• JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 355 Member
    JenHul
    Monday weigh in
    PW: 175.3
    CW: 176.5

Steps Dec 5 13,013
    Steps Dec 6 8080
    Steps Dec 7 2828 ( bad migraine, stayed in bed most of the day)
    Steps dec 8 13,030
    Steps dec 9 7797
    Steps dec 10 7668
    Steps dec 11 3213

I hope everyone has a great week!
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited December 2022
    I live alone, so nobody complains about my puzzle table! I guess that's not really a solution for most people though. :smiley:

@SavageMrsMoose
    13 is pretty old for a dog, since they are already considered senior at like 7/8 years old depending on breed. I would be very careful about putting him through all those things to be honest. I know it is a very personal choice, but since he is a senior, I don't think I would be willing to be so aggressive about treatment when you already know they can't fix the problem. I watched this video a while back, maybe it is helpful for you too.
    https://youtu.be/KvBD6ioUhFo
    Either way, I hope you can keep him comfortable and happy.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,241 Member
    @SavageMrsMoose it's so hard when you need to make difficult decisions on our pet family members - I went through it with my 9 mo old kitty 3 years ago - $3500 later and she passed away 1 week before Christmas
    My 15 yo kitty I just put to sleep in April - I think he had a stroke b/c he couldn't walk and it came on sudden a week before my husband's pancreatic cancer surgery
    I hope it works out....prayers & hugs
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,044 Member
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Sun 12/11: 10,364
    Mon 12/12: 6,450
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    @Pupowl I actually had a discussion with the vet about when it was time, through a lot of tears. Buddy is not in pain. He has a good appetite, even though he's losing weight. He's alert and playful, and friendly, even though he's not the active dog he used to be.... He has bladder and bowel control. He's actually improved a bit since starting the thyroid medication. However, I know it may be a different story sooner rather than later. As for the tumor, if it is another grade 3 sarcoma, it will kill him if not removed. I don't know about the radiation treatment to follow though.... My plan right now is to meet with the surgeon and discuss the options before making a decision. And mostly, pet him a lot and enjoy the time we have.

@LaurieWrobo I'm so sorry about your cats. Christmas time is the worst! And probably at the same time as your husband's surgery was a pretty close second! Hugs! If I'm remembering correctly, he got a cancer free diagnosis recently? On your birthday?

Anyway- I was under my calorie goal yesterday so here's to my 1 day streak! Gotta start somewhere!!!
  • LaurieWrobo
    @SavageMrsMoose Yes! My husband is now in remission 💜 never cancer free - there is no cure for pancreatic cancer

Great job on being under your calories 👏
  • TexanMom8152
    TexanMom8152 Posts: 76 Member
    Tuesday
    PW 245
    CW 241.4

@SavageMrsMoose Hugs for your Buddy

So my son might not be coming home today after all. He had planned to help his roommate move back to the metroplex, but his roommate's mom's car check engine light came on. She is getting the car checked, but it's about 360 miles part of which is sparsely populated. Should know more this afternoon. Jason won't know until he returns to college in January if he is going to have a new roommate assigned.
  • SavageMrsMoose
    @SavageMrsMoose Yes! My husband is now in remission 💜 never cancer free - there is no cure for pancreatic cancer

Great job on being under your calories 👏

Important distinction! Hugs!
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,452 Member
    Steps
    12 Dec: 21.491
    13 Dec: 21.922
    Yesterday wasn't great. I woke up around 4:00 and I wasn't able to fall asleep again. I really tried, but I was too awake and my brain was all over the place so I knew it wasn't going to happen. I got up at 5:20. Around 6:15 I discovered that my watertank had been leaking. It was still really dark outside and I tried to see with my phone's flashlight. It was all the way at the bottom, one of the watertaps had a crack in it. So I got tape and went to fix it. It was around -5 celcius at night, and the small trickle of water created a huge layer of ice. I didn't realize how bad it was until I slipped while trying to tape the leak and ended up sitting in the frozen and wet mess. No point in getting up and falling again, so I continued to fix it while sitting down, which was fun. I did the best I could, but I had no idea what more to do about in the dark, so I went inside and changed all my clothes. When it was light, I could see how big the ice patch was and I figure it had been leaking for a big part of the night. I tried to see inside the tank and I guess around 400 liters had already run out into my garden. I have some heather plants that are literally sitting in ice right now, so they are probably a loss. I didn't want the other 600 liters to go into my garden as well, so I cut a hole in the top and used a hose to drain the rest of the water out the best I could. I am pretty sad that all my water is gone now and I probably won't have any rainwater to use for summer. Rain barrels aren't cheap either and this one isn't salvageable. I really hate how expensive everything is becoming. At least minimum wage is going up in January, so my benefit should as well.
    Happy Wednesday everyone <3
    867lm0rg0zda.jpg
    kz9qq52iibxu.jpg
    h9mozni5vzqu.jpg
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    Love the pictures @TexanMom8152 and @pupowl...skunk...we used to call that smell Kentucky perfume (where I'm from)...LOL Glad you didn't get hurt @pupowl...I hate ice and cold!

Enjoy your day all!
    Jessica
  • SavageMrsMoose
    @TexanMom8152 Love the picture of your son and Buddy! Is your son home yet? We've never had skunk problems (knock on wood) but porcupines are not good playmates!

@pupowl That's awful! What a way to start your day! Fingers crossed the heather survives
  • LaurieWrobo
    Current Maintenance Weigh In;

I'm over this week and not sure why - I have been lifting heavier weights and I am sore so not quite sure what is going on

Do I go off Maintenance @jessicakrall8 ?
  • LaurieWrobo
    Steps:
    12/11 5,481
    12/12 8,104
    12/13 8,300
  • jessicakrall8
    Current Maintenance Weigh In;

I'm over this week and not sure why - I have been lifting heavier weights and I am sore so not quite sure what is going on

Do I go off Maintenance @jessicakrall8 ?

@LaurieWrobo The usual rule is if you've had two weeks above your designated weight range, you go back into the active pool until you've had two weeks back within your maintenance range. Just let me know if you want to go back into the active group. I know some people like to go back into the active team until they're in the middle or on the lower end of their range...to give themselves a little wiggle room. The holidays are always a tough time of year too...and if you're building muscle, that will add to it too...if you can feel the soreness, then I'm sure that's contributing!

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    What is going on with MFP's food diary today?!! CRAZY!! Can't get anything to record and keeping getting weird errors when I try!! Is it just me?!
    Jessica
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 510 Member
    @LaurieWrobo I always find I'm up when I get back to the gym, especially strength training. I've read that your body needs extra fluids for muscle repair after training. That could be it.

@Pupowl I'm glad you're ok. I hate ice, I live in the land of ice come February/March. We get lots of snow, but then we get warm enough for it to start to melt, but not fully, so it just freezes again over night. We then have this awful mess of snow over sheets of ice. You never know where it's icy and slippery so you just assume it all is.

@jessicakrall8 I hope the diary starts to work for you again. I had the same thing happen a couple weeks ago when I tried to log my food. I haven't been logging the past couple weeks though
  • TexanMom8152
    TexanMom8152 Posts: 76 Member
    edited December 2022
    @Pupowl - Falling is never a good thing. I'm glad your ok.

@LaurieWrobo - Echoing everyone else - you're building muscle and while it doesn't actually weigh more (a pound is a pound), it is more dense. Lifting heavy is good for you, keep it up and look at your body composition instead of just the scale. I think it's part of the reason I'm on the weight loss roller coaster. I worked with a Trainer about 5 years ago and got down almost to 200. Just at the edge of "onerland", but she quit on me to go back to home health. Been thinking about finder another, but right now, I am using fitnessblender.com with the dumbbells I have at home.

@jessicakrall8 - I had issues earlier today as well, but everything seems to be working now.

Jason did make it home last night. It was fairly late, which I am not a fan of during this time of year. Especially after he hit a deer on his way back to Lubbock 2 weekends ago. Most of the trip between here and there is rural, two lane road with occasional bump outs for passing lanes.

I have tripped over his shoes twice in the less than 24 hours he has been home. We were watching music videos in our bedroom when he got home. He kicked his shoes off and joined us on the bed like old days. 4:00am and my bathroom call, and I almost beefed it. 2nd time was about 4 this afternoon and he had kicked them off in the kitchen. Still glad he is home.
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 510 Member
    Oh and I keep forgetting to move the darn elf
This discussion has been closed.