Is premium membership worth it for general weight loss and fitness?

KeriGillum
KeriGillum Posts: 2 Member
edited January 2023 in Getting Started
Just wondering if it is worth paying the subscription fee for the premium membership? I'm undecided if it's something that would help with general weight loss and fitness. Or if it is a more advanced than that. Getting my self sorted after last few years of bad choices!

Is premium membership worth it for general weight loss and fitness? 6 votes

Yes
0%
No
33%
JaysFan82azoutte 2 votes
Is not needed for a "beginner "
16%
mitch239 1 vote
Other
50%
AnnPT77durdenpenguinmama87 3 votes

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,935 Member
    Why don't you try their 30-day free trial and decide for yourself?
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Other
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Why don't you try their 30-day free trial and decide for yourself?

Yes.

I have it and will say I don't think I use any of the premium features. But I also loathe ads. Is that sufficient for the cost? Depends. Once it runs out and I have to deal with the ads again I'll let you know. :lol:
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    No
    I only care about tracking calories and exercise so I haven't purchased the premium.

I'm down 147 pounds this year so it's not necessary
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,718 Member
    Other
    If you need any of the features that are in premium to succeed, or are the kind of person more likely to do a thing if you put down money, or you hate ads, then premium is worth it. Only you can say. Take a look at the features list, maybe do the free trial.

Another option is to make a start with free MFP, then decide if you need some of the premium features once you have a little experience.

Quite a range of people will do fine with free MFP for general health and fitness. I have premium now, but lost weight and tracked fitness successfully during weight loss and the first years of maintenance with free MFP. (I use other specialized tracking stuff for workouts outside MFP, too, but not as much as some people do. Whether you would want that and what you'd want depends on what activities you do, whether you train seriously in a structured way or just "do stuff", want to track performance metrics, etc. Neither free nor premium MFP do much of that. MFP pretty much just helps you estimate workout calories and track the amount of time you work out, syncs with some of the major fitness trackers, too.)

The question is still whether you, specifically, want or need the premium features in order to get what you need from MFP. We can't answer that for you, unfortunately.