πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€***December 2022 WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE***πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,943 Member
    Heaviest weight: 175.4 in early 2013.
    Original MFP starting weight (January 2018) - 168.2
    November 26 (Starting Weight): - 151.0 (10-day average 147.7)
    December goal - <148
    Ultimate goal - Range between 145 - 150 143 - 148

I report scale weight and (ten day average weight), and I post on Saturdays.

November 26: 151.0 (10-day average 147.7)
    December 3: 153.6 (10-day average 150.5)
    December 10: 152.6 (10-day average 152.8)
    December 17: 154.4 (10-day average 152.8)
    December 24:
    December 31:

Total loss for December My ten-day average weight is up five pounds for the month, but at least it's not up from a week ago. I'll take not gaining as a success for now. I lost almost six pounds in November, so I'm also a pound less than I was at the end of September. My scale weight is only up 3.4 pounds since November 26; I had a few BIG days I guess.
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,641 Member
    145320379.png

My name is Donna. I am 62 years old and I live in the Midwest of the US. I am 5’ 5” tall.

Start Weight (from Nov 30, 2022 ): 196.2
    Goal Weight: 191.2 (5 pound loss)

End of Challenge Weight: xxxxx
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 145-155 (I’ll know it when I get there!)

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

12/01-198.4-(Trend Weight: 197.8)-

12/06-199.6-(Trend Weight: 197.9)-

12/13-198.4-(Trend Weight: 198.0)- I am down from a bloated weight last week but I am bloated again. I haven’t been able to take my waterpill for many days due to constant travel for medical and Christmas shopping. So this may reflect a true loss. I guess we shall see later in the month. So hard to gauge in my circumstances. I started my cardiac rehab (out of town). They work on the heart apparently not just with physical activity but also with stress management, medication checks, and all things physical, mental and emotional. Interesting….. They did say I need to lose weight. You think? Lol

12/20-198.6-(Trend Weight: 198.2)- I could have done much better. All the traveling for medical and holiday shopping is really biting me in the butt. I’ve been pretty consistent in December but that is not really the goal. It is to lose weight and THAT, I am not doing. Humph….. Decembers are tough!

12/27-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

12/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150's
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,943 Member
    @deepwoodslady

Barely a gain. Almost within margin of error. And still down from two weeks ago. This week will be better if you make it so.
  • xAbiCatx
    xAbiCatx Posts: 82 Member
    SW Sept 19th: 189lbs
    Dec SW: 176lbs
    Dec Goal: 171lbs

Monday Weigh Ins:
    🌟 05 Dec: 177lbs
    🌟 12 Dec: 176lbs
    🌟 29 Dec: 178lbs
    🌟 26 Dec:
    Overall December: +2lbs
    Overall since SW: -11lbs

Reeaaallly let myself go last week. No exercise, eaten carelessly and weighed in 2 days late.

Going to scrap this months goal and get through Christmas without making too much more damage, then start full focus again from next week
  • xAbiCatx
    xAbiCatx Posts: 82 Member
    xAbiCatx wrote: Β»

Reeaaallly let myself go last week. No exercise, eaten carelessly and weighed in 2 days late.

Going to scrap this months goal and get through Christmas without making too much more damage, then start full focus again from next week

Step back and think about scrapping this month's goal or just continuing on like you've been doing. There's still a third of the month left. If you already had an off week and you add another week and a half, you are scrapping an entire half of a month. Every day is a bit of a struggle. Think about how much hard-earned progress you could undo by scrapping an entire half month.

There's some folks here who are moving to maintenance to give a little more wiggle room. That's a reasonable approach - you get to have some more calories, but if you keep sticking to it, you won't gain any weight; you'll just stay the same. It's like letting the sails luff in high winds. You just stay where you're at so when you start sailing again you haven't lost ground.

You've got this.

Don't let one bad week ruin the month!

Thank you for the motivation. I did go for a run earlier so that made me feel better, but i definitely wont make my December goal (id need to lose 7lbs in a week) but yeah as you said, i'll try to maintain at least :smile: