If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,930 Member
    I want a fresh soft pretzel so bad

I know a place that has bagels so good you'll forget about the pretzel if you get a salt bagel. Meet me tomorrow at 09:15.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    4ka7gjg9m5dm.jpg
  • mtaratoot

Clearly the pear is to combine with the cheese to cleanse my palate between types of bread, but what are the grapes for?

Oh. They are plastic grapes; just for show. I get it.

I'll bring more cheese!
  • VegjoyP
    4ka7gjg9m5dm.jpg
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Clearly the pear is to combine with the cheese to cleanse my palate between types of bread, but what are the grapes for?

Oh. They are plastic grapes; just for show. I get it.

I'll bring more cheese!

You can have all the cheese, I just want the bread and if peanut butter or any other nut butter or plant based butter or cashew cheese then I am in!!! lol
  • mtaratoot
    I will bring hazelnut butter.

I let myself buy a bag of roasted unsalted Oregon hazelnuts last week. I've actually been reasonable about not eating them too fast. In fact, they've been a really nice topping for a mayocoboa bean soup I made the other day. I'm surprised how many calories dried beans actually have; I love 'em.

It was a no-brainer to turn this huge batch of beans into soup. I don't cook in the summer; no A/C in the house. I especially don't do long simmers or use the oven. I like to let my beans soak overnight then rinse a couple times a day until they almost sprout before cooking. It reduces available protein, but it increases bio-availability of some nutrients and allegedly makes them more digestible. The first beans I grabbed when I reached way back in the pantry were the mayocoba (a.k.a. Peruvian yellow beans, a.k.a. canary beans). They are so good. There were just so many, but rather than freeze some for later, I sauteed up a bunch of vegetables, then simmered with just a little water for a while, then simmered the beans a little longer, then pulled out a bunch of the beans and veggies and pureed the rest with an immersion blender before putting the chunky bits back. An ounce of hazelnuts very coarsely chopped really add to it. So good.

And if it didn't actually have as many calories as it does, I wouldn't have any left. But I do, so today and tomorrow will also be soup days.
  • VegjoyP
    zvjuljzezwyr.jpg
    rzb79m1et3sd.jpg
    d2unxrmtyazs.jpg
    zbw1hoy81pc6.jpg
    45iuey8xru9k.jpg
    2azepio26lyb.jpg
  • mtaratoot
    ahddombjgw51.png

32udz90imz07.png

zsclycb26kak.png

• VegjoyP
    bsls95pmpsst.jpg
    4ygqvhjivdju.jpg
  • VegjoyP
    qz3j066f1wz1.jpg
    yjbkbpgqppgn.jpg
  • mtaratoot
    98y0xfswb2pd.png

xtm4gmai7bal.png
  • VegjoyP
    98y0xfswb2pd.png

xtm4gmai7bal.png

Yes Lord! My grandma made the best Latcakes
  • VegjoyP
    vdgyr225vl1m.jpg
    9b2jela25tnz.jpg
    el53sk60br3v.jpg
  • mtaratoot
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    98y0xfswb2pd.png

xtm4gmai7bal.png

Yes Lord! My grandma made the best Latcakes

I'm sure I'll make some. I have a few tricks that I'm happy to share. I hate how they make my house smell. I have a 75-year-old mill house that has been minimally upgraded. There's no vent hood over the stove. Is it worth the smell? Oh yeah.
  • mtaratoot
    It's Tuesday!

mparzgo5qyyc.png

z271wu3asfi6.png

6bm90gvglmxe.png

Please add a few berries to mine:

v5nu4uuhomst.png

• VegjoyP
    It's Tuesday!

mparzgo5qyyc.png

z271wu3asfi6.png

6bm90gvglmxe.png

Please add a few berries to mine:

v5nu4uuhomst.png

b7ipcegvrt0d.jpg

I had avocado toast today. This picture is only half, I shared it with my dad and partner. It was huge!
  • VegjoyP
    jl6frw9751ls.jpg
    cuimjsrrg505.jpg
    5t0kcvspkjwg.jpg
  • VegjoyP
    dnr6ncozgbae.jpg
  • mtaratoot
    Pass the avocado toast please... if there's any left.

My neighbor said she made some cheese souffle, and some was for me. She joked that, "If you're still counting calories, you can decline." I told her I can count big numbers no problem. Everyone is being extra special nice to me right now as I recuperate. I am grateful to have such an amazing group of friends who are also a solid support group.
  • VegjoyP
    t3yloqtlo1ys.jpg
    zy43wyk5t5y6.jpg
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    idlpey225xk8.png