Shape Shifters Team Chat - DECEMBER 2022

Replies

• Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 508 Member
    Gm yall. Upward climb on feeling better, def getting there.
    Wi day is Mondays
    Pw216.8
    Cw 217.8

Rainy day here in my corner so swelling and arthritic stiffness. But this too shall pass. I will beat it...always.
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 355 Member
    JenHul
    Monday weigh in day
    PW: 175.5
    CW: 175.3
    LTD: -6.9

Mon 28 steps= 8510
    Tue 29 steps= 9188
    Wed 30 steps= 9854
    Thur 1 steps= 9667
    Fri 2 steps= 7882
    Sat 3 steps= 3127
    Sun 4 steps= 7632

Hello, my first name is Jen, I would like to join December's step Challange. I will keep my step goal at 10,000 please. This time of year, I can really only walk on treadmill of drive 30 mins to a gym to walk around their indoor track (not ideal) So I was thinking of maybe getting "Audible" to listen to great books while I walk on the treadmill. I enjoy listening to music, I 'm just trying to think of something that will keep me motivated. If I get caught up in a good book and only listen while I'm on treadmill, I hoping to start a healthy new habit!
  • ac204
    ac204 Posts: 147 Member
    edited December 2022
    AC204
    Sunday
    PW: 190
    CW: 189.9

@jessicakrall8 please add me to Dec step challenge for 7K/day.

GM Shape Shifters! My name is Anne and I live in Los Angeles area of So California in the U.S. I am a single mom with two boys and my fur baby, Zoey (a Pomchi - Pomeranian/Chihuahua). Between working full-time, starting my coaching career, my boys and all their activities we keep quite busy. If not at my activities for my boys, we're typically with my siblings and/or their families. I have 6 brothers 2 sisters with many, many nieces and nephews and now great nieces and nephews. I'm incredibly blessed to have almost all of them still in So California and quite a few in my neighborhood. So if I'm not with my boys, I'm usually with other family members.

I have been struggling with my weight since I finished college (long, long time ago :smile: ). I was active then and it was easy to keep my weight in check. Once I started an office job and got pregnant so much weight crept on. Then the loss of my dad hit me really hard and next thing I knew my regular weight was 214. I've been trying to lose weight for years now and had several successes only to gain the weight back again. This time around I'm focused on being healthy and learning how to eat the right foods and being more active in general - not just the scale. My goal for this month's challenge is to average 7k steps daily and to continue working on logging my food daily.

Good wishes to all of you with your goals this month!
  • ac204
    ac204 Posts: 147 Member
    @jessicakrall8 I'm so sorry to hear about Hazel Joy! My prayers are with you and her! It's so hard when our babies are sick and away from us. I hope they get a handle on it quickly and she's back home with you soon. xoxo
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    @jessicakrall8 I'm so sorry I'm missing steps and my Friday weigh in. We had a family emergency with my mom (she's 90). She fell and broke her hip and had to have surgery. She is recovering in the hospital now but will need to go to a Skilled nursing facility for rehab. I haven't really thought of much else.

I know it's late but here is my weigh in and steps.

leni1us
    Friday
    PW: 160.0
    CW: 161.2

Steps:
    11/25 8,537
    11/26 7,581
    11/27 7,380
    11/28 9,035
    11/29 9,888
    11/30 14,042

12/1 10,632
    12/2 9,306
    12/3 16,333
    12/4 9,468
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    ac204 wrote: »
    AC204
    Sunday
    PW: 190
    CW: 189.9

@jessicakrall8 please add me to Dec step challenge for 7K/day.

GM Shape Shifters! My name is Anne and I live in Los Angeles area of So California in the U.S. I am a single mom with two boys and my fur baby, Zoey (a Pomchi - Pomeranian/Chihuahua). Between working full-time, starting my coaching career, my boys and all their activities we keep quite busy. If not at my activities for my boys, we're typically with my siblings and/or their families. I have 6 brothers 2 sisters with many, many nieces and nephews and now great nieces and nephews. I'm incredibly blessed to have almost all of them still in So California and quite a few in my neighborhood. So if I'm not with my boys, I'm usually with other family members.

I have been struggling with my weight since I finished college (long, long time ago :smile: ). I was active then and it was easy to keep my weight in check. Once I started an office job and got pregnant so much weight crept on. Then the loss of my dad hit me really hard and next thing I knew my regular weight was 214. I've been trying to lose weight for years now and had several successes only to gain the weight back again. This time around I'm focused on being healthy and learning how to eat the right foods and being more active in general - not just the scale. My goal for this month's challenge is to average 7k steps daily and to continue working on logging my food daily.

Good wishes to all of you with your goals this month!

Welcome @AC204. I too live in the Southern California area. Working in an office environment along with all the celebration parties (retirements, birthdays, showers,) and holiday munching (homemade cookies, candies, donuts) it's hard not to gain weight and being only 5'2", there's nowhere for me to hide it.

I've gained a lot of inspiration from this site. I think you will too.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    leni1us wrote: »
    @jessicakrall8 I'm so sorry I'm missing steps and my Friday weigh in. We had a family emergency with my mom (she's 90). She fell and broke her hip and had to have surgery. She is recovering in the hospital now but will need to go to a Skilled nursing facility for rehab. I haven't really thought of much else.

I know it's late but here is my weigh in and steps.

@leni1us Sorry to hear about your mom. Hope her recovery goes quickly...glad you could be there to support her! No worries, I updated your NWI to LWI and caught up your steps. Got you down for December's challenge...are you keeping the same daily goal or want to update it?

Jessica
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 510 Member
    @jessicakrall8 I'm so sorry for your loss.. I saw this post after I posted on your main wall. It's such a terrible pain to lose a pet, I'm sitting here crying with you. I hope you find comfort knowing you gave her the best life!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,241 Member
    My Hazel Joy passed away a little after noon today. Her blood work showed significant kidney failure and she had cancer. She was having trouble breathing and rather than place her on a ventilator, I asked them to end her pain and let her pass over the rainbow bridge. I'm walking around the house just seeing her favorite spots and can't stop crying. I only had her for two years, but I rescued her from the shelter where she'd been for five years. I gave her the BEST two years I could have given her and she came out of her shell so much. I will always remember her gentle nature and how she was so sweet. When I would be walking through the house to get the last of my steps in during the day, she'd walk and lead me through the house...I will miss her greatly.

Jessica :'(

03hagrjqyhdd.jpg

OMG I'm so so sorry I'm crying as I write this - I know it's hard I still miss my boy from passing in April and my little 9 mo old girl passing away will be 3 yrs on 12/18
    Big hugs ❤️ I'm thinking of you
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,450 Member
    @jessicakrall8
    That is so devastating, I am so sorry to hear there wasn't anything they could do for her. I did not expect it to go so fast when I read your post about the hospital. I hope you were able to say goodbye to her. I had to put a cat down once before and to this day it was the worst experience of my life. I know two years isn't a lot, but you can bet it made a world of difference for Hazel to have a home with you. Hang in there <3
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 508 Member
    My Hazel Joy passed away a little after noon today. Her blood work showed significant kidney failure and she had cancer. She was having trouble breathing and rather than place her on a ventilator, I asked them to end her pain and let her pass over the rainbow bridge. I'm walking around the house just seeing her favorite spots and can't stop crying. I only had her for two years, but I rescued her from the shelter where she'd been for five years. I gave her the BEST two years I could have given her and she came out of her shell so much. I will always remember her gentle nature and how she was so sweet. When I would be walking through the house to get the last of my steps in during the day, she'd walk and lead me through the house...I will miss her greatly.

Jessica :'(

03hagrjqyhdd.jpg

I'm so sorry Jessica. Ik it's hard and you know I lost my best buds just a month ago. I still find myself calling for the old man.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,306 Member
    @jessicakrall8 - I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved cat, Hazel Joy. 🥲

I’m adding my condolences and hope it brings you comfort to reflect on the love and wonderful care you offered Hazel during her time spent with you.

• nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 135 Member
    @jessicakrall8 Im so very sorry to hear about your beautiful baby. Know that we are all thinking about you and sending you warm thoughts and comfort.
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 189 Member
    @jessicakrall8 so sorry to hear about Hazel, sounds like she had her best years with you. I hope she's in the company of all our beloved angel pets now. Thinking of you and the immense grief you must be feeling ♥️
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,778 Member
    Count me back on for the December step challenge. Goal 10,000
    12/1-3,346
    12/2-15,142
    12/3-4,528
    12/4-14,171
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,778 Member
    Hope everyones December is off to is great start. Ive been picking up a lot of shifts, tons of coworkers have been super sick and ive managed to not catch it, so ive been picking up a ton, but the extra pay will be nice for christmas. And ots a very active job, so thats helpful too
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    @jessicakrall8

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I've been absorbed in my own pet issues (Buddy has lost control of his rear legs- I'm in Ft. Collins to have tests done by a vet neurologist) so I haven't been on the group for quite some time.

Again, I'm so sorry- she was a beautiful cat and there are just no words. Virtual Hugs
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    Count me back on for the December step challenge. Goal 10,000
    12/1-3,346
    12/2-15,142
    12/3-4,528
    12/4-14,171

@angmarie28 December's stats began on the 4th, so I have that day recorded and you're all signed up...welcome back to the party!! :blush:
    Jessica
This discussion has been closed.