Shape Shifters Team Chat - JANUARY 2023

jugar
jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
edited January 2023 in Social Groups
2ujzw9ne0lz2.png
Happy New Year! Here is your Team chat room for January 2023. This is where you weigh weekly, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

This month's F2F goal? Let's not be that dreaded drop-out statistic! Stick with your new year energy and follow through. As a team we can do it!

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and open

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @fatfifties
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28 & @PatriceFitnessPal

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The January challenge runs from January 1 - 28. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat thread. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,007 Member
    wl915uq4smsm.jpg
    FAQ for New Shape Shifters Members

How do I post my weigh in?

Userid
    (Day of Week) Weigh-in
    PW: 204 lbs (previous weight)
    CW: 202 lbs (current weight)
    LTD: 12 lbs (optional loss to date)

Where is the Weigh in stats spreadsheet?
    Start at the Fat2Fit Main Page and under the header information, you’ll see a section at the bottom that says “TO ACCESS THE SPREADSHEETS FOR JANUARY CLICK HERE” followed by the link in blue. Once you click on that link, it will take you to the Summary page. Find Shape Shifters on the tabs at the bottom and click on that and that brings you to the stats page. Also on this page (scrolling down), you’ll find the Step Challenge chart as well. This is where we record your daily steps if you sign up to be part of the monthly step challenge. More info on how to sign up is below! Join us!

How often should I post in the chatroom?

Whenever you have a question, suggestion, story, news announcement or just want to brighten someone's day!! There's never too much...and please share recipes, tips, laughs, challenges, cartoons, pictures of your pets, pictures from walks you've taken, etc...we love it all!!

What if I have to be out of town during my weigh in?

Send a message to one of the Captains (JessicaKrall8) in the chatroom or in a private message on MFP's mail and let her know your circumstance...if it's just for a week or two, you can be excused from the weigh-in. If you must leave for longer than a month, you may be moved to our support team until you return. When you're ready to come back, send another message and the MODS will move you back to active status.

What happens if I miss a weigh in?

If you're late, you'll be marked as LWI (late weigh in). If you fail to report in at all, you'll be labeled as NWI (no weigh in). After two NWIs, you're put on the drop list if you explanation has been provided. It's always best to let your Captain know what's going on and she'll make sure you're covered.

How do I sign up for the Step Challenge?

Send the Captains a message that you'd like to join, provide your daily step goal and tell her your favorite place to walk. It's that simple!

Do I have to re-register each month to remain part of Team Shape Shifters?

No, your membership will carry over month to month. The only place where this is NOT true is for the Step Challenge. You have to sign up each month to participate in it and this gives you the opportunity to adjust your daily step goal.

If I've missed anything or questions arise, just post them! We'll find the information you need as much as possible! Hope this helps!

Welcome!
    Jessica :smile:
  • jessicakrall8
    0693hicagyry.jpg

WELCOME @Nixoncat1 to our team!! Glad you found us! Hope you'll find this support resource as wonderful and helpful as I have in the past five years! I'm Jessica, your Team Captain. On behalf of the whole team and your two Motivators @PatriceFitnessPal and @angmarie28, we're anxious to watch you meet your goals!

Take a few minutes and introduce yourself. Let us know a little about your goals for January and beyond! Also, go to either pg 1 of this December thread and read our FAQ or look for the FAQ on page one of the new January thread. It should answer many of your basic questions about how things work around here. Anything not covered, just post a message and several will likely chime in to help. We want to be a source of inspiration and help on your journey!

Good luck in January!
    Jessica :blush:
  • jessicakrall8
    edited December 2022
    @kodakslim Looks like that's what's listed on the chart, so yes, go with that.
    Jessica
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 508 Member
    Gm yall. I'm so glad today is the last day of the year and the holiday season is coming to a close. Not so much eating out for awhile. Ugh. So how are yall getting into 2023?
  • nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 135 Member
    nancyinmo
    Saturday weigh in
    SW: 185.2
    CW: 186.2

Well, this could have been much, much worse lol. Glad the holidays are coming to an end!
    Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year— May we all reach our goals in 2023!!!
  • jessicakrall8
    Happy New Year to everyone.
    Let's hope we all work hard to meet our fitness goals.Good to have the support of my Shape Shifter friends on here.Couldn't do it without our inspirational captain @jessicakrall8 thank you so much for your time & positive encouragement you give to the team.
    Best wishes & hope 2023 is a great year.
    Another photo of the park,shame there wasn't a band playing today.
    s0o0lgbjjup0.png

Thank you @izzyred9400 for your friendship, support and kindness this year through some rough patches. Thank you for your kind words! You guys inspire me so much! I wouldn't say I met all of my goals this year, but I'm stronger and have increased my walking, so there's that! Just think...you and I could walk the park, then curl up on one of those benches to read and talk about the coming new year!! Wish we lived closer, my friend!! LOVE that picture!

I just finished putting together our Group Challenge for next week and it's a great one! Will get everone motivated and ready to take charge in 2023 I believe! Hope all of my Shape Shifter friends will join us starting Sun, Jan 1st for it. I'll be posting the new link a little later this afternoon! Watch for it!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    The January Week 1 Group Challenge is ready to begin on Sun, Jan 1st. Please join us for "Things to Decree in 2023". Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10880699/january-week-1-group-challenge-things-to-decree-in-2023#latest

Hope to see you there!
  • jessicakrall8
    r7gw3dxapz6k.jpg

Happy New Year to the absolute BEST support team around! Thanks for encouraging me and keeping me accountable, but smiling all year long! May 2023 bring you good health, happiness and lots of love!

• jugar
    January Habit Tracker! A great way to check off those little habits every day:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10878952/habit-tracker-january-2023#latest
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,241 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    January Habit Tracker! A great way to check off those little habits every day:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10878952/habit-tracker-january-2023#latest

Happy New Year!!
    I have already put mine in😊
  • jugar
    Another wonderful new member for a new year! Welcome @zog_a_log :smiley:
  • zog_a_log
    zog_a_log Posts: 33 Member
    Thanks @jugar - excited to be part of this group!
  • TexanMom8152
    TexanMom8152 Posts: 76 Member
    @cre804 - What a small world, that was Keller UMC right after the 7:30 service.

Welcome to all the new folks.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,041 Member
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Fri 12/30: 10,944
    Sat 12/31: 11,101
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,157 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

vjqtxa748w4c.png
    p43yl4qypvoz.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png