What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    dralicephd wrote: »
    Thanks to my husband (an his efficient use of glue!), I was able to use my elliptical today. Woo hoo! I'm dubious that the fix will hold for the long term, but at least I'm able to use it while I shop for a new machine.

Anyway, an easy 40 minutes today, just to reinforce the habit and get some blood pumping. Feels good. :smiley:

I'm so happy for you. That's wonderful! Gotta love glue and a vice!
  • kellycaddel1824
    kellycaddel1824 Posts: 4 Member
    Heather Robertson on YOUTUBE! Chest and Back!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    edited January 2023
    Very easy pace stationary bike ride tonight, 60' (89W) + 3' (90W :D ), virtually all of the
    ride Z2 (which 109 to 126bpm) except for some below that at first. Peak at 120bpm (about 67% HRmax).

Did the 3 sets of the same round of high rep, low weight dumbbell exercises I've been doing (added weight or reps), plus band hamstring curls, and my physical therapy exercises (including one new band thingie added yesterday).
  • R2che
    R2che Posts: 189 Member
    Jumping on the chat. I did 3 miles first thing running week 7 of the C25K, and I'll walk 2 miles on my lunch hour at work. happy Thursday :)
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 420 Member
    Good workout this morning. Upper body, core and cardio.

Stretched

32 minutes on the spin bike, heart rate avg/max: 140/166
    26 minutes on the treadmill, heart rate avg/max: 142/159

45 minutes lifting weights

Superset: Incline dumbbell press, Reverse grip lat pull-downs, One-armed landmine overhead press
    Chest: 15@35, 12@50, 8@60, 8@60, drop set: 7@60, 8@45, 10@35
    Back: 12@100, 10@120, 10@140, 8@160, drop set: 8@160, 8@130, 10@100
    Shoulders, each side: 12@65, 10@75, 10@85, 10@85, drop set: 8@85, 8@70, 10@55

Superset: Rope triceps press-downs, Crunches, Dumbbell curls, Weighted side-bends, Rope face-pulls:
    Triceps: 3*10@30lbs
    Crunches: 3*25
    Biceps: 3*10@25lbs
    Side-Bends, each side: 3*8@30lbs
    Face-Pulls: 3*10@30lbs

Stretched

I've finally got enough range of motion back in left shoulder to do full range face pulls again without pain.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,691 Member
    Another hour on the elliptical. Quads are feeling it after doing elliptical three days in a row, I may opt for an incline treadmill walk tomorrow for variety.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Currently doing a 5 day, upper lower, push pull legs routine

Today was push (at home, wasn't feeling well enough to go to the gym). Short workout.
    Incline dumbbell chest press 3 sets reps 8,8,(upped weight) 6
    Flat dumbbell chest press 3 sets reps 8,8,7
    Lateral raises 3 sets of 10 reps.

Supposed to do triceps, but don't like doing it with dumbbells and don't have a cable machine at home.

Rowing - 500m, one minute break, 1000m.
  • AnnPT77
    edited January 2023
    Stationary bike ride, like usual lately, this time 60' at 99W average, 3' CD at 77W.

Overall, more Z3 than anything else (which for me is 127-144bpm) for over 40' of the ride; just a few seconds Z4; remainder Z2 and below.

This was theoretically 63' at 15.3 mph average (2:33 per km pace, which Concept 2 seems to think can equate to the same split for 500m row, since they count bike meters as half for challenges).

Not sure whether I could hold 2:33 on the rowing machine for an hour? Probably, but on the bike it's east to be able to drink water without stopping, so I usually break rowing workouts into 2ks with a short break between thus I don't know my 60' moderate SS rowing endurance pace. 🤷‍♀️ This wasn't max effort, for sure.

Haven't done my physical therapy exercises, but absolutely will before bedtime.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Had my "hard interval" day scheduled yesterday and have been feeling a bit draggy. Wanted to do something hard but not brutal. It was cold outside (low 40s), so I decided not to row on the deck and do it all inside instead. Did 8 minute intervals w/ one recovery. I'm trying to get more comfortable doing longer endurance pieces, like 10Ks. Did the first interval on the treadmill @ 15% incline (had to almost jog to get HR up), then two on the LateralX and two on the Assault Bike. Went from 75% HR Max to around 90% by the last interval, so it wasn't terrible. but did what I wanted it to accomplish.

Last night did lifting at the gym. Wasn't there a terribly long time but got at least five to six sets of shoulders, abs, chest, a few back and legs in -- all complex movement stuff.
  • BigMech
    Good workout this morning. Lower body core and cardio.

Stretched

32 minutes on the spin bike, heart rate avg/max: 139/164
    26 minutes on the treadmill, heart rate avg/max: 141/157

52 minutes lifting weights

Landmine Squats: 10@45, 10@55, 10@65, 10@75, 8@85, drop set: 8@95, 8@75, 8@55
    Crunches: 6*20
    Narrow Stance Leg-Press: 12@210, 10@300, 8@390, 8@390, 8@390, 8@390, drop set: 8@390, 8@300, 10@210
    Kettlebell Side Swings, each side: 4*10@30lbs
    Leg Raises: 4*10
    Kettlebell Swings: 4*10@40lbs

Stretched.

First time I've tried the landmine squats. I was able to get good depth on them, so my flexibility is coming back, which is good. I watched some videos on how to do proper kettlebell swings, and realized I had been using way to much arm and shoulder. Much more glute focused with the technique I tried this morning.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Elliptical Interval setting 150 minutes for 9.93 miles.
  • nossmf
    Stepped onto a treadmill for an hour, kept the pace the same at 3mph but played with the incline settings. Quite bizarre to be on a treadmill which can actually do a NEGATIVE incline (front lower than back), all the way up to 30 degrees (have to slow down going that extreme incline).
  • nossmf
    BigMech wrote: »
    First time I've tried the landmine squats. I was able to get good depth on them, so my flexibility is coming back, which is good. I watched some videos on how to do proper kettlebell swings, and realized I had been using way to much arm and shoulder. Much more glute focused with the technique I tried this morning.

Landmine squats are interesting, though a bit of a pain trying to get any kind of substantial weight up off the ground and into position.

Almost NOBODY does kettlebell swings the way they are supposed to be done.
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    5k + 1 mile in 39:34. Ready for an adult beverage… 🔜
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Pull day (All 3 sets)

Lat pulldowns
    Machine rows
    Face pulls
    Bicep curls
    Tricep pushdowns (since I didn't do them push day)
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,945 Member
    A 6.5 mile walk through the park with a friend. We had thought about driving to do a hike farther afield with hills, but I had to chase some wild geese and we got a later start. We're so lucky to have this big park so close. Aside from a few places on our walk that had no hills, we never walked on the same trail/path twice; we did cross it a few times. There were a few small places where the elevation changed -- a total of a whopping 253 feet over all 6.5 miles.

I was explaining to my friend about VO2Max. I had commented that someone the other day had asked how old I was. I said, "Yeah. How old am I?" Their guess was about ten years younger than I am. I didn't correct them. No worries. So I showed my friend about my VO2Max and the "Fitness Age" that Garmin suggests. During the walk it was 16 years younger than my chronological age. Well, when I got home, my VO2Max had increased by a a point from 41 to 42 ml/kg/min, and my "Fitness Age" had decreased by a year to 17 younger than the calendar says. Garmin also suggests my VO2Max is in the top 25% of people my age range and gender. Wow. I don't feel THAT fit. It suggests that over the last month, that VO2Max increased from 39 to 42 ml/kg/min over the last four weeks. This is just from walking. Six months ago, a couple months after I retired, it was down at 38 ml/kg/min, and it dipped as low as 37 back in October. I must have been lazy in the fall. It had been up to 42 back in April and August 2020 before the effect of COVID restrictions detuned my body I let the effect of COVID restrictions reduce my fitness level. In February 2019 it was up to 43 and 46 in January 2019; must have been when I was at my peak. Can I get there now that I'm four years older? Stay tuned to find out! I'll have to start running and swimming again; walking probably won't do it, but it's done me well.
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Quick 35 min. elliptical, moderate pass. Foot pedal is still holding up... fingers crossed.
  • AnnPT77
    Ultra easy pace stationary bike, 60' (83W) + 3' (82W), almost entirely Z2 (a short bit at the start below).

Some dumb dumbbell stuff and band hamstring curls, added reps, still low weight.

Physical therapy session with some exercises, plus later did the home ones that I didn't do then.
  • BigMech
    Good workout this morning. Cardio and core, as I'm still sore from the workouts for the past few days.

Stretched

52 minutes on the spin bike, heart rate avg/max: 134/160
    31 minutes on the treadmill, heart rate avg/max: 133/148

20 minutes of core work

Crunches: 4*30
    Weighted Side-Bends, each side: 4*10@40lbs
    Landmine Twists: 4*8@65lbs
    Kettlebell Straight Leg Deadlifts: 4*10@40lbs

Stretched

• consurge
    consurge Posts: 1 Member
    I do Les Mills workouts. Body Pump, Spin, The Trip, RPM, Body Attack, Body Combat. Mix it up every day. I did Pump and The Trip 29 today. I love it!