Shape Shifters Team Chat - JANUARY 2023

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,061 Member
    Nixoncat1 wrote: »
    Sorry, guys, my weight went up this week.
    I blame hormones :(

Never apologize @Nixoncat1 ! It's all part of the journey...just post your weigh in and carry on!
    Jessica
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 515 Member
    @Nixoncat1 , remember the scale isn't always the most accurate thing to measure our successes by. How our clothes fit, how our mental, emotional, and physical appearances reflect outward...etc
  • jessicakrall8
    edited January 2023
    CasandraW wrote: »
    CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 227
    CW 233.4

@CasandraW I had you on the Support team...are you ready to be moved back to the active team, since you posted a weigh in? Please let me know and I'll get you moved back...don't see an IM that I missed of you letting me know and didn't see a post.
    Jessica
  • TexanMom8152
    TexanMom8152 Posts: 76 Member
    @cre804 and @ewilhelm2487 - hope you get to feeling better soon

@Nixoncat1 - weight loss is never a straight line - think of it like a roller coaster

Tomorrow my son heads back to school. It's been nice having him home. School starts back up on the 1tth, so he will have a few days to get back in the swing of things on campus. We are planning a trip out there next weekend since we both have Monday off.
  • jessicakrall8
    The January Week 2 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin Sunday, Jan 8th. Hope you will join us for the Live and Learn Challenge, designed to get you active and share some knowledge with others...Live and Learn! Look forward to seeing your posts each day. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10881472/january-week-2-group-challenge-live-and-learn#latest

Jessica :blush:
  • jessicakrall8
    p95nq0c6cswv.jpg

Missing the following weigh-ins for the first week of January. Stats begin early Sunday morning, so please report in ASAP! Thanks!

@messycreator
    @Lynniebinny76
    @Nixoncat1
    @SavannahS2016

Steppers...report your steps in please. Thanks!
    Jessica
  • GwenS23
    GwenS23 Posts: 11 Member
    GwenS23
    Saturday weigh-in day
    PW: 295 lbs
    CW: 290 lbs

I know this doesn't count for a weigh in for this wk but wanted to put it in to explain the gap.
  • jessicakrall8
    GwenS23 wrote: »
    GwenS23
    Saturday weigh-in day
    PW: 295 lbs
    CW: 290 lbs

I know this doesn't count for a weigh in for this wk but wanted to put it in to explain the gap.

@GwenS23 Wow!! You're doing such a great job so far!!! Show us how it's done gal!!! WOOHOO!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    @pupowl @izzyred9400 @CasandraW Went to the shelter and had a great time today...was nice to love on all the fur babies and soak up some purrs. Until the 16th of Jan, all adoptions are only $25 (usually $75) and I had no idea that was going on. I didn't find one today because it was quite crowded, being Saturday and all. It was a little hectic for me, so I plan on going back on Tues/Wed night as they're open a little later and I can stop on my way home from work. I went ahead and picked up some supplies I needed (new litter box and cat carrier) and a couple of new toys. I saved many of my old ones as well. It's only a matter of time. I did have 2-3 that caught my eye today...A year old boy named Snowball (mostly white with a little grey in his coat), Amer shorthair breed...very loving, but a little scruffy like he's had a hard start in life...little nip out of one ear (poor thing)...a 2 yr old girl named Lana, very tiny shorthaired grey tabby...and a 11 month old dark grey girl. Couldn't fill out an application until I choose one, so I will wait on that. Will keep you all posted. I dropped off a bag of food too for the shelter.

Set my goal of 38 miles intentional walking for January. Also participating in a challenge with my walking group of 99 miles in 99 days. 7 days into January and I've done 10.3 miles so far. Great start! Trying to do at least a mile a day...and hit my 7300 steps a day as well. I easily hit the mileage with my step count, but I only count my intentional walking when I set my watch to track my walks (usually before and after work). I hope this will help with my weight loss too. I'm minimizing my snacking, eating two meals a day and fasting between 6pm and 10 am every day. So those are my goals so far for the year.

Hope everyone is enjoying a nice peaceful Saturday evening. I'm off to watch a movie. Hope to see many of you in this week's Group Challenge...posted the link a couple of hours ago.

Take care!
    Jessica
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 524 Member
    @jessicakrall8 please move me back to active
  • kodakslim
    kodakslim Posts: 90 Member
    👣Daily Steps Challenge
    ⭐️6 Jan - 6,090
    ⭐️7 Jan - 4,713
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,528 Member
    @jessicakrall8
    Wow, $25 is super cheap. At my shelter is it $117 for adult cats and $150 for kittens. Sounds like there are a lot of nice cats at the shelter. Good idea to go back when it is more quiet. I never went to the shelter for a cat, but if I did, I would take my time for sure. Tinus is from the shelter, but I didn't get him the 'normal' way.
  • Bumbinella
    Bumbinella Posts: 90 Member
    Hi all, I definitely need to check this chat more frequently. Just read up on all the comments and God, is @Pupowl‘s cat cute ☺️. That look on his face… he must be so fun to have around. l love cats, but my husband is allergic to cat hair, so no fur babies for us. Keep the pics of your fur babies coming, please ☺️❤️

My weekly check in is today, so here goes:

Name: Bumbinella
    Weigh ins: Sunday
    PW: 169,8
    CW: 169,8

I was quite good with staying within my calorie limit this week and worked out 3 times, but unfortunately the scale didn’t move. Trying an egg fast next week to get out of the stall… wish me luck 😉
  • Lynniebinny76
    Lynniebinny76 Posts: 455 Member
    I am so sorry - I have been ill with this darn ear infection that hasn't gone away since the week before Christmas and it's getting old! Thought I was getting better when I joined here but back at urgent care yesterday. Womp womp.... Also realizing it hasn't been as easy as I thought it would getting back to the habit of MFP tracking. I'm going to give this my all starting today.

I did weigh in on my day though I felt asleep again before posting.
    Wednesday
    PW : don't remember 😞
    CW : 242.9

Is that how I do it? Now I'm going to go check out the challenge 😀
  • jessicakrall8
    @Lynniebinny76 Nice loss! Sorry that you have been so sick. There's a LOT going around everywhere...at my work, my closest friend was out two days this week, my boss was out two days...my colleague who sits behind me came to work with a scratchy throat on Thursday and made it through the day...came back again Friday and by noon, he was such a mess...could barely breathe. I'm sure he was in bed most of the weekend...might not see him Monday. I wore my mask faithfully and I'm ok. Hope you feel better soon!

@pupowl I was surprised too with the rate at the shelter...they are nearly full though, so I get it...trying to get the numbers down before the spring brings all the new kittens. I really don't want a kitten though...prefer a year old, who's already litter trained and socialized somewhat. Looking forward to going back one night this week. I'll keep you posted! I can sympathize with what you said about scary movies/shows...don't watch them anymore as I also soak it up and dream about it. Some of the crime shows are getting edgier too...trying to compete with the cable networks, so pushing things to more violence, and it's the mind-game stuff that also messes with your head! In any case...I get it!

Woke up early this morning and couldn't wait to walk, so I did a little over a mile, right off the bat. It's in the low 30s here, just above freezing, so walked indoors...even did a little dancing, I have to admit! LOL No, there is no video! I'd be embarrassed to death! :smiley:

Getting ready to head out and pick up a few supplies for the week. Enjoy your day!
    Jessica
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
    Nixoncat1 wrote: »
    Sorry, guys, my weight went up this week.
    I blame hormones :(

Please be sure to post a number - even if it goes up, it is all information, right? Hormones happen :grimace: and ups and downs happen - no worries! But the spreadsheet eats only numbers :smiley:
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,258 Member
    Steps:
    1/4 6,456
    1/5 5,853
    1/6 4,962
    1/7 7,214
  • SavannahS2016
    SavannahS2016 Posts: 350 Member
    edited January 2023
    Hi all my name is savannah I have been here (MyFitnessPal) for a long time.
    I am a mum to 3 children 9 5 and 1year old still breastfeeding him.
    First day on the diet looking forward to starting this challenge to help me stay on track.
    I'm going to have another good look at the page tonight when the children are in bed and note down anything I need to track and things
    January 1st 205lbs
    January 8th 202lbs
  • jessicakrall8
    Hi all my name is savannah I have been here (MyFitnessPal) for a long time.
    I am a mum to 3 children 9 5 and 1year old still breastfeeding him.
    First day on the diet looking forward to starting this challenge to help me stay on track.
    I'm going to have another good look at the page tonight when the children are in bed and note down anything I need to track and things
    January 1st 205lbs
    January 8th 202lbs

@savannahs2016 Please go back to pg 1 of this chat thread and read our FAQ. Let me know if you have other questions. We record the weigh ins up to the tenth of a pound, so 205.0 and 202.0 is correct for you?
    Jessica
This discussion has been closed.