Jammin' January

Replies

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,967 Member
    edited January 2023
    Had a great hike yesterday with floofy dog, but fubared-ankle is a bit cranky from it today. Not sure what I want to do for today's outdoor workout - may just end up doing a band routine for 45 minutes....

qk1gbul3saal.jpg
    dzc8t6xxew9f.jpg

• CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,254 Member
    Great photo @HoneyBadger302. Looking good and thanks for sharing! Don’t stress the ankle.

Down 1.5 for the week. Will try to post my status weekly - even if it’s a sort of accountability. I’m adjusting to the IF and it’s getting easier. It’s the evening snacking that sets me off but I’ve been disciplined. Relying prob too much on shakes to hit my protein goal of about 100g per day.

Everyone sticking to their goals so far?! 💪💪
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 714 Member
    edited January 2023
    January:
    Early 60s, 5'-8" (ish)
    SW (02.10.22) - 150 lbs
    Last Month's SW - 141.8 (11.30.22)
    Last Week - 139.4 (01.01.23)
    CW - 138.6 (01.08.23)
    Jan GW - 135.4
    Final GW - 125 lbs (or may possibly stop at 130, depending on how I feel and look)
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    @HoneyBadger302 great pics! Love the floof! :)
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Great pictures @HoneyBadger302! Love it!!

As for all of you, you seem to hit it pretty well, I'm impressed and inspired :smiley:

My mini goals of last week:

70k steps: check
    1 PT session: check
    2 gym sessions: check
    1 dive: check
    as an extra: 91 km (56 miles) bike ride
    3.500 kcal deficit

Which means I did hit all my goals of this week, and yet, I've gone up 2 pounds. I try to not let it discourage me, it is probably (hopefully) bloating.
    As for the coming week, I will get all my steps in, as hubby and I are going to Milan for a few days (Thursday to Monday). I will have to mind the eating though... the city cuisine is famous for risotto's (which is loads of butter with some rice) and polenta (also with loads of butter). I'll read my motivation cards a few times a day.

Have a good week, you all ! :kissing_heart:
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,814 Member
    On Thursday I was 106.5#
    On Sat and Sunday we travelled and sat a lot... ? maybe that plays into it? or perhaps its a hormonal thing or something.... Why do we try to justify these things?

Today its 108.6
    Okay, I didn't eat 7000 extra calories. so, this number should reduce well. I'm guessing some of the travel and then, eating out is some of it. Definitely wasn't my standard veggie load or water intake (had soda a few times).
    Also, my movement was way down by 7000 steps.

Looking forward to weighing in Thursday and seeing what number I can get to appear.

COUNTING MY WINS: DO you have any WINS Recently?
    + I lifted heavier today for Chest moves and for my 1 arm rows! So, gaining some strength, and I thought I could have went up another 2# or 5#. So, That's A Win.
    + Meal planned while I was away from home and I think I stuck to it fairly well.

I really *think* I would love to know how much of my body is muscle and how much is other stuff. Perhaps some of what is in our heads, is actually more muscle, or is more water......

Today I will try to add another foundation from the BECK book.
  • SparkSpringtime69
    @HoneyBadger302 love the pics, thanks for sharing them!
    @Antiopelle, I hope you have a great time in Milan (in spite of the food temptations). B)
  • SherryRueter
    @HoneyBadger302 that looks beautiful, and its nice to put a face with a name.

@Antiopelle I love your goals. And the calories, making sure you were in a deficit. Do you do much tracking? I had one gal that I worked with on her nutrition and she would always be up 1-2# and then a few days later a WHOOSH and be down like 2-3#. She finally synced up the numbers with what she did the 1-2 days before weigh in and, she realized, she goes UP when she does a LEG routine. and the day after YOGA is always her lowest scale weight day. She trended downward but it was a bunch of up and down. fingers crossed that this is you too!

@Ceebeeslim Funny you should mention protein shakes being used to hit the 100g protein. ME TOO. I need to work on that being more whole foods probably. I get so tired of cooking meat though. Today, instead of having a shake for breakfast, I made an egg/turkey sausage and veggie bowl. I'm waiting a bit before eating it. What hours are you IF from?
  • spl8
    spl8 Posts: 101 Member
    Hello,
    I'm glad I found this group. Reading through the posts, I feel I've found like minded people. I gained 20+ pounds in the past 3 years and become much more sedentary (COVID and caring for a daughter with significant health needs). I started working with an accountability coach online last month and I am getting myself back on track. My goal is to be in great physical shape again (and at my ideal weight) by my 60th birthday in August.
    January
    Height: 5'7"
    SW: 162 (12/2/2022)
    CW: 156 (1/9/2023)
    GW: <140
    Fitness goal: Run a half marathon (either on my own or in a race) in 10/23
    January goals:
    - Get below 155
    - Run/walk 50km
    - Strength training 2x/week
  • spl8
    spl8 Posts: 101 Member
    @SherryRueter I agree with your comment on protein and meat. I generally try to stick with unprocessed foods, but I just don't feel like eating the amount of meat/fish that it would take to hit my current protein goals. So I rely on protein shakes and protein powder to up my numbers. I've also added a lot more eggs to my diet. I'm wondering how sustainable it will be in the long run for me.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    @SherryRueter Im doing 14:10 - 11am-9pm and this works in total alignment with my daily schedule. It’s been stopping me from the evening snacking. Nothing - not even a carrot. I picked this schedule as it works best for me and then afterwards read two articles that cited studies where for more “mature” women, the 14:10 works best. Not 16:8, OMAD, etc. I forgot why but with all of this who really knows.

I should - but never did - put that much “weight” - pun intended - on the effects of sleep and cortisol as it wasn’t “math-y”. However, after being on IF for a few days and not snacking on carbage and hitting all my steps, I was the EXACT same weight for 4 days.

The next day I was still within my eating window, ended the day with the same number of calories but had some halo top competitor high protein low calorie ice cream. Felt like heaven. Slept better. Next day - scale moved down half a pound.

Cortisol? Sleep? Coincidence? 🤔
  • HoneyBadger302
    Got everything in yesterday - did a very low impact resistance band workout in the backyard for my outdoor workout, and then the elliptical and some stretching for my second workout. Keeping the ankle moving but not beating on it - feeling pretty good today.

Day 8 today, trucking along! Body seems to be adjusting, now the mental side just needs to make it normal rather than something "special" or with an end date in mind....although that may just take time.
  • SherryRueter
    @honeybadger302 do you do anything special for your nutrition?
  • SherryRueter
    It’s 8:50pm. I was feeling very bad about the food choices I made today. And I’m not saying it was horrible but, I did have about 600-700 calories of dessert….. so I decided to retroactively log it all into my app. Ya know what….. I’m at 1600 calories . So I’m not that far off …. And even if I’m a little low in my calculations….. if I’m at 2000 calories….. that’s still not horrible.

I’m also at 77g protein. So…. What I have learned is that I was likely hungry at 3pm. I was trying to sit thru an urge but in all actuality I maybe needed a protein snack of some sort. I maybe needed 300-500 calories.

So, here to planning better for tomorrow.

I’ve been hearing a lot of tumbling on social media about “don’t track” just go with your hungry queues. But, I don’t know my hunger queues … what’s wrong with having data and knowing your under eating and could use a healthy snack.

Oh, by the way, I should have also grabbed an Apple. I was short 1 fruit, but I got in 4-5 servings of veggies! It’s just I over did the sweets. Okay. Thanks for listening . Hoping this helps more than just me, I like this group, I feel safer here than I do in social media land.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member

@Antiopelle She finally synced up the numbers with what she did the 1-2 days before weigh in and, she realized, she goes UP when she does a LEG routine. and the day after YOGA is always her lowest scale weight day. She trended downward but it was a bunch of up and down. fingers crossed that this is you too!

Yes, that's what I am thinking too. That, or I just put on some muscles on my body without realizing it. I do have more definition in my arms, and my pants are a bit loose ... I'll keep on tracking and see what it says in the end. And I do use "Happy scale" to filter out the bumps, but the trend is still going up ...

• SparkSpringtime69
    ... what’s wrong with having data and knowing your under eating and could use a healthy snack.

Oh, by the way, I should have also grabbed an Apple. I was short 1 fruit, but I got in 4-5 servings of veggies! It’s just I over did the sweets. Okay. Thanks for listening . Hoping this helps more than just me, I like this group, I feel safer here than I do in social media land.

I love having data - I think it's a great way to see what's working and what isn't. But, I also try not to over-analyze the data; after all, our bodies are not machines and it'd be impossible to figure out exactly what caused a drop or gain on a particular day. I think the best thing about tracking is seeing what kind of trends happen over time as you stay (fairly) consistent with a particular plan.
    I'm really inspired by your goal to get more fruits and veggies into your plan. I've been eating too much processed vegan food and have to work on getting more actual fresh fruits and veggies into my days. Thanks for sharing.
  • SherryRueter
    @SparkSpringtime69 Fruit/veg. My ultimate goal is 2 fruits and 4-6 cups low carb veggies. Ideally, I would also have a couple hundred calories of potato/legumes instead of having a bread/bun/{insert processed food name here}

Leg day today....morning weight back down those 2# .... very interesting.
  • SherryRueter
    @Ceebeeslim : 14:10 ... I've done that before, but normally 9am - 7pm
    I'm not technically trying to do that but, most days I'm in a 10 hour window. I think they also mentioned it was recommended for hypothyroid people too (I'm hypo). Congrats on being the EXACT weight 4 days in a row! That's impressive.

• CeeBeeSlim
    @SherryRueter - yes and finally down a pound from that weight. You’re all reminding me to get my fruits and veggies in. Gonna make a market run today.

Anyone ever was a mad-carnivore and substantially decreased their animal protein - esp the bacon, sausage, deli meats? That’s my goal - eat less amounts. Will be interested to see my blood work at doc appt the end of the month.
  • HoneyBadger302
    edited January 2023
    @honeybadger302 do you do anything special for your nutrition?

I keep it simple - my "diet" is to stay below 150 net carbs, no sugary snacks/treats, no alcohol. Other than that, it's free rein, although I clearly have to track everything to get the net carbs, but that is the only category I watch. I find my calories stay well within range most days if I do that, and my vegg intake pretty much explodes lol. In fact it is fairly common to have days where I'm pretty low on calories - but stuffed! It's the one way of eating that I have found where I can effectively stay in my calorie range without being hungry all the dang time.