The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    I guess our little thread is dead..... So sad... We had a good run!!
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    BeIn2day wrote: »
    ^^ I can't help but notice I'm getting a couple of 'disagrees' on my last comment.

The way I see it, there is nothing stopping people from continuing to add to this thread. Maybe instead of hitting 'disagree' on my comment, add to the thread instead, and keep it alive ??

It's not my responsibility to prove that I didn't intend to kill the thread. Why would I want to do that?? This thread helped me immensely. Why can't there be 2 threads about sobriety? There is absolutely nothing stopping anyone from continuing to add to this thread. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I eventually decided to just ignore the "disagrees" they're utterly pointless if no one is willing to actually engage in terms of what they disagree with.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,239 Member
    I am starting again this is so hard but I wik keep trying.
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    edited July 2022
    Hey All, its been a while since I have been to this thread, still sober and going well. I will try to stop by more, please feel free to friend me. Bein2day, I will try to find your thread too - sort of like meetings ... its nice to have variety for many reasons :-)
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Hey this thread has been kaput for a while but I am jumping in to say hello and if anyone wants to chat please do! Our other thread Sobriety matters has been taken down so comment here if you feel like it!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Hi Sunny Days. I am happy to chat here.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,542 Member
    Good morning lovely ladies. You know you both are ALWAYS ALWAYS welcome to join in on our discussions over on your old thread.
    REMEMBER:
    LESS is LESS, even when your LESS goal is NONE.

Come for support, to vent or give your advice.

• SunnyDays930
    Thanks Miss May!
  • RubyRed427
    MissMay wrote: »
    Good morning lovely ladies. You know you both are ALWAYS ALWAYS welcome to join in on our discussions over on your old thread.
    REMEMBER:
    LESS is LESS, even when your LESS goal is NONE.

Come for support, to vent or give your advice.

Thank you! I read your thread all the time; you have good people. I will participate sometimes.
  • RubyRed427
    Did you see that Leslie Jordan died? I loved his humor. He was also sober for decades and quite funny about it. https://people.com/health/leslie-jordan-was-more-than-2-decades-sober-the-hardest-thing-that-i-ever-did/
  • SunnyDays930
    He was so great. I loved him in American Horror Story. I will read this, thanks for sharing.
    I started this day with a morning meditation. Usually I turn on the tv and watch the news. I've decided it is probably better for my mental health to cut back on that.
  • RubyRed427
    He was so great. I loved him in American Horror Story. I will read this, thanks for sharing.
    I started this day with a morning meditation. Usually I turn on the tv and watch the news. I've decided it is probably better for my mental health to cut back on that.

Yes, totally agree, the news in the morning is not a good way to start my day. I find it too stimulating in a bad way.
  • SunnyDays930
    Kate's blog. I think this resonates with a lot of people.

https://thesoberschool.com/grey-area-drinking-youre-not-alone/
  • RubyRed427
    I found a good podcast on Spotify. It's called Sober Awkward. The two hosts are so relatable. The episode I listened to was about shame. The hosts spoke of three of their most shameful moments while drinking. Don't we all? But we have to move on, move forward, forgive ourselves. The lady said that those shameful periods were when under the influence. It is not who we are. It was us while inebriated and on a "drug".
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    i found the site ruby after all
  • lloydrt
    Did this site disappear? No new posts?
  • SunnyDays930
    Hi @lloydrt Most of us are back on Less Alcohol. I hope you are well!
  • lloydrt
    thanks sunny.............can you help me find it ,lol.......seems I m lost........but I sure enjoy the site
    thanks
  • SunnyDays930
    Less Alcohol ~ January 2023 ~ One day at a Time. Hope to see you there Lloyd!
  • lloydrt
    thank you so much