

How is everyone doing this weekend?
  • sandramarshall200
    sandramarshall200 Posts: 106 Member
    Pdc654 wow. What an incredible achievement. Please tell more
  • trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 251 Member
    Congratulations PDC!!! Awesome accomplishment!!
  • Pdc654
    I also have asthma and mild COPD which complicates any respiratory infection I get but otherwise is under control with medication.
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,492 Member

Congratulations! That’s n awesome accomplishment!
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,492 Member
    Well, now I feel like crap 🙃. I started Aug 13/21 and lost fairly good at the beginning but tapered off by Spring and have been fighting over the same 8 lbs or so ever since.

I am still down 40 lbs+ since I began, but currently weigh more than Pdc started at...and had none of the challenges she faced! I think her rate if loss has been stupendous and hats off 👒 to you!

BUT

I am not giving up, not ever again. Logging and posting here has really helped me to stay in the game and NOT start another yoyo cycle.

I am mastering maintenance if nothing else lol. And I know, I know - we can't compare our journey to others...but hopefully y'all can be secretly pleased you're doing better than me! 😘 Don't give up - that option is off the table this time around - join me!

I know what to do, it's just a question of how long I will drag my feet - I concur, the support and advice around here is top notch 👌 CICO and tweaking my food towards whole foods and starting to pay attention to macros is so much easier than the multitude of plans I've tried over the years.

So while my pursuit of a healthy weight is certainly taking longer, I am so much better off than I was, and slowly (obvs) but surely I will keep going on my weight management quest until I am satisfied with my weight, and I will maintain after that. No more falling off the wagon for me - hiccups only - this is my time!

Good attitude BC. Everybody’s journey is there own and we have to find what works best for us. But while it’s an individual journey, we take support, friendship and enjoyment from our friends here on MFP.
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 282 Member
    Hi, everyone. Enjoying reading the posts on here. I'm female, age 72 and back to counting calories. Current weight is 180 and hope to get down to 150. Have decided 1200 calories to start with and may have to adjust that number down a bit. Finding exercise is a challenge in the winter due to our extreme cold conditions (rural Alberta) but try to get out for a walk every day. Good luck to everyone.
  • PatDMuddle
    PatDMuddle Posts: 27 Member
    Good morning, at least it is here in Eastern Australia, though somewhat smokey skies but hey only 33C today (almost 92F). All aboard, the more the merrier, we are all here for the same purpose. This morning while prepping brekky, I was thinking that I had been doing this for months and should be seeing better results and then thought, hang on this is only day 6. Suddenly it seemed like an overwhelming task but I reminded myself to be patient and persistent. Have a productive day wherever you are. B)

I live in Queensland and desperately need some accountability and support friends if you are interested please? I'm 65 yo.
    I don't know how to request or add friends here, sorry.
  • Canadianlass2022
    Canadianlass2022 Posts: 25 Member
    Hi everyone- checking in.
    Love seeing how well everyone has been doing with inner motivation! ❤️

18lbs down in two months is amazing, though recently has slowed down to .8 per week.I think goal still appears achievable🤞

Not so great -YET!- at adding new habits as I go however the downward trend continues so I am doing something right and nudges me forward! 🥴

60 yrs old, 5’2”
    Nov 1: Weight 202 lbs
    Dec 5: Current weight 196.4
    Goal Weight by Jan 31 2023: 187
    (9.4 lbs away from first 2023 milestone)

Have only a few pals and looking for more like minded mfp pals if anyone is interested in sharing encouragement 🤗