Random Thought For the Day

Replies

• Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited December 2022

Why have I never googled this 😂

❤️
    glassyo wrote: »
    I'm trying to pick out a holiday card to send to our clients and I've decided that owls are creepy. Staring at you all wide-eyed, head halfway twisted around on their body. Like in the Exorcist.

(I also can't make the signature part not sound pervy. "....and his staff".)

Happy holidays from Joe schmo &staff (without the pronoun)

Or

Or happy holidays from Joe Schmo & all of us here at Joe Schmoe enterprises

Also have you ever seen what owls look like when their feathers are wet or compressed? Funny looking

h5rdyr7haqj1.png
  • Butt_Snorkeler
    Butt_Snorkeler Posts: 167 Member
    My coffee shop barista, a nice lady who has poured me the same Americano for 2 years, actually had my coffee ready and waiting for me when I arrived this morning. I love it when good people surprise me. :)

I frequented the same sushi place for many years. The owner and staff always gave me the employee discount of 30% and never charged for alcohol. Regardless, I would usually order about $100+ each time I visited and tip the staff the 30% that I was discounted. Owner sold the restaurant a few months ago and all the staff rotated out as well. Good bye favorite sushi place. -_-

Awww, that's rough to lose a good restaurant, and you were so good to the staff :-(

In the meantime, don't forget to please post a picture of your convertible if you buy it/have bought it already :-)

Yea. Noone likes the new owner. They kept 1 or 2 of the original sushi chefs, but I still dont go because I dont want to support the new owners. Call me petty. I actually know them personally and they used a business loan for the restaurant to buy designer bags and watches and go on a vacation overseas.

Put an offer on the E46 M3 convertible with hardtop that I found sitting in a driveway, but the owner wanted $10k more than it was worth. Flying down to Florida in a few weeks to look at this puppy and maybe bring it back up as my xmas present. V8, 550hp, rear wheel drive, red interior, still 30k niles left on warranty

lkr9njko7fqt.jpg

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,582 Member
    I'm trying to pick out a holiday card to send to our clients and I've decided that owls are creepy. Staring at you all wide-eyed, head halfway twisted around on their body. Like in the Exorcist.

Or

Also have you ever seen what owls look like when their feathers are wet or compressed? Funny looking

This was my original idea but with just the Joe Schmo's name.

And then there'd be a nice, little saying on the back of the card.

Oh God, I could have fun with that personalization!

itsow2v9x7sk.png
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    edited December 2022

Or

itsow2v9x7sk.png
    PENGUINS!!!! Good choice
    Eta: Yes I agree just all of us from the company name Sounds best but I wasn’t sure if your boss is an egomaniac
  • glassyo

Or

itsow2v9x7sk.png
    PENGUINS!!!! Good choice
    Eta: Yes I agree just all of us from the company name Sounds best but I wasn’t sure if your boss is an egomaniac

No. Wait. I nixed that "From all of us" one because it didn't have a Season's Greetings or Happy Holidays in front! That's how I came up with Joe Schmo and His Staff :)

(Ok, last year we did "and Staff" so I'll go with that even tho the "From All Of Us" went soooooooooo well with the penguins!) :)

• TwitchyMagee

Or

itsow2v9x7sk.png
    PENGUINS!!!! Good choice

No. Wait. I nixed that "From all of us" one because it didn't have a Season's Greetings or Happy Holidays in front! That's how I came up with Joe Schmo and His Staff :)

(Ok, last year we did "and Staff" so I'll go with that even tho the "From All Of Us" went soooooooooo well with the penguins!) :)

I’m glad this isn’t my job 😂

• glassyo

Or

itsow2v9x7sk.png
    PENGUINS!!!! Good choice

I’m glad this isn’t my job 😂

LOL have I mentioned I'm indecisive?

I spent way too much time last night trying to pick a card and verse :)
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    ago56qgxtab5.png
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,416 Member
    7z9xfyeuohqg.jpeg
  • honey_honey_12
    4sqomgs1nvm3.jpeg
  • honey_honey_12
    2kbcvmhoub4c.jpeg

ipbb850mo65g.jpeg
  • honey_honey_12
    o41ti2khvktg.jpeg
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,125 Member
    conversely: "Luke, I am your father." 😂
  • honey_honey_12
    iwdrdv0slcu0.jpeg
  • honey_honey_12
    caxp7tfc3dvz.jpeg

🙄
  • honey_honey_12
    bv7npi5w6b9m.jpeg

• MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    I can’t stop thinking about how my gym made this Christmas tree out of protein jugs last year. And the first day it was up this guy accidentally knocked it down. 4:45am, first camp of the day. I didn’t see it happen but I saw enough. And I’ve been lol’ing about it the last few days.
  • TwitchyMagee
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    I can’t stop thinking about how my gym made this Christmas tree out of protein jugs last year. And the first day it was up this guy accidentally knocked it down. 4:45am, first camp of the day. I didn’t see it happen but I saw enough. And I’ve been lol’ing about it the last few days.

I would’ve paid a couple of bucks to see that
  • TwitchyMagee
    bv7npi5w6b9m.jpeg

Meh. *kitten* em.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »

I would’ve paid a couple of bucks to see that
    I’m wondering if I’ve seen footage of it. Most of the time when one of us falls in our group chat we ask the owner for the footage so we can show each other and laugh. I did not get it for my injury. It wasn’t even a fall. It was a lame *kitten* side shuffle. I have fallen, but not that day.