NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    @gemwolf110 I like that turkey to tree challenge. Sounds fun. Wouldn't it be nice if we just plugged things in and they worked? So far my cordless phone for my mil broke, then my washer broke last night.....you know these things come in threes. I'm hoping something already broke and I just forgot. :D

@trooworld My friend is in Thailand right now. She's having so much fun with all the adventures and the food. I have done the diabetes prevention program by the CDC. It really works if you do the work. Maybe give your hubby some other ideas of how he can show his love besides food. I'm glad you enjoyed the webinar. I liked the article. I need more work on my mindset. Lots of the fixed mindset details fit me. I'm reading the next one after that: Plant Seeds and Pull Weeds in your garden of Life

I got up and did my hill/sprint program this morning. I still need to burn about 60 more calories to reach my 300 goal. Went over my food boundary yesterday. :/ Met my water goal though. I lost a total of 1.2 lbs for the month of November with all the back and forth I was doing. But a loss is a loss. Wish it was more but my actions did not make it possible for it to be more. Too many days I went over my boundary. Not enough days hitting my 300 calorie exercise goal. So on to December.

Urgh up the fabulous threes
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    m8p34miln8ew.jpeg

Can’t believe it is already December! Here’s to a new month leading to a new year!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @theslightedgeforever I would love to go to Thailand. I bet it is fun! This program is through my healthcare provider and isn't connected to the CDC that I know of. Maybe I'll look up the CDC's program, too. Yeah, that's the problem: you have to do the work! :) Yeah I will have to come up with that list of ideas. I didn't read that next article. Great job with the exercise and water! That's great that you lost weight in November, a lot of people probably gain.

@gemwolf110 I know, time flies!

Hi all. I gained 2.6 lbs in the month of November. I have only myself to blame. I will try to improve my actions this next month.

Water yesterday: 40 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!
  • senoritafloridita
    senoritafloridita Posts: 79 Member
    Hi all, trying to catch up here. Though it wasn't the flu/Covid this virus has been a doozy, whatever it was. I've been kinda zonked and had to skip workouts for a week. I'm finally feeling better. Son and I will workout later. Continuing with NS for a 3rd month so far. It's nice how they let you pick meals and you can swap more substantial frozen meals instead of meal bars (for example) and it's all under the same plan price. Doesn't take long to figure out which meals you like. I always supplement the meals with veggies/fruit and have been pretty satisfied that way.
  • trooworld
    @senoritafloridita I was thinking of you. I'm sorry it's been a doozy. I'm glad you are feeling better now. That's a good idea to supplement the frozen meals/bars with veggies/fruits to keep full.

Hi all. I lost 5 lbs this week, all the week I gained last week. I'm very happy. Yesterday, I was working at about 1pm and the HOA's maintenance guy shows up to work on the bathroom drywall. I had no idea he was coming but I wanted him to do it, so I let him in. After he was done, he told me that the HOA wanted him to do the drywall in the living room where we had a leaky window. The drywall has been down there for about 3 years (the leak was just fixed about a month ago) so we very much want to get it done. I'm very happy that it is finally getting done now. I have to hold onto my dog while he is here as she goes nuts when people she doesn't know are in the house. It's going to be hard to get any work done.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @gemwolf110 I said the same thing about December.

@trooworld Just figure out your December plan and make it work. Yaaay on your weight loss. So glad you are getting your drywall fixed.

@senoritafloridita It's good when you are satisfied with a plan. It's so much easier to follow. Glad you are feeling better.

I went to the dr yesterday. I suspected that one of my bp pills was causing my feet to swell. I had been playing dr with myself while I was at my dd's house and was taking that pill every other day. It worked for the most part. So now we changed that medication but it's a less powerful drug so we will see what happens. Although I'm kind of worried I have protein in my urine so we are doing blood tests and urinalysis on Monday. Hope it's nothing serious. I told him it would be nice if I would just eat right, exercise, and lose weight and not take any bp meds. LOL He just smiled. I'm supposed to monitor bp twice a day now instead of one. I'm currently in the 110s/120s so I'm not worried about that but will see what happens.

I have work to do on my habits:

November
    food 18/30 days under calorie goal
    water 15/30 days meeting calorie goal
    exercise 4/30 days burning 300+ calorie goal

• senoritafloridita
    @trooworld appreciate the thoughts. :) That's awesome you got the 5 lbs off! Glad the drywall is finally getting done. Our dog goes bonkers over vacuums like when the cleaning people come - only time she really gets riled, she just sniffs newcomers. She's an 8-yo collie.

@theslightedgeforever Sending good wishes for your blood tests/urinalysis. That's good about your BP. And good luck for your December goals!

We're having our treat meal of the week tonight. I've been craving Japanese all week. Then we're planning to go to a museum where they have amazing Christmas train displays.
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Hi everyone, Been a bit of stress these last few days with my middle child so a bit distracted. Haven’t been tracking but took said son out for morning tea and had only a small taste of his sweets and we left the ice cream on the table so that’s a win 😊. Also opted out if the kranskys for dinner and just had the salad (made a big bowl the other day and have it portioned in the fridge for easy grabbing). Today I’ve done two workouts and some strength and generally been active. Water is still low. Sorry I’m behind on comments. Hope you are al travelling okay.
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Thanks! Yes, I am glad too. It's been too long. Hopefully the change in medication helps. What could cause the protein in the urine, did the doctor say? Yes, it would be nice if we all did this, we would be a lot healthier!

@senoritafloridita That's good your dog is mellow. Mine is a pug and she is mellow unless someone comes in/tries to come in her home and then she goes nuts lol. Your evening out sounds wonderful. I hope you had a good time and enjoyed the Japanese.

@Tamevv That is a win! I had to look up what kranskys was. I would love it, I bet. Good idea to portion the salad out in the fridge.

Hi all. I woke up with another start of a migraine so I took some medication. It's making me nauseous so I'll probably make some ginger tea in a bit. The drywall is up, all he has to do is paint and he's going to do that today. No more debris falling from the ceiling above yay.

• Tamevv
    edited December 2022
    Morning @trooworld I love how we sometimes have to google what each other is talking about 😁. So glad the drywall is getting sorted. You seem to get migraines pretty often - that must really suck ☹️. Hope today turns out okay.

Morning everyone. As you all know, I have been just plodding without focus for a while now. Doing okay in semi-maintenance but think I’ll need to be a bit more intentional this month. So here is the list of things I’m committing to this week (as posted on a challenge board).

1. 1 proper step class minimum every week (Dec)
    2. 2 ltrs water every day
    3. Track all snacks every day. This will be the kicker for me. I was going to try to put numbers on it, but for where I am now that seems to be setting up for failure 🫤. So for week one I just want to monitor and see where I am. Please feel free to ask me about any of these items.

I will of course continue my morning routine and will try to do some kind of strength activity every day. It may be only one set of something, but I can do SOMETHING every day.
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited December 2022
    @senoritafloridita Do you have any December goals? The train displays sound fun. I like seeing things like that.

@tamevv Sometimes life gets in the way. Hope all is well now and you are back to normal stress for December. LOL Sounds like you did really well on the food and exercise. I had to look up kransky too. I always like learning new words. Did you track your snacks yesterday?

@trooworld Two most common reasons for protein in urine is diabetes and high blood pressure. Maybe a little bit of kidney problems. I will see him again on Thursday and see my results. Hopefully all is well. How is your headache?

I have been using an app called Habit Factor. I listen to the guy's podcast and have also read some of his books. I like his approach in that you pick a goal; then pick which habits would be associated with that goal. Then how many days you will work on that goal and target quantities. Instead of saying I'm going to do these 5 habits every day. That's a lot to change all at once. He has you do this for 28 days. Then you track each day. You either did it or not. No halfway did it. At the end of the period, you assess your progress. If you get 85% or over, then you edit your habit by adding another day or adding another glass of water or whatever. Under 85% you keep working on that habit as written for the next 28 days.

My goal was lose 34.5 lbs between Nov and end of June. I have accomplished 3% of that.

This was my habits for November: So the 1st three goals are remaining the same. I added a day to eat vegetables and reduce sugar for a total of 4 days per week.

2ezq2579qm1m.jpeg
  • trooworld
    @Tamevv LOL yes! I am glad about the drywall, too. What do you call drywall in Tasmania? I do get migraines quite often and it does suck. The medication I take often makes me nauseous and so it's kind of a trade-off. But at least most of the time when I get nauseous, I can drink ginger tea and it will take most of it away. I think it's smart to just track your snacks for now, you can up the effort next week and try to reduce the snacks if you wanted but just being aware is good for now. How did you do yesterday? That's a lot of water but will be good for you.

@theslightedgeforever Oh gosh, I hope your results on Thursday are normal. My head is better but I can feel it lurking in the background. That looks like a great app, and congrats on your progress so far! I am installing it on my phone and will try it out. I'm not too good with keeping up with habit tracking apps so we'll see if I use it. How do you activate more than one habit without paying for the app? Or do you pay for the app? I made habits and a goal but 2 out of the 3 habits are not active.

Hi all. I donated plasma at the blood bank yesterday, I usually donate red blood cells but my iron was too low so they had me donate plasma. I was tired already from staying up too late on Saturday so when I came home, I took a long nap. I noticed that I've eaten more fruits and veggies this week, I've averaged 4 servings a day. Last week, I averaged about 3 so that's good.

Water yesterday: 80 oz

• senoritafloridita
    @Tamevv Nice on the good food choices and the commitments for this month.

@trooworld Japanese was delicious! Seaweed salad, sushi with tempura shrimp inside - amazing. Ugh I hate migraines. Good you have meds for them.

@theslightedgeforever for now my goals are to stay 1500 cals or less on MFP, which Nutrisystem has made possible, and to stick to the half-marathon training schedule. I also track all my food. The habit app looks cool.

Son and I did 3 miles yesterday which was great after some sick downtime, and I'm pretty much back on track with the plan. Just sometimes, I get frustrated with how much further I still have to go. I have days of being thrilled with my progress, and then days of discouragement. Par for the course I know...but I wish I could skip the discouragement.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld I don't remember if I paid for this app or not. Sometimes I do and sometimes not. I figure it's usually not much and my health is worth it as I would spend same amount of money for donuts or something. What is the start date of the habits? you are doing great on your f&v and look at that water? I'm not consistent on tracking my habits every single day. I always seem to miss a day but I go back and enter it in. Because I'm keeping track either here or on Fitbit.

So yesterday I met my food and water goal. Rest day for exercise. I've already burned my 300 cals for today. Now to just stay under calories and drink my water.
  • Tamevv
    edited December 2022
    Hi all.

Success yesterday with water and tracking snacks. Today will probably be low on water because I went to the dentist and dont fancy anything at all in my mouth for a while 😞. Yesterday was an average day emotionally and this morning i had a lapse in concentration that will turn into a costly mistake which I feel so guilty and embarrassed about. I know these things happen and I’m being conscious not to turn it into something it’s not, but to say I’m not loving myself right now is an understatement. I have a killer headache which will only get worse when the drugs wear off, so I’m here slothing on the couch feeling sorry for myself. I know exercise is good for me in this mental state but don’t feel up to it physicalḻy. I dunno. Sorry to be a downer today. Will give myself another hour and see how I feel.
  • Tamevv
    Hi again, the act of coming here and writing before was all I needed - stopped wallowing, got off my butt, did some sit-ups and figured out how to drink water with a straw. Managed two litres by bedtime and got both my ticks. The downside is I realised I could also eat if I was careful, so have sucked some chocolate and lemon curd this afternoon. Managed some steamed veggies and a soft egg for dinner. Came in under calorie goal and feel like I can manage work tomorrow (not that I have much choice). Thanks for being a sounding board once again - the mere existence of this board is a good influence on me 😊.
  • trooworld
    @senoritafloridita Oh that sounds amazing, definitely! It's been a while since I've had sushi but I love it. Great job getting back on plan and doing those 3 miles! I get what you are saying, I do too: I have about 65-70 lbs to go and it seems like I'll never get there lol. I try to focus on this week's loss rather than the whole thing but still, it gets frustrating.

@theslightedgeforever Yeah that's a good point. The start date of the habits is yesterday. I figured out my question, it wasn't giving me the option to "save & activate" without signing up for the premium at first but then it did. I am doing great on f&v and water, it takes a constant effort on the water though lol. That's good you can go back and track what you missed. You also are doing great, look at you!

@Tamevv Great job with the water and tracking snacks! Ouch about the dentist, I hope your mouth and your head feel better soon. I'm glad coming here helped. I hope today is a better day for you.

Hi all. Yesterday was a great day: I listened to my body when eating, I stopped when I was full rather than continuing until the bowl was empty. I made McGriddle Chaffles for breakfast, do you know what chaffles are? They are waffles but instead of flour, they are made of egg + cheese. I made two chaffles and put a Morningstar Farms maple-flavored breakfast sausage patty + a piece of cheddar on in between the chaffles and it was like a sandwich. It was really, really good! I also drank enough water and ate 5 servings of f&v.

• theslightedgeforever
    @Tamevv That's great that you were able to use this board for support. Actually you did it all your self since no one had checked in between the two posts. but that's okay. You were able to solve your problem. We all could take a lesson.

@trooworld I'm just trying to concentrate on the next lb. I have about 75 lbs over all too. But too much to think about. Your chaffles sounded good. I tried to make those once and it was a disaster. Your water looks good again and the f&v. I need to get up and get me a cup of water.

I got part of my test results online. :/ I think I'm going to have to go back on carb cycling again. Fasting glucose was 115. But I have to wait until I see the results of the protein part to make the decision. I've done 30 min exercise so far for the day but still need to burn more calories. Strength training doesn't burn very many calories but is good for the metabolism and bones.
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Yeah it's too much to think about, I get overwhelmed. That's too bad that your chaffles were a disaster. Mine have been coming out well. Yes, another good day! I'm sorry about your results. Yeah it's a shame that strength training doesn't burn more calories, in the long run, it burns calories but not so much immediately.

Hi all. I had another good day yesterday. I ate about 3/4 of my lunch before I decided I was done. I ate all of my dinner which was a salad with roasted beets, toasted walnuts, goat cheese, mixed greens and chicken breast with an orange-balsamic vinaigrette that my husband made (it was his turn to cook). It's one of my favorite salads.

• theslightedgeforever
    edited December 2022
    @trooworld Your salad sounded really good. I like salads like that. I'm still trying to educate my hubby that salad can be a meal and not just a starter. Good job on listening to your body's satiety levels. Yaay on your water

Food was in bounds yesterday. I need to do some stretching and will complete my 300+ burned calories. I did some cardio when I woke up. Off to track my habits