JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    @Snowflake1968 Oh my gosh, that's right! Jonah! I mixed you up with a different friend who has two grandgirls. He's 11 years old! Goodness, times goes by quickly. Michaela is still just as adorable as ever! Also, that is SO cool that you have the quilt blocks your grandmother made! I'm a very sentimental person so having something like that would mean the world to me. I suck at sewing, but I'm learning! YouTube has been a very good friend to me... :heart:

@cgottschlich That's a good idea...having someone to text and prompt to go to the gym. My daughter-in-law recently began going to the gym. Perhaps I should ask her to text me once a week and ask me if I've gone yet? I'll have to think about that.

@mytime6630 Your post is EXACTLY what I needed to read today. Health and strength are the bottom line biggest most important reason I want to do this. Of course, I'd like to wear cuter clothes and all the things too, but the real reason for wanting to lose weight is for HEALTH! I want to be active, strong, healthy and live independently for as long as I possibly can. I want to have adventures now that I'm retired! And I know this is my reason and so important and I write about it all the time in my journal, but it's funny how when you read it in someone else's words it just hits home so much harder. BAM! 💥 It's hard to get that strength back once you lose it. Prevention is the key. Thank you for posting this. I'm going to print your words off and read them often. I hope you don't mind!

@renaegry I had FitBits but switched to an Apple watch about 3 years ago because my work partially reimbursed me for it. I really like it! However, I don't plan to replace it when it no longer works, because I'm retired now and on a smaller income. But I will miss it. It has so much functionality. Of course, the FitBits I had were bare-bones, used only for measuring my sleep and steps (that's all I really wanted them for at that time), so maybe they have all the same functionality as the Apple watch does now? I've gotten used to having my text messages and phone apps available on my wrist... Oy. Technology. 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

@Bex953172 I never realized how many ADHD tendencies I have until I retired! Without the structure of an actual calendar schedule of meetings and project timelines, I find myself in a constant state of overwhelm, getting absolutely NOTHING done most times because I don't know where to start so I just don't. I just realized that I need the structure and I've started making lists of what I need to do and breaking it down into small doable steps which takes the overwhelm "where do I begin" scrambled thoughts down a notch in my head. Perhaps you could write on a whiteboard the things she needs to do and break it into baby steps she can easily check off as she goes? Like have a heading of

Clean Room
    #1) Pick up toys
    #2) Put clothes in a pile
    #3) Put books on bookshelf

Let her check them off as she does them and give her a smile or sticker on the days she does it... then at the end of the week have some kind of reward system? 5 days of Smiley faces gets her a special treat, 7 days gets her one-on-one time with mom, or whatever she would see as a reward? It might help her to make it into a habit and eventually she won't need the chart...

Not gonna lie, from reading your posts, I had wondered 😂 sometimes I think oh that sounds familiar. You do seem to have quite alot of tendencies.

With me I NEED routine. But I hate routine.
    My "routines" don't ever last longer than about a couple of weeks. If that. Might last longer if I feel it's important.

I do need to tell my drs tbh. I mean since I was 15 they couldnt understand why I never took my thyroid meds. And I just forget. Simple as that. I forget. And I couldn't even explain to them why
    They were just like "set alarms" so I did, I'd read the alarm and be like "right yes I'll take my meds in a min". Gone.
    My best approach is leave them out where I can see them
    Out of sight is LITERALLY out of mind.
    But it's not foolproof. I do forget still.

Ash can ask me for a drink and by the time I've got down stairs which is around 12 steps, I've forgot. 😂😂

I honestly don't know how I'm functioning sometimes

Sometimes it sounds fun and quirky to have but it's actually really bloody hard to even do the simplest of tasks. Which is so frustrating.
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,505 Member

JFT for 1/6/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 1/3)
    2) None of DH's stash today, including the Mexican sweet breads.
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 12/28)
    4) Don't weigh again until Friday 1/6 for nutritionist (last 1/5)
    5) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/4). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok)
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (last 1/3) (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)
    10) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin today.
    11) Tamale ok today
    12) No croissants today
    13) Can have coffee stuff early today due to early appointment.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

***Starting again, but slowly

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member
    edited January 2023
    Didn't post goals yesterday, but it was a good day. I took my mom and my aunt to my great-aunt's funeral. Connie used to watch me when I was young, so we had been pretty close, but I hadn't seen her in about 20 years. I spoke with her son a couple of months ago and found out she was healthy and happy, but suffering from Alzheimer's. She was 87. Though the circumstances were not great, I got to reconnect with family I hadn't seen since I was a kid. It was fun to see the families that have grown.

I got home from the funeral around 2:30, started some laundry and took a glorious nap. Y'all know I love my naps. Woke up when the kiddo got home and talked to her a bit, then she too went to take a nap. I stayed up, but enjoyed the quiet time. Eventually Tim came in and we went out for dinner and trivia. I had a couple of drinks, but kept the calorie count in a good place. Plus we won at trivia which is always fun. Still got home by 9:00pm. Kiddo got home at 10:30 from theater practice, then we talked for nearly an hour and a half. She and I talk often, but she and her dad don't. Last night it was all three of us and it was good conversation. No arguing. No criticism. Just conversation. It was worth staying up late.

This morning was a bit of a mess. I woke up at 6:45, and remembered that I had a 7:00 meeting. Luckily I had my computer at home or there would have been zero possibility of making this meeting. There were only 3 of in the meeting so it would have been super noticeable. Oops...

Tonight, I plan to stay in and finally take the indoor Christmas decorations down and get my living room back. I will miss the festive atmosphere, but it will be nice to ditch the pine needles and have a crisp clean room again.

JFT Goals Friday
    - Up by 7:00 :smiley:
    - Weigh in :smiley:
    - Meetings :wink:
    - Work by 8:00 :( 8:10
    - Meetings :(
    - Work on customer complaints
    - mini meals
    - More water than soda
    - log food
    - Exercise
    - lean & green dinner, lean protein, 2-3 servings of veggies & low-ish carb.
    - No alcohol
    - Bed by 11:30
  • pridesabtch
    Bex953172 wrote: »

That's not a bad idea lol!
    She really struggles to tidy up. She just sees the mess and is instantly overwhelmed. I know exactly how she feels. So I sit with her when she's tidying and tell her which bits to do. So like "just concentrate on picking up all the toys" then when she's done that I'll say "put the clothes in a pile and I'll sort through dirty and clean"

@Bex953172 - My youngest is the same way. It has gotten to the point that I have in general given up. I used to help her in a similar manner to how you help, but now that she is older she doesn't want my help. For Christmas, she cleaned it for me, but it's already out of hand again. Part of it is that she is very busy, but part of it is that she is too distracted and then too overwhelmed to deal with it. I just don't know how to help her. I wasn't that different as a kid, my mom was just meaner about having me pick up. It wasn't until I was in college and had a roommate that I finally started living a little less cluttered lifestyle. Then when I got married it got a little better. Then I had kids and I got down right obsessive about cleanliness and order. Now I think I'm regressing a bit, and letting things be a little less "perfect", still clean though and mostly picked up.

As for homework, V is relatively self motivated by grades. She does at times get overwhelmed by the magnitude and difficulty of assignments, but her larger issue is becoming fixated on one thing at the detriment of others. For instance she has a large project due for AP English and she it consumed by making it perfect. In doing this, she has been letting work slip in other classes. It's a hard balance for her to keep.

All in all, I try to keep her aware of things that need done, so she doesn't completely lose sight of the end game. Of course, then she feels like I'm nagging. Parenting is tough...

I also was finding not taking the time to respond to people was making me feel bad, so I would stop. Hopefully I can keep it up this year. I know JFT works!

@Snowflake1968 I find that I don't always comment like I used to either, but I don't feel bad about it. Folks on here are all busy living their lives and understand. The only time I actually look for a response from folks is if I ask a question or for advise. In those cases folks that can comment do, but I don't expect everyone to. Give yourself some grace.

And I am really glad to see you participating again. I was a little worried about you last year as I know you were very stressed out with work before you stopped posting. I'm happy you are well.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Friday
    1. THINK PINK.
    2. Update class website. Trim posters & begin hanging.
    3. Write "How Do Taxes Work?" script. Work on WFTY blog post. (Sketch?)
    4. Reading - hard copies. Update Goodreads!
    5. Review S&F and Clois. Call to set up testing for ADHD and set up nurse on insurance.
    6. Duolingo. Write Weekly Wins blog post. Write email to supt & include PDF.
    7. Clear space in office to move books.
    8. Evening: Dems meeting 630 library. Dinner: Salad. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Sat take Starbucks card on walk! Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Friday evening out. Saturday YMCA/park walk? Sunday RC and podcast.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 200.8

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit). ALA conference registration by March.

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Do years of service transfer? Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba.

10. Immediate family: 20m room cleaning daily. When room is clean, nap together. Zoo? Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Load books in crate for McKay's. Work on staying home solo when dark. When is annual checkup? When is next therapy appt? Discuss regressive behaviors & becoming nonverbal when upset.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; Hawaiian shirt. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? Dentist April 19 11a. Therapy FEB???. How to respond to regressive behavior? Obgyn Mar 15 11a.

12. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared."

WFTY: Priorities. Happy Friday! Oof, yesterday was a FULL day. I need to revise this to make it clear what's happening during which class now that we're back in school. Ain't happening today, though! :D
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.
  • clicketykeys
    @clicketykeys I miss Park Run! Mine's really far and hard to get to. But def doing it again when i can fit it into my schedule. Btw, whats your blog?

So glad you had a great day! I'm very grateful to have a number of lovely walking areas not too far from my house. The closest park is within walking distance, but I'm partial to one that is a little further away (about a ten-minute drive) that has a path loop that's a little longer ... plus it has more Pokéstops to spin! It's also very popular with people who want to walk their dogs, so I get to see lots of puppy friends running around, and apparently good for flying kites.

My blog is one that has some reflections about teaching; I use my legal name there, not my pseudonym, so I don't tend to cross over, though.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    JFT 1/5/2023, Thursday
    1. Write 24H plan & assess yesterday's :)
    2. 64 oz water :(48 oz of water and 16 oz coffee with cream. Want to get 64 oz of pure water.
    3. Close activity rings. :)
    4. Podcast (pick 2): Half Size Me, No BS (or) Losing 100 Pounds with Corinne, Joyce Meyer, Therapy & Theology, The Exam Room :)
    5. Body Groove Day 2 of YCDI (play catch-up on videos by Misty) :(I don't want Tim around when I do this and he just never left the house today!
    6. Wash dishes & clear countertops, set up coffeemaker for a.m., and close kitchen by 8pm. :)
    7. Put workout clothes on and drive to gym. Reward myself with massage chair and maybe tan to get some "sunlight" if I spend at least 15 min on treadmill? :(NEED TO JUST DO THIS!
    8. Spend at least 30 minutes in sewing room. Pick a project: Finish quilting Terry's quilt. Amelia's quilt top - finish joining rows and add borders. Finish MSQC quilt. More blocks on my mini charm block quilt. Bathroom wall-hanging. Table runner? Declutter and/or de-stash fabric. :)
    9. Take beginning-of-month measurements and update. Update Habit Tracker. :(What can I say? I suck at follow-thru.

JFT 1/6/2023, Friday
    1. Write 24H plan & assess yesterday's
    2. 64 oz water
    3. Close activity rings.
    4. Podcast (pick 2)
    5. BG Day 2 of YCDI (play catch-up on videos)
    6. Wash dishes & clear countertops, set up coffeemaker for a.m., and close kitchen by 8pm.
    7. Put workout clothes on and drive to gym. Reward myself with massage chair and maybe tan to get some "sunlight" if I spend at least 15 min on treadmill? -- Leave this on my list until I do it!
    8. Spend at least 30 minutes in sewing room. Pick a project: Finish quilting Terry's quilt. Finish adding border to Amelia's quilt/run to quilt shop or Joann's & pick up backing and batting. Finish MSQC quilt. More blocks on my mini charm block quilt. Bathroom wall-hanging. Table runner? Declutter and/or de-stash fabric. Need to finish Amelia's quilt for her birthday. Focus on that project today!
    9. Take beginning-of-month measurements and update. Update Habit Tracker.

January's 5 lb challenge!
    My weigh-in day is Sunday.
    SW: 1/1/2023 = 182.8 lbs
    GW 1/31/2023 = 177.8 lbs
    Ultimate GW = 140 lbs

This week:
    1. Pay bills and look at budget. Cancel subscriptions to services we don't use or watch.
    2. Make appts: Brittany. Dermatology. Dr. S. CPAP guy.
    3. Get info for new insurance dental/medical cards
    4. Send email to April C with update about Brittany
    5. Make veggie & bean minestrone soup and freeze individual servings
    6. Make cream of potato soup and store in individual servings
    7. Prep veggies/salad bar in fridge

This month:
    1. Begin collecting tax documents
    2. Checkbook

January 2023 WOTM: Balance In January, I will reflect on ways to bring more balance to my life physically, mentally, and spiritually. I will establish boundaries which will bring a sense of peace and balance to my life.

[/quote]

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited January 2023
    @snowflake1968 Please don't feel bad if you don't have time to comment. I'd like to comment but don't always know what to say and I don't want to spend too much time on my computer. Like @pridesabtch said, we're all busy living our lives. I, too, worried about you when you weren't posting JFT. Happy to see you back! <3

Recap 1/5 R
    1) Move hourly / min. 7,500 steps / help hubby shovel driveway, walkway & patio when snow stops ~ yes, we have snow again, not much but ground is so much brighter than dormant grass :smiley: 8.3K 22 floors 12/14
    2) PT exercises :smiley:
    3) Make cabbage/sausage soup for supper ~ yum / net calories zero / >64 oz. water :p Evening eggnog (almost gone) with rum, minor regret LOL. Net cals -164, sodium HIGH ack, fiber, protein, carbs & calcium ok, 96 oz. water
    4) Webinar 2-3 linemen working in our backyard & we lost WiFi just as webinar started, regained WiFi just before 3 haha / prep potatoes, bacon (hubby did yay), onions for F breakfast ~ did while WiFi was down / Our Wis. order / digital declutter / clear some papers / another ta-da day got jumbled up, still some stuff done
    5) Floss / retainers / pray :smiley: 3x

JFT 1/6 F
    1) Move hourly / >7,500 steps
    2) PT exercises
    3) Farmers breakfast yum & done / eat light rest of day / net calories zero / >64 oz. water
    4) Balance bank accts / update budget s/s / Our Wis. order / Acts 1:8 Foundation pledge / webinar recording (unfortunately no CPE for this) / 2023 tab for CPE Log / start putting decorations away / organize stuff that needs glue repairs / clear some papers / digital declutter / wash dishes / anything else?
    5) Floss / retainers / pray

I got response from MapMy support, not particularly helpful in that they never addressed my very specific question. The link sent to more instructions was the exact same stuff I had read on the website before I contacted them. I tried again this morning to link my Fitbit to MapMy app, but no luck. Then I noticed I received a challenge progress badge for my distance so far, only two days late. Apparently MapMy updated my challenges for my manually logged treadmill, just like in past years. So maybe it was their app issue, not mine. Yay!

5# Challenge ~ according to my "official" Sat. weigh-ins:
    Dec. 31 = 177

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    65 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2023 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be satisfied if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes now that I have the time
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x)
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Continue PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,023km challenge started on Jan. 1
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km. Not the full challenge, but with knee issues early in year, I was happy to get this far.
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • register for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.4.23 ~ I had to cancel in 2022 due to inflammation in knees from overuse & arthritis (medico advised)
    • register for Bellin 10K on 6.10.23 ~ 2022 first time in person since 2019 & not as large of turnout, still 4,000+ participants
    • register for Packers 5K ~ date TBD
    • register for Bellin Women's 5K ~ date TBD (1,000+ for all races in 2022)
    • watch for other events to possibly add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Excellent goal previous years, to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in mid to late 80s and live 90 miles away
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others in town, now that I'm retired
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Made great progress on first floor of house in 2022, keep going
    Word for 2022-23: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • pridesabtch
    Forgot to post this morning

Bex I'm in for the 5lb January challenge...
    Jan 3: 160.8
    Jan 4: 159.2
    Jan 5: 158.4.
    Jan 6: 157.6 (lining out from cycle and big meals at the beginning of the week - likely all water weight)

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    I took the plunge and bought an Apple Watch 8 cellular and gps. Not taking it out of the box thou till screen protectors get here in a few weeks.
  • more_freggies76
    edited January 2023
    Hour commitment - After I finish my hot cocoa, I won't eat again until after 5 pm. Can still have my dose of metamusal. Didn't mean too, but the tamale I chose tasted more like a dessert tamale. (I have all these tamales in my freezer that my friend brought, but they aren't marked. Evidently some are sweeter, with some honey and raisins in them.) That's ok. Honest mistake. Had not planned to have desserts today but I ate it anyway. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch.
  • Bex953172
    @pridesabtch How old is your youngest now?
    Tbh when I hit teenagers I think my parents gave up. They nagged alot but tbh my mess was contained to my room. But the mess. My god. You couldn't see the carpet put it that way and is wasn't exactly a small room. Floordrobe is the perfect term. And then just clutter. Everything cluttered.
    What used to annoy my mum worse is she used to say "I don't know how you find anything in this mess" and one time I was like "humour me, ask me where something is" so it was like hairbrush, straighteners, my purse... I knew where it all was. Organised mess I called it lmao. Think she hated me a little bit on that one.

I mean up to highschool I got fairly high grades. As, Bs and C's and one U (basically ungraded) because I despised the subject. But as soon as I hit college and I was more responsible for my own learning (rather than detention for not doing homework in high school) I found it much harder to learn. "Draft copies" were always my final copies. Some subjects I'd be great at, for psychology we had to learn and know 75 different studies over various topics. But we had to know the theory, the sample type, the study involved, how many participants, the ethics and the conclusion. But because I loved the subject I learnt it all. When I got into the exam hall though it's like everything I had ever learned just disappeared. So college didn't go great and I didn't go to uni.

I found it hard to find and/or get jobs. The only job I did get my dad practically forced me to the interview. But then I'd always go above and beyond in my job.

I'm now also becoming very aware of how distracted I get, how often I zone out when someone's speaking to me and just generally how awkward I am around people 😂

Sorry I'm going on now, could speak all day about it haha
  • cgottschlich
    cgottschlich Posts: 57 Member
    Ahhh, why do i not come here everyday? So much more to read if i skip.

Yesterday was nice!

I slept through breakfast tho, so i had to work to hit my points.I think my circadian rhythm is shifting later. But i'm okay with that. If it's meant to shift back it will.

I ate a bunch before bed again tho. I actually cant tell if its affecting my sleep or not. Probably most of my problems in bed are my weight (sleep apnea). I'll revisit this question later.

It weird knowing that i'm gonna score a weightloss at my weigh-in tomorrow. Ive been sorta keeping an eye on it, and its been dropping fast. I hate this part. But come saturday, most of my waterweight should be gone and i can look forward to less stress next week. Week 2 of a diet always has some waterweight loss as well but much less and after that i should be done done. I'm still trying to keep my diet higher on the carbs and lower in the fats so i dont deplete my glycogen stores. Which is both easier on WW (because zero point foods, minus eggs, are all low fat; very low fat actually) and harder (harder to eat calories overall; if i spent all of my points on bread, that would only be 136 g of carbs and 726 kcal; any more carbs i would have to get from beans and bananas which is very difficult). I must be doing a half-decent job because, although my energy levels have been fluctuating, theyve been getting better with time.

Yesterday i did some laundry and tidying. Today, much more laundry, and some more tidying.

Last night i had a social! Went to a Shogi group and saw some new faces. Very nice. And was introduced to a very intriguing game shop. Ive always wanted to watch Warhammer 40k. Today theres no socials planned, which is nice. Today will be a nice chill day by myself. And the rain has stopped, so easy errand running today.

My midday meal was a bit weird. I thought maybe i overstuffed myself out of anxiety. But now that time has passed, i'm still hungry. Just had three small chocolates and i hate to stop myself, so now i'm eating bread. And because my bfast had so few points, i'm still in the clear―half my daily points left, and 12 weekly points left despite the end of the week being tomorrow. Maybe its stims withdrawal.

Now i'm just waiting to warm up a bit so i can take a shower without wanting to die (i get very cold in the shower, dont ask me how!). Then i'll finish my morning routine and ideally get started on a WW recipe that looked good. I really love cooking now that i'm doing WW, cause i can easily make tasty foods that are zero points, which means i dont have to worry about portioning when i take some out of the fridge. :p

They were just like "set alarms" so I did, I'd read the alarm and be like "right yes I'll take my meds in a min". Gone.
    I'm very similar. I had to stop doing the "ok i'll remember to do this in a second". NOPE doesnt work. When my BC alarm goes off, i will not turn it off until i take my pill, even if it annoys everyone (although if i absolutely cannot take it atm, i just reset the alarm for however minutes in the future i need).

Probably everyone is like this to at least some degree (hence not taking and todos being a common thing). But it varies. Hubby routinely forgets i'm like this because he's like this too but significantly worse. He looks at me like i'm some memory GOD. But half of its just coping strategies. :D

So glad you had a great day! I'm very grateful [...]
    Oh strange, i think i misread somehow. I thought you had mentioned something called Park Run (or sometimes Park Walk) which is an event for runners and walkers (started in the UK, the first US one is a city away from me). I actually have quite a few parks around here, although the neighboorhood i live in is so pretty and quiet, i dont have to go far at all to have a good walk. :smiley:

• pridesabtch
    Tbh when I hit teenagers I think my parents gave up. They nagged alot but tbh my mess was contained to my room. But the mess. My god. You couldn't see the carpet put it that way and is wasn't exactly a small room. Floordrobe is the perfect term. And then just clutter. Everything cluttered.
    What used to annoy my mum worse is she used to say "I don't know how you find anything in this mess" and one time I was like "humour me, ask me where something is" so it was like hairbrush, straighteners, my purse... I knew where it all was. Organised mess I called it lmao. Think she hated me a little bit on that one.

I mean up to highschool I got fairly high grades. As, Bs and C's and one U (basically ungraded) because I despised the subject. But as soon as I hit college and I was more responsible for my own learning (rather than detention for not doing homework in high school) I found it much harder to learn. "Draft copies" were always my final copies. Some subjects I'd be great at, for psychology we had to learn and know 75 different studies over various topics. But we had to know the theory, the sample type, the study involved, how many participants, the ethics and the conclusion. But because I loved the subject I learnt it all. When I got into the exam hall though it's like everything I had ever learned just disappeared. So college didn't go great and I didn't go to uni.

I found it hard to find and/or get jobs. The only job I did get my dad practically forced me to the interview. But then I'd always go above and beyond in my job.

I'm now also becoming very aware of how distracted I get, how often I zone out when someone's speaking to me and just generally how awkward I am around people 😂

V is 17. She will go to college in the fall and we will be empty nesters…. Not sure I’m really ready for that.

• more_freggies76
    JFT for 1/6/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 1/3)✔️(except mistake with sweet tamale)
    2) None of DH's stash today, including the Mexican sweet breads.✔️
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 12/28)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Friday 1/6 for nutritionist (last 1/5)✔️
    5) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/4). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (last 1/3) (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)✔️
    10) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin today.✔️
    11) Tamale ok today✔️
    12) No croissants today✔️
    13) Can have coffee stuff early today due to early appointment.✔️

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

JFT for 1/7/2023 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 1/3)
    2) None of DH's stash today, including the Mexican sweet breads.
    3) Can have peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 12/28)
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday 1/9 for nutritionist (last 1/6)
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/4). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok)
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (last 1/3) (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.
    11) No tamale today
    12) No croissants today
    ================== 4DW started =============
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

***Starting again, but slowly

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Goals for 1/6
    - yoga ✅
    - Crochet ✅
    - Log all food and water ✅
    - Eye doctor appointment ✅
    - fold clean laundry ❌

Daily gratitude: went to the eye doctor today because I’ve been seeing floaters recently and didn’t know if it was something to worry about or not. But the doctor said my eyes look fine so now my mind is at ease. Also, my yoga and crocheting both seemed a little easier today so I’m happy with that.

Goals for 1/7
    - Yoga
    - Crochet
    - Log all food and water
    - Make progress with editing
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    JFT - Fri Jan 6th
    Log all Food - 🙂
    Drink 2L water - 1L
    Visit JFT - 🙂

JFT - Sat Jan 7th
    Log all Food
    Drink 2L water
    Visit JFT

@pridesabtch - Work is going OK right now because my boss is on a leave.
    It was a tough year last year.

ADHD - I am shocked at how many people have been diagnosed lately in my circle of young women. When they tell me it’s like it all makes sense.
    @Bex953172 and @pridesabtch - you two have described my daughter perfectly. In all of it. I appreciate hearing it from other perspectives. We had a house fire in 2005 when she was 16. We were away camping for the weekend and came home to a sign on the door. The fire chief that met with us, asked whose bedroom hers was and told her how dangerous it was not only for her if she would have been there and couldn’t get out safely, but also for his crew that had to go in blind. Like you Bex, she could tell you where anything was though.
    @cgottschlich - I agree I think everyone has some form of it. I know there are a lot of things I’m noticing about myself that probably is and I’ll be 55 this year.

Have a great day tomorrow
  • Bex953172

V is 17. She will go to college in the fall and we will be empty nesters…. Not sure I’m really ready for that.

Awh nooo :( don't think any mother is ready for that! I'm certainly not and I've got ages to go!
    I'm dreading the teen years when I have to let them go out by themselves. Or even when they're old enough to go to nightclubs. I'm gonna be a nervous wreck.
  • Bex953172
    I had a busy busy day yesterday.
    The kids have nits again, it's tricky because I paid for the treatment but then on the box it says "re-treat in 7 days". But by then I've used the solution and it's not exactly cheap. Around £10/bottle and it does one maybe 2 treatments, so I have to spend £20 just to do the four of us.

Anyway I rang the Drs asking if they could prescribe something instead because I can't afford the treatments right now. And they said they don't prescribe but I can go to a particular pharmacy that is part of the Minor Ailment Scheme over here in the UK. Where people who would normally get prescriptions free (low income, under 16, over 60 or medical exemption) can get free OTC medicine.

So I went there, it's an hour walk to go there and come home. I went, then they had to order it in because there was non on the shelves. It arrived that afternoon and are not open on Saturdays so I had to walk there again.
    So two 1hr walks yesterday, I was shattered, my feet and ankles hurt. And I'll be honest, they've gave me the most rubbish treatment ever.

When I was a kid the treatments were ones you'd have to leave in for 8 hours. So you're talking around 22 years ago. Since then, the treatments available roughly take 15 minutes, with some.more expensive ones needing only 5 minutes to be effective. There's spray bottles, foaming sprays, gel sprays, all these wonderful advancements in treatments and they give.me the 8 hour solution without the spray bottle which means I'm gonna get it everywhere because I'm gonna have to pour it in their heads?

So it's difficult. I'm grateful for the free treatment. It helps alot. But it was not worth the two hour walk. It was for the kids sake, but not for the treatment they got.

Anyway. If you made it this far.. thank you. And sorry haha I keep making really long posts at the minute just chatting bout.my life lmao x
  • clicketykeys
    edited January 2023
    JFT Saturday
    1. YMCA classes. Tweetchats.
    2. Duolingo. Reading? Brunch.
    3. Laundry?
    4. Reading - Libby. Update Goodreads!
    5. Write S&F and Clois. Blog post?
    6. Park walk?
    7. Organize office - make space for books.
    8. Evening: RELAX. Dinner: Soup. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Sat take Starbucks card on walk! Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Friday evening out. Saturday YMCA/park walk? Sunday RC and podcast.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 200.2

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit). ALA conference registration by March.

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Do years of service transfer? Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba.

10. Immediate family: 20m room cleaning daily. When room is clean, nap together. Zoo? Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Load books in crate for McKay's. Work on staying home solo when dark. When is annual checkup? When is next therapy appt? Discuss regressive behaviors & becoming nonverbal when upset.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; Hawaiian shirt. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? Dentist April 19 11a. Therapy FEB???. How to respond to regressive behavior? Obgyn Mar 15 11a.

12. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared."

WFTY: Priorities. Oof, first Saturday of the new year. It'll be interesting to see how crowded it gets XD
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.