What irks you today?

Replies

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    When people read into the words I’ve said rather than taking them at face value.

I believe it's up to interpretation of the listener. Some people don't trust easily, and believe there are at times ulterior motives hidden in between those lines. You're not at fault in this scenario, obviously
    Communication is definitely a two way street.

Is that sarcasm?

ETA - I'm sorry, that may not go over very well but I'm in a feisty mood

PS I ❤️ U
    No! 😂 not sarcasm. I am sometimes sarcastic but it is usually super obvious because it does not come naturally to me
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    When people read into the words I’ve said rather than taking them at face value.

I believe it's up to interpretation of the listener. Some people don't trust easily, and believe there are at times ulterior motives hidden in between those lines. You're not at fault in this scenario, obviously

Is that sarcasm?

PS I ❤️ U
    No! 😂 not sarcasm. I am sometimes sarcastic but it is usually super obvious because it does not come naturally to me

Sarcasm is my love language
  • TwitchyMagee

Is that sarcasm?

PS I ❤️ U

Sarcasm is my love language
    🤦‍♀️🥸

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    My sarcasm comes off as straight bitchy these days, I think :)

Alllllllllsoo, irked cuz my boss was in before me today. He's only here for a couple hours but it puts a crimp in my "pacing the office while working on my tablet" style and I didn't get my "I exercise way too much" walking dvd in this morning and it's just weird to see him here this early when he doesn't usually get here until like 11:00 or 12:00.
  • TwitchyMagee
    glassyo wrote: »

Alllllllllsoo, irked cuz my boss was in before me today. He's only here for a couple hours but it puts a crimp in my "pacing the office while working on my tablet" style and I didn't get my "I exercise way too much" walking dvd in this morning and it's just weird to see him here this early when he doesn't usually get here until like 11:00 or 12:00.
    You’re me
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,406 Member
    I generally try to stay irk-free but today someone is holding an emergency meeting in the break room where my breakfast is waiting patiently in the fridge. Me, on the other hand…not patient. It’s 11am and me is hunnnnggrryyy.
  • Kenn1414
    Kenn1414 Posts: 389 Member
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    I generally try to stay irk-free but today someone is holding an emergency meeting in the break room where my breakfast is waiting patiently in the fridge. Me, on the other hand…not patient. It’s 11am and me is hunnnnggrryyy.

Who has a meeting in the break room? That's unbearably rude!
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,406 Member
    Kenn1414 wrote: »

It’s hard to be irked because it’s usually a student crisis and it’s the closest place to meet that’s bigger than an office. I have my breakfast and my irk level has returned to zero. 😊
  • Kenn1414
    Kenn1414 wrote: »

It’s hard to be irked because it’s usually a student crisis and it’s the closest place to meet that’s bigger than an office. I have my breakfast and my irk level has returned to zero. 😊

You have a bigger heart than me! :blush: Glad you had your breakfast!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    glassyo wrote: »

You’re me

I could do a lot worse! :)

And the boss is gone so I am no longer pace free. I announced we were leaving early but he either didn't hear me and/or already figured (duh).

Waiting on our IT guy to come and fix his computer that's been shuting off all willy nilly.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,023 Member

Stop flirting with me
  • cowsfan12
    Medical bills

Medical bills for poor people

Medical bills for poor old people

Medical bills for poor old veterans

Free market capitalism baby!
  • Kenn1414
    Had my blood tests. Feel so dizzy. Send snacks plz.
  • TwitchyMagee
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Medical bills

Medical bills for poor people

Medical bills for poor old people

Medical bills for poor old veterans

Free market capitalism baby!

😑
  • TwitchyMagee

Stop flirting with me

Oh you caught that
  • Peachesnstuff
    Not marking my discussions
    Being too lazy to go try and find them

Probs gonna be banned from the grocery store bc they keep playing Christmas music...and I keep sobbing
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,516 Member
    edited December 2022

Probs gonna be banned from the grocery store bc they keep playing Christmas music...and I keep sobbing
    Maybe pop earbuds in your ears when you walk into the grocery store. Solves 2 3 problems: you can listen to anything you want instead of piped in Christmas music, and no one will bother you with inane questions and you won't be banned from the grocery store.
  • TwitchyMagee
    cmsienk wrote: »

Maybe pop earbuds in your ears when you walk into the grocery store. Solves 2 3 problems: you can listen to anything you want instead of piped in Christmas music, and no one will bother you with insane questions and you won't be banned from the grocery store.

I use noise canceling headphones when I feel like that.

I just realized why nobody talks to me when I’m out.
  • Peachesnstuff
    cmsienk wrote: »

Maybe pop earbuds in your ears when you walk into the grocery store. Solves 2 3 problems: you can listen to anything you want instead of piped in Christmas music, and no one will bother you with insane questions and you won't be banned from the grocery store.

This would be a great idea for someone that shops in a grocery store where they didn't have to constantly defend themselves from the wretched other shoppers.

Why everyone so damn angry at Shop Rite?!
  • cowsfan12

Stop flirting with me

Oh you caught that

Tbh I relied to that before I saw your previous reply about the flirting - it was a happy accident as bob would say