Shape Shifters Team Chat - JANUARY 2023

Replies

• izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 905 Member
    Izzyred9400
    Sat weigh in
    PW 138.8
    CW 138.6
    A tiny loss but I will take it.Had an active week exercise wise but it was my hubby's birthday & we went out for a big meal this week.Thats the end of celebrations for a while thank goodness ! @Pupowl I know your frustration re the scales but you've had consistent losses for a long time,I'm sure it's just a blip & think positive that you didn't gain.Im sure you will enjoy spending time with your Mum,I'm like her & never know what day it is when it's Bank Holidays,it's an age thing haha.
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 524 Member
    @Pupowl I love the colours in your puzzle. @jessicakrall8 I hope you see a great kitty
    @ewilhelm2487 that sounds awful, glad you’re doing better. I was wondering what happened.
  • kodakslim
    kodakslim Posts: 90 Member
    Daily Check-in

Yesterday I logged some of my food but I got to a point where I didn’t bother. I had a bit of a stressful day and the lack of sleep was getting to me too. However, I’m back to tracking today.

Well done to everyone for weighing-in. I think it’s important to weigh-in regardless of a loss, gain or STS. Keeps us accountable :)

Daily steps challenge
    ⭐️6 Jan - 6,090

Have a great weekend everyone x
  • nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 146 Member
    nancyinmo
    Saturday weigh in
    PW: 186.2
    CW: 185.6

Good morning Shape Shifters! This was a tough week: yes, there was a loss, but it was a week of eating out and celebrations. Going to Jazzercise daily probably saved me from having a gain lol. Next week will be better! Have a great day!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    Hey y'all, Jessica can I be put back on for weigh ins every week?
    Sorry I've been MIA these last weeks as I was incredibly sick.
    I got sick on Halloween and it lasted 8 weeks. I started smelling this horrible smell all the time and thought it was me. I started losing my mind. Come to find out I was smelling the infection in my body. I was almost septic and was on antibiotics, steroids and was a mess.
    My kids (3 years old and 9 months old) ended up getting sick and then sick again the day before Christmas Eve.
    2 weeks ago I started having chest pain and difficultly breathing and I started getting light headed when doing anything sort of activities. I've been basically sedentary for months. 🙄😭 So we have had a pretty miserable last few months and I just didn't have it in me to keep up with weight loss. Today is honestly the first time I've stepped on my scale since November.
    If I can rejoin, Saturdays will be my Weigh in day and my starting weight is 236.9. I have no idea what my previous weight was.

@ewilhelm2487 My goodness you've been through the storm, haven't you?!! So glad you're better now! I've sent a message to the MODS to move you back to active. Give us a bit to get it done and thanks for including all the info I needed for the request! I'm sorry that your holidays were all tied up in this. I went through a similar infection (septic) in the hospital a few years ago and nearly died...thought it was something else and it was an infective mass that had ruptured...horrible experience. So glad you're ok. What did they say about the chest pain and breathing issues? Was that tied to the same infection or something else? Anyway...SO glad to hear you're getting better and you'll be stronger and back to normal in no time, I have no doubt! Make sure you resume activity slowly though...so as not to injure yourself! Welcome back!

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    CasandraW wrote: »
    CasandraW Steps
    January 4 10,587
    January 5 6,072
    January 6 10,700

@CasandraW You stinker!! You passed me this week! UGH! LOL :smiley:
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    @KHill875 I can't keep up with y'all and your incredible steps this week!!! WOW! Great steps this week! Of course, I'll NEVER catch @Pupowl or @casandraw but we'll all cheer each other on, right?! Great job everyone! I think we're gonna hit top 3 this week in losses too! YAY! Look at y'all go! Bunch of losers! :wink:
    Jessica
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 518 Member
    @jessicakrall8 , hugs hunny. If you ever need to talk, get ahold of me,pm. I can shoot you my digits if need be. Ik how hard it is since we both lost a furbaby so close in time. I still find it hard at times because I'll accidentally call Dinah the old man.
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 518 Member
    Question for my team mates here: anyone had a colonoscopy done? Shoot me a pm and let me know what to expect the day of
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 192 Member
    pedal__power
    PW: 198.4
    CW: 198.4

Happy new year Shape Shifters! Sorry to have been MIA lately, we hosted friends this week and now we are out of town at a hockey tournament. I just got back from the hotel gym, was a nice change to use some different equipment. I haven't yet gotten my nutrition back on track, planning to do that this week.
    Hope you all are well!
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 192 Member
    Steps (goal is 14K)

1/1 14,445
    1/2 13,081
    1/4 15,142
    1/5 15,356
    1/6 16,768
    1/7 9,923
  • GwenS23
    GwenS23 Posts: 11 Member
    @jessicakrall8 Thank you.
  • jessicakrall8
    edited January 2023
    Steps (goal is 14K)

1/1 14,445
    1/2 13,081
    1/4 15,142
    1/5 15,356
    1/6 16,768
    1/7 9,923

@pedal__power May I have your first name for the chart, please? I asked a few days ago, but perhaps you missed my message. Nice stepping this week! WOW! Someone else I need to try and keep up with!! LOL :blush:

FYI, I had you down with a 15k goal...I've adjusted to 14k.
    Jessica
  • Nataliewr0403
    Nataliewr0403 Posts: 71 Member
    Nataliewr0403
    Saturday
    PW 135.2
    CW. 135.8

I just completed week 6 of 8 on a exercise program and well, I was hoping some weight change but it goes up and down all week (up to 138 a few days ago). Maintained my calorie deficit every day, water intake was good…I do feel stronger and went down almost an inch in my waist so I guess that is something.
    Hope you guys have an amazing week
  • Nixoncat1
    Nixoncat1 Posts: 22 Member
    Sorry, guys, my weight went up this week.
    I blame hormones :(
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 200.5
    CW 199.0

I’ve had bronchitis and laryngitis for over a week now and I am so ready to be over this. No workouts, no eating plan, nothing. On the good side, since I haven’t gone to the gym or PT since last year, er, week, my knee pain has improved. But it’s been exhausting not being able to breathe properly. I get out of the shower and I have to rest, and I’m too tired to even fix breakfast. I am improving though so I hope to get back on track soon.
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    @Pupowl Beautiful Puzzle! Sorry about the miscommunication with your mom.... I would be frustrated too.

Had a lovely run in Central Park this morning even though I rolled my ankle in the first half mile looking around. The skating rink was very fascinating! I ended up going to the main road because of this, and there was a 10K race going on! Wish I'd known! Ran about 2 miles next to the course. Ankle a little tender but I still have a week until the half-marathon so I should be fine. My cousin, Julie, who is a fabulous runner, is joining for the race too!
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    @ewilhelm2487 So sorry about your illness. And with little ones- it makes it even more difficult. Glad you are finally on the road to recovery.
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 524 Member
    CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 227
    CW 233.4
This discussion has been closed.