WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2022

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited December 2022
    It is definitely cold & windy here in our part of Illinois. I am hearing tiny hail pellets on my windows. I’m happy that we saw our daughter earlier today and even happier to know she is safe at home, now. ❤️
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,022 Member
    Happy birthday Betsy!

Heather I love both of your paintings! Clever use of whitespace.

Annie in Delaware
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,792 Member
    Grateful:
    1 What is something that makes you laugh? My two dogs, Wicket and Brownie every day the do something to make me laugh.
    2 Something about the current season you’re grateful for. The Christmas spirit making people nicer at this time of year.
    3 What about your body do you love/are you grateful for? My hair. It is white, pretty full with lots of body. Hairdressers always comment on how they like to work with my hair. Growing it out this winter. We will see how long I leave once the heat comes back!
    4 Who is someone in your life that you’re grateful for? My children and grandchildren.
    5 What is a book that changed your life? The Blooming of a Lotus by Thich Nhat Hann
    6 Think about something you’re good at. Customer service.
    7 What is a lesson you’re grateful you learned? To forgive myself.
    8 A basic need that has been met. My housing at the campground. Free for hosting
    9 What are you most grateful for in the city/town where you live? The blue skies and 300 days of sun!
    10 What rejection in your life are you most grateful for? Losing my job at the print shop. It allowed me to take early retirement, buy this camper after selling my house and travel!
    11 Something you use every day. My phone. I know I know, but like others, everything is on it!
    12 Something you don’t need anymore. A big house
    13 Refuge – space you love in your home: My bedroom
    14 Item of clothing—The coat I bought last January in TN
    December 15 Taste—sweets!
    December 16 Touch—The loving touches from my fur babies!
    December 17 Smell ——Baking bread
    December 18 Sound—birds singing
    December 19Sight —-Snow on the mountains (but not where I am! Lol)
    December 20 Texture—-The soft skin of a baby
    December 21 Color—Sky blue
    December 22 A song that makes you happy.—-Rock Around the Christmas Tree
    23 Type of weather you love.
    24 Professional who helps you.
    25 Something you take for granted.
    26 A TV show that you look forward to watching.
    27 A movie you watch over and over.
    28 An opportunity you’re grateful you had.
    29 A place you love to visit.
    30 A tool you find incredibly useful.
    31 A daily habit you’re happy you’ve cultivated.

Kindness Calendar:
    December 1. “Spread kindness and share the December calendar with others”: Sharing on here and hope it helps someone.
    December 2.:Contact someone you can’t be with to see how they are: to be determined. I ended up talking to my uncle and a friend, both who live 2,000 miles away!
    Decembrist 3. Offer to help someone who is having
    difficulty at the moment. - I helped a mom fix her son’s bicycle.
    December 4. Support a charity, cause, or campaign you really care about. - I use Amazon Smile to
    5contribute to St. Jude’s Children Hospital
    every time I buy something, including gifts
    December 5. Leave a positive message for someone
    else to find. Left a note for DH with a
    chocolate kiss!
    December 6.Give a gift to someone who is homeless or feeling lonely. I made a person smile who was having a very bad day trying to get a campsite. I gave them one.
    December 7. Give kind comments to as many people as possible today. Done! Campers and DH
    December 8. Do something helpful for a friend or family
    member- I made an appointment for DH to get new glasses.
    December 9. Notice when you’re hard on yourself or others and be kind instead.
    December 10. Listen wholeheartedly to others without judging them.
    December 11. Buy an extra item and donate it to a local food bank.
    December 12. Be generous. Feed someone with food, love, or kindness today!
    December 13. See how many different people you can smile at today.
    December 14. Share a happy memory or inspiring thought with a loved one
    December 15. Contact an elderly neighbor and brighten up their day.
    December 16. Look for something positive to say to everyone you speak to.
    December 17. Give thanks. List the kind things others have done for you!
    December 18. Ask for help and let someone else discover the joy of giving.
    December 19. Contact someone who may be alone or feeling isolated. - Going to cal my Uncle
    December 20. Help others by giving away something that you don’t need
    December 21. Appreciate kindness and thank people who do things for you!
    December 22. Congratulate someone for an achievement that may go unnoticed.

RVRita in NM
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,792 Member
    Happy birthday Betsy!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,183 Member
    edited December 2022
    I have sent the tree painting off to a Christmas card printer. I have called it the Freedom Tree. Inside I have written, Wishing you everything you yearn for, and on the back is a tiny pic of the baubles and my social media details. Doing the text was the hardest bit! I have ordered 10 in matt and will see what it looks like before I order more.
    An interesting experiment!
    Bea did an amazing picture. For her age, 6, she is really exceptional. She loves learning techniques, and how to mix colours. Her art class thinks she is quite extraordinary.
    Max started a machine in a box, then abandoned it. He also started a picture, but chickened out when it came to painting the rainbow. He enjoyed playing with my Polish app, and devising a game that no one could win. :p
    All went well, but we worked hard. :)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,492 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Pip— Gorgeous photo of you and Kirby. ❤️. 💕

Aww thx

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,022 Member
    Yay Chispas! And yay Lucy for continuing training!

Annie in Delaware
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,827 Member
    Well, we are just getting our first "blizzard" snowflakes. The roads have been clear all morning and the local forecasters were saying that the snow would be arriving at 3pm. Pretty much on the dot, a few flakes started falling. I did nothing but sit, drink coffee/tea, and watch movies yesterday. Well, I was interrupted a few times by DH needing things and DD calling, but pretty much the whole day to myself. I took my DYS to work this morning as his Jeep is still at the shop. Then I headed out to the stores to get what I will need for next week, and pick up some last minute holiday items. I finally found a gift for my DOS and his girlfriend. They have just moved into their new house and I have been stymied as to what to get them. They are at a place where they buy what they want, they have alot as they have combined two households worth of goods. So...I found pajamas at half price and got them matching jammies and found jammies for their dog, Wanda, that match their jammies! lol I also got them a small gift card to Aldi and a bottle of wine.
    Heather- The gift of yourself. Hmmm...I might need to listen to that podcast. Oh, by the way, I ordered your book. lol It has been in my Amazon cart for a while now, and I have been meaning to place an order for a few other things; so there it waited. I just hopped on to place an order for my DYS for a gift for his birthday (Christmas Eve) and there was your book! Merry Christmas to me! I will be sure to write a review for you!
    Barbie- You look so pretty and festive in that red coat! Did Jake take that pic?
    Ooooops! Have to pop out real quick to pick up my son. Will try to hop back on tonight. Otherwise, I will chat and reply to all in the morning! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,674 Member
    Afternoon ladies
    Happy Birthday Betsy!!!
    We will be getting whopper rain overnight tonight and rain and wind tomorrow..
    Sold Miles older carseat which was practically brand new on Facebook marketplace..
    Im watching the original Miracle on 34th street ,always loved the original movies like this one..
    Have to find White Christmas again.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,183 Member
    KJ - The one they did next, with contributions from their audience, is just hilarious! I chuckled away!
    Thanks for ordering WHERE AM I? <3<3<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Good morning ladies!

Well my diet is shot. I have chocolate candy and soon chocolate cake in the house, and more coming on Sunday. But starting on New Year's I will be good!

Annie in Delaware

Ditto!
    Good luck to you and all of us these next two weeks.

Jeannie in NM
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,316 Member
    Betsy -- Happy Birthday! <3

Lisa - love that photo of you, Corey and the kiddos. <3

Pip - that photo of you and Kirby is so cute, and when I read what you wrote for him I wanted to hit the "HUG" button ten times! <3

Heather - you are a very talented watercolorist. I have received Christmas Cards in the past that look very similar. Did you know you had that talent prior to taking your cruise? <3

Katla - glad you have moved closer to your DH. Things are coming together for you. <3

Tracey - That is way too cold!! Glad you popped in! :#

Vicki - So glad your DH is your transportation to work and back. You too are in the big chill. Is the troublesome employee still working there? I don't envy you trying to manage that crew, brings back memories of my crew picking on each other. I was glad when they were busy and forced to work together. When can you retire? :)

OK kids, stay warm and stay safe!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,427 Member
    edited December 2022
    Went shopping today, and managed to get home with not much slipping or sliding. We bought way too much, but it is nice to have a fully stocked kitchen! We bought a few more sugar free items. Even though we went over our weekly budget commissary wise, its nice to not have a credit card, and having to "pay back" Christmas spending.
    Bought a dressing that was bleu cheese with only 1 mg of sugar. Pretty proud of that. Also bought some more sugar free chocolates. I will not cave and buy regular stuff again. We were going to visit an Asian place in town for a before Christmas meal, but I bought frozen stuff, cheaper and we don't have to venture out.
    Video chatted with my eldest sister last night and her home looks amazing, so homespun cottage Christmas! She decorated here and there, and purchased a "bunk bed" for her spare bedroom. Its a full bed on the bottom and a small bed up top. Its really cute with a place to put books on the upper bed. Just cute! She put Clairs childhood tree on the dresser. That room was his childhood bedroom anyways. Its just so sweet!
    Hugs ladies!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,901 Member
    edited December 2022
    :) Today I am grateful that there is no holiday food lurking in my house to tempt me, I have no holiday plans that will be upset by the upcoming weather challenges, and my walking friend will be walking with me on Sunday like she does every week.

:)Betsy, Happy Birthday

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,492 Member
    Betsy -- Happy Birthday! <3

Lisa - love that photo of you, Corey and the kiddos. <3

Pip - that photo of you and Kirby is so cute, and when I read what you wrote for him I wanted to hit the "HUG" button ten times! <3

Heather - you are a very talented watercolorist. I have received Christmas Cards in the past that look very similar. Did you know you had that talent prior to taking your cruise? <3

Katla - glad you have moved closer to your DH. Things are coming together for you. <3

Tracey - That is way too cold!! Glad you popped in! :#

Vicki - So glad your DH is your transportation to work and back. You too are in the big chill. Is the troublesome employee still working there? I don't envy you trying to manage that crew, brings back memories of my crew picking on each other. I was glad when they were busy and forced to work together. When can you retire? :)

OK kids, stay warm and stay safe!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

Thanks. I used to write poetry a lot. I don’t know why I don’t anymore
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,040 Member
    edited December 2022
    Carla I hear you. These conditions are dangerous. I think you MIL made the right decision. I did not go to my Choir's Christmas party because of the weather. I did drive over to shovel son's house during the day and had to adjust me route a few times. I was going to go this one way and in the distance I saw a Bus and delivery truck slide together at an intersection. I just drove slow. Winds are due to pick up on Friday, the wind chill will be 40 below, so I am staying here and not going anywhere. I am supposed to sing Christmas eve I will decide on Saturday if I go. We are not alone the whole Midwest is affected by this weather. I did leave water going a small drip in bathroom, kitchen, and basement as a preventative for frozen pipes.

Tomorrow I will use the time to do some cleaning. We were going to celebrate Christmas with son tonight because of his day off schedule. We will do it next Thursday now. It is not worth putting him in danger. It is so cold you can get frost bite in 10 minutes.

The best part of this season for me was singing in my Church's Christmas concert. It really got me into the Christmas spirit.