Serial Starters

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member
    Good morning all~~

Hello IWhelan - you are a pilot!?! How cool is that!

Missy - Thank you for getting us started today. Love the new accoutrements!

I think I got up too early this morning....gotta move some to get rid of this sleepiness!

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

265.0 just my body tracking yesterday for me. Ugh.
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I am definitely a serial starter. I think I am start number 5 right now. I figured loosing weight was cheaper then buying larger clothes again.

I started again first part of December when I tried to wear one of my long sleeved white blouses and it was to tight over the stomach. I"m down almost 10 pounds since then and wore one of them yesterday!
  • Femmefitfierce
    Femmefitfierce Posts: 3 Member
    Hello ☺ been on and off MFP for 6 years. Looking for active friends to encourage and support through our life long journeys. I have yo-yoed so many times over the last 12 years.. Back to keep trying again!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,326 Member
    Good evening,

I have heater set at 62 and it just went on. It is really too cold to go turn it off.

Made Chestnut/Sweet potato/onion soup with plain greek yogurt and pecans. Soup without the last 2 ingred are in freezer. - Not bad considering I was ad libbing a little.

Got 5800 steps today and 6300 yesterday so going walking right after I get home is paying off.

Stay warm and take care.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    hdm5pxpbgzcm.jpeg
    *** January 24 ***

Good morning Y'all~~

Welcome to FemmeFitFierce and anyone else looking for some support along the way~~

Sara - good for you on your sweet potato soup! Sounds very good.

I slept later than usual - time to hop into the shower. I need to get my passport photo done today. I need to do something to make my hair look decent. I've lost so much volume on the top. Ugh.

🌴 You'd think that one of the Cabana Boys would be good with hair, but no.... that's not their thing. Dang. 🌴

Lana

264.4 today
  • lwhelan2018
    lwhelan2018 Posts: 68 Member
    Hello ☺ been on and off MFP for 6 years. Looking for active friends to encourage and support through our life long journeys. I have yo-yoed so many times over the last 12 years.. Back to keep trying again!

I have this same problem!! On and off, roller coaster!! I need support, too, and have plenty to give out too. 😁
  • lwhelan2018
    Good morning all~~

Hello IWhelan - you are a pilot!?! How cool is that!.

Lana, I was a pilot for a day!! 🤣 50th birthday gift from hubby. I do think about taking lessons, but want to get smaller first. It was depressing and embarrassing getting into that tiny plane.... one more motivator for me.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Okay we go from wet to freezing, we are getting winter in overdrive this month.

So far this week I am over on steps by 2300 - if you could see what I am eating you would know that is not enough calorie burning to justify my current weak moment. However I will get more steps tomorrow.

• lwhelan2018
    Stay warm Tilliesmommy!!
  • Brigit42
    Brigit42 Posts: 39 Member
    edited January 2023
    This is my 2nd time on MFP. I thought I could sustain my weight loss without using the food diary but I can't. I need the accountability at this point in my life.

I'm 139 pounds and want to lose nine. When I left MFP before I weighed 132 with daily exercise. If I can get back to that weight and just sustain I'll be happy.
  • LanaCabana537
    hngx6vyzyaen.jpeg
    *** January 25 ***

Good morning all + hello Brigit!

Iwhelan - what a crazy experience it must have been to fly a plane! You will get smaller and fly again, I know it!

Sara - you will come back around soon with better food. 🌟

My challenge right now is to get some exercise in besides normal daily walking. I feel as if I'm in hibernation mode.
    As Sara often says, I will put on some tunes and do a little bit of dancing here and there throughout the day. Nobody is looking, so why not?

Lana

264.4 today
  • sugarfreesquirrel
    sugarfreesquirrel Posts: 268 Member
    Is this still a group of people doing weight watchers?
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    Is this still a group of people doing weight watchers?

I’m doing WW
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Dragon was on a mission this afternoon and the speed at which she took off and her facial expression reminded me too much of the Wicked witch actress in the beginning of the movie while she is bicycle riding. I dont know what caused it, but I hope to not be involved. We shall see.

I am 3300 steps beyond my weekly goal - get steps in after work until my hip joints have had enough. This is how I am dealing with the horrible news on TV, stress at work and too many ladies at church dying or in fragile health.

Got my Valentines Decorations for work- that was nice and quick. So things will look a lot less drab.

My focus this week is also on getting to bed at a good time.

• LanaCabana537
    pshx2swlby7n.jpeg
    *** January 26 ***

Good morning all~~

Yesterday I bought many different bags of frozen vegetables and vegetable medleys to have on hand. Some of this stuff can really boost a meal or a soup or an omelet.

Sara - I wonder what you will learn today about the Monster Madness Mystery.
    Good for you with the Valentine's Day decor 💖

Waves to Missy and Sugar Free Squirrel and all who stop by later on~~

Lana

263.2 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

After work nap went way over, alarm went off but it was warm and so...

Lana that is a good idea with the frozen vegetables. I am in that "what to have to eat next week?" thinking and I am just shaking my head.

• LanaCabana537
    58vio61zjmmv.jpeg
    *** January 27 ***

Good morning all~~

I hope that everyone's work day passes quickly and that you are soon enjoying the weekend 🌴

*🌴Cabana Boys will be having a very nice Happy Hour for us today🌴😉*

Lana

264.0 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Took nap with earplugs I have no clue what they are doing upstairs but dang its loud.

Crawled home after another fun packed exhausting week. Fun packed might not be exactly correct but I am trying to flip things so they seem better.

It is Friday - time to run to the Happy Hour- those C-boys better be ready I am in need of many drinks and snacks.

• Raely101
    Raely101 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2023
    Hi All, I’m Rae, another serial starter!

I lost about 30lbs when I used MFP before but put it all back on + another 20.

The nice thing about being a serial starter is I still learnt a lot on my previous attempts. I don’t have to relearn food logging. I know that forcing myself to eat super clean and healthy food which I don’t like is just going to lead to a binge. But also spending all my calorie allowance on junk food will make me feel tired and rubbish all the time.

I am getting married in August which is a massive motivator for me. I know that is not enough time to get to my ultimate goal weight, but if I could lose 50lbs that would still be amazing!

I’ve lost 5lbs since starting 2 weeks ago.
    SW: 295lbs, CW 290

Would love to find friends with who also have/had 100lbs to lose. I was pretty active on my previous account and I miss seeing posts and updates on my newsfeed!
  • LanaCabana537
    wvvbtc4kmgi4.jpeg
    *** January 28 ***

Wow, the days are flying by on the calendar!

Rae - welcome to our little corner of the world. Check in whenever you'd like. Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. We are here to cheer you along!

Sara - I hope you have some pleasant diversions on tap for your weekend. Take a trip upstairs and see what they are doing. I suppose it is workmen making the noise, and the new peeps move in on Feb 1st?

Missy - I am excited for you that you start your classes on Monday!

Last night I got into a crazed snacking fit; the scale tracked it for me.

Waves to anyone who stops by later on~~

Lana

265.0 today