Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,547 Member
    ... might have been yellow too! :lol:

There were definitely a lot of raspberries and strawberries and some mango... but maybe the red little pieces that were extra sweet were them?!?!?!

They didn't list sugar/sweetener as an ingredient though, and the red-ies were WAY sweeter than a raspberry should be!

However the 'yogurtizer' (this would be the mechanical application of force upon the ingredients during the mixing process while envisioning coyotes being combatted instead!) process did not leave too much evidence to examine after the fact!!! :wink:
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,810 Member
    Soup for dinner because hubby got a great “sale” on Progresso lite canned soups. Pantry is overloaded with soup! It’s cold out so soup it is even though I prefer food I can chew over liquid dinners. And no one will want soup when spring arrives in early March.
  • PAV8888
    I can see why they would have a very short "soup season" in Texas... then again you guys do do chili... which is just a chunkier chunky soup... right?!?!? :lol:
  • Yoolypr
    Chili is mostly winter food too. Of course some folks eat it year round. Like gumbo in Louisiana. But after 70 degrees it’s barbecue season here. Straight meat 🥩 with potato salad, corn, white bread and a little sauce.
    However, now that Austin population is over one million, we are finally getting more interesting cuisine. Thirty years ago it was only barbecue, tamales, chine takeout and tacos 🌮.

• Yoolypr
    Stupid auto correct! Chinese takeout. Oh - and lots of pizza cause it’s a big college town.
    Even now Austin’s has very few and far between ethnic restaurants. Lots of mediocre chain places though.

Tomorrow we’re having fish filets-baked- with a big salad. Potatoes 🥔 for the guys. I think it’s some frozen potato thingy hubby got on sale.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,242 Member
    Making some salmon tonight with greek style couscous... which is just couscous with green onion, tomato, and feta mixed in.
  • PAV8888
    But what kind of salmon is that? And how are we cooking it?!?!?!

I tried to make "dehydrated" fishies for the girl last night.

Previous attempt in the air fryer made them awesomely fast and incredibly crunchy... too crunchy! As in totally bone dry which means they were brittle as opposed to "leathery" which is what's wanted for a good chew!

So I decided to put them in at 10C/50F lower than last time but for the same length of time.
    NOTHING.
    Another 3 hours... Still not dry.
    Another half.... wait a second.... so I'm going 10C down from the default. But I could also go 20C UP from the default. And last time I had cooked them at the MAX that I could get to!!! No wonder the fishies aren't drying!

So I will now have to try again because I am not sure if it was the type of fish (pollock instead of tilapia) or the temperature... I guess the girl will be happy to have more fish of ANY type around!
  • Athijade
    I am just gonna bake it in the oven with some Bone Suckin' Sauce Seafood seasoning most likely.
  • PAV8888
    Now why the kittens am I thinking that Bone Suckin' Sauce Seafood seasoning sounds good! :lol:

Girl and I are back. No mice were killed, I believe, though it took at least one tail pull to generate a pretty intense nose pullout!

753g of mixed peas and carrots and 397g of sweet potatoes are currently warming up in the nuker!
  • Yoolypr
    edited January 2023
    Can of clam chowder soup. Because it’s very cold and I have a boatload of canned soups in the pantry. Might add a few of those goldfish crackers (Franks hot sauce flavor). 8c0qvwnai67p.jpeg
  • PAV8888
    You can even add bunnies to the canned soup!!!🤔
  • Yoolypr
    I usually add veggies to canned soups. But today I just tossed some picante sauce into the clam chowder. Does that count as a bunny - it’s a tomato/ chili product?
  • PAV8888
    edited January 2023
    It would.... at 85g = 🐇🐇 = 🐰
    🤠😘

Plus the chowder has traces of bunnies!

I went with Rio mare corn based. With 14g red onion, 305g cherry tomatoes, 31g green and black olives, and some of the rice/kojac sushi rice mix that was left over from my butter chicken! 🤔

Split the blue menu's butter chicken rice portion with the girl but then augment my half by adding 300g / 180 Cal of konjac and rice sushi rice mix! 🤠

I'm operating on cookies on Friday, large pizza split between two on Saturday, and breakfast with friends followed by four pocky (glico) boxes on Sunday night because I left it too late and they were there... so a weekend deficit it was not!!!🤷‍♂️
  • Yoolypr
    That’s a lot of weekend recovery to do PAV! But onward to doing better now!
  • Athijade
    Tonight is going to be Chrissy Teigen's Spicy Jammy Drummies with roasted potatoes and green beans.

I cleaned out my fridge yesterday for the new way of eating and will do my freezer today. Just getting rid of stuff that isn't going to do me well health wise, especially if I am trying to avoid type 2. It sucks to have to do, but I think long term it is worth it.
  • Yoolypr
    edited January 2023
    It’s totally worth the effort. I wish I had been as smart as you Athijade! I could have spared myself years of finger pricking, injections and meds. Not to mention a whopping amount of medical expenses.
    You can do this! ❣️

Food today was a salad with a couple ounces of shredded ham. Tonight more soup! 🍲. Hubby is chopping extra veggies to toss into the mix. Might do fruit and yogurt later.
  • PAV8888
    Crisped some frozen sliced eggplants in the air fryer... the crispy ones were really good. The not so crispy ones... not so much! :lol: Since it was warm already i also shoved in there a "box" of the "stuffed butternut squash" I managed to get at the stickered sale price... after they had gone 30% up in price. Had to argue and whine a bit. Got $24 in refunds out of the fight... so there's that! :sunglasses: They claim to be 600g... 760g of squash and seeds on top! Not too bad calorie wise actually: 1 Cal per gram they claim. Seeds are a lot more. The squash itself is 50-60% of that . Sounds right more or less for the relative weight of each in the whole.
  • Athijade
    So last night I ended up crashing HARD. I had no energy at all. That said, I did not order in. Instead I still roasted the potatoes and had them with some cheese, sour cream, and bacon. So not what I would consider healthy, but it was all I could handle. And since I cleaned out the freezer, I only have like 1 freezer meal atm. Gonna have to try and find some I can eat.

Tonight I am making the drummies with the green beans. It just shifts everything down a day so no big deal.
  • PAV8888
    Is a drummie something that started near a chicken?
  • Athijade
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Is a drummie something that started near a chicken?

Yes. Chicken drumsticks.

Though I changed my mind again cause I am still quite worn out. So going to order in a burrito bowl, which I know is within my calories because I get the same one every time and I was already going to be quite low.

SO chicken is pushed back another night.