JUST FOR TODAY--One Day at a Time--Daily Commitment Thread for 2022

Replies

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,504 Member
    I tested positive for COVID this morning😟
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment- I won't eat again until after 5 pm. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    I tested positive for COVID this morning😟

Oh no.. hope you feel better soon!
  • more_freggies76
    After I finish my sweet potato, I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • cgottschlich
    cgottschlich Posts: 57 Member
    Yesterday i did a thorough job of eating low fat.
    I had cereal and nonfat milk, edamame, mandarin slices (and a bit of turkey i regretted) for breakfast.
    For dinner i wasnt very hungry, so i had vegetables and fish and soba noodles.
    At night i had more milk, strawberry gummies (i think theyre by welches) and something else; i forget.
    But a little before eight PM i binged a bit on some keto chocolate cereal.
    Probably not the best for my sleep but i felt surprisingly okay.
    I should maybe try to fit a little more fat into my day, either through eggs or nuts.
    But maybe i was just too hungry and too low on carbs yesterday?
    I will try to eat more consistently for energy while avoiding oils and fats.
    The last diet that worked for me was very low fat, so i shouldnt fear going low fat.
    But it wasnt unrestricted calories, and only featured one high carb item (a slice of toast in the morning).
    So i dont know how this is gonna go.
    But, my last diet was very rapid weight loss and i'm unsure i want to duplicate that. Especially since much of that weight was probably just carb weight.
    Ive tried to lose weight rapidly many times and none of them stuck. So it might be time for me to really plant myself in the slow-and-steady garden.

This morning ive been struggling to do anything. I sat down to sort through some clothes my hubby wants to send off to goodwill. But after i was done i had very little motivation to get up.
    I dont know if its all the sleeping in, the lack of caffeine, the lack of carbs, dieting in general, depression from being fat, depression in general, or a combination.
    I'm hesitant to go back to caffeine, but tempted.
    I think i will try a bit more carbs first.
    I dont think i'm gaining weight, but i only have three data points.
    I think my new years resolution will be logging (once a week) for a year.
    Never done that before.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Good morning yall.
    Last night was fitfull sleep. A change from the night before, when i went to bed early and slept well.
    I was just as hungry around 8 PM as last time. I dont know what was different.
    Even at 12 PM, i felt too stressed to sleep.
    I felt strange these last two night too.
    Both hot and cold at the same time.
    But at least it seems like my extremeties are getting good circulation for once!
    I'm not sure if its the stress hormones or the lack of blood draw going to my gut.
    But its nice.
    Strangely, although my sleep seems more fitful and i feel more tense at night, i feel less stiff in the morning than usual.
    Cant tell if its diet related or therapy related.

I woke up around 7 AM, a good time to get up.
    I broke my fast with some mandarin slices and half a hard boiled egg.
    Feeling great, albeit a bit cold (my normal jammies are in the wash, only a t-*kitten* and boxers last night so i'm wrapped in two throws right now).
    I love watching the sunrise.

Lately ive been having vivid, profound dreams.
    I dont remember my dream the night before yesternight, but i remember it helping me with something.
    This night's dream was about an old flame ive struggled to let go.
    We talked and hanged all through the night.
    It was very therapeutic, and i'm confident ive let him go now.
    Whew! That only took twenty years!
    I wonder if the dieting has been causing this dream, or its me being on an overdue vacation.

Tonight i think i will plan supper instead of winging it.
    Although i can clearly weather the night hungry, it may be helpful to have a good last meal later in the evening instead of a rice crispie at 3 PM.
    Yesterday for bfast i had a hearty spread.
    Then wasnt hungry much until 1 PM, when i had a small sandwich.
    But boy that made me hungry!
    I was on the road, and in the middle of errands, and really wanted to finish up before heading back.
    But on my way to the recycling center (and getting quite lost), i felt my energy drop once again, and got a modified power bowl from taco bell.
    It really hit the spot, but then i was too sleepy to drive!
    Luckily the parking lot was near empty and the taco bell was drive-thru only. I easily squeezed in a nap.
    Got up, resumed my lovely drive, but found myself still sleepy and low energy after a while.
    So i grabbed a matcha latte and a rice crispy.
    Bing! I was alive again. Maybe i shouldnt have eaten so low calorie throughout the day if i was going to to so many errands.... now that i'm not eating at night. One life change at a time!
    But that meal kept me full all the way until 8 PM.
    And of course, right after 8, i become ravenous lol.
    Today, i will make an effort to be home for dinner instead of having a quick lunch. I love my naps!
    And try to eat a wholesome supper around 5 or 6 PM, when my afternoon work is done.

Bex953172 wrote: »
    I've always figured my best chance is to learn how my body actually works, things make a lot more sense when I know how what I'm eating actually affects the body.

I used to agree, but now my stance is that weight loss is best done when you focus on what you know works on your body, experimenting, and not overcomplicating things with "knowledge". Researching the biomechanics should only be done for fun. If you're researching that stuff for aiding weight loss, then you must learn A LOT and from high quality sources (university and such), else you run into the "broscience" domain, where you feel like you know how the body works, preach to others your "knowledge", and distract others and yourself from the most efficient path.

For example, you said that the body burns sugar first for fuel. Theres some truth to that. The body converts all ingested carbohydrates into glycogen, a saccharide, and preferentially burns those over fatty acids. This is likely because sugar can affect the chemistry of blood dramatically; too much or too little will kill you instantly. So its levels are tightly regulated by insulin and glucagon. But high fat in your bloodstream, although it may harm you and kill you over years and years, not immediately. But your body doesnt put sugar and fat in a queue for burning. You are constantly burning sugar AND fat in your body all the time. This is why, even when people eat high carb and low fat, as long as they eat less calories than they expend, they lose body fat mass.

If eating low carb and moderate to high fat helps you lose weight, thats great, i'm happy that you figured that out. But some people lose weight easier on a high carb, moderate to low fat diet. If they were to take what you just said as fact, they would be compelled to stay away from the diet that would help them the most. But if everyone simply experiments and logs what works for them, then they will all find diets that work. Therefore internet Fun Facts should be taken as inspiration only.

Also
    The sugar/fat one got me. I always thought that I had to eat low fat foods to reduce my fat intake but when they take out the fat out of the produce (like low fat yoghurt or something), they actually replace it with sugars and sweeteners, which means your body's gonna burn that first and not the fat thats stored! So it's kind of counter productive!
    this
    but when they take out the fat out of the produce (like low fat yoghurt or something), they actually replace it with sugars and sweeteners
    is an illusion. When low fat became hip, big companies, who regularly change their marketing and labeling for maximizing profits, who sold products like were already low fat, or easy to make fat free, like fat free yogurt, simply started advertising that they sell low/no fat products. Its a really cheap way to cash in on a fad. But this doesnt change the fact that fat people prefer to eat a high amount of calories, and will choose foods accordingly. Ones who follow fads instead and dont calorie count will find themselves liable to eat the same fattening diet, only now its 100 kcal of fat free yogurt instead of 100 kcal of cheese etc. When they fail to lose weight, it must be because of something hidden in the food -- the sugar! All the snacks have sugar in them! *Thats* the answer. And the cycle continues. And the obesity curve stays pointing upwards.

This is why i love participating in this thread. You have to write down what youve been doing, and be really conscious of it. Hard to run from your mistakes when they stare at you from the page!

I did read this the other day and never got round to replying! Yeah I deffo do it for fun, well maybe not fun but just for curiosity! I like to know how things work.
    You know a heck of a lot more than me and I feel you on the "broscience" haha yeah I hate it if I'm not sure what I'm reading is actual fact. And plus, I'm self-diagnosed ADHD (aiming for a diagnosis next year) so reading (although I love it) can be a struggle if I'm not focused. I'll skim read and if there's too many words my brain just doesn't compute 😂

I totally agree on what you said just figuring out what works for you.
    Personally I havent actually TRIED the low/full fat thing. Or atleast in how it affects my body. It probably did have a difference but I didn't notice 😂

I literally went off calories. So firstly I logged before making any changes. Then I could see what we're my worst offenders. Which was in fact cheese and carbs like bread, pasta and rice.
    So I cut these out or reduced them alot (not the cheese, cheese is life 😂)
    So typically I allow myself 2 slices of a bread a day, if I even have it. I swapped out spaghetti for spiralised courgette (zucchini if you're from the USA) potatoes for sweet potatoes or straight up swap for a salad.

And just worked on it from a calorie point of view.

Anyway all of this is what I USED to do when I was losing weight. Can't claim im doing it now because I'm not, I'm just eating junk. But new year soon so gonna give it all a go again!
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - After my yogurt, I won't eat again until after 5 pm. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited December 2022
    Back after my Christmas break LOL.

JFT 12/27 T
    1) PT exercises :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / >7,500 steps
    3) Make potato/leek soup supper / net calories zero / >64 oz. water
    4) Something on ta-da list
    5) Floss / retainers / pray

Weather has been too cold & windy and roads covered in snow & ice for me to walk dog. I tend to have a long stride when I walk her, and that leads me to slip and falls. So for now I'm focused on PT exercises, took a few days off over Christmas, and still need to get into my treadmill routine. We've been stuck in snow (not horrible compared to east of here) followed by the deep freeze the last week. Last Friday, our wind chill was -36F (-38C). We had our coldest Christmas since 2000. Tomorrow, the temp may actually reach freezing 32F (0C). I'm hoping to take dog to nearby tech college and walk around the campus, since they keep parking lots and roads pretty clear.

5# Challenge ~ using my Sat. w-i
    Nov. 12 = 175.5
    Nov. 19 = 175
    Nov. 26 = 176 Thanksgiving foods
    Dec. 3 = 175.5
    Dec. 10 = 175.5 staying steady, at least not gaining
    Dec. 17 = 174.5 yay
    Dec. 24 = 176 holiday treats, no dog walks

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    65 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~
    • 1.31.22 forgot to measure & log (DDS 8:20, quick stops at bread store & grocery essentials, then to mom & dad's for her bday)
    • 3.1.22 (still recovering from flu 2.23-2.25)
    • 3.31.22 maintaining not gaining
    • 4.30.22 barely maintaining
    • 5.31.22 ack
    • 6.30.22 ups & downs in June, but no worse at end of month
    • 8.2.22 up again ~ gah! (lazy in July & ate whatever I wanted)
    • 9.1.22 not doing so great eating-wise
    • 9.30.22 leveling off, starting downwards again :)
    • 10.31.22 not pretty... I can't stand being this heavy again!
    • 11.30.22 Thanksgiving foods put me up
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Started PT (physical therapy) exercises 1.28.22 due to overuse of arthritic knees
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • Frenzy on the Fox (River Trail) 5K on 1.21.22 ~ untimed event, per MapMyWalk 53.47 & ave. pace 16:30, frigid this year with wind chill at zero
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22 ~ medico nixed race b/c inflammation in knee due to overuse & my arthritis = sad me but good for my knee
    • Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 (first time in person since 2019) ~ 1:41:02 ave. pace 16:27 first half 51:35 second half 50:26 & knees were fine :star: happy me
    • Packers 5K on 7.16.22 ~ 48:48 average pace 15:43 finished 37/81 in my age group (I'm oldest year in range haha)
    • Bellin Women's 5K on 10/1/22 (Packers 5K discount yay) ~ 48:56 ave. pace 15:45 overall 202 of 296 :star: not too shabby 9 days before I turned 65yo
    • register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K on 10/8/22 (price goes up in Sept) ~ reconsidered due to knees on nature trails with rocks, tree roots & finishing up a very steep sledding hill... have decided not doing this year (maybe ever again = sad me b/c I love trail events)
    • watch for other events to add ~ None. Sad that City Stadium Run for Veterans no longer, ended by the pandemic.
    • maybe Jingle Bell 5K in person this year? need to watch for skipped virtual local event
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement ~ not much progress lately, at least dining room done
    Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • cgottschlich
    First off,
    MyFitnessPal recently told me that i have been promoted to "Member".
    Anyone know what that means?

And now, for my usual post....
    Yestermorning and this morning have been unintentionally silly.
    Yestermorning i ate a satisfying breakfast of which you can see in my last post as well as the regrettable turkey.
    I only ate the turkey because i was worried i wasnt getting enough protein.
    Today, when i arose, all i wanted was some sliced turkey,
    But i got too into my head and worries again! Overanalyzing.
    Thought "I better eat some carbs first, otherwise i will overwhelm my stomach and inefficiently utilize the protein".
    All based on good science, except for the fact that theory and practice are not the same, and forgetting my commitment of doing what works for me and not what "should" work for me.
    I ate some bread, but it sat poorly in my stomach.
    I ate some leftover noodles, which sat poorly in my stomach.
    I thought, "i have carbs in me now, but i should start with some easy to digest protein, so i'll eat this egg", ate an egg, which sat poorly in me.
    I tried some cereal in milk, which wasn't satisfying.
    Typically at this point, i would have kept trying *anything* other than the originally desired turkey, but i said "*kitten* it" and ate some turkey.
    And i was satisfied.
    I also almost finished the cereal too! Despite being full in the stomach and in energy, just because i like to finish things, but restrained myself.
    The moral today, *yet again*, was Dont Make Yourself Eat That Food.
    Stick to your diet plan, dont overanalyze, enjoy yourself. That's what plans are for! So you dont have to worry and reanalyze all the time.

Now that i have lots of extra energy, i'm off to do laborious housechores! I'm so glad i added starchy foods back into my diet; i have energy and for the first time in a while, dont feel like a depressed sack of postatoes. Although i need to watch my chocolate intake.... I've been eating the bars, which are very fat rich, especially the saturated kind (my weakness). I will keep my eye out for cocao powder next time i shop.
    I did read this the other day and never got round to replying! Yeah I deffo do it for fun, well maybe not fun but just for curiosity! I like to know how things work.

[...]

I literally went off calories. So firstly I logged before making any changes. Then I could see what we're my worst offenders. Which was in fact cheese and carbs like bread, pasta and rice.
    So I cut these out or reduced them alot (not the cheese, cheese is life 😂)
    So typically I allow myself 2 slices of a bread a day, if I even have it. I swapped out spaghetti for spiralised courgette (zucchini if you're from the USA) potatoes for sweet potatoes or straight up swap for a salad.

And just worked on it from a calorie point of view.

I feel you! I started off reading about this stuff for the same reason you originally stated -- essentially that knowledge is power -- and i learned a bunch of untrue stupid *kitten*, but also a lot of stuff that i'm confident is true, because i'm also just generally curious like you. Its very fun, and i cant say it isnt useful sometimes.

Also damn! That's some sensible dieting! Seems like everyone i talk to tryna follow a fad or try too many things at once, and then finally doing what you did when they failed too many times, or crying about how "CICO is fake". You built the skill, you know how valuable it is to be consistent and know yourself and be patient, so when you want to diet again, all you gotta do is do it. :) I'm still working on the consistency part. xD

• cgottschlich
    edited December 2022
    but i said "*kitten* it" and ate some turkey.

Lmao does it filter the f-word to "kitten"? That's amazing.
    I wonder what other filters there are.
  • cschmitz110515

MFP does indeed use autocorrect to change certain words to "an adorable, non-offensive word, aka *kitten*". You may be interested to learn other acronyms and terms used on this website, plus lots of great Getting Started Must Reads, in the attached link. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest

There are other categories in the Community section, like Health and Weight Loss, Food and Nutrition, Sleep, Mindfulness & Overall Wellness, Challenges, Success Stories, even Recipes, etc. I look at different sections when I want info or a challenge or support. Hope this is useful for you.
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - After I finish my yogurt, I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • cgottschlich
    Yesterday was okay.
    Lost of energy. Lots of stuff being done. Maybe too much computer.
    I had an unexpectedly long call with the hubby. Spending so much time with myself has painted a clearer picture of how anxious i get talking, even when its my husband, and how easily i get distracted by others (lack of self control). I will try to be more mindful in the future.

Today i woke up and got up very easily. I think i'm finally reaching a state of normal refreshment. Which is great.
    I was starting to get worried that my sleep ability was going to prevent that.

Morning's breakfast went much smoother!
    I had what i wanted, didnt overanalyze.
    A fried-to-a-crisp egg, miso soup, a slice of ham and some decaf coffee. And about half a mandarin.
    The only thing i regret is eating all of the egg. The first bite was godly and then i lost interest in the rest. But ate it all anyway? For some reason i think fried eggs and eggs in general dont keep in the fridge, but they do. Next time i'll put the rest away.

I was so awake and had so much energy this morning that i immediately was ready and wanted to get dressed and head to the store, but they werent to open for fifty minutes! A long forgotten situation. But now it's open and i'm off!

Oh one last thing. My meals are hovering now around morning, afternoonish, 5 PM to 6 PM, and an occasional snack before 8 PM. However, that snack is becoming a meal, and quite hefty. Want to pare it down. So today i'll keep it to a single yogurt or something. Perhaps today i will make some split pea soup to keep in the fridge; i have a garlic and red onion that are getting old.
  • cschmitz110515
    edited December 2022
    Recap 12/27 T
    1) PT exercises :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / >7,500 steps :neutral: 6.1K 13 floors 11/14
    3) Make potato/leek soup supper ~ yum! / net calories zero / >64 oz. water :s Evening eggnog with rum put me over... oops. Haha. Net cals -527, sodium green YAY, fiber & calcium ok, protein low-ish, carbs good, water 72 oz.
    4) Something on ta-da list :smiley: washed dishes, cleared some papers, recyclables out to bin TA-DA!
    5) Floss / retainers / pray :smiley: 3x

JFT 12/28 W
    1) Move hourly
    2) Walk dog at NWTC
    3) Not sure of supper / net calories zero / >64 oz. water
    4) Prep: bday card for niece, TY to SW, holiday card to T&S / put away clean dishes / another ta-da? / 5:30 GBBG Garden of Lights / drop mail at P.O. after
    5) Floss / retainers / pray

Weather is switching from way below normal temps to a little above. Still cold with wind chills, but I'll take it! In a bit, I'm going to layer up (me and dog) and walk at nearby tech college. Plan to make two loops around campus & complete my 800km badge for MapMyWalk yearly challenge. Won't reach the final badge (1,022km) this year, but I'm happy with my progress, and knees aren't killing me like last winter.

Tonight, hubby and I have timed reservations at the nearby botanical garden to see the light displays. We're doing the walking route, which is .85 mile, and skipping the horse-drawn wagon this year. That will be fun! Probably go out for dinner after, since I don't want to cook or reheat leftovers after.

5# Challenge ~ using my Sat. w-i
    Nov. 12 = 175.5
    Nov. 19 = 175
    Nov. 26 = 176 Thanksgiving foods
    Dec. 3 = 175.5
    Dec. 10 = 175.5 staying steady, at least not gaining
    Dec. 17 = 174.5 yay
    Dec. 24 = 176 holiday treats, no dog walks

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    65 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~
    • 1.31.22 forgot to measure & log (DDS 8:20, quick stops at bread store & grocery essentials, then to mom & dad's for her bday)
    • 3.1.22 (still recovering from flu 2.23-2.25)
    • 3.31.22 maintaining not gaining
    • 4.30.22 barely maintaining
    • 5.31.22 ack
    • 6.30.22 ups & downs in June, but no worse at end of month
    • 8.2.22 up again ~ gah! (lazy in July & ate whatever I wanted)
    • 9.1.22 not doing so great eating-wise
    • 9.30.22 leveling off, starting downwards again :)
    • 10.31.22 not pretty... I can't stand being this heavy again!
    • 11.30.22 Thanksgiving foods put me up
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Started PT (physical therapy) exercises 1.28.22 due to overuse of arthritic knees
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • Frenzy on the Fox (River Trail) 5K on 1.21.22 ~ untimed event, per MapMyWalk 53.47 & ave. pace 16:30, frigid this year with wind chill at zero
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22 ~ medico nixed race b/c inflammation in knee due to overuse & my arthritis = sad me but good for my knee
    • Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 (first time in person since 2019) ~ 1:41:02 ave. pace 16:27 first half 51:35 second half 50:26 & knees were fine :star: happy me
    • Packers 5K on 7.16.22 ~ 48:48 average pace 15:43 finished 37/81 in my age group (I'm oldest year in range haha)
    • Bellin Women's 5K on 10/1/22 (Packers 5K discount yay) ~ 48:56 ave. pace 15:45 overall 202 of 296 :star: not too shabby 9 days before I turned 65yo
    • register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K on 10/8/22 (price goes up in Sept) ~ reconsidered due to knees on nature trails with rocks, tree roots & finishing up a very steep sledding hill... have decided not doing this year (maybe ever again = sad me b/c I love trail events)
    • watch for other events to add ~ None. Sad that City Stadium Run for Veterans no longer, ended by the pandemic.
    • maybe Jingle Bell 5K in person this year? need to watch for skipped virtual local event
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement ~ not much progress lately, at least dining room done
    Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    edited December 2022
    JFT, Wed, 12/28
    1. Join Weight Watchers online!!! DONE!!! They are having a special ... $10.00 a month for online only. 3 years ago I lost 38 pounds.. so I know it works. Last time I did do the meetings, and made "lifetime", which means if you are at your goal weight it is free the rest of your life. Well.. covid happened, and I gained, and gained. I am so out of control. So when I saw this special... I am worth spending $60.00 to get 6 months of help!! And, hoping to get back to lifetime... where I can attend meetings if I want to. But ... I still plan to continue this thread, and log on here.. more accountability.
    2. concentrate on water
    3. mindful eating
    4. log all my food... concentrate on fruits, veggies, eggs, proteins.
    5. no snacking...
    6. write out my goals .. and my whys
    7. 2023 will be my year to get back in shape
    8. go to the gym *DONE!
    9. work on yearly tax stuff
    5 pound challenge .. lost 5# by end of year! Weigh-ins
    Trying to weigh every saturday
    November 12: 205.0 ! Yikes. I knew I was up, because my jeans are once again tight. So my goal is to be back in onderland by January 1st!
    Nov 18: 207.2 --- the scale is going the wrong direction.. and when I look back, I know why.Its mindless eating of even "healthy" foods like raisins, banannas, nuts, etc. So, that must stop
    Nov 26:
    230. going in the wrong direction... back to starting weight ... but tomorrow is a new day. too much overeating for thanksgiving, so hoping for a loss next week.
    Dec 3: 205.0... back where I started almost 3 weeks ago... not being too successful so far. But my downfall is still evening snacking, and not enough water. Goals for next week: 4 out of 5 nites no snacks :s ( Failed on this one .. probably managed 2 nites), aim for 6+ water each day :s (Big fail on this).
    Dec 10: 204.8 -- not much, I was hoping it would be more. Goals for next week: 8+ water a day; 4 nites with NO SNACKS in the evening.
    Dec 17:
    210. I am hoping this is just a fluke that I am up almost 2.6 pounds! I did better, but then again, had 4 days of pizza, so thats probably the reason. But ... I need to stay accountable!

• more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same food at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • Bex953172

Hahahah yes it does. I always use symbols so it doesn't blank it out like F!©k it hahah
  • Bex953172
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    JFT, Wed, 12/28
    1. Join Weight Watchers online!!! DONE!!! They are having a special ... $10.00 a month for online only. 3 years ago I lost 38 pounds.. so I know it works. Last time I did do the meetings, and made "lifetime", which means if you are at your goal weight it is free the rest of your life. Well.. covid happened, and I gained, and gained. I am so out of control. So when I saw this special... I am worth spending $60.00 to get 6 months of help!! And, hoping to get back to lifetime... where I can attend meetings if I want to. But ... I still plan to continue this thread, and log on here.. more accountability.
    2. concentrate on water
    3. mindful eating
    4. log all my food... concentrate on fruits, veggies, eggs, proteins.
    5. no snacking...
    6. write out my goals .. and my whys
    7. 2023 will be my year to get back in shape
    8. go to the gym *DONE!
    9. work on yearly tax stuff
    5 pound challenge .. lost 5# by end of year! Weigh-ins
    Trying to weigh every saturday
    November 12: 205.0 ! Yikes. I knew I was up, because my jeans are once again tight. So my goal is to be back in onderland by January 1st!
    Nov 18: 207.2 --- the scale is going the wrong direction.. and when I look back, I know why.Its mindless eating of even "healthy" foods like raisins, banannas, nuts, etc. So, that must stop
    Nov 26:
    230. going in the wrong direction... back to starting weight ... but tomorrow is a new day. too much overeating for thanksgiving, so hoping for a loss next week.
    Dec 3: 205.0... back where I started almost 3 weeks ago... not being too successful so far. But my downfall is still evening snacking, and not enough water. Goals for next week: 4 out of 5 nites no snacks :s ( Failed on this one .. probably managed 2 nites), aim for 6+ water each day :s (Big fail on this).
    Dec 10: 204.8 -- not much, I was hoping it would be more. Goals for next week: 8+ water a day; 4 nites with NO SNACKS in the evening.
    Dec 17:
    210. I am hoping this is just a fluke that I am up almost 2.6 pounds! I did better, but then again, had 4 days of pizza, so thats probably the reason. But ... I need to stay accountable!

Deffo worth the money if it's on offer! I try to never pay full price for anything 😂