WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2022

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,436 Member
    Flea - Many hugs, so glad you were there with her. Hope Belize is restful, warm and sunny.

Lanette - Everyone arrived safe and unfrazzled Friday, thanks for asking. Egg did her usual disappearing act, finally showed up as I was trying to fall asleep last night. Her meows always sound like kitten meows when there are people around and she's trying to be super quiet. Silly cat. My daughter got up just now when I did, and Egg went bolting outside (where it's 25F) like a murderer was on her tail.

Terri - glad you're seeing progress, sorry you're still not well!

We all enjoyed the day yesterday - the two older kids did some brush cutting helping "Pa" get it gathered up and burned throughout the chilly morning. Levi dragged out the lawn mower and "mowed" the lawn until he ran himself and the mower both into a huge puddle and had to be taken inside to change his clothes before he caught a chill... While they were playing outside, my daughter and I made cowboy cookies for them to take on their hike today--three-hour drive to Hot Springs, two- or three-hour hike, three-hour drive back, it's going to be a long day for them.

I had a tough evening and overnight, feeling pretty banged up, but I plan to be very lazy today while they're off on their adventure, let my system get some rest, and let Corey take over everything. One more night with them, and then we'll wave them off back to Kansas, and absolutely no idea when we'll see them again. Military families take what they can get, but nothing is ever certain unless you have your arms around them right that minute. Rebecca - I think of you every time I say anything about military families.

I think I'll lay back down.
    I love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Hugs, enjoy every second friend!🤗💖🙏. Awe its nice to be thought of.
    I had Lee make copies of "consent forms" with the Medicure whole body donation that I need to send in. I called the company yesterday and found out I need to be a BMI of 30 or lower. That would mean I need to lose 60/70 lbs. Its daunting and a bit morbid to think upon, to lose weight to qualify for something that is after you pass. But that's my goal anyways. I am tracking food, water and going to walk at the gym. All good things. Plus it keeps my mind preoccupied and not thinking about Navy sons.🤗💖🙏
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Good morning ladies!

I just ran across this - several of you often mention gratitude, I thought this was neat <3

Melody Beattie: “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.”

Heather - what a nice surprise running into your son on your morning run! Really gives a small-town feeling. I never get tired of hearing about all the cool shops you have nearby.

Lisa - glad the kids and grands arrived safely and are having fun on the homestead.

Jeannie - beautiful little tree and scene.

Rebecca - we looked into the body donation thing but it got sidelined by other tasks. When Lee passes, does the military take care of all his final arrangements?

Weather looks good - a little rain, 35 degrees, so will zip into town shortly. No slip-sliding. Not sure about the rest of the week, forecast changes every couple hours.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

I figure since I was a blue baby when born, its the least I can do. My eldest sister is horrified by the idea of it, but its my decision. Lee will be cremated, which isnt covered by the Navy, and I will send his ashes to the Navy for a burial at sea. I will get the coordinates back saying where they tossed the ashes. I can not attend. We will most likely just have a nice get together of friends and family a big potluck.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,803 Member
    Grateful:
    1 What is something that makes you laugh? My two dogs, Wicket and Brownie every day the do something to make me laugh.
    2 Something about the current season you’re grateful for. The Christmas spirit making people nicer at this time of year.
    3 What about your body do you love/are you grateful for? My hair. It is white, pretty full with lots of body. Hairdressers always comment on how they like to work with my hair. Growing it out this winter. We will see how long I leave once the heat comes back!
    4 Who is someone in your life that you’re grateful for? My children and grandchildren.
    5 What is a book that changed your life? The Blooming of a Lotus by Thich Nhat Hann
    6 Think about something you’re good at. Customer service.
    7 What is a lesson you’re grateful you learned? To forgive myself.
    8 A basic need that has been met. My housing at the campground. Free for hosting
    9 What are you most grateful for in the city/town where you live? The blue skies and 300 days of sun!
    10 What rejection in your life are you most grateful for? Losing my job at the print shop. It allowed me to take early retirement, buy this camper after selling my house and travel!
    11 Something you use every day. My phone. I know I know, but like others, everything is on it!
    12 Something you don’t need anymore. A big house
    13 Refuge – space you love in your home: My bedroom
    14 Item of clothing—The coat I bought last January in TN
    December 15 Taste—sweets!
    December 16 Touch—The loving touches from my fur babies!
    December 17 Smell ——Baking break
    December 18 Sound—birds singing
    19 Sight
    20 Texture
    21 Color
    22 A song that makes you happy.
    23 Type of weather you love.
    24 Professional who helps you.
    25 Something you take for granted.
    26 A TV show that you look forward to watching.
    27 A movie you watch over and over.
    28 An opportunity you’re grateful you had.
    29 A place you love to visit.
    30 A tool you find incredibly useful.
    31 A daily habit you’re happy you’ve cultivated.

Kindness Calendar:
    December 1. “Spread kindness and share the December calendar with others”: Sharing on here and hope it helps someone.
    December 2.:Contact someone you can’t be with to see how they are: to be determined. I ended up talking to my uncle and a friend, both who live 2,000 miles away!
    Decembrist 3. Offer to help someone who is having
    difficulty at the moment. - I helped a mom fix her son’s bicycle.
    December 4. Support a charity, cause, or campaign you really care about. - I use Amazon Smile to
    5contribute to St. Jude’s Children Hospital
    every time I buy something, including gifts
    December 5. Leave a positive message for someone
    else to find. Left a note for DH with a
    chocolate kiss!
    December 6.Give a gift to someone who is homeless or feeling lonely. I made a person smile who was having a very bad day trying to get a campsite. I gave them one.
    December 7. Give kind comments to as many people as possible today. Done! Campers and DH
    December 8. Do something helpful for a friend or family
    member- I made an appointment for DH to get new glasses.
    December 9. Notice when you’re hard on yourself or others and be kind instead.
    December 10. Listen wholeheartedly to others without judging them.
    December 11. Buy an extra item and donate it to a local food bank.
    December 12. Be generous. Feed someone with food, love, or kindness today!
    December 13. See how many different people you can smile at today.
    December 14. Share a happy memory or inspiring thought with a loved one
    December 15. Contact an elderly neighbor and brighten up their day.
    December 16. Look for something positive to say to everyone you speak to.
    December 17. Give thanks. List the kind things others have done for you!
    December 18. Ask for help and let someone else discover the joy of giving.

RVRita in NM
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,803 Member
    jam0525 wrote: »
    blk67thrgfr6.jpeg

This is my 2nd Christmas without my son or my husband. For some reason I had a sudden urge to put up my little tree with their ashes and photos.

I actually felt calm and peaceful when it was done.

Jeannie in NM

Just perfect!

Rvrita
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    edited December 2022
    My mother passed this morning at 6:05. It was a blessing to be with her.

I am now at PDX getting ready to join my husband and son in Belize until the 24th.

Thank you all for your prayers and kind thoughts.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR

I am so sorry.
    Jeannie

• Whidislander
    Today was big sandwich, yogurt, a Fresca, and coffee with 2 pcs of sugar free coconut pieces that Russell Stover makes. Very content! I only added 352 quick add calories to make 1200.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,034 Member
    Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,904 Member
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,331 Member
    For some reason, I was especially tired so I slept in, Did Jackie Xtreme Abs DVD since that one’s shorter than the cardio one. Then I went for my walk around the block.

Realized that I need to make two crocheted dish towels for the gals on my bowling team for tomorrow. They don’t take that long to make.

Rebecca – I like one of your “to do’s”. The one about living your life in a nutshell. I really want to donate my body, just haven’t gotten around to investigating it. I think we have it in our wills that we are to be cremated, wonder if this means that we’ll have to change the will?

Jeannie – HUG

Karen – all my kids had the chickenpox and Jess even shared hers with Vince! I never got it, so I’m thinking that I must have had them when I was little and so was immunized. I did get the shringrex vaccine, tho. How I remember standing in line in the hallway of my school for my sugar cube!

When Jess was at Iowa State, I got this light coat that you can fold up so you can take it camping and it doesn’t take up much room (only I never do that). I am always amazed at how very light that coat is but how very warm it is

Evelyn -I really like that tree that your aunt and uncle made. What is that around it?

Mentioned to Vince yesterday about setting up a trust for PJ. Really, we don’t see him often enough or even hear from him/Denise to know what he’s interested in. I’m thinking that we should set it up so that the money can’t be touched until he’s 21. At 18 a lot of kids aren’t very responsible. By 21 they probably are. We’ll probably eventually take him out so he can buy presents for his birthday but for Christmas maybe we should just put money for him into the trust. Many years ago I was secretary of a non-profit and I absolutely hated it. That’s probably about the only good thing that came out of our being relocated.

Have most of the towels made, just need to put on the buttons. Going to see if I have Christmas bags to put them in to give them to the girls. If not, I’m not sure what I’ll do.

Got in another walk around the neighborhood

Allie – lovely houses. You are so talented

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,505 Member
    Stat for the day
    Housecleaning etc- 2hrs 41min 27sec, vacuum, laundry fold and put away, dust, make hummingbird food, etc= 800c
  • Whidislander
    exermom wrote: »
    For some reason, I was especially tired so I slept in, Did Jackie Xtreme Abs DVD since that one’s shorter than the cardio one. Then I went for my walk around the block.

Realized that I need to make two crocheted dish towels for the gals on my bowling team for tomorrow. They don’t take that long to make.

Rebecca – I like one of your “to do’s”. The one about living your life in a nutshell. I really want to donate my body, just haven’t gotten around to investigating it. I think we have it in our wills that we are to be cremated, wonder if this means that we’ll have to change the will?

Jeannie – HUG

Karen – all my kids had the chickenpox and Jess even shared hers with Vince! I never got it, so I’m thinking that I must have had them when I was little and so was immunized. I did get the shringrex vaccine, tho. How I remember standing in line in the hallway of my school for my sugar cube!

When Jess was at Iowa State, I got this light coat that you can fold up so you can take it camping and it doesn’t take up much room (only I never do that). I am always amazed at how very light that coat is but how very warm it is

Evelyn -I really like that tree that your aunt and uncle made. What is that around it?

Mentioned to Vince yesterday about setting up a trust for PJ. Really, we don’t see him often enough or even hear from him/Denise to know what he’s interested in. I’m thinking that we should set it up so that the money can’t be touched until he’s 21. At 18 a lot of kids aren’t very responsible. By 21 they probably are. We’ll probably eventually take him out so he can buy presents for his birthday but for Christmas maybe we should just put money for him into the trust. Many years ago I was secretary of a non-profit and I absolutely hated it. That’s probably about the only good thing that came out of our being relocated.

Have most of the towels made, just need to put on the buttons. Going to see if I have Christmas bags to put them in to give them to the girls. If not, I’m not sure what I’ll do.

Got in another walk around the neighborhood

Allie – lovely houses. You are so talented

Michele NC

With whole body donation, you have to let family know because Medicure needs to be the first people you call after you've passed. They come to get you, and if you don't call (Medicure) from the get go, your family might be responsible for the cost of various expenses.👍🏻
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa