Leslie Sansone January 2023 Walk and Workout Challenge

texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,658 Member
It will soon be January, 2023. It may be sooner than you realize πŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ˜„ depending on when you read this.
Regardless of when you happen to actually read this, it will be time for you to either think about your goals for January or it is actually time to start the first monthly walk and workout challenge πŸ˜…πŸ’ͺπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ of 2023!

Here's to the gift of another brand new year πŸŽ‰and the opportunity to improve our health and to increase our activity level, regardless of how, why, or where we are at physically, at this very moment.

This group is open to any and all walkers. Many of us use Leslie Sansone, as well as other favorite instructor's walking or other workouts. Some of us still use the DVDs πŸ“€, while others stream the walks by using an app subscription or watch on YouTube for instance. Some may be inspired to go outdoors to walk, or to take hikes on the trails or pathways that are available. Perhaps another may find that a walk in the neighborhood or on the treadmill is the perfect way to walk at times.

However, or wherever you get your walk, as well as other favorite workouts in, such as a strength program, or another form of exercise possibly including Tai Chi or Yoga, or what your gym membership provides for you, for instance, come on in and join us! Post your miles or minutes, or sessions, that you have walked or worked out, however you did it... it is all good!
The goal that you choose is your own personal goal for this month πŸ‘Ÿ πŸ“†. There are no rules as to how to make your own goal.

We are a happy, supportive group, and this group will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you, as hopefully you will do the same by your participation.

This group has changed over these many years. Sometimes increasing or decreasing in activity and participation, but what never changes is that those who are able to be active at the time are always an inspiration and show much strength and positivity by overcoming challenges, sometimes while just barely hanging on, while others join in while enjoying a positive and healthy time in life and come in to share and uplift us by also joining in. Some post easily while others through, or after times of challenging events or adversity. Some have needed a time away, yet are with us in memory and happily surprise us all when they are able to come back for a time.

So all this to say you are welcome to join in or re-join in, if you find this to be a good fit for you currently, while you are at or back to logging into MFP striving to improve your health and to increase your activity level...whether you are new at walking/ exercise, or have been around that block for years.

If you discover this group during this month please feel free to start today so that by the end of the month you will be that much closer to your personal health goals. You are always welcome, and it is never too late to join in :) . Just set your goals to reflect what you want to accomplish during the remaining days in the month.

Let's tie up our shoes πŸ‘Ÿand get some water πŸ’§, and start walking or working out strong....

Praying blessings for a healthy and happy 2023,

texasgardnr πŸŒΊπŸ¦‹πŸŒ·

Replies

• Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 975 Member
    Happy New Year, Walkers!

New Year, New Month, and slightly different goals.

Apple Watch Challenge - Close my Exercise Ring 4x
    Mileage Tracked - 75 Miles.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Happy new year. Yesterday 7000 steps
  • texasgardnr
    @Deeder522, nice Apple Watch goal and mileage goal for the new year's first month!

@12Sarah2015, Way to go with your step counting!!

πŸŒΊπŸ¦‹πŸŒ·
  • Deeder522
    Oh my, we've become a quiet group. :(

DH & I went bowling today for the 1st time in years. A little over 2 hours and my Apple watched logged it as 635 calories burned. 😳 A fun time to burn some calories.
  • texasgardnr
    edited January 2023
    @Deeder522 yay for going bowling 🎳 !! I'll bet that you earned every one of those cals that your Apple watch logged for you and had loads of fun as well as exercise!
    I know, it has become very quiet πŸ˜“.

πŸŒΊπŸ¦‹πŸŒ·
  • Deeder522
    Apple Watch Challenge - Close my Exercise Ring 4x: 3 out of 4
    Mileage Tracked - 21 / 75 Miles.
  • MammySher
    MammySher Posts: 10 Member
    Okay, Here I go; it's been years since I've done one of these videos. So I will start off slow, with the fast walking in 30 mins|fitness video. My goal is 5 videos a week.
  • MammySher
    Tried to do the 30 mins miracle mile but only got to twenty mins. Will try another later today.
  • Deeder522
    Apple Watch Challenge - Close my Exercise Ring 4x: 4 out of 4
    Mileage Tracked - 44 / 75 Miles.

Off to a good start @mannySher welcome to the walks. :)
  • MammySher
    I did 15 minutes walk on my 9 o'clock break. I think for now I should just start with (2) 15 min. Leslie walks.
  • Deeder522
    I did 15 minutes walk on my 9 o'clock break. I think for now I should just start with (2) 15 min. Leslie walks.

In the past, I liked to start with one of her 3-mile walks. I'd start with a mile and gradually work my way up to the whole 3 miles.
  • SherileeMFP
    SherileeMFP Posts: 214 Member
    Happy New Year! New member here and with MyFitnessPal. I’m going to start my walking goal the rest of this month by walking farther each day that ends in β€œy”!πŸ˜„ hee hee So each day my goal is to better my steps if even by 1 extra step. Right now I’m lucky to get in 1500 steps in a day. 😧 Today when I watch tv, I will walk during commercials! πŸ‘ Have a wonderful day!πŸ’•
  • Deeder522
    Welcome, @SherileeMFP! Walking during commercials is a great way to get steps in.
  • Deeder522
    Apple Watch Challenge - Close my Exercise Ring 4x: 4 out of 4
    Mileage Tracked - 46 / 75 Miles.

• texasgardnr
    edited February 2023
    @Deeder522 you are doing great with your Apple Watch Challenge of closing your Exercise Rings and tracking your mileage.

Welcome @MammySher to the group! I also agree with gently suggesting that since you haven't done the walking videos in a long time that you find a way that suits you best to gradually work your way up to a comfortable mileage/ time with the videos. Over time you will build stamina and strength and not injure yourself in the process. Enjoy!

Welcome @SherileeMFP to the group! I really like your profile picture πŸ‘. Made me smile big πŸ˜„ and brightened my evening.
    I enjoyed reading what your goal is. It took me a moment or two to get it πŸ€£πŸ˜‚. Doing something that requires me getting up and walking during commercials is something that I have done for years. It started because I did not enjoy watching commercials, now it is to get movement/ steps in. One way that I have added steps here and there (I only started tracking my steps in November) is little things like when I am taking a load out of the dryer or off the outside clothesline is that I will take two or three items at a time to where they should go instead of the whole laundry basket at one time. I try to be creative in finding ways to take a few extra steps randomly whether at home or the store etc.

@12Sarah2015, we hope that you are having a great January!

January started out very slowly for me since I had spent the last two weeks of December with friends, family and especially some of our grandchildren which was a great joy. So I decided to take the first two weeks off of everything and rest and do some things that I wanted to do, or needed to do, to catch up with things, and some just for fun things also, and just be lightly active with no planned "exercise" as such since I found my self more tired than usual it seemed.
    Then I thought that I was catching a tummy virus or the flu, and began to become quite ill so that I went to an urgent care only to discover that I tested positive for Covid and negative for any flu. This took me by surprise as I had tummy issues and no fever, but felt sicker than I have been for years. So I am still recovering from some symptoms and fighting fatigue. I am being active as possible, while resting as much as I need to or doing easy stuff. About a week ago I started tracking my steps again, and have been able to do some random house work and more activity.

I will start the February monthly challenge and take it from there.

πŸŒΊπŸ¦‹πŸŒ·