Shape Shifters Team Chat - JANUARY 2023

Replies

• izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 904 Member
    My steps from start of the month,my NY resolution is to post them every few days,apologies @jessicakrall8.
    1/1 16,218
    1/2 8,510
    1/3 14,041
    1/4 12,700
    1/5 15,459
    1/6 15,723
    1/7 8,482
    Eventhough I have managed to get to my target of 15,000 steps a few times I do find I struggle in the winter.I find walking in place at home soon boring.Any tips from the super stepper @Pupowl ? Also I am with you on the scary movie theme.I do not like watching scary movies,especially if I'm on my own.I can't stop thinking about them & don't sleep well.I still get nightmares from films I watched when I was younger 😱
    @jessicakrall8 I'm sure you will find your perfect companion again soon.Or they will choose you,good luck with your next visit to the shelter.
  • SavannahS2016
    SavannahS2016 Posts: 350 Member
    @jessicakrall8 Thank you I will go back and read :) the correct measurements are 204.6 and 201.6
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

urglprmqbcah.png
    a5bd6e3wl7af.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    fh5x6wfq9qxe.png

By Pounds
    v8dfykf057ez.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    hdxa6nbmbri7.png

By Pounds
    fiz0gfr2egrk.png
    uh78gsn06umk.png

Team Winners
    pdwylmv5m31z.png
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,070 Member
    s0ff2lorvt5s.jpg
    CONGRATS to all those who placed or got an honorable mention! WTG Shape Shifters! Nice job this week!!

Jessica
  • kodakslim
    kodakslim Posts: 90 Member
    Daily Check-in

I haven’t chosen the healthiest of foods today but I did stay within my calorie allowance, so that’s something.

Well done to the team for getting a place this week :)

Daily Steps Challenge
    ⭐️8 Jan - 6,044
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 270 Member
    weigh in: Sunday
    SW: 255
    PW: 192.0
    CW: 192.5

Steps
    1/1 Sunday 2313
    1/2 Monday 4275
    1/3 Tuesday 2114
    1/4 Wednesday 4196
    1/5 Thursday 3327
    1/6 Friday 3667
    1/7 Saturday 2457
    1/8 Sunday 3312
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,138 Member
    edited January 2023
    @jessicakrall8
    I was thinking I'd skip the steps challenge this month, but I'm missing it. With the weather changing, I expect I'll have to move indoors. We've had some serious rain and flooding here in the Central Valley of California. I did manage a 3.12 mile (5 km) walk yesterday although it was starting to sprinkle towards the end. I have a treadmill, but honestly, I'm not that fond of walking on it. I also have a recumbent bike (I rode it earlier this evening for the first time in months), but the problem is, I don't get steps from that activity. So, my plan is to try to use the treadmill at least a little and to use the recumbent bike for the extra "steps", even though they won't be counted. I'm cutting my steps goal in half for that reason.

New daily step goal for January: 5,000
    Sun 1/1: 11,551
    Mon 1/2: 12,006
    Tue 1/3: 11,541
    Wed 1/4: 10,101
    Thu 1/5: 10,441
    Fri 1/6: 14,938
    Sat 1/7: 12,266

Thank you!

P.S. I forgot to mention, another option for me is mall walking. I've done that occasionally, but there's always people getting in my way! But I might be able to walk in the mall before the stores open. It does confuse the heck out of my watch though, because the GPS sensor can't get a signal, so the map of my route looks like a scribble! πŸ˜‚
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,780 Member
    1/5-8,354
    1/6-9,645
    1/7-7,747
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,780 Member
    I worked oit Friday and went ice skating with the kids yesterday (thank god I didnt fall and break a hip, lol) i plan on getting up at 530 am to workout, going to try and get back into my fitness routine.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,536 Member
    @izzyred9400
    I agree that stepping in the winter is harder. And yes, stepping inside is pretty boring. I don't think I have any good tips for that. I step when I go outside with Tinus, which is also pretty boring. :smiley: He will just sit somewhere and look around for 20 minutes while I am stepping in place like a weirdo. In that sense, indoors is less boring for me because I can at least put on some nice music. I am also a bit of a thinker, so I can usually keep my mind pretty busy when I am stepping. Personally I find it less painful to do 30 minutes of stepping in a row than 5 minutes at a time but more often. I get easily distracted so those handful of minutes don't really do a lot. So find some music you vibe with, or put on a movie and just zone out. That's my advice. :lol:
    I have the same problem with some stuff I watched when I was younger. If I think about those specific movies too much, I get extremely freaked out. Every night in bed I have to constantly redirect my thoughts to positive things to be able to fall asleep. It is exhausting.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,536 Member
    Check-in ~ January 08
    Steps: 17.970
    Calorie deficit: yes
    Workout: no
    Vitamins: yes
    Sleep: 8h 39m / 84 score
    Good morning Shape Shifters. I had a pretty lazy Sunday. I washed all the bedsheets and put fresh ones on the bed. Cleaned both bedrooms as well, so it is all ready for my mom. I worked some on my puzzle, read a lot, played games, cuddled Tinus. Sleep was better, though it took a bit to fall asleep. Happy Monday everyone <3
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 516 Member
    Gm yall.
    Pw217.0
    Cw 220.6

I'm feeling better but still some pain and inflammation but way better than what it has been. I did get to the chiropractor which helped tremendously by my numbers and what I had in inflammation. I was able to exercise some over the weekend with more than just walking Dinah. And it felt good. A bit sore. So, I am thinking strength training, weight bearing training as I'm hoping that once I see the dentist in March I'll be in surgery for left knee replacement come May.
  • kading55
    kading55 Posts: 11 Member
    MFP USER NAME: Kading55
    YOUR CHOSEN WEIGH-IN DAY: January 01, 2023
    YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT: 194.4
    YOUR ORIGINAL STARTING WEIGHT: 200
    TEAM PREFERENCE: No preference
    Target Weight: 165

January 01, 2023: 191.2 lbs. (-3.2 lb.) From previous weigh in; (-8.8 lbs.) from original 26.2 lbs. to go!

January 09, 2023: 189.3 lbs. (-1.9 lb.) from previous weigh in; (10.7 lb.) from starting weight. 24.3 lbs. to go!
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Good morning all!

I'm finally back in Colorado after the trip from hell (it was halfway a vacation, ironically), but I'm leaving again Wednesday for the half marathon on Sunday.

My ankle is still a little sore but improving. I'm somewhat terrified to get on the scale as I feel pretty bloated. I'm going to be disciplined with the logging/eating figuring that should help point me back in the right direction.

@Pupowl totally with you on the scary movies. I try to avoid them. I do like a mystery - but more the cozy style- not explicit violence.

@jessicakrall8 Good luck finding your companion. Good idea to go back when it isn't as crowded. I get overwhelmed at shelters and can't help but imagine how the animals feel.

@PatriceFitnessPal Love the challenge! Sounds like its going to keep you busy! I'm toying with the idea of getting a rowing machine. My daughter rowed in college and it is such a good workout. Might be good for my husband, who is still trying to recover from his hip replacements.
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 368 Member
    JenHul Monday weigh in days
    PW: 180
    CW: 178

steps Jan 2=2408
    Jan 3=15,159
    Jan 4=6498
    Jan 5=7356
    Jan 6=11,662
    Jan 7=11,613
    Jan 8=4375

I was not consistent with my exercise goal last week, I did pretty good on my water goal, my sleep is giving me a hard time, I have restless legs and wake up a lot during the night. I did not track food over the weekend I need to improve on logging as well. It was a busy weekend of travel and Grad dress shopping, with my daughter and one of her friends. My daughter does not graduate till next year, but her friend is this May.
    Hope everyone has a great week, and achieves there goals
  • jessicakrall8
    edited January 2023
    @jessicakrall8
    I was thinking I'd skip the steps challenge this month, but I'm missing it. With the weather changing, I expect I'll have to move indoors. We've had some serious rain and flooding here in the Central Valley of California. I did manage a 3.12 mile (5 km) walk yesterday although it was starting to sprinkle towards the end. I have a treadmill, but honestly, I'm not that fond of walking on it. I also have a recumbent bike (I rode it earlier this evening for the first time in months), but the problem is, I don't get steps from that activity. So, my plan is to try to use the treadmill at least a little and to use the recumbent bike for the extra "steps", even though they won't be counted. I'm cutting my steps goal in half for that reason.

[snip]

@frankwbrown When using your recumbent bike, put your watch on your ankle instead of your wrist. You can also try just putting it in your pocket, but I think the ankle will work better.

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    @kading55 I'm confused...please help me to understand the way you post your weigh-ins.

Here's what I see and what is confusing me:
    qluknz3e0qd6.png

How can your current weight be 194.4 and 189.3 at the same time? Like last week, when I had the same dilemma, I'm going with the dated lines, but I wish you'd simplify this for me. I'm not sure all of the details, especially those that are conflicting, are needed. Can you help me out?!!

I want to make sure I'm recording your info correctly, so let me know.

Thanks!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    JessicaKrall8
    Monday weigh-in
    PW: 303.9
    CW: 303.5
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    @SavageMrsMoose - I’m sorry to hear about all the travel delays that disrupted your trip to NYC! You seemed to take it in stride. Your positive perspective is inspiring. I hope your ankle feels better before Sunday. I’m glad to hear your training regimen will be (relatively) lighter this week so you can heal a bit more. We’ll be cheering for you!

Our boathouse hosts an indoor rowing competition in February and the organizers sell Concept 2 ergs at a discount following the event. It’s a good deal since the ergs are only used for a couple days for the event. I think about getting a rowing machine every time I volunteer at the event but then I remind myself that we don’t have enough space for one. We live across the street from the YMCA and I don’t use their exercise equipment enough so I’ll try to build a solid habit first …

@JenHul - It’s nice that your daughter and her friend enjoy time with you, and include you as they prepare for their graduation festivities. The restless leg symptoms sound difficult. Lack of sleep can affect so many other areas of life. I hope you can get some relief.

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    kading55 wrote: Β»
    MFP USER NAME: Kading55
    YOUR CHOSEN WEIGH-IN DAY: January 01, 2023
    YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT: 194.4
    YOUR ORIGINAL STARTING WEIGHT: 200
    TEAM PREFERENCE: No preference
    Target Weight: 165

January 01, 2023: 191.2 lbs. (-3.2 lb.) From previous weigh in; (-8.8 lbs.) from original 26.2 lbs. to go!

January 09, 2023: 189.3 lbs. (-1.9 lb.) from previous weigh in; (10.7 lb.) from starting weight. 24.3 lbs. to go!

@kading55 - I’m posting a sample report that might help you report the information @jessicakrall8 needs for our team spreadsheet. I’m using the information you reported above but feel free to correct anything I got wrong (e.g., you might prefer to use the 194.4 starting weight).

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

Name: Kading55
    Weigh-in Day: Sunday
    PW: 191.2
    CW: 189.3

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

Optional:

SW: 200
    LTD: 10.7
    GW: 165

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

You can always add a brief comment for context, etc. but we don’t want the weigh-in to get lost in the text because Jessica has a lot to sift through in the Chat already. Congratulations on all your progress. Keep up the good work!! It’s great to have you as part of the Shape Shifter team. I hope we are now your preferred team!! πŸ˜‰

This discussion has been closed.