Options
1193194195196197199Β»

Replies

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options
    JFT for 12/31/2022 (today)βœ”οΈ
    1) Can have dessert today.
    2) None of DH's stash today, including the Mexican sweet breads.
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 12/28)
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday 1/2 (last 12/22)
    5) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 12/29). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok)
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (last 10/19) (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.
    11) No tamales today
    ================== 4DW started =============
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

***Not doing until next week, still pretty weak!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options
    Mini success for the day!

I've had lunch! I mentioned yesterday I wouldn't skip meals so I've had soup, but with no bread to dip in which I ALWAYS do.
    And I'm 3 waters down! So on track for my 8 for the day!
    Asking as I get 6 in before I go to bed I'm good because my bottle next to my bed is 2 cups worth and I've always drank it before I've gone to sleep.

Can't wait to see your walk pictures @PackerFanInGB ;)

Hey @Bex953172 I'm just now getting back on here! I just can't seem to have a whole month of not getting derailed! Good Lord. I'm determined that 2023 is going to be different.

Anyway, here is a picture of today's walk with my Maddie! (First walk we've taken since this post, actually! Boy am I glad I took one today and actually took a pic while doing it. I needed to send it to my husband to show him I took her and not to worry if he got back home before us. LOL!) A lot of the snow melted here the past couple days. We had a huge snowstorm, right before Christmas, but then it had gotten up into the 40's a few days ago and melted a lot of it. Yay!

013pixligq23.jpeg

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Hi everyone! I hope y'all had a wonderful holiday season! I am making a promise to myself to faithfully log on here and keep myself accountable. I did so well in past years when logging into JFT every day and quite frankly I miss you all too! You were a part of my daily routine and I felt a kinship with so many of you. So....I am posting here on the last day of this year and plan to hop onto 2023 JFT thread (if there is one? I haven't checked yet...) tomorrow. I say it every year...that this will be my year...and then it isn't. But this past year I worked through so many things that were mentally draining, and I really think I needed to do that and continue to do that to succeed in weightloss. I am an emotional eater, and until I find another way to deal with those emotions, I will continue to eat to soothe myself and to entertain myself. That right there is the key to weght loss for me! No more mindless grab-@$$ing!

So, JFT - Saturday - December 31, 2022 (Goodbye 2022...don't let the door hit you in the @$$ on the way out!)
    1. Make a 24H plan and assess yesterday's. :) DONE
    2. Drink 64 oz water :) DONE
    3. Walk Maddie :) DONE
    4. Close Activity rings on watch.
    5. File Tim's end-of-year paperwork, or at least start it
    6. Put away one shelf of Christmas decorations
    7. Do one Body Groove video
    8. Continue sewing blocks for Amelia's lap quilt.
    9. Evening Routine: Clean & close kitchen. Set up coffeemaker. Daily Log/Gratitude Journal. Devotionals & S.A. readings. .

WOTY 2022: Intentional. This was not a good word for me this year. My word should have been "Cluster F..." because that is what the year felt like! Chaos. I shall have a new word for tomorrow that will be more realistic! :)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I plan to start a new thread for 2023!!!
    I'll attach a link when I do it!!!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 Looking forward to the new thread for 2023! I love reading everyone's posts, makes me aware that I'm not alone in this journey. <3

Recap 12/30 F
    1) Move hourly :smiley: 11.1K 24 floors 9/14
    2) Treadmill (want to reach 500 miles YTD, only 2.7 to go) :smiley: temps mild enough (wind chill 25F) so drove dog to NWTC, walked to botanical garden & around campus 3.08 miles so logged 500.4 miles in 2022 YAY! :mrgreen: happy dog & happy me
    3) Leftover Olive Garden for lunch / not sure of dinner ~ leftover soup & cornbread / net calories zero / >64 oz. water :) net cals -114, sodium green yay, fiber ok, protein & calcium low, carbs good, 72 oz. water
    4) Call mom & dad <3 & arranged next visit date / wash dishes / clear some papers / digital declutter / check DVR / another ta-da? none that I can think of, but decent day :)
    5) Floss / retainers / pray :smiley: 3x

JFT 12/31 Sat. ~ slept in, late start today
    1) Month end w-i & measurements done / log on MFP
    2) Move hourly / >7,500 steps / maybe PT exercises
    3) Market on Military / Sam's Club / shop online (discount code) / 5:00 church service

Not logging food today, as hubby and I plan to celebrate New Year's Eve the way my family did when I was growing up... snacky foods for supper & all evening. He doesn't drink (alcohol) but I may have an adult beverage or two haha. I don't care about net cal goals today. Happy New Year, my JFTers! :smiley:

5# Challenge ~ using my Sat. w-i ~ didn't do so well overall, but maybe would've been much worse without this challenge? Anyhoo...
    Nov. 12 = 175.5
    Nov. 19 = 175
    Nov. 26 = 176 Thanksgiving foods
    Dec. 3 = 175.5
    Dec. 10 = 175.5 staying steady, at least not gaining
    Dec. 17 = 174.5 yay
    Dec. 24 = 176 holiday treats, no dog walks
    Dec. 31 = 177 still holiday treats, but 2 dog walks last week of Dec. = yay!

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    65 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~
    • 1.31.22 forgot to measure & log (DDS 8:20, quick stops at bread store & grocery essentials, then to mom & dad's for her bday)
    • 3.1.22 (still recovering from flu 2.23-2.25)
    • 3.31.22 maintaining not gaining
    • 4.30.22 barely maintaining
    • 5.31.22 ack
    • 6.30.22 ups & downs in June, but no worse at end of month
    • 8.2.22 up again ~ gah! (lazy in July & ate whatever I wanted)
    • 9.1.22 not doing so great eating-wise
    • 9.30.22 leveling off, starting downwards again :)
    • 10.31.22 not pretty... I can't stand being this heavy again!
    • 11.30.22 Thanksgiving foods put me up
    • 12.31.22 month end weight stayed the same, at least not worse
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Started PT (physical therapy) exercises 1.28.22 due to overuse of arthritic knees
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • Frenzy on the Fox (River Trail) 5K on 1.21.22 ~ untimed event, per MapMyWalk 53.47 & ave. pace 16:30, frigid this year with wind chill at zero
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22 ~ medico nixed race b/c inflammation in knee due to overuse & my arthritis = sad me but good for my knee
    • Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 (first time in person since 2019) ~ 1:41:02 ave. pace 16:27 first half 51:35 second half 50:26 & knees were fine :star: happy me
    • Packers 5K on 7.16.22 ~ 48:48 average pace 15:43 finished 37/81 in my age group (I'm oldest year in range haha)
    • Bellin Women's 5K on 10/1/22 (Packers 5K discount yay) ~ 48:56 ave. pace 15:45 overall 202 of 296 :star: not too shabby 9 days before I turned 65yo
    • register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K on 10/8/22 (price goes up in Sept) ~ reconsidered due to knees on nature trails with rocks, tree roots & finishing up a very steep sledding hill... have decided not doing this year (maybe ever again = sad me b/c I love trail events)
    • watch for other events to add ~ None. Sad that City Stadium Run for Veterans no longer, ended by the pandemic.
    • maybe Jingle Bell 5K in person this year? need to watch for skipped virtual local event
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement ~ not much progress lately, at least dining room done
    Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • mytime6630
    Options

5 pound challenge .. lost 5# by end of year! Weigh-ins
    Trying to weigh every saturday
    November 12: 205.0 ! Yikes. I knew I was up, because my jeans are once again tight. So my goal is to be back in onderland by January 1st!
    Nov 18: 207.2 --- the scale is going the wrong direction.. and when I look back, I know why.Its mindless eating of even "healthy" foods like raisins, banannas, nuts, etc. So, that must stop
    Nov 26:
    221. going in the wrong direction... back to starting weight ... but tomorrow is a new day. too much overeating for thanksgiving, so hoping for a loss next week.
    Dec 3: 205.0... back where I started almost 3 weeks ago... not being too successful so far. But my downfall is still evening snacking, and not enough water. Goals for next week: 4 out of 5 nites no snacks :s ( Failed on this one .. probably managed 2 nites), aim for 6+ water each day :s (Big fail on this).
    Dec 10: 204.8 -- not much, I was hoping it would be more. Goals for next week: 8+ water a day; 4 nites with NO SNACKS in the evening.
    Dec 17: 209. I am hoping this is just a fluke that I am up almost 2.6 pounds! I did better, but then again, had 4 days of pizza, so thats probably the reason. But ... I need to stay accountable!
    Dec 31: 206.8. Ready to start a new, fresh year!

[/quote]

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. No more desserts today! Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

WTFY 2023 will be "Priorities."

Love this. Great Focus for 2023!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

πŸ³πŸ¬πŸ™πŸ¬πŸ³πŸ¬πŸ™πŸ¬πŸ³
    🐳🐬DECEMBER 2022🐬🐳
    Yay!!! Over the worst!!!
    2 negative tests and sinuses clearing

Just watching BBC coverage of the storms raging across America. Please take care dear friends.

So glad you’re on the mend, Terri!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Recap 12/28 W

Yesterday I completed 800km year to date for MapMyWalk annual challenge. Very happy about that. Finished day by walking through Garden of Lights at botanical garden, at concession stand drank hot chocolate & ate popcorn, followed by dinner date with hubby. We haven't done much of that (like, none) since I retired, so it was nice. <3 (We brought leftovers home.) Plus, I saw several former colleagues that I used to get together with monthly, pre-pandemic. So good to see them!

Sharing a few photos from Wednesday:
    My 800km badge
    htx5lmh38m92.jpg

Under the Pond ~ the air bubbles "move"
    1g38ml8cgl9m.jpg

Icicle Forest
    srrfmx5ix8jl.jpg

Me on the bridge
    l4l6cd9vncli.jpg

Veggie Tails Garden
    97w5rj1u2m0r.jpg

Congrats on completing your MapMyWalk challenge! Love the photos from the botanical gardens! I’ve always wanted to go but never have. Your hair has gotten long! You look great!
  • mytime6630
    edited January 2023
    Options
    I started a new thread for 2023.. So I hope you all hop over and join me for another year!!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10880799/just-for-today-one-day-at-a-time-daily-commitment-for-2023/p1?new=1
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    So, JFT - Saturday - December 31, 2022 (Goodbye 2022...don't let the door hit you in the @$$ on the way out!)
    1. Make a 24H plan and assess yesterday's. :) DONE
    2. Drink 64 oz water :) DONE
    3. Walk Maddie :) DONE
    4. Close Activity rings on watch. :) DONE
    5. File Tim's end-of-year paperwork, or at least start it :#Tried, but couldn't get logged in. Try again on Monday.
    6. Put away one shelf of Christmas decorations :) DONE
    7. Do one Body Groove video :(NOPE. KNEES TOO SORE AFTER MADDIE WALK.
    8. Continue sewing blocks for Amelia's lap quilt. :)LAID OUT TOP INTO FINAL VERSION
    9. Evening Routine: Clean & close kitchen. Set up coffeemaker. Daily Log/Gratitude Journal. Devotionals & S.A. readings. :)Will keep working to make these all a habit.

WOTY 2022: Intentional. This was not a good word for me this year. My word should have been "Cluster F..." because that is what the year felt like! Chaos. I shall have a new word for tomorrow that will be more realistic! :)

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    I started a new thread for 2023.. So I hope you all hop over and join me for another year!!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10880799/just-for-today-one-day-at-a-time-daily-commitment-for-2023/p1?new=1

See you there! Thanks Joan!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options

Thank you so much! JFTing has been so helpful for me! :smiley:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    Options
    🐳🐬January 2023 🐬🐳

β€’ December a trial for me. Although I had a bad bout of Covid, I managed to stay on point,
    β€’ I am continuing with my present routine in January.
    Focus for January:
    β€’ Recovery time. Avoid added sugar
    β€’ work on strength and flex
    β€’ Adhere to Daily Solid Habits
    Avoid sugar!
    πŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’š
    Strength/flex:
    πŸ‹πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ‹πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ‹πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ‹πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
    Current Solid Habits
    πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»

πŸ¦„ Terri