What’s a red flag for you?

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    joelo_1119 wrote: »
    Apathy. Narcissism. Toxic insecurity. In no particular order.

They are in alphabetical order 🤜🤛

its-true-all-of-it.gif

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member

You are gifted
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,416 Member
    When he lurks and never says hi.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    f23v5yabt6hx.gif
  • joelo_1119
    joelo_1119 Posts: 118 Member

You are gifted

Not even on purpose 😅
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    glassyo wrote: »

ROFLMAO
    Motorsheen wrote: »

its-true-all-of-it.gif

You are gifted

😏😁
  • TwitchyMagee
    people who describe themselves as “driven” or “disciplined.” They see those traits as virtues but what I hear is “uptight” and “inflexible” which are not appealing to me.
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,012 Member
    people who describe themselves as “driven” or “disciplined.” They see those traits as virtues but what I hear is “uptight” and “inflexible” which are not appealing to me.

Maybe so.....but every bit of advanced technology, amazing art, awe inspiring architecture, incredible athletic feats etc were all performed and created by those with these traits you find unappealing.

Not to mention the many i have witnessed bettering themselves from the situation that which many would call underprivileged by being exactly that.....driven and disciplined. I would hope those that pursue a better life from behind the starting line do not waiver because some are off put by their efforts.

I get how it may turn some people off, but i for one am very pleased with those types. Even thankful as i type on my phone that was created by such a type 👍
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited January 2023
    Revolu7 wrote: »

Maybe so.....but every bit of advanced technology, amazing art, awe inspiring architecture, incredible athletic feats etc were all performed and created by those with these traits you find unappealing.

Not to mention the many i have witnessed bettering themselves from the situation that which many would call underprivileged by being exactly that.....driven and disciplined. I would hope those that pursue a better life from behind the starting line do not waiver because some are off put by their efforts.

I get how it may turn some people off, but i for one am very pleased with those types. Even thankful as i type on my phone that was created by such a type 👍

Oh yeah it takes different strokes.

Also notice that I wasn’t talking about being driven and disciplined. I was talking about people who describe themselves that way

Eta: also, Steve Jobs? His contributions to technology might be interesting But, judging by the accounts of his life and personality, I would not want to be his dinner companion or in a relationship with him in any way- I certainly wouldn’t want to be his daughter
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Revolu7 wrote: »

Oh yeah it takes different strokes.

Also notice that I wasn’t talking about being driven and disciplined. I was talking about people who describe themselves that way

Eta: also, Steve Jobs? His contributions to technology might be interesting But, judging by the accounts of his life and personality, I would not want to be his dinner companion or in a relationship with him in any way- I certainly wouldn’t want to be his daughter

Fair enough
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Quick to anger..
  • LaurenG1219
    LaurenG1219 Posts: 23 Member
    When they stop being intimate or show affection.. that’s not just “getting comfortable” in the relationship… 👎🏻
  • joelo_1119
    joelo_1119 Posts: 118 Member

I think I catch the intent, but I wouldn’t necessarily draw a direct distinction between the two terms. Drive and discipline in the absence of self awareness is probably what you’re getting at, aka, “my way or the highway”.

I am, and have many driven/disciplined individuals in my network and, at least personally, pride myself in the ability to adapt, course-correct, and be proven wrong. Don’t count us out that easily!
  • TwitchyMagee

I think I catch the intent, but I wouldn’t necessarily draw a direct distinction between the two terms. Drive and discipline in the absence of self awareness is probably what you’re getting at, aka, “my way or the highway”.

I am, and have many driven/disciplined individuals in my network and, at least personally, pride myself in the ability to adapt, course-correct, and be proven wrong. Don’t count us out that easily!
    This is pretty insightful.

To clarify, it’s not a dealbreaker but it is a red flag that would put me on alert to watch for selfishness and an inability to compromise.

I like people who work hard. In fact a couple of my favorite people possess that quality. But they would not describe themselves that way. In fact they probably wouldn’t describe themselves at all. They just do what they do and let other people do the describing.

• TwitchyMagee
    People who write LMBO
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,582 Member
    People who write LMBO

What about LMAO?
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited January 2023
    People who write LMBO

What about LMAO?

Cliché but not weirdly pollyannaish. It passes

ETA: LMKittenO would be excellent
  • glassyo
    People who write LMBO

What about LMAO?
    People who write LMBO

What about LMAO?

I honestly love that stupid censored word replacement :) And the day it became avocado(?).
  • TwitchyMagee
    People who write LMBO

What about LMAO?
    People who write LMBO

What about LMAO?

I honestly love that stupid censored word replacement :) And the day it became avocado(?).

Am I misremembering it as asparagus or was that another time?
  • glassyo
    People who write LMBO

What about LMAO?
    People who write LMBO

What about LMAO?

Am I misremembering it as asparagus or was that another time?

No. I wasn't sure but I think it *was* asparagus! Got the "A" part right, at least :)