Question - Should I take creatine on rest days?

A quick question to the community regarding creatine. My question revolves around the frequency of creatine and dosage on rest days. I do a 3 day, full body split workout with weights. 1 day rest and then one day cardio followed by two rounds on the toning circuit, 20 reps per machine. One day rest and then back to 3 day split. Should I take creatine on cardio days as well? SHould I take creatine on rest days? If so, how much? Many thx for your input.

Replies

• Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Yes you should keep taking your regular amount, probably about 5g or maybe a bit more if you're larger than average. While you can probably skip a day here and there with no reduction in benefit, there's really no good reason to do so. It's safe and it's cheap, and if you want the full benefit you need to be at saturation levels.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,595 Member
    Yes you should keep taking your regular amount, probably about 5g or maybe a bit more if you're larger than average. While you can probably skip a day here and there with no reduction in benefit, there's really no good reason to do so. It's safe and it's cheap, and if you want the full benefit you need to be at saturation levels.
    correct

• gavinfosker1
    gavinfosker1 Posts: 3 Member
    Thx for the prompt response @retroguy2000 & @tomcustombuilder
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    5g daily. Timing doesn't matter other than compliance. Use pure monohydrate in powder form for best results.
  • jacobflannery
    jacobflannery Posts: 1 Member
    I would say your loading phase is where you want to be the most consistent (although consistency is key in the journey). Missing a day here and there isn't going to ruin anything.