Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,530 Member
    edited December 2022
    Made something! A few too many calories possibly. I guess it depends on how I end up using it.

The "unknown" is the lean ground beef and I could have easily gone with vegetarian mince, or pre browned and drained it.

Anyway.
    500g pack of sliced frozen grilled eggplant.
    222g of potatoes
    1g spray.
    500g lean hamburger supposed to be 83% lean or better for designation.
    Shove in oven
    Bake.
    Not impressed so far.
    Move around a bit and add:
    2g garlic powder,
    5g onion powder,
    20g white cheddar seasoning powder,
    couldn't find another likely powder to add so I stopped 😹,
    650ml jar Classico spicy red pepper.
    shove in oven
    Bake.
    Done!

Not sure how many meals or how I will eat... By itself? Next to something? But ready!

x4ghbaxp4b65.jpg

Has bunnies too!!!!

****17 minutes later***

Well... what would you know.... this is a bit of a surprise... bleeping thing actually tastes quite good! maybe even... too good?!?!?!?! And it *IS* just about exactly 2000 Cal for the whole pot! :hushed:
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,581 Member
    Alphabet open...only enough left for two servings (one now :) )
  • The hole is now healed so I'm back to normal eating. I'm not logging quite yet as I'm trying to get to where I can do that again. (Also haven't been weighing.) But I still fit in my hard pants, which is a good enough guide that I'm not doing too bad at maintaining.

I think I've been recomping though, because before I had a waist showing from behind, and now it's beginning to creep round the sides and show in the front. Much more slump to the belly and it's definitely heading below the natural waistline. I think I have some small face gains too, but nothing huge to show off. I do have more energy than I did. So this is definite progress.
  • lauriekallis
    That looks really good, PAV. Much better than the PC Eggplant parmigiana that includes high calorie breaded and deepfriend eggplant cubes. Could probably even go with lentils rather than veggie mince...hmm...
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,803 Member
    Well PAV none of us can compete with Dante’s exquisitely prepared and photographed meals. But that pot of eggplant, spuds, and veggies looks like a nice hearty repast on a cold day. Good work! 👍
    Today was our ladies group annual 🎄Christmas party. There was lasagna, ziti with spinach, garlic bread and millions of cookies 🍪and chocolates 🍫. I tried to restrain a bit but I’m surely at my calorie limit. It was catered so who can tell? All I know is it was buffet style with much cheese 🧀all over.
    And tomorrow I have a cardiologist appointment- I will hang my head in shame….. and go to bed tonight with minimal supper. 😢
  • PAV8888
    Not sure about lentils and myself :)

But my little adventure was barely touched yesterday because I had to go out returning late and ended up grabbing ~750 Cal worth of McD.

Currently I'm very much enjoying my 40% of the ~80% that was left from yesterday :blush: served over 330g of matchstick carrots--everything nuked as appropriate!

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,379 Member
    I made a French Onion meatloaf on Sunday for my dinner and my 4 work lunches this week. It came out a little dry (sadness) so Monday I bought some better than bouillon beef gravy and added two tbsp of gravy mixed with a little water to thin it to each lunch portion! Genius. Adds like 15 calories and makes a world of difference. I slacked and paired it with microwave Steamed Broccoli in cheese sauce, lol. Half a package in each lunch.

Last night I made grilled chicken thigh Taco Salad. Seasoned a pack of chicken thighs with Costco Taco seasoning, grilled, then Chopped into bite sized pieces and served over a bowl of lettuce, red onion, chunky salsa (I didn't have tomatoes), guacamole, reduced fat shredded cheese and light sour cream.

So good.

The red onion was so strong though, that the tbsp I put in my dinner was still being tasted late last night after I'd brushed my teeth and tongue, and mouthwashed.
  • lauriekallis
    edited December 2022
    You fellas are most impressive with your kitchen endeavours.
    I have no idea about supper tonight....soon I'll have that figured out.
  • PAV8888
    But @nicsflyingcircus .. onion is good BECAUSE of its propensity to stick around!:wink: Perhaps maybe NOT quite as much as in your case... :smile:

Nuking the beets. And putting the rest of my stuff from the other day on them! Yesterday ended up out and about again at dinner time and ended up cancelling official dinner time since it turned into butterfinger bar (250), tiny can of pringles (200), plus as small a hot chocolate as I could get at that gas station (10oz... est at about 280). So no room for more :disappointed: :sad puppy:

Today started with a banana... and nuking the bag of beets in two and splitting the "sauce" on top so that I'm ready to go!
  • lauriekallis
    Supper tonight - dal from the freezer on potatoes. I've grown to like it with potatoes rather than the traditional rice. No other veggies - but lunch was a salad so that kind of has the rabbits covered.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    We shared a rib eye steak, roasted potatoes, peas and salad!
  • PAV8888
    potatoes are good! Connie's sounds like a restaurant meal!

I got a cookie attack/sidetrack @ 245g.... I am still evaluating the damage!
  • Yoolypr
    I wanna have what Connie’s having! Unfortunately I’m having PAV’s cookie attack.

Round two of cookie baking this weekend. Then round 3 and cookie decorating next weekend. Mercifully the cookies live in the freezer between baking, decorating and distribution. The sad part is that even a frozen butter cookie is very, very tasty.
    Can’t wait til the cookies find their new homes (victims)!
  • PAV8888
    edited December 2022
    The last cookie box shipping package of gift cookie boxes (4/4) has arrived. A total of 42lbs minus (245g assorted cookies+ 94g coconut snowballs) are in the house.

I'm in trouble!

Where is the list of who they're supposed to be going to--maybe that way I can avoid sampling, testing, and repurposing??!?!
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 475 Member
    edited December 2022
    Made some mini Σουτζουκάκια (Greek meatballs) with rice today! It's been a while since last time I had some.

j7mEMiK.jpg

jN98uVx.jpg

Delicious, and not too heavy (620kcal for the dish above) ! :*

• PAV8888
    One of us consistently makes awesome looking dishes @Dante_80 ! :wink:

Pretty tame/lame over here. Warmish beet salad. With lots of onion and mixed pickles. And cookies. Pretty sure I'm over on calories. And I don't think it's the salad...
  • lauriekallis
    I had beets yesterday too. Just quartered beets - no salad - from the freezer. They are so delicious. And some dal (the less spicey dal in my freezer) over potatoes.
  • lauriekallis
    I think there might be something very important in creating and photographing delicious plates. Rather than just scoffing down too much poor food - celebrate well prepared, nutritious, delicious meals. I'm going to put some effort into that, Dante. Thank you for the inspiration.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,241 Member
    Dinner tonight is going to be a hibachi bowl. So rice, teriyaki chicken, mushrooms, broccoli, and sweet carrots. Simple, tasty, a good amount of veggies, and comforting. This is always a go to for me when I don't know what else to make or I want a simple meal on the plan.

As I am working on actual work tasks, I am also kinda making a plan for myself and what I need to focus on. Things like portion control or more fruits and veggies. Simple changes I can make to help get my diet under control.
  • Yoolypr
    Dante’s lovely meals reminded me of the importance of making eating a mindful event. It is psychologically nourishing and satisfying to sit down to a nicely prepared and presented meal.
    I think too often I just slap something down on a plate and mindlessly eat. The whole thing is eaten and forgotten in minutes. It’s not necessarily a bad meal. However taking the time to consciously make the meal more of a special, relaxing time would certainly add to better management.