Serial Starters

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,823 Member

What is today? Thursday? Feels like Monday to me.

I don't dare post that photo of Mario again, but yesterday I looked at it, and he has what appears to be a necklace with a bunch of charms on it - like a woman's charm bracelet! Ha!

Sara - is there a really big and deep filling on that tooth that they know they need to kill the tooth with root canal therapy? I wonder about dentists who just do root canals willy nilly. I was spoiled by mine who never did any for all of the crowns I have on my teeth. I hate teeth.
    I'm glad you called in to work.

I have indeed been clocking a lot of miles on this trip, but my left knee has started hurting, so I am walking less the past two days. I am also low on Advil, but have been taking some to keep inflammation at bay.

Missy I hope that you feel a bit better today. 💐

Lana

I don't like not knowing what I weigh
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited January 2023
    What is today? Thursday? Feels like Monday to me.

I don't dare post that photo of Mario again, but yesterday I looked at it, and he has what appears to be a necklace with a bunch of charms on it - like a woman's charm bracelet! Ha!

Sara - is there a really big and deep filling on that tooth that they know they need to kill the tooth with root canal therapy? I wonder about dentists who just do root canals willy nilly. I was spoiled by mine who never did any for all of the crowns I have on my teeth. I hate teeth.
    I'm glad you called in to work.

I have indeed been clocking a lot of miles on this trip, but my left knee has started hurting, so I am walking less the past two days. I am also low on Advil, but have been taking some to keep inflammation at bay.

Missy I hope that you feel a bit better today. 💐

Lana

I don't like not knowing what I weigh

I think it is Thursday. Honestly I lost track of the days lol. I am feeling better just a cough. Thank you for asking. Like my old asthmatic cough I used to have years ago. Thinking I’ll need or should see an allergist. Mine retired.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,321 Member
    Good evening,

When you dont post at your normal time things get a little squirrely.

I went with Korean hairdresser for dinner, she has been wanting to go for a long time - time with an adult and her teenage daughter at home - we can all empathize in spirit. Good healthy food and not very expensive - I will go back.

Lana - last dentist nearly messed up my jaw and face - a crown did not fit me. This one has been wonderful and the crown is 25 years old. So it is due.

Mario has been trying to hard that is what makes him almost loveable in a teddy bear sort of way. At the foot of the bed teddy bear. Hope your knee holds out.

Missy - I have heard nothing good about covid or this "thing" floating around - they all seem to take forever. Give yourself all the good things you can. I hope you are doing better.

Knitted so much yesterday my fingers cant do it tonight. Some little crap young man was holding his baby and called me grandma - wanted to kill him with a dirty look but baby would have seen it.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane and dry out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    otzqhe13qoyy.jpeg
    *** Friday the 13th!***

Good morning all~~

Missy - glad to hear that you are getting better!

Sara - I see about the dentist! Good that they can be trusted. Whew~~

Although my knee is feeling a bit better, I have decided to stay on board and not venture out into Key West. I have been many times before; I was afraid it would be too much for me--the sun is blazing. Better to sit in the shade and enjoy the pretty view.

I've gotten 1.5 miles by mid morning. 👍🏻

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    TGIF

Not that I had a lot planned but we are advised by the state and federal "authorities" not to venture out this weekend unless you have to. Gee, I can have a "lazy as a slug" weekend and get away with it?? Strange what makes me happy.

Lana glad you are still getting your steps in and respecting your limits. We will not see sun until Tuesday and a break in the weather comes at the end of the week. I am not a sun bunny but I will enjoy it when I see it again. Get your indirect sun bathing - and all the low calorie drinks with umbrellas.

Cabana club night, drinks are free compliments of Javier who forgot to bring a receipt for the booze to get reimbursed. He is gorgeous but not too bright.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.

• LanaCabana537
    7t1hz91dk4mi.jpeg
    *** January 14 ***

Oh Sara - you are so right about Javier! 🤣 But he is very good at slow dancing~ 🥰😍🥰

Time to snarffle around for some breakfast!

Lana
  • gemwolf110
    Happy Saturday!

Sara - those are the best weekends!

Lana - hope your knee feels better! Good job on getting the 1.5 miles in!

Weighed in at WW today. Was down 7 pounds from the last weigh in. Down 12 lbs total. Whoohoo! If I keep this up I’ll be back under 200 lbs in no time. I haven’t had ice cream or soda in like 3 weeks. Probably helping me by not eating that stuff. I might just limit the ice cream to the weekends and once it’s out just use my ninja ice cream maker so I have control over what is in it. Ordered one of those Rachel rays oil and vinegar things. Planning on cooking a lot more this year and following a Mediterranean/anti-inflammatory diet, cut way back on added sugars. Exercise a lot more. Make use of my free membership to the gym through my employer.

And wish me luck! I have an interview for a position in another department this week. Not sure if I will take it as it would be same pay and I rechecked the posting and OT wouldn’t be time and a half as it is now and I am not sure if I would get OT in the new position. I really can’t take a pay cut. But at least I’ll get some interview practice in for when the right position with the right salary comes along.
  • LanaCabana537

Missy - Wow - good luck on that interview. You are right about getting interviewing experience. Maybe you can ask about opportunities for extra work/OT. It can't hurt, right?

Congratulations on your killer successes with WW and your program!
    On Tuesday, I'll be back home, and I might join you on the Mediterranean journey. There's something about January for making a powerful start.

I'm going to go look up this Rachel Ray Oil Vinegar thing.

I'll come back here if I can't figure it out on my own.

XOXO
    Lana
  • gemwolf110
    Missy - Wow - good luck on that interview. You are right about getting interviewing experience. Maybe you can ask about opportunities for extra work/OT. It can't hurt, right?

Congratulations on your killer successes with WW and your program!
    On Tuesday, I'll be back home, and I might join you on the Mediterranean journey. There's something about January for making a powerful start.

I'm going to go look up this Rachel Ray Oil Vinegar thing.

I'll come back here if I can't figure it out on my own.

XOXO
    Lana

Thank you! I plan on asking. Have nothing to lose. Awesome! Yes something about January to hit that restart button. Definitely do! I got the set that has the little ramekin bowls.

• gemwolf110
    Happy Sunday!

Hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend!

Tried to post a picture of the Rachel Ray set but MFP wasn’t letting me yesterday

0hlp3fntseee.jpeg
  • LanaCabana537
    5htras1nzrrv.jpeg
    *** January 15 ***

Good morning all~~

Missy - I love the color of them in the photo. Let us know how you like them once you get them. I do need something to keep me from over-pouring my olive oil straight from the big bottle. I am often very lazy about using measuring spoons--hence the weight loss fail.

Sara - I hope that you enjoy your day of rest today.

Time for me to begin to pack my bag, so they can take it away on the last night.

I'm looking forward to being home with my own food though. 😁

Lana

and a scale!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Slept right through church....oops must have needed the sleep. I bought last night on amazon an oil sprayer for my convection oven/air fryer thing. We must be all thinking on the same wave length, which is awesome.

Laundry half way done. Otherwise I have a feeling I am staying at home today. Not that that is a problem. Just had one of those "bing" moments where I can see a couple of planned meals done easily. Rare moment will take advantage.

This "sea" of rain is supposed to break on Thursday - serious mess and clean up. Many people have passed away from it so it is not just land and water.

Wishing all a wonderful day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    2qx0eo8zwknw.jpeg
    *** January 16 ***

Good morning all~~

In keeping with the theme of oil dispensers, I have noticed that OXO makes a salad dressing shaker thing that looks interesting. It has a measuring cup body and a top with a little spout--good for me to make my olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, and dijon mustard concoction.

I'm at the airport waiting for the hours to pass until my flights home. I may sleep all day tomorrow!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

I spent all day in the airport in Frankfurt Germany another life ago. I fell asleep on the plane when I finally got on it, even before it took off. Lana hope your stay at the airport was enjoyable. Hope you got home safely.

Bought soup online - these are small containers with only 2 servings in them. Not cheap but less than if I went out and a huge reduction of salt. I like them I find recipes and if not, not much lost. It is cold here and I am tired of making potato soup.

We may just get out first day of full sunlight tomorrow. I dont want to get my hopes up too high.

Took advantage of getting to work early and added enough steps to get 6k today. Just is.

• LanaCabana537
    8odvcyx8rs7k.jpeg
    *** January 17 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - I do hope that you get your sunlight today, and I hope that you like your soups. Low sodium is a good thing.
    Yes, I remember your mentioning years ago that you were in Germany, in another lifetime indeed.

I am so glad to see that Mr. Scale is not showing a ten-pound gain from the cruise. I am where I was before I left. Now, to keep up the walking and general activity.

🌴Waves to Missy and all who stop by later on 👋🏻

Lana

265.6 today
    271.2 highest
  • gemwolf110
    Hi all quick check in. Interview went great! Should hopefully hear results soon !
  • LanaCabana537
    edited January 2023
    Missy - So happy that the interview went great.
    What did they say about overtime opportunities?

🌴* entire Cabana Club is a-buzz with excitement *🌴
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Missy -keeping fingers crossed all pieces fall into place with this job opportunity.

Now that we are almost dry for a while, we without clouds will be VERY cold tonight. Last night insomnia found me and that is not fun. I hope to sleep better.

Lana- maybe you walked more than you ate? Keep up the powerful positive good exercise and healthy work.

• gemwolf110
    edited January 2023
    Good Morning,

They said overtime is there just if there is a business need. Crossing fingers it all works out. If I do get offered I hope they offer a decent salary.

Sara - hope you get some sleep insomnia isn’t fun at all. It is definitely soup season. Finally getting cold.

Lana - glad the scale cooperated. Did you have a nice trip?

Hope everyone has a great day!

spm98j3nim1n.jpeg
  • LanaCabana537

Missy - Love the camel!

Yes, the trip was very nice. I love going on cruises because I get to sit at a proper table for dinner with other live human beings and have conversations and some laughs. It's a real treat and good for my mental health.

🌴* tossing beach bag and trashy novel onto lounge chair for later *🌴

Lana

266.6 today