What are you doing RIGHT NOW???

Replies

• joelo_1119
    joelo_1119 Posts: 118 Member
    joelo_1119 wrote: »
    Still folding laundry. Took a break to do an exam, go to the store, have lunch and make croissants

Gotta know. Are we talking from scratch laminated dough, or the pop-can type? lol

From scratch using the food European butter cause it's the only way.

Right answers on top of right answers!!!

Eagerly awaiting a pic of the next “what are you doing” post being - enjoying flakey goodness…??

I made some up as cinnamon cruffins last night after shovelling snow but the actual croissants were given an overnight rest in the fridge. I'll be baking them today, after I skate

Winter wonderland. Must be nice. Here in the south we’re lucky to have a few months break where it isn’t a scorching hellscape.

So yes… currently debating how long I can wait to put a shirt and jacket on to take the trash to the street in 40F weather.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,132 Member
    Finally baking my croissants
    Just remembered I have to call my person in driving Monday
  • Alinouveau2
    Still folding laundry. Took a break to do an exam, go to the store, have lunch and make croissants

Gotta know. Are we talking from scratch laminated dough, or the pop-can type? lol

From scratch using the food European butter cause it's the only way.

Right answers on top of right answers!!!

Eagerly awaiting a pic of the next “what are you doing” post being - enjoying flakey goodness…??

I made some up as cinnamon cruffins last night after shovelling snow but the actual croissants were given an overnight rest in the fridge. I'll be baking them today, after I skate

Winter wonderland. Must be nice. Here in the south we’re lucky to have a few months break where it isn’t a scorching hellscape.

So yes… currently debating how long I can wait to put a shirt and jacket on to take the trash to the street in 40F weather.

I put my garbage out yesterday in shorts, winter jacket and boots in a snow storm. You can do it!!!
  • Alinouveau2
    Enjoying my freshly baked treats b27x52sm5bzk.jpg
    v6jp8ehoygw6.jpg
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,529 Member
    edited January 2023
    v6jp8ehoygw6.jpg
    😍Those are beautiful! Now I want a croissant. (And I love your little cutting board.)
  • Alinouveau2
    cmsienk wrote: »
    v6jp8ehoygw6.jpg
    😍Those are beautiful! Now I want a croissant. (And I love your little cutting board.)

Thanks and I love it too. A friend always gives me boards and this was the latest.
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    v6jp8ehoygw6.jpg
    Those are some very attractive pastries
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,502 Member
    Waiting for the lasagna I made last night to finish warming up in the oven.
  • Alinouveau2
    v6jp8ehoygw6.jpg
    Those are some very attractive pastries

They're a tasty treat.
  • Alinouveau2
    Watching tv. I didn't have a great curling game today but we tied against a really good team. But man 90 minutes of skating and 2 hours of curling my legs are tired
  • joelo_1119
    v6jp8ehoygw6.jpg

Amazing! Can only imagine the smell…
  • Alinouveau2
    v6jp8ehoygw6.jpg

Omg when I got home with my boy from school we both walked in and commented on the glorious smell.

What shall I make today....maybe some baguettes?
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited January 2023
    v6jp8ehoygw6.jpg

Omg when I got home with my boy from school we both walked in and commented on the glorious smell.

I love baguettes. Especially when they’re dark enough to get a good crack but not so dark they pierce my soft palate. I know, I know
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,502 Member
    v6jp8ehoygw6.jpg

Yes!! Then show us when they come out straight out of the oven. I'd love to learn how to make baguettes.
  • Alinouveau2
    v6jp8ehoygw6.jpg

Yes!! Then show us when they come out straight out of the oven. I'd love to learn how to make baguettes.

So the trick is having steam in your oven it creates the crust. I wet towels and put them on a cookie sheet in the oven to do this since I don't have a steam injection oven 😂. The dough is basically flour, water, yeast and salt but you need a fair bit of salt to give it flavour. I like making bread haha
  • TwitchyMagee
    v6jp8ehoygw6.jpg

So the trick is having steam in your oven it creates the crust. I wet towels and put them on a cookie sheet in the oven to do this since I don't have a steam injection oven 😂. The dough is basically flour, water, yeast and salt but you need a fair bit of salt to give it flavour. I like making bread haha

If my kids ever stop annoying me I will go back to making bread and then I will probably nag you for all of your tricks

• Alinouveau2
    Awaiting my first parent teacher interview...first up...science. last is the class my boy gets his lowest grade in....gym 😂
  • joelo_1119
    v6jp8ehoygw6.jpg

Yes! Baguettes sound great. Go ahead and send some over so I can enjoy this truffle pesto I brought back from Italy. It’s been staring at me in the pantry 😳

Good tip on the wet towels. I’ve always just thrown them in, squirted the hell out of the oven with a spray bottle, and hoped for the best…
  • Alinouveau2
    v6jp8ehoygw6.jpg

Yes! Baguettes sound great. Go ahead and send some over so I can enjoy this truffle pesto I brought back from Italy. It’s been staring at me in the pantry 😳

Good tip on the wet towels. I’ve always just thrown them in, squirted the hell out of the oven with a spray bottle, and hoped for the best…

I've done the spray bottle but a books suggested the towels so I just soak them in the sink for awhile and then put them in the oven then add more water to them because I have had some towels burn
  • ElMeroKeeQue
    ElMeroKeeQue Posts: 540 Member
    Chiropractor. My body hurts after last nights belt test. I need fixing!