Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,046 Member
    Good afternoon. We are just getting a little bit of snow this afternoon. The earlier snow missed us. It is quite cold though. I have ducked outside my front door several times to pick up mail and a very tiny grocery order—almost everything I was trying to obtain was out of stock.

Sandy, very pretty picture of the snow and I am glad that your son will give you a ride to their house and back home again. That is very good news! I hope you received a reasonable estimate for cleaning your apartment. ❤️❤️

Patsy’s oh yes, a birthday party for Katie would be fun! I know you will plan something special. You are a born organizer with attention to all the details. What a fortunate pup….!

Anne, did you get your groceries this morning? The few things I picked up yesterday were ready 1 1/2 hours early! I was so disappointment today though, as when I ordered the items, all were supposedly in stock but by the time the person picked my order almost all were gone. I don’t think the inventory program was working properly.

Jackie, my goodness, I wouldn’t have thought to look up any stories related to that teapot. I just saw an interesting teapot with a fox, a bear and a fish! Thanks for the extra info. Oh, and I found a YouTube summary of Happy Valley Episode 4, no videos, just still photos. But I learned a lot and there was the look of the dishy Vicar back again (except with a scar). Everything is up in the air now isn’t it? Will she live the 2 days to her retirement? Who will survive to the end of the series?

Hello Barbie, Diane, Jeri, and all our Sneakers. Be safe everyone.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

ys8xokjfpaaz.jpeg

• Loveburg87
    Loveburg87 Posts: 452 Member
    Yes,I wrote on the previous page LIN, but don’t read, too depressing and I am finished with the subject now.

Anne.

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,001 Member
    edited January 2023
    Babe back in hospital with pneumonia on both sides. Breathing was bad so rehab said too much for them to take care of. Different hospital as they chose the closet one. Prefer this hospital. Waiting in ER to be admitted.
    Here we go again. Needless to say I didn’t go sit for Charlie.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Loveburg87
    Poor Babe and poor Sandy. Terrible worrying time for you. Wish I could help. Anne ❤️
  • Sandydur
    Loveburg87 wrote: »
    Poor Babe and poor Sandy. Terrible worrying time for you. Wish I could help. Anne ❤️

Aww thank you Anne, you do help by letting me vent on this forum.
  • jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Sandy
    4v3ezdip7iub.jpeg

I’m thinking of you and Babe and do hope you have better news this morning. Good at least if Babe is in a hospital you prefer.
    Hugs across the pond ❤️
    Jackie

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,877 Member
    <3Sandy and Babe What a difficult time for both of you.

:) Jake is going off by himself to have his pacemaker/defibrillator checked by the cardiac practice that changed the battery last week. It's about an hour away and he is going by himself so I'll have a few hours at home alone this afternoon. I am almost never home alone and this will be a rare treat for me. Jake is home alone for two hours every morning when I'm walking but he rarely goes anywhere without me.

:'(Lin, sorry to hear about your disappointing grocery order. We have been fortunate here with very few items unavailable at our local QFC and personal shoppers who are good at finding substitutes.

<3 Barbie
  • linder4866
    Sandydur wrote: »
    Babe back in hospital with pneumonia on both sides. Breathing was bad so rehab said too much for them to take care of. Different hospital as they chose the closet one. Prefer this hospital. Waiting in ER to be admitted.
    Here we go again. Needless to say I didn’t go sit for Charlie.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

Sandy, I am so sorry to hear this. ❤️❤️

Take care and I hope better news is on the way.

Lin
  • linder4866
    6acebz6nv7zf.jpeg

For Babe❤️❤️
  • Sandydur
    Happy Thursday and thank you all for your good wishes. It was a long day from rehab to hospital and I finally got home at 10pm. I talked to Babe this morning and he was eating breakfast. They told him today would just be a rest day so that is good. I will try to get there by noon to see if there are any updates. I am not going to my meeting but I do have a dental cleaning tomorrow so will keep that appointment. I am hoping that with a new hospital and new doctors they can finally get him cured of pneumonia but my gut tells me there are other things going on beside the pneumonia.
    The good thing is his daughter calmed down so there is that. I just feel broken and cry at the drop of a hat. Thanks for being my friends.

More snow the next few days so they better keep those streets clear. lol Time to eat and get moving.
    Have a good day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Loveburg87
    edited January 2023
    SANDY you are an absolute brick (English expression meaning good soul) for looking after Babe and going to see him regularly. I’m sure he really appreciates you. The health news isn’t good though I’m afraid. Reminds me of my old friend Bill who was discharged too soon. Don’t let that happen to Babe and especially in these cold winter months as happened to Bill.

And it IS cold here and very snowy. Some Good Samaritan part cleared my drive and deck last night. Jilly had a real good bark but I darent go out to see who having changed into my pyjamas and it being bed time. “He” cleared enough on the drive for a car, and the rest was a path to the bottom garage and back door. I am dreading next week when we enter into real frigid winter. Glad I’m going to the doctors tomorrow anyway and I can hibernate after that.

Marks coming over to put out the trash and check my laptop. It won’t let me into the internet saying I might have been scammed! I’m on the iPad writing this and I never could write to you Sneakers on the laptop. I am very grateful to my two and often three if you count Mary Jo even if sometimes I feel like a two year old when MJ is explaining the mysteries of my shark vacuum dismantling. Lol. It’s worth it just getting a little help these days.

Must away and get some lunch,
    ANNE.
  • jacAth3
    My new fan heater was a great success and it was bliss to shower in a warm room! The cold weather is still with us and I had a shock when I drove up to the moors for our morning walk because my cottage is relatively sheltered and I wasn’t expecting the icy blast that hit us as we set off. I tried to keep walking briskly to keep warm but George decided to sniff every blade of grass so I had to keep walking back to them because I could see Betty was getting nervous. Half an hour was long enough then we were back home where I’ve cut up more wood for kindling and mucked out the hen house.
    I tried to phone Linda but when she picked up she told me she was about to drive home from the hospital where she had a biopsy cut from a lump on her tongue. If I had known I would have offered to drive her and told her as much when we caught up later. She was in a lot of pain as the local anaesthetic wore off so was going to take paracetamol and lie down for a few hours. We will talk tomorrow and perhaps meet up because my appointment with the vet for Betty and Brady’s annual health check and booster has been postponed as the vet isn’t well. My dog walking friend David also phoned to let me know he had his MRI scan on Monday. He was in the machine for 45 minutes which sounds extremely thorough so he will hopefully hear from them soon because he is worried he may have cancer.

No wonder you are exhausted Sandy. You haven’t had a chance to properly rest or even relax a bit in weeks. If you can’t get to the hospital because of the snow, take it as a message from on high…. look after yourself as much as you do everyone else. ❤️

How exciting Anne, a secret nighttime Good Samaritan snow clearer! Hibernating sounds like a grand plan for dealing with frigid cold.

Yes Lin, the dishy vicar emerged from his severe hair cut and suddenly it was too easy to cheer him on when he escaped! Everyone is dreading a horrible end for Catherine but I think the creator Sally Wainwright likes the character too much!

My log fire is roaring and I’m in the mood for a mug of hot chocolate. I’ve a thick head and sneezing lots!
    Jackie 🥰
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,312 Member
    Oh Sandy how awful. Just when things start to look better it all happens again. You are so strong. Big hugs.

A couple busy days for me. Costco run, working on pictures and today physio and grocery shopping. Ed went ice fishing. He had a good time.

My physiotherapist thinks I should get a cortisone shot in my back. I’m going to my doctor next week, I’ll talk to him about it.

Nite all,

Jeri
  • linder4866
    edited January 2023
    Hello friends. It was cold here today but no new snow last night or today. Apparently they think 6 - 8 inches may arrive on Saturday. Argh! I hope they have grossly overestimated the snowfall! I spent the day on chores, card making, and reading. I still haven’t walked to the mailbox. Must get out there soon. I am sure it is packed with ads and stuff.

Well it is Thursday evening and PBS has back to back shows that I often find interesting. Father Brown, Hamish Macbeth, and Midsomer Murders.

Jeri, you have been busy! I hope something works to relieve your back discomfort.

Jackie, did you get your cocoa? Sounds lovely. And a warm place to take a shower. Sounds some good things today.

Sandy, did you get any rest today? Thinking of you and hope life settles down a bit soon.

Barbie, I either request items that are popular and always sold out OR not at all popular and they never have much of the items as they don’t sell well. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Anne, well, an unknown snow remover. Better than other options.

Well, I should move along. I have a quite sore neck. I don’t know what’s wrong with it but my throat hurts as well. Time will tell I guess.

Be safe everyone.

Ln🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

y45ievd80nu3.jpeg
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member

Hello!
    Cold ! Cold! Cold! Here and a bit dreary. No rain or snow, however.

Sandy: dearest friend, I can only imagine how tired, worried and stressed you must be. Babe is in a terrible situation. You are right. It will be a long battle, I fear. Respiratory problems aren’t easy to resolve under the best of conditions. Our prayers and best wishes for you both. Through it all, you know you are strong. You have the support of your family and friends. Accept any help babes daughter and grand daughter offers. They may need to to be closer to their dad and grandfather. I had to learn this in regard to our daughter.

Damon was here and bless his sweet heart! He was busy doing one big repair after another. He ended the the trip by taking his dad to the eye doc and together they set up a schedule for his cataract operation. John has a difficult kind of cataract that takes a bit longer to heal. It is called a brown cataract. So it will challenge him no doubt.

I missed being able to post or read during Damon’s visit. It was really a busy time of doctor appointments, repairs and gathering of supplies and repair materials. Think we are set for awhile. The cataract procedure will be in early spring or earlier jf an opening in the schedule is offered.

Damon’s little old doggie, Miski, is almost blind and hard of hearing. Yet she gets around very well. She has been coming here for her whole life. Katie is terrible jealous and can’t share attention or food. We have to separate them while they eat. It makes me so sad for her. She gets Yelled at for nipping at Miski. So it is a constant struggle to watch over dear old Miski to make sure Katie doesn’t hurt her. Yet Katie is a sweet affectionate dog….but she has issues!!!!
    Thinking of you all and I miss our daily “chats.”
    Patsy☘️

• OhDD65
    OhDD65 Posts: 176 Member
    Back to whether I liked my name...Never knew of another Diane in elementary school though there were a few further up in the grades being a version of Diana, Dianne or Diane. To this day I am rarely spelled Diane by anyone unless you know me. Everyone seems to think it is another variation. My Dad named me after an old girlfriend I am told, but that was all I was told about it. Never really minded my name though a few close friends have called me Di. An old friends Dad used to refer to me as O.D.D when he spoke with his daughter. It meant One Dimple Diane. Yes Princess Diana was a favorite of mine and so was Queen Elizabeth. Funny thing is I am Diane Elizabeth and yes my maternal and paternal heritage goes back to England. Unbeknown to me I had a royal name in later years. Beat that story LOL

Diane
  • Sandydur
    This is not easy to write but Babe breathing is getting worse. He is at highest level of oxygen the hospital can give him. He has too many things against him. Pneumonia, COPD, AFIB, Amyloidosis. The charge nurse came in and explained the DNR and how if his breathing gets worse the response team will come in and take him to ICU and ventilate him if that is his decision. After she was done explaining everything he said he would be ventilated but if he didn’t get better before they started putting feeding tube or a trach in his throat he wants the plug pulled. He does not want to live on machines or tubes and neither do I. I let his daughter know to come in early so she is coming in Saturday. I am spending the night with him because he doesn’t want to be alone. There is always hope and he is fighting. Let’s all pray for a miracle.
  • jacAth3
    Sandy sweetheart, I’m so terribly sorry. You might have some painful decisions to make but you are stronger than you sometimes give yourself credit for and will always do what’s best for Babe. He will take comfort from knowing you are there and love him. We all love you! ❤️

I wish I could be there to hug and support you but you are in my thoughts.
    Jackie 🥰
  • Loveburg87
    SANDY, difficult to explain just how terribly sorry I am for you. As JACKIE wrote above, you are a very strong lady and you will get through this. My thoughts are with you and Babe.
    Love to you both, Anne. ❤️❤️
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,877 Member
    <3Sandy, This is truly a difficult time for you and Babe and you both have to summon all the spiritual resources that you have been accumulating. <3