JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    @Snowflake1968 So sorry to hear about your FIL. You just try do what you can on here, you know there's no pressure from us and well done for the 5lb challenge! But concentrate on you and your family for the time being
    Sending all my love xxx
  • cgottschlich
    cgottschlich Posts: 57 Member
    I have a sore spot on the tip of my tongue. Not sure if its an inflammed salivary gland, a bite wound, or something else. Quite annoying!

I have almost all of my agenda finished. Its piled up again, and because of the colors i can see its piled up over the course of three days. But after i make this post, pay my therapist, go through my starred emails, and finally order some new shoes (something ive put off way too long), it will be time to erase!

Other than that, today is supposed to be an easy day. Ive been run pretty ragged this week, and didnt get a chance to catch up on sleep. That said, i may go to Shogi night in the next town over, and try to catch up on sleep on Friday night / Saturday morning. Especially since my energy levels have been up from my diet "break".

Time to segue. I think i mentioned in my last post how terrible i felt monday and how much i ate. I wasnt originally planning on it, but the relaxation and augmentation of eating continued into tuesday. And by wednesday, i had decided this whole week was going to be a "reset". I'm eating, carefully, to my heart's content, and logging everything. You should see my weekly score! It's impressive! But anyway, this all has a purpose other than simply a break. This week, it took even longer than the previous for me to bounce back at the start of the week (increased eating). And i nearly binged on monday. That tells me that something isnt quite right. I think maybe WW's point goal is a little too low and it hasnt figured it out yet because i keep hitting it (despite it making me miserable) (iron will has its downsides!). Since i feel great with my eating this week, i'll try to maintain / let myself go lower next week, and slowly ratchet it down. I have no idea what my weight will do, but neither does WW. It'll be a learning experience for both of us (and a lot easier way to figure out my ideal point goal and weight-loss diet). But it does mean i probably wont pass the 5 pound finish line January 31st! Sorry ladies!

Today is garbage day so that means cleaning out the fridge. I'm excited to make new food. Not sure exactly what, but i'll involve pinto beans. I also bought some corn on the cob. I wonder how well that stuff keeps in the fridge after it cooks? And how well it reheats? I got it for myself but also for hubby who has been itching for corn on the cob since learning corn is 0-points. So we'll either make it together this weekend and feast, or i'll make some today and refridgerate the leftovers.
    ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
    📆 January 5-pound challenge 📆
    Weigh-in on Saturdays
    January 14: 130.1
    January 07: 130.7
    December 31: 132.7
    Total lost: 2.6 lbs
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited January 2023
    @Snowflake1968 My deepest sympathy to you and your family on the loss of your FIL. May your memories give you comfort.

Recap W 1/18
    1) Move hourly :smiley: 15.5K 35 floors 11/14
    2) Walk dog :smiley: roads good before snow started in evening, 3.78 mi happy dog & happy me
    3) Decide on recipe for supper ~ ham mushroom fettucine / net calories zero / >64 oz. water :neutral: net cals -148, sodium HIGH ack! fiber low-ish, protein excellent, carbs good, calcium low, 80 oz. water
    4) Webinar 10-12 / grocery list / grocery shopping / call financial advisor to make requested appt / another ta-da? :) updated budget s/s, MFP online class, updated CPE Log
    5) Floss / retainers / pray fell asleep on couch haha

JFT R 1/19
    1) Shoveled ~4" wet, heavy snow from walkway & patio this a.m. (while hubby snowblowed driveway) :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / PT exercises / >7,500 steps
    3) Fried perch & veg for supper / net calories zero / >64 oz. water
    4) Webinar 2-3 / update CPE Log / download CPE certs / call financial advisor to make requested appt / wash dishes / another ta-da
    5) Floss / retainers / pray

5# Challenge ~ according to my "official" Sat. weigh-ins:
    Dec. 31 = 177
    Jan. 7 = 177 still eating holiday foods
    Jan. 14 = 176.5 getting treats & portions under control

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    65 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2023 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be satisfied if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes now that I have the time
      [**] January: parsnip/potato mash :) yum
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x)
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Continue PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,023km challenge started on Jan. 1
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km. Not the full challenge, but with knee issues early in year, I was happy to get this far.
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.4.23 ~ I had to cancel in 2022 due to inflammation in knees from overuse & arthritis (medico advised)
    • register for Bellin 10K on 6.10.23 ~ 2022 first time in person since 2019 & not as large of turnout, still 4,000+ participants
    • register for Packers 5K ~ date TBD
    • register for Bellin Women's 5K ~ date TBD (1,000+ for all races in 2022)
    • watch for other events to possibly add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Excellent goal previous years, to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in mid to late 80s and live 90 miles away
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others in town, now that I'm retired
      1.12.23 lunch w/ C
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Made great progress on first floor of house in 2022, keep going
    Word for 2022-23: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    @Snowflake_94 -- so very sorry for the death of your FIL... hugs.

SO... JFT, Friday, 1/19/b]
    1. get back on track... log food both here and on ww. Stay within points; eat healthy foods!!
    2. concentrate on water .. red cup challenge. Aim for half of the week to meet my goal of 8+ cups
    3. go to the gym
    4. work on quilt
    5. find recipes for next week.. plan ahead!!
    Red Cup Challenge
    1/12 :) Did OK.. but still only got in maybe 5 cups.
    1/13 :s
    1/14 :s
    1/15 :s Son was in town past 3 days.. and I know I did not get in enough water; actually ate very poorly today, but tomorrow will be the start of a new week for me. .. new challenges.
    1/16 :s
    1/17 :s
    1/18 :s
    1/19 :)
    1/20
    1/21
    1/22
    1/23
    1/24
    1/25
    1/26
    1/27
    1/28
    1/29
    1/30
    1/31
    5-pound challenge!
    SW, Jan 1st 207.6
    Weekly weigh-in... I will weigh myself every Sunday. I choose that day because it will help me over the weekends, which is usually my worse time.
    Sunday, Jan 1: 207.8 starting weight
    Jan 8: 204.6 -3 pounds. Had a OK week.. did ok about 5 days. My 1st goal is to be under 200 by feb 1st
    Jan 15: 203.8 (Total-4#)--- This was my weight on friday, before my son came, so I am going to record that weight. My weight this morning was actually 206 .. but that was from eating way too much the past 3 days. So I am using my lower weight rather than this higher rate.. goes to show though how much our scale can go up in a few day! Hopefully it will go back down as quickly as it went up!
    A little about me:
    My name is Joan, I will be 72 years old this summer. I am very tall, 5'11", and hope to lose 25-30 pounds. I have 2 grown children, have been married to my husband for 46 years; love to garden, love to walk and exercise, and love to sew.
    My weight history:
    SW Year 2017: 220-217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206 -- met my goal weight of 178 on December, 2019
    SW Year 2020: 182.6 -- gained 15 pounds through the pandemic
    SW Year 2021: 195
    SW Year 2022: 190 - reached 182 in August. But weight on a slow increase the rest of
    2073. SW Year 2023: 207.8
    Weight Goals:
    SW, Jan 1st, 2023: 207.8
    1st goal weight: 199 - reach this by March
    2nd goal weight: 180 - reach this by July
    Ultimate goal weight: 170-175 - reach this by October
    Monthly Goals:
    Feb: 202
    March: 198
    April: 194 (Hubby and my 46 wedding anniversary)
    May: 190
    June: 186
    July: 182 (my birthday)
    August: 178
    Sept: 174
    October: 170--- Ultimate goal weight
    November: learn to maintain 170
    December: learn to maintain 170
    Personal Goals
    52. To have a better relationship with food. To not think I have to be perfect, and to realize that if I have a bad day .. that is OK. Get right back on track. To give it 80/20 --- meaning if I can stay on track 80% of the time, that is OK. It does not have to be 100%
    53. To keep exercising, and do more strength training
    54. To learn how to plan meals and snacks better.
    55. To listen to podcasts and watch youtubers.. improve my way of thinking about food
    56. To sew at least 20 lap quilts for nursing homes; make at least 25 fidget quilts; make 100 more bears for hospital.
    57. To declutter our house.. keep only what I use!
    My word of the year for 2023: Transformation. I want to "transform" my thoughts about food to have a healthier attitude for food .. it is nourishment, not just enjoyment, and transform my body in get in the best shape I can... to strength so as to avoid injuries.[/quote]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

• emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Goals for 1/19
    - yoga ✅
    - Crochet (x2) ❌
    - 32 oz of water ❌
    - Laundry ❌
    - Job hunt ❌

Daily gratitude: Monty Python made me smile.

As you can see by my list above… today pretty much sucked. I’ll try again tomorrow.

Goals for 1/20
    - yoga
    - Crochet (x3)
    - 32 oz of water
    - Laundry
    - Job hunt
    - Wash dishes
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member

JFT - Thurs Jan 19th
    Log all Food
    Drink 2L water
    Visit JFT - 🙂
    Gratitude Journal

JFT - Fri Jan 20th
    Log all Food
    Drink 2L water
    Visit JFT
    Gratitude Journal

What a day.
    As we were boarding in Calgary we found out that Rodger’s brother in law was on his way to the hospital because they thought he was having a stroke.

It was 5 hours in the air not knowing what was going on. Kaitlyn and I spent the whole trip looking at pictures on our phones.
    When we landed we found out that he did have a stroke but he was able to get a new miracle drug soon enough that he will make a full recovery, even though it will take time.

Kaitlyn and I got the rental, got checked into the hotel and then went to grab my niece from university and take her out for supper. We returned to the hotel and I received another text from Rodger that his brother in law tested positive for Covid.

Now we just need to pray really hard that no one else gets it. Kaitlyn and I are going to get rapid tests on the way there. If any of them get it I will probably not be allowed on to see Mom.

For those that pray our family could sure use some right now.

Tracey currently in Halifax
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    I have a sore spot on the tip of my tongue. Not sure if its an inflammed salivary gland, a bite wound, or something else. Quite annoying!

I have almost all of my agenda finished. Its piled up again, and because of the colors i can see its piled up over the course of three days. But after i make this post, pay my therapist, go through my starred emails, and finally order some new shoes (something ive put off way too long), it will be time to erase!

Other than that, today is supposed to be an easy day. Ive been run pretty ragged this week, and didnt get a chance to catch up on sleep. That said, i may go to Shogi night in the next town over, and try to catch up on sleep on Friday night / Saturday morning. Especially since my energy levels have been up from my diet "break".

Time to segue. I think i mentioned in my last post how terrible i felt monday and how much i ate. I wasnt originally planning on it, but the relaxation and augmentation of eating continued into tuesday. And by wednesday, i had decided this whole week was going to be a "reset". I'm eating, carefully, to my heart's content, and logging everything. You should see my weekly score! It's impressive! But anyway, this all has a purpose other than simply a break. This week, it took even longer than the previous for me to bounce back at the start of the week (increased eating). And i nearly binged on monday. That tells me that something isnt quite right. I think maybe WW's point goal is a little too low and it hasnt figured it out yet because i keep hitting it (despite it making me miserable) (iron will has its downsides!). Since i feel great with my eating this week, i'll try to maintain / let myself go lower next week, and slowly ratchet it down. I have no idea what my weight will do, but neither does WW. It'll be a learning experience for both of us (and a lot easier way to figure out my ideal point goal and weight-loss diet). But it does mean i probably wont pass the 5 pound finish line January 31st! Sorry ladies!

Today is garbage day so that means cleaning out the fridge. I'm excited to make new food. Not sure exactly what, but i'll involve pinto beans. I also bought some corn on the cob. I wonder how well that stuff keeps in the fridge after it cooks? And how well it reheats? I got it for myself but also for hubby who has been itching for corn on the cob since learning corn is 0-points. So we'll either make it together this weekend and feast, or i'll make some today and refridgerate the leftovers.
    Weigh-in on Saturdays

You don't have to apologize if you don't reach the 5lb target! The challenges are for fun, or something to aim for, or a particular goal to focus on (Like the Red Cup one for increasing water intake)

But you don't ever have to apologize for to us not hitting the goal! You've done really well losing half of it! Its by no means a competition :) I've not even weighed myself since the 1st of Jan so god knows what happening with my weight! 😂

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Friday
    1. THINK PINK. Check in about compensation.
    2. Online facilitation - Wins post. Update class website. Duolingo.
    3. Pit Crew - Surveys; organize desks.
    4. Planning - Reading (New book!) Update Goodreads! Call to set up testing for ADHD. Scripts. Scan document & send for GED cert. Comments on R1-2 and SW3; input grades when done. NEED TO WORK ON SCRIPTS!
    5. English class - Socratic discussion. Replace desks.
    6. Lifting. Park walk?
    7. Check on books and dishes. Continue organizing office and setting aside space for books.
    8. Evening: Livestream? Dinner: Out? Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Saturday YMCA/park walk? Starbucks? Library volunteering. Sun RC 10-4; Roadhouse? When to work on Clois & Stuffy? Need to choose doors.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 201.2

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit). ALA conference registration by March.

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba.

10. Immediate family: 20m room cleaning daily. When room is clean, nap together. Zoo? Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Load books in crate for McKay's. Work on staying home solo when dark. When is annual checkup? When is next therapy appt? Discuss regressive behaviors & becoming nonverbal when upset.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; flamingo shirt. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? Dentist April 19 11a. Therapy Feb 9 10A. How to respond to regressive behavior? Obgyn Mar 15 11a.

12. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared."

WFTY: Priorities. Meant to shoot a video today but I don't have what I need. D'oh!
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.

Others I like: Community, Connection, Values (list), ?Patience, Cultivate, Explore, Compassion/Empathy, Rest, Brilliance/Radiance, Hope, Tactics, Joy, Solidarity, Renewal, Camaraderie, Shield
    [/quote]

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member
    Not feeling it today.
  • emgracewrites
    Goals for 1/20
    - yoga ✅
    - Crochet (x3) ❌
    - 32 oz of water ❌
    - Laundry ✅
    - Job hunt ❌
    - Wash dishes ❌

Daily gratitude: Finished the book I was reading.

My motivation is at zero right now. Maybe it will come back tomorrow?
  • cgottschlich
    I suddenly got sick of animal products (for the 376th time) and am eating vegan again.
    Today was day 2. I need to meal-prep more.
    I really like beans and unusual "grains" (stuff next to the dry beans that arent beans like hominy, quinoa, barley, etc) but they require soaking. I think i'm just gonna stick all my long-cooking starch balls in water in the fridge in mason jars. Or maybe i'll finally get an instapot. xD Hubby has been eyeing them for a while and swears he'll make stuff with it all the time if we get one. Ive held off but now, after some spring cleaning, we have room for it. Might as well. But i think i'll have him pick it out (i dont care what kind we get, as long as its a pressure cooker).

Being vegan made it surprisingly easy to stay within my points. Like, too easy. I am hungry a lot, but i feel light on my feet. I bought some soy yogurt to replace the cow kind, and oh boy is it nasty. Maybe thats why its zero ponts? 🤣

If i have time this week, i'll take my first stab at making my own soy yogurt. Already got the starter and some great advice.

Laggin' a bit on the agenda today. Not sure why. Probably poor food management. Right before the diet change i decided to make a much much larger percentage of my food intake veggies because i just love eating all the time and i figured that was a smart trade. 🤣 But now i dont like eating so much! Hmm, strange! 🤣

Caught up on my sleep a bit and feel refreshed. Will catch up more tonight / tomorrow morning. Then its to a convention to watch talented people do DDR Freestyle in San Jose. So the only thing really on the agenda tomorrow is that and logging my weight.

Weigh-in on Saturdays
  • pridesabtch
    Still not feeling it, but need to have goals for today.

JFT Saturday
    - sleep in 😀
    - Weigh 😞
    - Laundry
    - Gym
    - Mini meals
    - No alcohol
    - Shower
    - Bed by 11:00
  • cschmitz110515
    JFT Sat. 1/21
    1) Morning errands: Winter Market (convention center) ~ ran into former colleague & his wife, nice chat, got fresh whitefish, also found locally sourced natural beauty products for SW's bday gift / LoWisCo ~ rats, closed, which I'd forgotten winter break announced but good, brisk walk 3 1/2 blocks and back / Breadsmith
    2) Move hourly / PT exercises / >7,500 steps
    3) Whitefish & veg for supper / net calories zero / >64 oz. water
    4) Any ta-das?

My Fitbit registered me on elliptical, when in reality I was walking very quickly for a few blocks in wind chill of 17F. LOL

Dec. 31 = 177
    Jan. 21 = 176.5 actually down from midweek LOL

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    65 yrs old

2023 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be satisfied if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Continue PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km. Not the full challenge, but with knee issues early in year, I was happy to get this far.
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.4.23 ~ I had to cancel in 2022 due to inflammation in knees from overuse & arthritis (medico advised)
    • register for Bellin 10K on 6.10.23 ~ 2022 first time in person since 2019 & not as large of turnout, still 4,000+ participants
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in mid to late 80s and live 90 miles away
      1.12.23 lunch w/ C
    Word for 2022-23: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • emgracewrites
    Daily gratitude: I caught up on my crocheting. Now on row 2 of the temperature blanket I’m making.

Today didn’t go very well. Made bad eating choices, didn’t drink enough water, didn’t get any cleaning done (and my apartment is a complete mess right now - even though I swore to myself I wouldn’t let it get this bad again). Basically all my plans went wrong. Not even seriously wrong, just little annoyances that stack up to me feeling completely overwhelmed. Running so low on faith and motivation - I’m just burnt out, but I can’t take time to rest because the only one who can change my crappy life is me.

• pridesabtch
    edited January 2023
    Still not feeling it, but need to have goals for today.

JFT Saturday
    - sleep in 😀
    - Weigh 😞
    - Laundry😀
    - Gym😞
    - Mini meals😞
    - No alcohol😀
    - Shower😞
    - Bed by 11:00 😞

Yesterday was a wash, today is no better. Eating is out of control, movement is negligible.

JFT Sunday
    - shower 😀
    - Bed by 11:00

• cgottschlich
    Yesterday was fun.
    I didnt get to go to the event in person (misread a requirement) so i watched via Twitch.tv.
    Not the same as in person, but was happy and grateful to be able to watch at all!
    And i got to watch some cool fighting game matches as well, including a game ive never watched before and is now my new favorite!

Eating was okay. I was strangely hungry by the end of the day, even tho i used up all my points, and i had no taste for any zero point foods around the house. I settled for some edamame but i was suprised to find myself too full to eat much of it. I eventually had a little snack of my hubby's leftovers and some milk. Still couldnt sleep well! But eventually the hunger went away. I really dont know, altho i suspect i didnt stretch enough before bed, or wasnt active enough (low sleep drive) throughout the day (mostly sat on the couch). But i'm awake and full of energy now! And my weight dropped this morning; i'm back to 130.3 lbs. I know i said i wouldnt worry about points for the rest of the week, but its hard, because of the diet switch; I'm already confident i can lose weight with WW (because i did) eating animal products, but i'm not confident yet i can do it without. Baby steps.

Today i'm really inspired to work out. Gonna do lots of calisthenics after this probably, but i might even go to the arcade and DDR, or maybe i'll even go to the climbing gym! Depends on how i feel. I'm still recovering from myofascial pain syndrome, still feel very weak and vulnerable. If i go to the climbing gym, i know i'll be wreccckkked quickly. I wanna do lots today!

but I can’t take time to rest because the only one who can change my crappy life is me
    That doesnt follow. Change takes work. Work requires rest. You can push yourself and push yourself and get a lot done in a short amount of time but eventually, you will have to rest, and your body can make you do it, and will do it at an inopportune time if it has too. No one failed to change their lives because of rest. Rest.

Weigh-in on Saturdays
    January 21: 130.7
    Total lost: 2 lbs

• cschmitz110515
    edited January 2023
    Recap Sat. 1/21
    1) Morning errands: Winter Market (convention center) ~ ran into former colleague & his wife, nice chat, got fresh whitefish, also found locally sourced natural beauty products for SW's bday gift / LoWisCo ~ rats, closed, which I'd forgotten winter break announced but good, brisk walk 3 1/2 blocks and back in 17F wind chill / Breadsmith :smiley: happy me
    2) Move hourly / PT exercises / >7,500 steps :smiley: 8.2K 14 floors 12/14
    3) Whitefish & veg for supper / net calories zero / >64 oz. water :s Evening snack of dry roasted peanuts. Net cals -415, sodium -424, fiber carbs protein good, calcium low-ish, 72 oz. water
    4) Any ta-das? balanced bank accts, digital decluttering :smiley:
    5) Floss / retainers / pray :smiley: 3x

JFT Sun. 1/22 ~ wind chill is 13F so no dog walk
    1) Choir sings church 7:45 & 9:00 :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / treadmill
    3) Make chili / net calories zero / >64 oz. water
    4) Ta-da's so far: updated budget s/s, folded line-dried laundry, brought upstairs & put away / any other ta-da's? (see comments below)

Today has been a bit of a trainwreck, but now righting itself. Started with me missing alarm to be at church at 7:20 a.m. (choir sang opening hymn in 2 services). My eyes fluttered to a bit of daylight, and my clock said 7:19. ACK! Raced like crazy to throw on some decent clothes, didn't even brush my teeth & arrived in time, but not for run-through. Our small choir, especially soprano section, was happy to see me, and we did ok. After church, realized alarm was set for Sat. Oops! Fixed so won't happen again.

Once home, hubby informed me our kitchen fridge truly died. He had thought something wrong a day or so ago, but I wasn't so sure. Funny enough, the freezer section still running fine. Old enough we won't bother trying to repair. We transferred food to old fridge in basement, which we mainly use for soda and milk jugs not in current use, plus few other supplies. Then I researched my Consumer Reports acct for decent fridges in low-ish price range, that would fit inside our kitchen cabinetry... we definitely must buy on the small side. Just as I found a decent well-rated no-frills unit on CR, hubby found same unit on sale at Home Depot, plus he had $30 discount coupon. We went to the store to see the floor model (I hate buying stuff online if I can't see/feel/etc.) and ordered delivery plus haul-away on Sat. which is earliest possible date. Which happens to be hubby's bday. He joked with the salesman he wants a bow, with cake & stripper, on his delivery. Hahaha.

Since it's been a day of household junk, I took opportunity to use step-stool to reach upper laundry room cabinet & got light bulb for office ceiling light and 3-way switch for family room lamp. My hints to hubby to replace dead bulb fell on deaf ears, as well as the switch replacement that's been needed for weeks. He helped me with lamp switch & I replaced bulb, so there is once again light where I need it. With tasks taken care of so far today, I'm finally a happy camper. Could've been much worse; we have extra fridge space in the basement & both freezers still work, can afford the new fridge without panic, and had the bulb & switch waiting to be used. All is well.

Dec. 31 = 177
    Jan. 21 = 176.5 actually down from midweek LOL

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    65 yrs old

2023 Goals:
      1.12.23 lunch w/ C
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    edited January 2023
    Picked up Wendys chili, 2 pies, and made a chicken casserole for my friend.
    Her son was killed on friday afternoon.. by 4 teenagers, in a stolen car. They hit him broadside at a stop lite. and the jerks did not even stop... 3 cars were involved. and these kids got out of the smashed, stolen car, and took off running. They did not even try to help the innocent people that were hurt, and my friends son, who was killed.
    I am so angry at all the violence now happening everywhere it seems. So many car thefts, car broken into, and now these criminals are getting more and more bold. This happened at 12:30 in the afternoon. And these liberal prosecutors let them off .. oh.. we have to show them love and give them another chance. While innocent, good people are losing their lives. So .. I am angry and so sad.
    So.. the past 3 days I have not stayed in a healthy eating habit.. and my weigh in shows that. But .... a new day, and I will be there for my friend, in however I can. I just can't imagine losing a child this way... so very sad.
    No goals for tomorrow. . other than to try and eat as healthy as I can.
    Red Cup Challenge
    1/12 :) Did OK.. but still only got in maybe 5 cups.
    1/13 :s
    1/14 :s
    1/15 :s Son was in town past 3 days.. and I know I did not get in enough water; actually ate very poorly today, but tomorrow will be the start of a new week for me. .. new challenges.
    1/16 :s
    1/17 :s
    1/18 :s
    1/19 :)
    1/20 :s
    1/21:s
    1/22
    1/23
    1/24
    1/25
    1/26
    1/27
    1/28
    1/29
    1/30
    1/31
    5-pound challenge!
    SW, Jan 1st 207.6
    Weekly weigh-in... I will weigh myself every Sunday. I choose that day because it will help me over the weekends, which is usually my worse time.
    Sunday, Jan 1: 207.8 starting weight
    Jan 8: 204.6 -3 pounds. Had a OK week.. did ok about 5 days. My 1st goal is to be under 200 by feb 1st
    Jan 15: 203.8 (Total-4#)--- This was my weight on friday, before my son came, so I am going to record that weight. My weight this morning was actually 206 .. but that was from eating way too much the past 3 days. So I am using my lower weight rather than this higher rate.. goes to show though how much our scale can go up in a few day! Hopefully it will go back down as quickly as it went up!
    Jan 22: 206. Its been a very hard week.. my friends son was killed.. hit broadside by a person with a stolen vehicle. So I turned to what I do ... comfort food.
    A little about me:
    My name is Joan, I will be 72 years old this summer. I am very tall, 5'11", and hope to lose 25-30 pounds. I have 2 grown children, have been married to my husband for 46 years; love to garden, love to walk and exercise, and love to sew.
    My weight history:
    SW Year 2017: 220-217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206 -- met my goal weight of 178 on December, 2019
    SW Year 2020: 182.6 -- gained 15 pounds through the pandemic
    SW Year 2021: 195
    SW Year 2022: 190 - reached 182 in August. But weight on a slow increase the rest of
    2073. SW Year 2023: 207.8
    Weight Goals:
    SW, Jan 1st, 2023: 207.8
    1st goal weight: 199 - reach this by March
    2nd goal weight: 180 - reach this by July
    Ultimate goal weight: 170-175 - reach this by October
    Monthly Goals:
    Feb: 202
    March: 198
    April: 194 (Hubby and my 46 wedding anniversary)
    May: 190
    June: 186
    July: 182 (my birthday)
    August: 178
    Sept: 174
    October: 170--- Ultimate goal weight
    November: learn to maintain 170
    December: learn to maintain 170
    Personal Goals
    52. To have a better relationship with food. To not think I have to be perfect, and to realize that if I have a bad day .. that is OK. Get right back on track. To give it 80/20 --- meaning if I can stay on track 80% of the time, that is OK. It does not have to be 100%
    53. To keep exercising, and do more strength training
    54. To learn how to plan meals and snacks better.
    55. To listen to podcasts and watch youtubers.. improve my way of thinking about food
    56. To sew at least 20 lap quilts for nursing homes; make at least 25 fidget quilts; make 100 more bears for hospital.
    57. To declutter our house.. keep only what I use!
    My word of the year for 2023: Transformation. I want to "transform" my thoughts about food to have a healthier attitude for food .. it is nourishment, not just enjoyment, and transform my body in get in the best shape I can... to strength so as to avoid injuries.
  • emgracewrites
    Didnt even manage to get 1000 calories into my body today because stomach symptoms cropped up again. Every time that happens it makes me scared to eat, which makes everything worse. And even though I know that I still can’t get the fear under control.

Daily gratitude: I have a roof over my head.
    Thats all I’ve got for today. I’m too frustrated and tired to think of anything else.
  • emgracewrites
    Goals for 1/23
    - eat more than yesterday
    - yoga
    - Crochet
    - Fold clean laundry