JUST FOR TODAY--One Day at a Time--Daily Commitment Thread for 2022

Replies

• cgottschlich
    cgottschlich Posts: 57 Member
    So its been a bit longer than i projected, but im here to update.
    Some thoughts so far:
    If the pros of caffeine are unlocking my energy and stabilizing my appetite, the con is being numb to tiredness.
    I briefly experimented with alternating caffeine+activity days with non-caffeine+rest days, but it wasnt sustainable (didnt end up fully resting on rest days).
    My caffeine intake has been very irregular. As well as my eating. Some days i skip meals and end up eating way too much at once. Other days, by the end it feels like i was eating non-stop, never feeling satisfied and energetic.
    Today i feel good. Mondays are always my best days. Had lots of coffee already. But i also had three meals at once for breakfast LOL
    I wont be eating again until my belly starts growling. Feeling heavy feels bad and saps my energy. Ive gained some weight as well. I want to remember every day that im not at my weight goal that im not at my most efficient and i will feel that. Its ok. Keep going, take naps when needed, dont let the stomach be empty for much time, dont overeat, dont fear caffeine, rest when tired, respect sleep.
    Soon i will be getting a CPAP, which should help.

@emgracewrites Wow, thanks for all the info! Sounds like something i could really use. Especially the mental support. It would also be nice to have someone who can make sure my diet isnt messing up my energy utilization.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,022 Member
    edited December 2022
    🐳🐬🐙🐬🐳🐬🐙🐬🐳
    🐳🐬DECEMBER 2022🐬🐳
    🐳🐬🐙🐬🐳🐬🐙🐬🐳

Tested positive today
    Doing the best I can with my goals
    C’est la vie!!!
    • November was a good month for me, and I achieved my goal of dropping a couple of lbs in anticipation of moderate indulgences over the festive season.
    • I am continuing with my present routine in December.
    Focus for December:
    • Enjoy moderate treats, while staying under calorie goal
    • Exercise to augment calories available
    • Adhere to Daily Solid Habits

Eat under goal!

🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗
    🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗
    Active hours > 6 [/color]
    💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    Current Solid Habits
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    The festive season was always a minefield for me. It’s taken 7 difficult years and much soul-searching to change my previous habits to ones which are more advantageous to health and fitness.

I am worth the effort. And the payoffs are significant.

You are worth the effort!!!

🦄 Terri

• cgottschlich
    Forgot to add!
    Ive been treating my trigger points (massaging, stretching) twice a day.
    I think its been helping my muscle recovery and efficiency.
    But i am sore a lot! I dont mind too much, but i have put off going to the gym because of it.
    I have sooo many trigger points, and the ones on my back are very bad. I get why my doc offered needling... I'm somewhat regretting not taking him up on it, since conservative measures are taking so long to rid me of these knots.

Also wow -- this thread really moves when you dont post every day! haha
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,551 Member
    Hour commitment - need to eat dinner a little early due to change in schedule.
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - After I finish my pecans, I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Goals for 12/12
    - log all food ✅
    - Drink 40 oz of water ❌

Only managed about 24 oz of water today instead of 40. Logged all my food but didn’t do as well as I wanted to. Going to bed early tonight and hoping my brain won’t wake me up at 3:45am like it did last night.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,057 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Goals for today
    - Log all food ✔️
    - 6 waters ❌
    - Clean the bloody pots. It's getting ridiculous now. ✔️
    - try stay in the green❌

Good luck everyone for today :) x

Over by 200 cals because.of the McDonalds we had. Me and ash didn't fancy anything we had in and it's just quick and easy. Plus it's just over the road 😂 not the best choice but I enjoyed it.
    And I only got half the pots done but better than nothing right.

JFT Tues 13th
    - Log all food
    - 6 waters
    - Be in the green
  • emgracewrites
    My only goal for today is to get to the pharmacy to buy some allergy medication that’s not 7 months expired. I’m supposed to have a nutritionist appointment this afternoon but I might end up cancelling (and having to pay a fee) because I don’t want to go out in weather that feels like it’s in the low 30s when I’m already feeling horrible.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Monday
    1. THINK PINK. Check in about conference.
    2. Continue drafting unit plans.
    3. Filk "Oklahoma." Write "How Do Taxes Work?" script.
    4. Reading - Libby. Update Goodreads!
    5. Write S&F and Clois.
    6. Duolingo.
    7. YMCA classes.
    8. Evening: Tweetchat. Dinner: Salad. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Sat take Starbucks card on walk! Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Sun EGL 4-10. Can work NYE/Day.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 200.6

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit). ALA conference registration by March.

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Do years of service transfer? Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba.

10. Immediate family: 20m room cleaning daily. When room is clean, nap together. Zoo? Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Load books in crate for McKay's. Work on staying home solo when dark. When is annual checkup? When is next therapy appt? Discuss regressive behaviors & becoming nonverbal when upset.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; Hawaiian shirt. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? Dentist April 19 11a. Therapy ???. How to respond to regressive behavior? Obgyn Mar 15 11a.

WFTY: Focus. My reading seems to go in fits and starts. I have three library books out, plus two digitally on Libby. But I just can't seem to get into ANY of them.

WTFY 2023 will be "Priorities."
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,294 Member
    JFT Monday
    - Work by 6:45 :smiley:
    - Meetings :smiley:
    - Concentrate audit :smiley:
    - Look up vision benefit info :smiley:
    - Luncheon :smiley:
    - Eye Doc :smiley:
    - Home :smiley:
    - Choir concert :smiley:
    - Dinner :smiley:
    - Maybe swing by Kohl's to get stuff for in-laws for Christmas. I have a40% off coupon. :(

Got everything done except Kohl's, but added in baking 9 dozen peanut butter blossom cookies. Last minute thing, but we got it done for today's fund raiser. Eye doctor was ri-dic-u-lous! V got a year worth of contacts & new glasses even with insurance it was $420, I got a new lenses kept my old frames and a 90 day supply of contacts and mine cost more than hers, $450! I can't imaging the cost without insurance I did get multifocal contacts which are pricier, but dang! Anyway, it's done.

Today there isn't much going on. I suppose we will go to Wendy's for dinner to support the choir fund raiser, but not much else on the agenda. Maybe bake some more cookies to give to people. Maybe do some laundry. Y'all know I hate laundry! Maybe I'll ride the Peleton tonight since I have time.

JFT Tuesday
    - Work by 8:00 :(
    - Update CI plans :smiley:
    - Mini Meals
    - Log food
    - Wendy's for dinner
    - Ride Peleton
    - Bake cookies for gifts
    - Shower
    - Bed by 10:00

• Bex953172
    JFT Monday
    - Work by 6:45 :smiley:
    - Concentrate audit :smiley:
    - Look up vision benefit info :smiley:
    - Luncheon :smiley:
    - Eye Doc :smiley:
    - Home :smiley:
    - Choir concert :smiley:
    - Dinner :smiley:
    - Maybe swing by Kohl's to get stuff for in-laws for Christmas. I have a40% off coupon. :(

Got everything done except Kohl's, but added in baking 9 dozen peanut butter blossom cookies. Last minute thing, but we got it done for today's fund raiser. Eye doctor was ri-dic-u-lous! V got a year worth of contacts & new glasses even with insurance it was $420, I got a new lenses kept my old frames and a 90 day supply of contacts and mine cost more than hers, $450! I can't imaging the cost without insurance I did get multifocal contacts which are pricier, but dang! Anyway, it's done.

Today there isn't much going on. I suppose we will go to Wendy's for dinner to support the choir fund raiser, but not much else on the agenda. Maybe bake some more cookies to give to people. Maybe do some laundry. Y'all know I hate laundry! Maybe I'll ride the Peleton tonight since I have time.

JFT Tuesday
    - Work by 8:00 :(
    - Update CI plans :smiley:
    - Mini Meals
    - Log food
    - Wendy's for dinner
    - Ride Peleton
    - Bake cookies for gifts
    - Shower
    - Bed by 10:00

WHAAAAAAAT?! You must be joking with that price!!
    It's so different over here.
    If you go on a contact lens plan, you get the contact lens consultation free and also any lens check ups free. My eyes are just standard, so no astigmatism and no need for bifocals or anything (they are more expensive) but for me just getting lenses for being short sighted, the cheapest pack I can get is £16/month for monthly wear contacts (£30 for dailies). Which naturally increases with different brands.
    Ash (who has astigmatism) his cost around £30/month. (£45 for dailies)
    There is a one off upfront fee in a way, you have to pay 3 months upfront, but they give you 3 sets of lenses there and then. You then pay the £16 for the next 3 months and that pays for you're next 3 pairs of lenses and they post them out to you.

Even better you can go straight to an online retailer. I can get a pair of monthlys for £6! But then I would have to pay for my contact lens eye check ups which I have no idea how much that costs maybe around £50. But even then I can swerve that by asking for a trial on contacts and they do that anyway 😂.

But wow. I can't believe how much they charge you over there!!

Also every 2 years we get a £50 optical voucher for glasses. And I just grab a cheap pair which is... £50. I don't have to spend a penny for my glasses, but I do have to have a pair from the cheapest range but theyre still good!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,468 Member
    @pridesabtch I know what you mean about eye care costs. Before I retired, we had vision ins. thru my job & I made hubby get his eyes checked. We each got one free annual exam. He ended up getting new lenses for his glasses, kept the old frames, and still cost $255 out of pocket. Mine wasn't so bad this year since I didn't need new lenses in my trifocals (which I only wear for reading & computer work after my cataract/refractive surgery). Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get hubby to schedule a dental exam before we no longer had dental coverage. But he is meticulous with his teeth care, driven by years (before marriage) with no insurance. I'm fortunate to have some dental coverage thru my Medicare Advantage plan, but it doesn't cover the entire cost.

Recap 12/12 M ~ So tired of endless cloudy days. Not helped by shorter daylight hours. I miss the sun!
    1) Move hourly :smiley: 17.6K 40 floors 12/14
    2) Walk dog in afternoon :smiley: 4.75 mi ~ happy dog & happy me
    3) Leftovers for supper / net calories zero / >64 oz. water :s Why can't I ignore the peanut M&Ms?!? Net cals -160, sodium horrible! ack! fiber carbs protein good, calcium LOW, 96 oz water
    4) Morning errands with hubby done: City Hall to pay property taxes (yikes) / gas in hubby's SUV / grocery shopped (minus $50 rewards earned from walking monthly ~ yay) / dropped mail at Post Office
    5) Schedule massage appt / update jt dda register / research value dates for Garden of Lights / create Walgreens acct & link to health ins / create Medicare online acct / write 10 Christmas cards ~ 14 yay / another ta-da? washed dishes, baked Kodiak Cake power muffins, more digital decluttering TA-DA! :smiley:
    6) Floss / retainers / pray :smiley: 3x

JFT 12/13 T
    1) Move hourly
    2) Walk dog in afternoon ~ taking advantage of clear roads & temps in 30s before winter storm arrives tomorrow
    3) $10 pizza for supper / net calories zero / >64 oz water
    4) Call Mom ~ winter storm will prevent my visit (90 miles one way) / write 10 Christmas cards / take L's card to church / 7:30 choir rehearsal / look up value dates for Garden of Lights / create Walgreens acct & link to health ins / create Medicare online acct / another ta-da?
    5) Floss / retainers / pray

5# Challenge ~ using my Sat. w-i
    Nov. 12 = 175.5
    Nov. 19 = 175
    Nov. 26 = 176 Thanksgiving foods
    Dec. 3 = 175.5
    Dec. 10 = 175.5 staying steady, at least not gaining haha

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    65 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~
    • 1.31.22 forgot to measure & log (DDS 8:20, quick stops at bread store & grocery essentials, then to mom & dad's for her bday)
    • 3.1.22 (still recovering from flu 2.23-2.25)
    • 3.31.22 maintaining not gaining
    • 4.30.22 barely maintaining
    • 5.31.22 ack
    • 6.30.22 ups & downs in June, but no worse at end of month
    • 8.2.22 up again ~ gah! (lazy in July & ate whatever I wanted)
    • 9.1.22 not doing so great eating-wise
    • 9.30.22 leveling off, starting downwards again :)
    • 10.31.22 not pretty... I can't stand being this heavy again!
    • 11.30.22 Thanksgiving foods put me up
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Started PT (physical therapy) exercises 1.28.22 due to overuse of arthritic knees
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • Frenzy on the Fox (River Trail) 5K on 1.21.22 ~ untimed event, per MapMyWalk 53.47 & ave. pace 16:30, frigid this year with wind chill at zero
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22 ~ medico nixed race b/c inflammation in knee due to overuse & my arthritis = sad me but good for my knee
    • Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 (first time in person since 2019) ~ 1:41:02 ave. pace 16:27 first half 51:35 second half 50:26 & knees were fine :star: happy me
    • Packers 5K on 7.16.22 ~ 48:48 average pace 15:43 finished 37/81 in my age group (I'm oldest year in range haha)
    • Bellin Women's 5K on 10/1/22 (Packers 5K discount yay) ~ 48:56 ave. pace 15:45 overall 202 of 296 :star: not too shabby 9 days before I turned 65yo
    • register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K on 10/8/22 (price goes up in Sept) ~ reconsidered due to knees on nature trails with rocks, tree roots & finishing up a very steep sledding hill... have decided not doing this year (maybe ever again = sad me b/c I love trail events)
    • watch for other events to add ~ None. Sad that City Stadium Run for Veterans no longer, ended by the pandemic.
    • maybe Jingle Bell 5K in person this year? need to watch for skipped virtual local event
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement ~ not much progress lately, at least dining room done
    Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 12/12/2022 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts today, can have sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 11/30)✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today & none of the ice cream that my friend brought.✔️
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 12/2)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until next Monday, 12/19. (last 12/15)✔️
    5) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 12/5). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (last 10/19) (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)✔️
    10) No sweet potato or pumpkin ok today. (last 12/10)✔️
    JFT for 12/13/2022 (today)✔️
    1) Can have a small piece of the pie (either one) and a spoonful of the pears. No other sweets today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash today, including the Mexican sweet breads.
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 12/2)
    4) Don't weigh again until next Monday, 12/19. (last 12/15)
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 12/5). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok)
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (last 10/19) (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)
    10) Sweet potato or pumpkin ok today. (last 12/10)

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• cgottschlich
    Yesterday i may have drank too much caffeine.
    Very productive day but was quite ill by 5pm.
    Awful nausea. Antacids seemed to help. Glad i had time for a nap before the rest of my day.
    Sleep was very fraught. Didnt help that i panick-ate (something im prone to do when highly aroused late at night) which fueled the belief i had triggered a migraine attack. My mind does strange things when caffeine keeps me up past my bed time. The visual hallucinations are fun but the emotional disturbance is not. Despite it all, i woke up refreshed and full of energy. I probably still have caffeine in my system and will start to feel funky by evening if i dont imbibe any today.

Other than the nighttime stress snack, i did well in my eating goals. But im a bit stuck. My empty stomach is not as loud as i remember, so figuring out when to eat without relying on confused or invisible hunger cues has become difficult. I'm not sure what all to do, but im being successfull so far in not overeating, including taking smaller bites, something that is not suggested enough (and hard for me to do since ive eaten like a competitive eater all my youth). Besides, being a bit hungry is arousing and not so irritating. I have not felt sluggish on a light stomach.

Today i will continue to take it slow with the eating, and try to not overextend myself today.
  • Bex953172
    Yesterday i may have drank too much caffeine.
    Very productive day but was quite ill by 5pm.
    Awful nausea. Antacids seemed to help. Glad i had time for a nap before the rest of my day.
    Sleep was very fraught. Didnt help that i panick-ate (something im prone to do when highly aroused late at night) which fueled the belief i had triggered a migraine attack. My mind does strange things when caffeine keeps me up past my bed time. The visual hallucinations are fun but the emotional disturbance is not. Despite it all, i woke up refreshed and full of energy. I probably still have caffeine in my system and will start to feel funky by evening if i dont imbibe any today.

Other than the nighttime stress snack, i did well in my eating goals. But im a bit stuck. My empty stomach is not as loud as i remember, so figuring out when to eat without relying on confused or invisible hunger cues has become difficult. I'm not sure what all to do, but im being successfull so far in not overeating, including taking smaller bites, something that is not suggested enough (and hard for me to do since ive eaten like a competitive eater all my youth). Besides, being a bit hungry is arousing and not so irritating. I have not felt sluggish on a light stomach.

Today i will continue to take it slow with the eating, and try to not overextend myself today.

When I cant figure out if I'm hungry or just "emotionally hungry" I have a glass of water.
    If I still feel hungry after that I have another glass of water. And then if I'm STILL hungry then I am in actual fact hungry and will eat something.
    If I'm not hungry after the 2 cups of water then I know it was just a craving!

I hope that helps!
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm, except for my dose of metamusal. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Wednesday
    1. THINK PINK. Check in about conference.
    2. Continue drafting unit plans.
    3. Write "How Do Taxes Work?" script.
    4. Reading - Libby. Update Goodreads!
    5. Write S&F and Clois. Clean out 305; see about setting up.
    6. Duolingo.
    7. YMCA classes.
    8. Evening: Livestream. Dinner: Pizza. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Sat take Starbucks card on walk! Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Sun EGL 4-10. Call to set up testing for ADHD.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 200.6

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit). ALA conference registration by March.

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Do years of service transfer? Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba.

10. Immediate family: 20m room cleaning daily. When room is clean, nap together. Zoo? Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Load books in crate for McKay's. Work on staying home solo when dark. When is annual checkup? When is next therapy appt? Discuss regressive behaviors & becoming nonverbal when upset.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; Hawaiian shirt. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? Dentist April 19 11a. Therapy 12/29 2P. How to respond to regressive behavior? Obgyn Mar 15 11a.

WFTY: Focus. I really hope I sleep well tonight.

WTFY 2023 will be "Priorities."
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence.
  • more_freggies76
    edited December 2022
    JFT for 12/13/2022 (today)✔️
    1) Can have a small piece of the pie (either one) and a spoonful of the pears. No other sweets today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today, including the Mexican sweet breads.✔️
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 12/2)✔️Didn't eat today
    4) Don't weigh again until next Monday, 12/19. (last 12/15)✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 12/5). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (last 10/19) (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)✔️
    10) Sweet potato or pumpkin ok today. (last 12/10)✔️
    JFT for 12/14/2022 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) No desserts today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.
    5) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 12/5). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (last 10/19) (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)
    10) No sweet potato or pumpkin ok today. (last 12/10)
    11) No tamales today & none of the leftover stuffing
    12) Can have 1 piece of the cornbread

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• emgracewrites
    Horrible day all around today. Most of my calories came from junk food, and I’m sure I didn’t get enough of them. I did at least make it to the pharmacy, and to go with this thread’s theme of expensive healthcare in the US, spent $30 on over the counter meds that aren’t making a bit of difference.

Worked a full 8-hour day in spite of feeling sick, pulled off 2 extremely last-minute assignments, and didn’t get a single “Thank you” from anyone. I’ve applied to other places but can’t get any of them to respond. It hurts feeling so invisible and taken for granted.
  • more_freggies76
    edited December 2022
    JFT for 12/14/2022 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. Can have 1/2 cup eggnog.
    5) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 12/5). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    10) No sweet potato or pumpkin ok today. (last 12/10)
    11) No tamales today & none of the leftover stuffing
    12) Can have 1 piece of the cornbread and 1/2 cup eggnog

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
    Now in shared file: